Bear and Sunny - Second Chances - Cover

Bear and Sunny - Second Chances

Copyright© 2009 by Bearnsunny

Chapter 3

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 3 - Micah Campbell meets an old friend at his wife's funeral. What happens next proves second chances do happen

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Time Travel   DoOver   First   Pregnancy   Exhibitionism   Slow   Violence  

With my AP credits from High School and the courses I tested out of I was considered a sophomore on my first day of class. I had declared as a Political Science major with a minor in Middle Eastern history and Arabic languages. I was maxed out on hours for the semester and had found a dojo that taught a style I wanted to learn called Eskrima. Eskrima is a knife and stick form that can be used both lethally and sub-lethally.

Two weeks into the semester I meet Susan Davidson and got 30 stitches in my chest. I was leaving the Rec Center on a Friday night when I heard loud voices and a slap. Turning the corner I spotted a man standing over a young woman screaming at her. I could see the mark of his hand on her face; I barreled into him at full speed putting myself between him and the girl. I turned to check on her then heard her scream and point behind me. The guy had come off the ground with a knife and was charging me. I dodged too slowly to avoid him entirely and felt the knife slice across my ribs. His lunge had him off balance so I grabbed his arm and drove my body through his elbow with as much force as I could muster. I heard his arm POP as the joint dislocated, He screamed and dropped to the ground. I added a kick to the head to make sure he stayed down. Campus police showed up a moment later and were about to arrest me when the young woman intervened. It turned out the guy on the ground was an ex-boyfriend she had a restraining order against. Police searched his car and found some scary shit: duct tape, rope and a shovel.

Susan insisted on going with me to the Emergency Room at the hospital. Police followed to get our statements, he ended up being charged with four felonies and several misdemeanors including two counts of attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon. The hospital wanted to keep me over night but I knew I would never rest in there. They insisted I need someone to keep an eye on me for a couple of days, I was surprised when Susan, I had learned her name while the police were interviewing her, offered to take me to her apartment and watch over me. " You don't have to do this, you hardly know me." "Micah, you risked your life to save me. It is the least I can do." "Young man, someone has to keep an eye on you, you can stay here or we can call your parents." I didn't want Mom and Dad, especially Mom, to have an hour plus drive worrying about me so I agreed to go with Susan. The police took her back to get her car and I was ready to be released by the time she had returned to the hospital.

I gave her the key to my dorm room and ask her to grab a couple of pair of pants, some shorts and a button front shirt or two (no pull over's till the stitches came out). When we got to her apartment I tried to insist on taking the couch but she was not budging. She insisted I take the bed, helping me to the bathroom where I could shower off the blood and other fluids. She insisted on helping me towel off after I slipped on a pair of shorts. I took a pain pill and asked to use her phone to make a collect call to home. She pooh-poohed the idea of a collect call and told me to dial directly, fortunately Dad answered, I brought him up to date on what had happened. He wanted to drive down right then. I convinced him to wait; Susan jumped in and offered to bring me home the next morning saying she wanted to meet the people who raised me. Dad agreed to that plan as I yawned very painfully. Susan helped me get settled on the bed and went to shower. She came back into the room in a long Tee and lay down beside me.

