Stargate Atlantis: Felix - Cover

Stargate Atlantis: Felix

Copyright© 2009 by Carrot74

Chapter 49

As the farewells were finished, Teyla asked the two security guys if they were ready to head back — she got the affirmative, and with Teyla in the lead they went to the Star Gate.

Once there she dialled the coordinates for Atlantis — once the gate activated she looked at Felix with a small smile and said, "It will be better this time, Felix."

He replied under his breath, "Bloody well wants to be."

In Atlantis Chuck the gate technician had just finished telling Dr. Weir that it was Teyla's IDC — and he was told, "Lower the shield."

He pressed the button to lower the shield — it lowered and a moment later Teyla walked through followed by the two security men and then finally Felix.

The gate shut down once they were in Atlantis and Felix stopped to look around the Gate Room — nothing bad awaited him this time. Teyla nodded to the security guys — they went on their way, and she looked back at Felix and said, "Come on — it's safe. We just need to check with Dr. Weir about your quarters, and we'll see what else has to be done tonight. Maybe dinner will still be available — I believe one of the meals is chilli, which Colonel Sheppard said you liked."

Just as they were about to move away from the Gate, one of the security detail motioned for Felix and Teyla to stop where they were, and asked firmly but politely, "Ma'am, sir — would you mind unloading your weapons here?"

Teyla replied immediately, "Yes of course," and nodded for Felix to do the same. He removed the magazine from the bottom of Sasha, cocked the action back only far enough so he could catch the round as the ejector removed it. Next he placed Sasha down with the magazine next to it, and then reached into his open ghillie suit and removed Pain and Panic, and unloaded those as well.

Felix was amused by the looks on the faces of the security people, and caught out of the corner of his peripheral vision that Dr. Weir and Colonel Sheppard were watching from the railing. Then he decided to mess with the heads of the security team and removed one of the percussion grenades he had and asked one of the security people as he tossed it right at them, "Could you hold that for a second, please?"

Both of the security team bobbled the grenade but managed to hang onto it as they both let out deep breaths of fear.

Teyla shook her head when she noticed the small smile on Felix and she said, "Felix! That was not nice."

He looked at her and his smile grew a bit as he answered, "I know, but it's still funny." He got up and held out his hand for the grenade and said, "Sorry about that — just seeing if you folks are on your toes."

He replaced the grenade back inside his ghillie suit and looked at the security team and asked, "Can we go now, or would you like me to strip?"

The biggest of the team got into Felix's face and asked in a low not so nice voice, "Who are you?"

The reply was a very casual, "Sergeant Felix Grey, 22nd LRRP."

The security member suddenly remembered who this was and said, "Oh, sorry Sergeant."

Felix shook his head and replied, "Don't be — you are doing your job. I'd rather be put on the spot than this place going bye-bye like 911."

With that Felix picked up Pain and Panic and replaced back into their holsters and placed the magazines into hidden pouches next to them. Then he picked up Sasha and the magazine, looked at Teyla and said, "Okay — now what?"

From up on the balcony Dr. Weir replied, "Teyla, Felix — a moment of your time?"

Felix looked at Teyla and asked softly, "Could you please stay nearby? Last time didn't turn out so well if you'll remember."

Teyla nodded and answered softly, "Agreed."

They walked upstairs slowly — Felix feeling rather trepidatious about what may happen if the two leaders didn't like something about him yet again. He made a point of holding his gun with the hand off the trigger so he didn't appear threatening to the leaders.

As they stopped in front of Weir and Sheppard it was Dr. Weir who spoke first and said, "Welcome back Felix," and Sheppard kept it at, "Felix."

Felix replied noncommittally, "Ma'am, sir."

Weir took a deep breath as she looked down and then she looked directly at Felix and said, "Well, I may as well be the first to say it — Felix — I'm sorry for what happened in the past that we drove you away. At the time we were acting an a tip that showed up here just after you did, and it led us to certain actions that were in hindsight ... regretful on our part."

By now Felix had an eyebrow raised and was looking at the three others and Teyla said, "I told you there were a few changes that happened while you gone, Felix."

Sheppard added, "Dr. Weir and I received an anonymous email just after you were picked up by us, and well..." He then looked at Elizabeth and asked, "Why don't we just show it to him?"

