Reluctantly to Mars - Cover

Reluctantly to Mars

Copyright© 2009 by sam177

Chapter 2

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 2 - A shy nearly reclusive librarian winds up as a very public figure as a crewmember of the first crewed mission to Mars. Not only does she have to deal with unwanted publicity, but theres also other surprises waiting for her. Codes will be updated when I get there in the story.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Reluctant   Science Fiction   Space  

The elevator doors opened and Elizabeth and Robert stepped off into a narrow corridor lined with boxes. Except for the noise of the elevator doors closing, it was eerily quiet. It was also dark with only a few dim lights leading to a large doorway; the metal doors locked in the open position, beyond which was nothing but inky blackness. Elizabeth would have said the place had been abandoned long ago if it wasn't for the glaringly out of place red Radio Flyer wagon, loaded with groceries, and the battered old ice chest parked next to the elevator door.

"Are you sure someone lives down here? You're not just pulling my chain are you?" she asked, edging closer to him.

Robert smiled, "And you look so sexy in your chain."

Elizabeth blushed and then smacked him lightly on the arm making his smile widen.

"I'm sure," Robert pointed to the wagon and the battered ice chest next to it. "I see Lou and Hank have been here."

Elizabeth cautiously moved to take a look. The wagon held dry goods and non-refrigerated drinks, along with some personal products. The ice chest held glass jars of milk, and several sealed plastic bags filled with eggs, meat, and vegetables.

Elizabeth closed the lid and shook her head in amazement. "So where does this Sam live?"

"Just down the hall to the right. Let me get the lights and I'll take you there." Robert started digging through his pockets. "I've got a penlight here somewhere," he muttered.

"Shouldn't there be a switch around here?" Elizabeth asked, feeling the walls.

"Yes but you have to be careful..."

"Ah ha! Found them!" Elizabeth cried triumphantly and flicked the switch on just as Robert cried out, "No! Wait!"

Suddenly light filled the large room. Elizabeth didn't have time to marvel at the size of the room however because immediately following the light came a loud, eerie, scream. Elizabeth let out a scream of her own and jumped for Robert.

Robert slapped the lights off while trying to keep from falling under Elizabeth who'd jumped into him. As soon as the lights when out there came a long spooky pain filled "Ooooowww!" that sent shivers down Elizabeth's spine.

"Wha-what the hell was that?" She panickly demanded to know.

"That would be Sam. She's been working in the dark again. Silly girl's going to ruin her eyesight," Robert explained, with a touch of annoyance that told of his concern for her. "Sorry Sam!" he called out aiming his penlight at the bank of switches and flicking a couple of them on. The warmer glow of light bulbs came on, illuminating only the areas within their dim reach. Connecting them were strings of lights like those in theatres. The harsh intense light of the fluorescent lights stayed off.

"It's ok," came the pain filled voice out echoing out of the dark.

Elizabeth looked around in amazement. She couldn't see far with the secondary lighting, but she could tell the room was vast. Robert took her hand and slowly led her down the corridor. The string of lights was broken in many places by piles of boxes on the floor and above.

"These shouldn't be here," Robert said, more to himself, as they wound their way through the boxes. As they did, Elizabeth looked around. It looked like a library except the stacks were about 40 feet high with metal walkways about every ten feet. Rolling ladders provided access to the high shelves, while regularly spaced spiral staircases, located at the end of the stacks, allowed access to the upper levels. Looking down the stacks Elizabeth could also see narrow steep staircases going up to the next level. The stacks were so deep she couldn't see where they ended.

Eventually they came to a pair of cubicles recessed into the wall. They passed one dark cubicle to come to the aisle between them. On the other side of the short wall, in the glow of a computer screen sat a young woman rubbing her eyes.

"Ok to turn the lights on Sam?" Robert asked. When she nodded he flicked the switch set into the wall just outside the cubicle.

Elizabeth's eyes widened at the sight of the girl, sitting at her desk, blinking in the bright light. She was wearing pajamas, the bottoms of which here hot pink, and the top was pale blue with teddy bears.

Robert stared at her too. Finally he asked, "Did you just get up, Sam?"

She squinted up at him. "Oh, hi sir." She fumbled around on her desk coming up with a pair of glasses. She put them on saying, "I'm sorry sir, what did you say?"

"Did you just get up?" Robert asked concerned.

Sam look at him confused. Then she followed his gaze down and blushed as she saw her pajamas. "Um ... n-no sir. I-I was just ... just finishing up so I could g-go to bed. Did ... did you need something?" she asked, squirming uncomfortably with embarrassment in her chair.

"No um ah..." Robert scratched his head lost for words. He hadn't expected to find Samantha in her pajamas.

