My Brother's Keeper - Cover

My Brother's Keeper

Copyright© 2009 by Openbook

Chapter 4

I should have had my head examined after I first decided that Kaitlyn's youngest sister, Bridget, might be a good choice for someone for me to start going out with. She was twenty four years old, less than a year older than I was, and of the four Keller sisters, was, without question, the pick of the litter.

Unfortunately, being the pick of that particular litter wasn't the glowing recommendation that one might think it was. Bridget was very different than her other three sisters in many ways. For one thing, she was a college graduate. None of her other sisters had made it through high school, except if you counted GED certificates. Bridget had no tattoos or body piercing's either. Almost as importantly, she was without child. Each of her other sisters had at least three kids, and Mona, her oldest sister had five, by four different men.

She was good looking too, with a nicely curved body, and a face that attracted many second and third glances wherever she went. To me, Bridget was the best looking of the four sisters, and that was really saying something. I'd always thought Kaitlyn was the least attractive sister, but knew my opinion might have been distorted by my animosity towards her. In any case, Bridget was a real looker.

I really have no idea why Bridget really decided that she wanted to move back to Hesperia after she'd graduated college. I know the reason she told me she did, but that later proved to be another lie she had told. She had been on a full academic scholarship to Willamette University, a small liberal arts school somewhere up in Oregon. She had been gone from the high desert for over five years, having taken that long to finish up her studies.

I first saw her again one morning when I drove over to Danny's place to ask him if he wanted to go to a bankruptcy auction down in Santa Ana. I usually went to these things by myself, but, this time I wanted to take one of the big trucks and see if I couldn't take care of picking up any purchases I might make with a single trip down there.

Bridget was sitting in one of their plastic outdoor chairs when I pulled up in front of the trailer. She had Angela, Danny and Kaitlyn's youngest, sitting on her lap. Angela was drinking milk out of one of those plastic cups with a lid on them, and Bridget was smoking a cigarette.

I had never smoked, and neither did Danny or Kaitlyn. I knew that Kaitlyn never allowed anyone to smoke inside her trailer. She was funny that way. She would commit adultery with some guy, almost in front of her three young kids, but she wouldn't allow the guy to smoke in front of them.

I have to admit that just seeing Bridget did get my motor running. I'd had about half a crush on her for the past ten years or so. She had been a featured performer in at least half the fantasies that went through my mind when I engaged in acts of self abuse.

I believe she was the girl I had on my mind the very first time I spanked my little monkey. I was thirteen years old at the time, and had recently seen Bridget topless. She had been changing into her swimsuit in the hallway of Danny's trailer when I had surprised her by coming out of the bathroom.

I had only gotten a very quick peek before she turned her back to me and finished putting her swim suit top on, but that had been my first prurient live look at a young girls boobs. It was a memory high on my list of all time all times.

"Hey, Bridge, when did you get back? More importantly, why did you ever come back HERE? If I ever leave, I'll never come back, not even for a visit."

She was getting ready to say something when Danny came out of the trailer and started getting into my car. He looked pretty angry, and I think Bridget and I both knew instantly that things might be better for everyone if I started my car back up and left the trailer park right away. When Danny and Kaitlyn are fighting, the best thing is to put as many miles between them as you can.

It turned out that Danny was upset because Kaitlyn had gone out the night before, supposedly to return her mother's portable sewing machine, and hadn't returned until three o'clock in the morning. She'd brought Bridget home with her, so Danny didn't get the opportunity he'd wanted to vent his anger over her leaving him with the kids for so long.

She was always pulling things like that, saying she was going to just be a few minutes at something, but ending up being gone for a long time. At least once or twice a year, she'd go off on a "run" and be gone for a week or longer. When she got back, there'd always be another big fight with Danny. These usually ended up with her simply telling him that it was none of his business where she'd been. Her only explanation was that she'd had to get away because, otherwise, she'd have gone crazy and done something Danny would have really hated.

We drove over to where I kept my two big trucks and Danny and I drove down the hill. We got to Santa Ana about an hour before the auction started, so I treated Danny and myself to an early lunch at this Mexican food place we both liked.

I ended up buying up a lot of computer stuff, and quite a bit of office furniture. Some of it was real nice stuff, including seven nice top end laptops that I got a very good deal on. I usually hold off on bidding on the early merchandise, letting other people blow off their money on stuff that is being contested by several bidders. I prefer to be the only bidder whenever possible, and that occurs much more frequently towards the last part of these auctions.

We were loading up the truck after the auction was over, and I was asking Danny questions about Bridget. All Danny knew was that Kaitlyn had brought her home that morning, and had told Danny that Bridget was going to help out with the kids, in return for living with them for a week or so.