I learned she was a junior working on a Bio-chem major planning to pursue med school. Originally from Alexandria both her parents were career State Department employees, she was an only child. I actually took a moment to look at her, she was quite attractive, and close to 6' tall long blonde hair she was lean built but definitely a girl. She was almost three years older than me and amazed at my rapid progress through school. She must have thanked me 20 times for intervening at the Rec Center. I told her it was really not a big deal. I don't like men who hit women and getting cut was my own fault, I should have kept my eyes on him rather than turn my back. She declared I was a hero whether I was willing to admit it or not. I dropped off to sleep shortly there after. I woke up at about 2AM spooning her, I realized my good arm was under her tee resting on her stomach. I tried to extract myself without waking her but failed. She ask if I was OK, I told her I was a little sore and was going to get a pain pill and some water. She insisted on fetching them for me, after taking them I lay back down and tried to find a comfortable position. I was not wearing a shirt and Susan saw the stitches were bleeding a bit, she insisted on getting some gauze and alcohol and cleaning them. When I hissed at the sting she blew gently and the kissed my "boo-boo". She asked me what position was most comfortable. "Laying on my left side I think, but I need a pillow or something to put my right arm over." "How about this?" she asked scooting her butt back against me and pulling my right arm over her. "Uuumm, that is comfortable, but I'm not sure it's a good idea." "Why not?" "My hand might wander in my sleep." I said sheepishly. A million watt smile lit her face. " After what you did for me I promise I won't be offended no matter where your hand goes." " Have other girls complained?" " Well no, not exactly? I've only spent a few nights sharing a bed and she didn't complain." " Oh, You have a girlfriend back home?" "No, it's kind of hard to explain." "In that case be quiet and try to sleep." she chuckled.

When I woke up about 8 the next morning Susan was already up and showered. I opened my eyes to her pulling a dress over her head. I got a nice peek at her bare breasts; She caught my eye and smiled. "I guess wandering eyes are OK as well." I blushed and apologized. She asked if I wanted something to eat before we left. I declined saying Mom was probably anxious to check me over. By 8:30 we were on the road. We chatted on the drive about everything under the sun. She asked about my "not exactly" girlfriend. I gave a very brief explanation about Katie. "OH, an FWB huh?"

"Yes, that was what we called it."

We pulled into our drive a little after 10AM; Mom must have been looking out the front window because I had barely gotten out of the car when she came running out the door.

I almost screamed when she hugged me, "STITCHES"

"OH Bear, I'm sorry."

"It's OK mom."

Susan introduced herself and we made our way inside. Dad and Queenie were waiting for us; I introduced Susan and answered a million questions about what happened. About the time I got done the Everts came in and I answered the same million questions again. Everyone but Sunny expressed how glad they were that I was there and was not hurt worse. Sunny had a somewhat hostile look on her face. Everyone wanted to see the "boo-boo" Molly told me she would kiss it better. Sunny looked pissed when Susan said she had tried that already. Mom and Dad ordered Pizza for everyone and we had an early lunch. I spent most of the afternoon in Dad's recliner listening to my family tell Susan "Bear Stories" By dinner Susan was calling me Bear as well.

About 5PM I walked over to the Evert's house and asked to talk to Sunny.

"You weren't very nice to Susan." I told her.

"She almost got you killed Bear!!"

"NO, I almost got me killed." I should never have turned my back on the guy." " I would appreciate it if you would be nice to her."

"Are you in love with her?"

"Love? Hardly. I didn't know her 24 hours ago."

"OK, I'll be nice."

When I got home Katie and her Mom were there. I covered the million questions for a third time. Susan knew my history with Katie and I saw her smirk as Katie checked out the stitches. Mom fixed lasagna for supper and invited the Conways to join us. Katie accepted but Beth had a prior engagement. I saw Susan and Mom whispering after dinner and when Katie left Susan walked out to her car. Around 9PM I started to nod off, Mom and Susan insisted on helping me to my room. I was surprised when Susan came to my room a few minutes later dressed for bed.

"I uuh assumed you were in the spare room tonight."

"Nope, I talked to your mom and told her I would sleep better if I was in here to keep an eye on you and that I was still a little nervous after what happened."

"So that was what you two were whispering about."

"And what did you and Katie discuss?"

"She was telling me what a great guy you are and how I better take care of you." "She also mentioned the FWB thing and praised your skills if I was in the market for a lover."

"SHE WHAT?" Susan laughed, "You think girls don't talk about these things?" "By the way does Katie know you slept with her mother?"

"... , What makes you think I slept with Beth?"

"I saw the way she was looking at you. Are you going to deny it?"

"She knows." I replied. I settled on my left side and started to grab a spare pillow. Susan moved it, spooned back into me and placed my hand on her breast.