Samantha looked warily at the woman next to him and he started, "Oh, this is my girlfriend, Dr. Elizabeth Grace. She's with NSAA and had a few questions for you. Elizabeth this is Samantha Jenkins."

Elizabeth gave her what she hoped was a reassuring smile as the girl went pale.

"I'm ... I'm not in trouble, am I?" Samantha asked looking scared.

"I would like to know why all the boxes are scattered around, but no you're not in trouble," Robert told her.

She didn't look convinced. "Y-you told me I wasn't to try carrying all the books up the ladders and stairs, that I was to use the elevator," she said defensively.

Robert nodded. "That's right."

"But it's still broken."

Robert blinked. "No, they're not. I had men come out and go over the elevators."

"I never saw any men sir, and they don't work."

"When was the last time you tried it?"

"Last week, sir."

"You're sure?"

"Of course, sir"

"Where is the elevator?" Elizabeth asked.

Samantha pointed behind her. Elizabeth turned to see a small cage containing the elevator. The elevator was stopped between floors.

"Is that the only one?" Elizabeth asked surprised.

Samantha shook her head. "N-no miss. There's others spaced regularly but they all have problems."

"What kind of problems?"

"Well that one is stuck between floors. Nothing I can do will get it to move. The one opposite gives me a shock every time I hit the call button. The one down the hall," Samantha said, pointing to her right, "Won't let the doors open. And the one..."

"What about the freight elevators?" Robert asked cutting her off.

"Only one works, and only barely. Hank told me not to trust it."

Robert shook his head. "They told me everything checked out ok. I'll give them a call as soon as I get to my office," he told Samantha

"Um kay." Samantha said, confused, and wondering if their visit was some kind of test.

"Sam, how come you weren't using the light Louise got you?"

Samantha blinked at the change of subject. "I needed the plug for the coffee maker," she said simply.

"How long have you been drinking coffee?" he asked surprised.

"I-I don't, I use it for hot chocolate," Samantha hesitated. "Um ... wou-would you like some?"

Robert grinned, his eyes twinkling with amusement. "Sure, why not?"

Samantha looked nervously as Elizabeth.

Elizabeth nodded, "Yes, thank you."

"Um, I'll just go get a couple mugs," Samantha replied and hurried through a door in the side of the cubicle. It led to a small kitchen/dining room.

Robert had to bite his lower lip to keep from laughing. Samantha's feet were buried in big, fluffy, pink, bunny slippers. Elizabeth glared at him and whispered, "Don't you dare laugh!"

While Samantha was in the kitchen, Elizabeth took the time to look around Samantha's "home." Samantha's side looked like an occupied office with a few pictures and other personal touches. Her desk was actually two L shaped desks forming a shallow U. Both were crammed with computers, monitors, scanners, and piles of books, tapes, and disks as well as their associated players. The variety and the ages of the machines surprised her. She figured there would be older machines to read older media, but she didn't expect to see them in active use. Despite the numerous machines and the second desk, it was obvious there was only one person working there.

At the back of the cubicle was a counter, with file drawers underneath, next to a couple file cabinets in the corner. Above were shelves filled with binders, disks, and tapes. On the counter was an ancient typewriter, a table lamp, and a coffee maker.

At first glance, the other cubicle looked dark and empty, but taking a closer look she could see signs of use by Samantha. The small portable sewing machine, in place of the typewriter, was the first sign. A small recliner, in place of an office chair, and a TV and video player, instead of computer and monitor, was the second. Like Samantha's office side, there was a door between the desk and the back wall. Opposite from the entrance to the cubicles were two doors next to each other. Elizabeth wondered where the other doors led to.

Samantha came back carrying a tray with two mugs and a bowl filled with mini-marshmallows. She pulled a pullout board from the counter and set the tray on it. Reaching for the carafe she said, "I'm sorry, I'm out of milk."

"Lou and Hank brought your groceries down this morning." Robert told her.

Samantha blinked and then blushed, "Oh, thank you. I'll go get them."

She started to go but Robert stopped her saying, "It's ok Sam, straight will be fine."

Samantha looked at Elizabeth who nodded in agreement. "Um ok." She filled the mugs with hot chocolate and then extended the bowl of marshmallows. "Marshmellon?" she asked nervously.

Elizabeth's right eyebrow rose at Samantha's "Marshmellon," but didn't comment on it, instead saying thank you and scooping a couple out with a spoon.

As they stood sipping their drinks, Samantha suddenly said, "Oh! I'm sorry!" and hurried into the door on the right. She came back pushing one office style chair, and dragging a folding chair behind her.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.