When we got back and had unloaded everything in my storage building, I drove Danny back home. When we got there, Bridget was sitting in that same chair, smoking another cigarette. It looked like she was in the same clothes she'd been wearing when I'd seen her that morning too. I wondered if she hadn't been sitting right there for the past eight or nine hours that we'd been gone.

"Jimmy, can you give me a ride over to Stater Brothers and back? I need to buy some things, and it's too hot for me to walk." Bridget had gotten up from her chair as she started talking, and was reaching for the door handle on my Lincoln while she asked. I guess she just assumed I'd do her the favor.

"Sure, hop in. So, you never did tell me why you came back, or how long you're planning to stay here?"

"No job, and I ran out of money after I broke up with this guy I was going with. I've got a lot of my resume's out, and as soon as I get any kind of a job offer, I'm out of here."

"What kind of job are you going after?"

"I'm not really sure. Something in a big corporation though. Entry level for a college graduate. I'm thinking some kind of management internship or something."

"What is your degree in?"

"English, with a minor in early American poetry. I didn't really think about taking some courses that might make me better prepared to go out and actually earn a living. I thought I'd want to be a teacher, but I decided that I really didn't. I should have switched majors, but I enjoyed being an English major. I regret it now though. At school they told us that having a degree, no matter what it was in, would qualify you for most of the corporate entry level jobs."

"There are a lot of company's down sizing right now. A lot of them going out of business too. We're in a pretty big recession right now, so it might not be easy to get your foot in the door. You might end up staying here for a long time if you're planning on getting a job just from sending out your resume."

"That would really suck. I've been back for just three days, and I can already remember exactly why I wanted to get away from everything here. I don't think I can last here for long. It was worse at my mom's, but being in that trailer with those three kids is no picnic either. I don't know how Katie stands it."

I didn't think it was my place to tell her the kinds of things Kaitlyn did to make her life bearable. She'd find out soon enough, once I sent Danny back out on the road to deliver some merchandise. Kaitlyn, with her sister available to sit with her kids, would be out having some fun within minutes of Danny being gone.

Bridget must have known something like that would happen too, based on what she asked me next.

"What would you think of me staying over at your house, Jimmy? Katie said you live alone in a pretty big house right off Hesperia Lake. I could stay out there with you, and maybe do some cooking and a little light cleaning for my room and board."

"I enjoy living alone, Bridge. I live a simple life, no complications, and I like it just that way."

"She said you'd say that if I asked you. She told me I'd have to offer you a lot more, if I was to have a realistic chance that you would go for it."

"Well, she was wrong. I can't think of anything that would make me invite you to come stay at my place. I thought you were going to help Danny and Kaitlyn with the kids. Wasn't that the deal you set up with her?"

"She wanted that, not me. I just wanted to get out of my mom's apartment. That creep she's living with keeps undressing me with his eyes. I'm afraid of what he might try to do someday when my mom is at work. I didn't want to be alone in the apartment with him."

"Sounds to me like you'd be happier over with your sister then. She could probably use the company too. When Danny is on the road, Kaitlyn gets herself too worked up about little things. She panics, and, sometimes, she ends up getting herself in a jam with Danny."

"She's a whore, Jimmy. You don't have to tell me about Katie. I've watched her operate for years. When your brother leaves town, she'll be out catting around first chance she gets. That's a good reason for you to let me stay with you at your house. If I'm not around, Katie will have to stay in the trailer with the kids more."

"That just means she'll have visitors at the trailer. Personally, I think it would be better for those kids if they weren't exposed to their mother being such a slut."

"When a guy does it, it's okay, but let a women have a little bit of fun, and she's a slut. I thought you might be different for some reason, Jimmy."

"There is a big difference between going out and having some normal fun, and bringing guys home while your kids are right there and doing things with them that kids don't need to be seeing. I don't condone guys who fool around on their wives either. If people want to go out and fuck around with other people, they should either not get married, or else get a damn divorce. Kaitlyn is a slut, and she has been ever since I first met her."

"Is Danny any better?"

"Not really. I think Danny does it to try to catch up with Kaitlyn, but he's no angel either. None of this is any of my concern. They both know what the other one is like and they still stay together."

"Katie told me you could be nice to a woman."

"That isn't a recommendation I'm that proud to be hearing. I guess it goes to prove that she has no limits on what she'll do, and what it says about me, well I really don't want to think about that."

I had pulled off of Main Street at the Stater Brothers shopping center and had parked while we were continuing with our conversation. Bridget didn't reply to what I'd just said, getting out of my car instead, and walking away towards the store. I waited in the car, the engine on, with the air conditioner running at full strength. It was after eight in the evening, and it was still more than a hundred degrees outside.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.