She nodded towards her office — Felix hung back as he was still feeling somewhat leery about things here. He stood outside her office while looking around him to check for any traps or tricks that they may try to pull — nothing seen or felt.

Dr. Weir smiled when she noticed Felix staying outside her office and looking hesitant so she said, "I'll show you on the laptop then," and brought her computer to show him the message.

As he read the short but brutal email about him, an eyebrow raised and his jaw clenched a bit as he worked to keep his anger under control. When he was finished reading it a few times he shook his head and wondered when this nightmare roller coaster was ever going to stop its journey.

Sheppard spoke up; "Now you can see why we suddenly acted the way we did — we needed to make sure about you. Your biggest advocate here has been Teyla — she refused to believe that you were the person described in the email. You have another one back on Earth — General O'Neill, who packs quite a potent dose of reality. So ... yeah, we're sorry."

Felix replied, "So I guess I should also apologize to the two of you — I gather General O'Neill wasn't ... too happy with me going AWOL. So I'm sorry too." He paused and asked the one burning question that he really wanted to know the answer to: "So how did someone find out whatever truths about me?"

Sheppard looked at Elizabeth, who took a deep breath again and started, "It wasn't until after we reviewed your psychological testing in depth along with General O'Neill and Colonel Carter talking to your old team-mates and your old CO that something didn't add up. Everybody had nothing positive things to say about you — even people who had grudges against you from the past all said the same thing — there was no way you would do what you were accused of. After that it was matter of eliminating certain things here and trying to find out where the email came from."

Felix looked at Teyla and said, "You were right again, Teyla — there is definitely a rotten fish here somewhere." He looked back to Sheppard and Dr. Weir and asked, "I am curious — where did the email originate from?"

Sheppard replied, "Here in Atlantis — Rodney has been working on figuring who and whatever else but no luck yet. Which reminds me — how did you manage to get the Star Gate addresses all mixed up like a telephone exchange? Rodney couldn't figure that one out — drove him nuts."

Felix gave that little smile of his and touched the side of his nose as he replied, "Trade secrets, sir. Which reminds me — who sent the two security guys after me?"

Sheppard gave a sick sort of smile as he said, "Uh, that would be me — I sent them to just keep an eye on things. We didn't know how you would react so I wanted to make sure things didn't get out of hand. How did they do, anyways?"

By now the four of them had slowly walked towards the gate technicians at the various consoles, who were listening while trying not to listen about the return of the Grey Man.

Felix gave a small grimace and said, "They definitely need more work — I had no problem - I caught them trying to find me." He shook his head and added, "Nope, more work needed there."

It was then that Chuck the technician came over to Dr. Weir and handed her a twenty-dollar bill; she replied, "Thank you," with a knowing smile again.

Felix tilted his head slightly and asked, "I didn't know you were a bettor, Dr. Weir — what was the bet?" He had an idea but he just wanted to hear them say what it was about.

She gave a smug look and looked down a bit and then looked back at Felix and replied, "You were, actually — I bet Chuck $20.00 that you would get the two security people and he said they would get you. Thank you for winning me a twenty."

Felix looked over at Chuck and asked, "I'm curious — what prompted you to take that bet?"

Chuck looked at Dr. Weir who was starting to chuckle a bit and he replied, "They said they were really good at finding and tracking people. I believe they said they were Recon Marines or something like that."

Felix kept a deadpan face and didn't blow his horn but kept his satisfaction inside as he replied with another question: "So what now? Where do we stand with regards to me? Do I get charged for AWOL or get ripped a new hole by the General?"

Sheppard answered, "Well, I would expect that you will get ripped, as you put it — he was a bit ... put out ... would be a kind description. I would imagine it would be up to him as to your disposition — we'll try and get a call through tonight. Oh by the way — that ZPM you told us about? We picked it up like you said — works like a charm. So thanks for that."

Dr. Weir added, "Yes definitely a boost for us. Why don't we talk more over some food? Do you remember where your room is, Felix?"

He shook his head as he answered, "Nope, don't have a clue, ma'am — I'm better out in the bush than here — at least for now. But food does sound good right now — Teyla didn't want to feed me at all."

