Stargate Atlantis: Felix - Cover

Stargate Atlantis: Felix

Copyright© 2009 by Carrot74

Chapter 25

They arrived at briefing room 1 a minute later to find all of Sheppard's team sitting down, Dr. Weir standing with her arms folded, and Rodney McKay sitting with his laptop as usual.

Felix stood and waited until Dr. Weir said, "Okay, now that we are all here, let's discuss today's mission."

Sheppard asked immediately, "I wasn't aware that there was a mission today, Elizabeth. What's up — another rescue?" He looked at Felix who shrugged his shoulders and opened his hands as if to say 'got me'.

They all looked at Dr. Weir who said, "Well, this mission is partly due to Felix here. We checked through his notes about the various planets he had been to and found one that we had been to as well. And it was this morning that they sent a message through the Stargate asking for assistance with their food supply. I looked through Felix's notes — which by the way Sergeant — very detailed notes. It seems he had helped these people when he was there and had set what seem to be good relations in place. We had already been there just after him as it seems, so I thought why not break the good Sergeant in with a mission like this? Fairly peaceful area near the Stargate, the people he contacted were interested in trade — why not try to help our neighbours? Colonel — what do you say?"

Sheppard was looking at Felix and shrugged at him; "I don't know what planet — if Felix has his notes and he knows the place, then can he give a quick brief?"

Weir had already thought of that and had brought Felix's FMP with all his notes. She slid it over to him and he saw the sticky on the inside with the gate address that read M-35407 on the corresponding page. He quickly scanned his notes and was remembering what all had occurred on that planet, and then after a minute said, "Okay, that's doable."

Weir asked, "Could you give a quick briefing, Sergeant? Just a quick overview is good."

Felix stood up and replied, "Okay, ma'am — can do." He spoke about the people for a minute, how peaceful they were, that they were basically farmers but also had almost all other trades as well, they had been attacked in the past by pirates or raiders from a distant town wanting their food, and that the people had potential stuff to trade for. The last piece he saved for last — they had a ZPM that he thought might still work.

All the people around the table sat upright at that casual comment and began asking all sorts of questions to Felix. He waited until Dr. Weir got them to quiet down and of course Rodney asked sarcastically, "Do you even know what a ZPM looks like?"

Felix didn't answer immediately, went to the dry erase board and quickly drew a ZPM and asked, "Is this a ZPM, Dr. McKay?"

Rodney rolled his eyes and answered as if talking to an idiot, "Well of course that's a ZPM — what else could it be?"

Felix played right along, deliberately playing stupid and replied, "A tree?"

Sheppard interrupted before Rodney could rebut with more sarcasm and asked, "You're sure about this, Felix?"

Felix put the dry erase marker down and as he went to his seat he replied, "I wouldn't have said so otherwise. I remember seeing what a ZPM looked like from when you sat me in the chair, and that planet has a ZPM waiting to be scooped up."

Sheppard leaned forward and asked, "What do mean - just waiting to be scooped up?"

Felix replied, "I saw that ZPM sitting on a shelf at the trading post, and it didn't look like anybody was going to be interested in it anytime soon. So I figure if it is still there, why not trade something for it without letting on what the item is, and presto — one ZPM for Atlantis. That's what I mean by waiting to be scooped up."

Sheppard looked at Weir and he said, "The trip to see if the ZPM is still there would be worth the visit, and see what help they might need from us. I don't see much of a problem going on this mission — if you want to call it that."

Weir looked around the table and asked, "Any questions from anyone?" There was silence from the table so she said, "Okay, you have a go. Check in at 2 hours initially and then we'll decide how often from there."

Sheppard stood up followed by the rest of the people and said to the team, "Gear up and meet at Jumper 1 in 15 minutes. Felix — a moment?"

Felix looked at Sheppard and automatically replied, "You rang?"

Sheppard said, "For today's mission - dress normal like us — you know — the clothing you have in your dresser? Plus I'd like you to draw a P90 for the mission so you don't look so ... intimidating with your big boom stick. It's just a normal mission."

Felix looked Sheppard right in the eyes and replied, "Okay — but I'd prefer the shotgun I spotted in the corner of the armoury yesterday. Can I take that instead of a popgun?"

Sheppard replied, "I guess so."

Felix smiled and said; "See you at the Jumper then."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.