"Now you don't have to worry about wandering hands." I fell asleep quickly. I woke about 3AM needing a pain pill, my hand had migrated under her tee and was cupping her breast; I could feel her erect nipple under my palm. I rolled over to get a pill and the water on my nightstand. Susan woke and asked if I was OK.

"I'm fine, just getting a pill.

"Why doesn't Sunny like me Bear?"

"She doesn't dislike you, she just was upset that I got hurt."

"I think she is in love with you."

"She is 13, I doubt she knows what love is." I settled back into position.

"She did ask if I was in love with you." Susan laughed. " And what did you tell her?"

"I said 24 hours was a little quick to fall in love." Susan moved my hand back to her breast this time under her shirt.

"Susan, you know you don't need to do this, right?" "I know. But it does make me feel safer and I trust you. Besides my virtue is pretty safe considering your condition."

"Your virtue would be safe no matter what my condition Susan." Susan was quiet for a moment.

"What if I didn't want my virtue to be safe?"

"Well, I AM a 17 year old boy. But even then I would worry about your motivation I think."

Susan rolled over and looked me in the eye. "You may be 17 but you are definitely not a boy." She gently kissed me. "Have I apologized for dragging you into this."

"Not necessary." She snuggled in close as I draped my arm over her side.

I woke up around 8AM the next morning; I looked at Susan for several minutes before extracting myself and heading to the bathroom. I was wondering what I should do, if anything, about this situation. "Mike, should I worry?" Silence. I showered dried off and pulled on shorts and a button front shirt. I made my way down to the kitchen where Mom was having a cup of coffee.

"How are you feeling this morning Dear?"

"I'm OK Mom."

"Can I fix you something to eat Bear?"

"Some toast and a glass of milk would be nice."

Susan came in about 15 minutes later poured herself a glass of juice and helped herself to some of my toast. Dad and Queenie came in a few minutes later. Susan And I decided we would head back around 10AM.

When we got back to Blacksburg I had Susan drop me at the Rec so I could pick up my car. I headed back to the dorm to get some studying done. There were a dozen messages waiting for me from various news outlets. I called Susan to see if she had been similarly bombarded, she had 20+ calls. We agreed to get together and call one of the TV stations.

After catching up our homework we called the local station and student newspaper and arranged to meet them at the Student union building at 4PM. The interview took about 30 minutes; I minimized my "heroics" as just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

The next day I was a minor celebrity on campus and my ROTC instructor and the sensei at the dojo chewed my butt for my poor situational awareness. I was still very sore and at my follow up appointment with the doctor I ask for some taping education and stretching exercises. The police contacted me to let me know that John Toombs, Susan's ex, had made bail I ask about carrying a collapsible baton for protection incase he decided he wanted to come looking for me. They told me I would be within my rights to do so. They also told me he was forbidden to be on campus or come within 300 feet of Susan or I as a condition of his bail.

Susan called me on Wednesday and said her parents were in town and wanted to take me to dinner that night. I agreed to meet them at her apartment at 6PM; they had been out of the country until that morning and were pretty shook up by what had transpired. When I got to her apartment her folks treated me like a long lost relative. They insisted I call them Joe and Mindy, we went to one of the nicer local places. As we sat and ate the thanked me repeatedly, invited me to their home and offered to pay for my expenses related to my injury. I assured them that was not necessary, that their friendship was all I could hope for or desired. When we parted company that evening they made sure I had all their contact numbers and assured me that I would be listed as a priority contact in both their offices.

John Toombs was a very poor listener; he accosted me outside the ROTC building on Thursday. The Gunnery Sergeant who worked with the program heard him screaming that he was going to kill me and arrived just as I snapped my baton open. Toombs was quickly restrained and held for the police. When the officers hauled him off they were smiling. "His ass will sit in jail until the trial now" the arresting officer informed me. I called Susan and let her know what had happened. "We don't have to worry about him anymore." Susan asked if we could have dinner that evening. "Sure, what idiot would refuse an invitation from a beautiful woman like you"? She told me she would pick me up at the dorm at 6:30. When she picked me up she was wearing a cute skirt and sweater set,

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.