Teyla turned and gave him a dark look until she saw he was giving her a knowing smirk as he added, "Relax — I'm just pulling your leg. Your people looked after me very well."

Teyla smacked him on the shoulder as she said, "Perhaps I can get even later by you and I sparring."

Felix rolled his eyes as he looked at Sheppard and said sarcastically, "Great — welcome back Felix — lets beat the tar out of you again."

Sheppard said, "How about I show you where your room still is — nothing was really moved at all. You can dress in something resembling clothes for dinner — come on, let's go."

Felix adjusted the weight of his Bergen and Sasha, and then followed Sheppard to his quarters, his steps barely making any noise on the tiled floor.

Teyla was still standing with Dr. Weir and they looked at each other; Elizabeth was the first to break the comfortable silence by saying, "I'm surprised to say it, but I think it will be good to have Felix back — especially if he can help out the teams off-world."

Teyla responded in her usual honest words; "I feel that he will do fine, Elizabeth — he seemed more relaxed than when we first picked him up months ago. And I would say that the way he had the security team tied up — I don't think he has lost his touch."

Elizabeth raised an eyebrow and said, "Oh?"

Teyla explained how she saw the hog-tied security team and what Felix told her and the elders later in the tent when they were negotiating his return to Atlantis.

Dr. Weir shook her head said, "Why don't we head for dinner — Felix should almost be ready by now." They headed towards the armoury where Teyla could secure her P-90 and vest.

Sheppard and Felix had arrived at Felix's quarters — this time Felix memorized where exactly his quarters were and what area to press for the elevator as he thought of it.

Felix secured Sasha with his Bergen in the closet for now — Sheppard didn't say anything about that — then Felix stripped off his ghillie suit to reveal a khaki coloured t-shirt, khaki cargo shorts, and desert socks with older style desert boots.

When Sheppard saw the boots he then understood why Felix was able to walk quietly in the halls — the soles weren't the original ones — they had been replaced with a rubber type so he could walk quietly without sacrificing grip or stability.

Felix saw that someone had already laid out towels and facecloths for him, so he filled the sink partly with water, and then proceeded to wash his face, hands, armpits, and neck. The sink was green and filthy when he was done, so it took another few minutes to clean it out.

Sheppard had just stood and watched as Felix rapidly completed his wash cycle and didn't say anything, as they had already planned on talking about certain things during the meal anyways.

Felix did find a deodorant stick and put some under the arms, as he figured he would probably gross people out at dinner so why push his luck.

He turned around to face Sheppard and said, "Okay boss — let's eat."

Sheppard raised an eyebrow and asked incredulously, "You're not going dressed like that — are you?"

Felix looked himself over and looked back up at Sheppard and replied, "What? Is there something wrong with how I'm dressed?"

Sheppard rolled his eyes skywards and sighed, "Never mind — let's go."

Felix still didn't get it, so he asked again, "What?"

Sheppard stopped at the doorway and said, "You look like a hiker that has been out for way too long — especially with that huge beard of yours again. You look like Grizzly Adams or Jeremiah Johnston dressed like that."

Felix shrugged and replied, "I'm hot here — I find the inside temperature way too warm for my liking, so that's why I'm staying like this. Besides — who am I going to impress here?"

That caught Sheppard and he paused a long moment and then replied, "Good point — let's go — I'm starved."

They walked rapidly towards the dining area, Sheppard had Felix press the elevator button — and he was right on the second try.

As they walked from the elevator transporter stopped and made a point of looking at the surroundings so he would know where he was.

They got the dining area, got in line, grabbed their trays and Felix made a point of not being aware that a number of people were staring at him blatantly.

Sheppard on the other hand did comment, "See — I told you about the way you're dressed."

Felix just shrugged and replied, "If they want to stare — take a picture — it lasts longer. Besides — take a look and see how many people are dressed in sweat gear or shorts. How am I much different?"

Sheppard gave a furtive, "It's the beard — other than Ronon you don't see anyone with a beard around here."

Felix got his chilli in a big bowl, grabbed a couple of buns with it, a couple of milk as well, and followed Sheppard to where Dr. Weir was already sitting and obviously waiting.

When she noticed how Felix was dressed, she lowered her head and shook it as she started chuckling.

As they sat down Felix was also chuckling and asking, "What? Maybe it's the beard — that's what the boss man thinks."

Dr. Weir raised her head and said, "Ah Felix, you are a breath of fresh air at times."

Just then Teyla and Ronon sat down at the table — greetings were done back and forth by all.

Felix suddenly remembered something he wanted from the kitchen, so he stood up and said, "Excuse me for a minute, please — there is something I would like from the kitchen with the chilli."

They watched as he went and talked to the line chief, who then nodded and got Felix a small bottle of something. Felix came back with a smile on his face and sat back down and sprinkled contents of the bottle onto the bowl of chilli.

It was Sheppard who finally nosed over to sniff whatever Felix had put on his chilli just as the first spoonful was going down the gullet. "Whatcha got there?"

"Crushed chilli peppers — adds a bit of a zip to the chilli."

Ronon asked, "Mind if I try some?"

Felix just handed the bottle over to the big Satedan, who then sprinkled a bit on his food and took a bite. It took a few seconds but the reaction was worth it for Felix.

"HOT!" He dropped his spoon into the bowl and asked, "How can you eat that spicy stuff?"

Felix shovelled another spoonful in and once it gone he replied, "It's an acquired taste. I think that somewhere in my family tree there must have been an East Indian — I enjoy most spicy foods. Besides which — good for flushing the pipes and keeps you regular."

Teyla was smiling, as was Dr. Weir until they noticed Rodney McKay coming towards them.

Felix had his back to McKay but he caught the smiles disappear and raised an eyebrow; then he noticed Rodney standing staring at him.

Felix nodded a greeting and said, "Dr. McKay — pull up a stump and grab some plastic."

Rodney sat down slowly as he said, "Where did he come from? Better yet — what's he doing here? I thought he was gone away forever."

Felix let the slurs go by and replied cheerfully, "Sorry about that — I'm like a bad case of the clap — it just keeps coming back, especially when you don't want it to."

A few eyes were rolled again and heads were shaking in amusement again.

Felix finally another question that he was wanting to know about; "I notice you folks are a lot more relaxed since last time we were all together — what happened?"

The Atlantis people looked at each other and shrugged almost collectively and Dr. Weir replied, "I don't know — other than Rodney blowing up a galaxy and Colonel Sheppard almost turned into a Wraith, I really don't know what to say."

Upon hearing a galaxy being blown up Felix almost snorted his chilli through his nose as he tried not to choke while laughing.

After he recovered from laughing while choking he said, "Then my life has been positively boring compared to you folks."

Rodney finally a burning question of Felix: "How did you manage to stay hidden from us for so long? I was almost pulling my hair out trying to figure out where you went via the DHD gate addresses. What did you do?"

Dr. Weir also added her voice and said, "I'm curious too, Felix how you were able to avoid us for so long. Colonel Sheppard was frustrated because we couldn't find you with Ancient technology, and I seem to remember Ronon being a bit frustrated, as he could find no trace of you. And few traces he did find led nowhere. So what's the secret?"

Felix looked around at the people and replied, "I guess I'll answer Dr. McKay's question first, seeing as he asked first." He swallowed his mouthful and then continued, "The DHD is easy to fool I found out — the first few planets I gated to I threw rocks through the event horizon I believe it is called at random dialling gate addresses. That was the easy part — you just dial coordinates, throw rocks through and it recognizes it as a gate travel."

He shovelled another mouthful of chilli and bread and ate that while they digested the information he had related to them.

Sheppard asked, "So where were you? I'm guessing a planet we didn't know about, otherwise we would have found you by now."

Felix gave Sheppard a small smile and replied, "No offence to any of you here, but I doubt very much you would have found me at all. Yeah, I was on a planet that I didn't put in my notes — we were taught to always leave a backdoor open, just in case you have to di-di-mau quick out of there. We could use it as a back-up place to go in case of an emergency if you want — it's more developed than Earth in most aspects but in others they are just as stupid as us."

That got a few raised eyebrows at the dinner table and an, "Oh?' from Dr. Weir.

Felix looked at her as he finished the last mouthful of chilli and replied, "Stupid like mafia style idiots trying to muscle local people for protection money. I helped get rid of a couple of those types as they were hurting the employer and his family where I was working."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.