Bear and Sunny - Second Chances
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2009 by Bearnsunny

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 1 - Micah Campbell meets an old friend at his wife's funeral. What happens next proves second chances do happen

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Time Travel   DoOver   First   Pregnancy   Exhibitionism   Slow   Violence  

The alarm stirred me from sleep, 4:00 AM!! Why on earth had I set the alarm for 4:00 AM? Then I realized I was looking at something I hadn't seen in almost 50 years, The BigBen alarm clock that sat on my nightstand when I lived at home. Scrubbing my eyes with the heels of my hands I looked around, I appeared to be in that room from so long ago, But how, why.

A voice sounding strangely like a bell said "Go wash your Face, All will be explained."

Ok, weird dream but I'll play along for now, the cold water felt good as I splashed my face.

The voice returned " Alright, ready for that explanation?"

Well I had settled on dream but go right ahead.

"If this is a dream why did the water feel cold??"

Uuuuhhh, OK not a dream, Stroke in my sleep?

"No, This is exactly what your senses are telling you it is. Now be quiet and listen questions will be answered at the end. Remember what you wished before falling asleep? This is your answer. It is 4:03AM on Tuesday April 19th, 1978 you are 16 and a half and there are a few changes you will notice shortly. First some fresh memories"

I felt a flash of Pain in my skull, okay now I understand the 4:00AM thing, A Paper Route? I must be the oldest kid in history with a paper route. Hmmm, got some different neighbors.

"Second, A physical change or two to match the memories. Finally, there is this. Oh yes, as is customary in these things you have two wishes left."

Two wishes? Oohh, got it, waking up here was wish one of three. Questions? I guess everything I thought I knew about God and morality was wrong huh?

"No, not exactly, just very simplified you might say."

Okay, so in this life I get the girl?

"Yes, you get the girl. Happily ever after is most definitely NOT promised."

I see, can that be one of the wishes?

"No, that would be a bit too ... broad for one wish or even two. Wishes must be finite and specific."

I stopped and thought for a minute. Okay, let me run a possible wish by you, it is within the parameters you laid out, finite and specific. What happens if I wish that Mary and I were able to join Raquel in giving Piggyback rides to her Grandchildren. I heard a silvery laugh from this entity I had dubbed "The Voice".

"You have an inventive and slightly devious mind, I like that in a human. Even though that comes to a minimum of four distinct wish items it is indeed finite and specific. So yes that is a valid wish."

Please make it so then as phrased.

"Done."

How would this work as my final wish? I wish to retain you as an advisor when faced with decisions that affect Mary and my happiness?

"Hmmmm, I don't think that will work not finite and specific enough, you could keep me at your Beck and Call for what to order for lunch."

Okay, let me see if this narrows it enough. Lets say only key decisions affecting long-term happiness, if I ask and it doesn't fit you just ignore it.

"That sounds doable. You know Micah Kilpatrick Campbell, I haven't enjoyed a negotiation this much since Abraham of the Chaldeans and I negotiated the Test of Sodom and Gomorra. You just managed another compound wish. If you ask and I don't answer you know it isn't that important."

I smiled, thank you Oh Great One. Please make it so as amended. How should I address you for questions?

"Mike is an appropriate nickname for both Michael and Micah. Mike will be fine. It also has the advantage that you merely sound as though you are consulting yourself if someone overhears."

Mike it will be then. Well those papers won't deliver themselves now will they?

Back in my room I pulled on shorts, a Boston T-shirt. Socks and my well broken in army surplus boots, Old Mike had never been a runner but the new me could hold his on pretty well. I was no threat to crack the top 10 in any race, just to much of me, but I was able to average 44 minutes running my six plus mile paper route and thought I could cut another six to eight off that with work. As loaded up my bag and started for the first half of the route I took a quick inventory, six foot five inches and 235 lb. same as before but the new me was little harder, a little stronger and I knew the allergies that had frustrated me so much were no more. My hair was the most visible change, where I had always worn it up off my collar and just touching my ears before, it now bounced of the top of my shoulder blades black as coal and as curly as a pig's tail. I couldn't believe how good it felt to stretch my legs in a ground eating pace breathing easily as I delivered the first 80 papers of my 150-house route.

"Mike, I thought of another question or two if you don't mind."

The Voice chuckled in my ear "Go ahead."

I know my first wish forces Mary to face some hard times or at least I think it does. Can I reduce that at all?

"Yes, you can reduce it a good bit, it wont be easy but you have the capacity to make a big difference in her life, Just as she has already made a huge difference in this lifeline for you."

Ok, that actually answers both questions-- wait I thought of one other. Are there good car seats for infants and toddlers in this lifeline yet?

"When you need it will be ready."

Great! I thought about what he said about her effect on me in this life. It was obvious to me what he meant now that I thought about it. The new me had a focus, a sense of purpose and the will to make it happen that was sadly lacking from my other teen years. While I knew I was still pretty much an outsider in school, that pathetic need for external validation was gone as was the almost pathological depression that had haunted the old me for most of the first 40 years of my life.

Realizing I was almost back to the house I checked my watch, on pace for a new record I quickly swapped bags and took off for part two of the route. Deep in thought again, my arms and legs performing their jobs with no input from me, I thought about school once more. My grades were much better than before mainly because I wasn't fighting the depression on a daily basis. I was ranked 6th in my class of 495 with a GPA of 3.89, I had a fighting shot at the Nation Merit scholarship that had eluded the other me, I knew I had hit the same 99.5 percentile on the PSAT that had earned me semi-finalist status before. Now that I had developed the body to make A's in Phys Ed instead of the C's that had killed my 4.0 GPA my 9th and 10th grade years I had a fighting chance to break 3.9 maybe even 3.95 if the AP classes worked out this term.

Route finished and cool down walk behind me I headed to the big garage/shop behind the house. Grabbing the weights I started my morning work out. I knew the Marine ROTC scholarship I was going to try for this fall was going to be tough, I had good enough times in the three mile run even with out the improvement I knew I could make over the next few months, the sit-ups were a little harder but I was still over what I needed to qualify. No, the problem was going to be the pull-ups, my almost ape length arms were a serious disadvantage when it came to pulling my mass up over the bar. 73 in three minutes was the best I could do, I needed to increase that by over a third to be confident of making the grade. The National Merit would pay my way through college no question but knowing how attractive Mary thought soldiers were I really wanted those Dress Blues, Mike said I got the girl but I was determined to make every dream she had come true. Wow, 78 this morning in 2:50 by my watch, this thinking while working out might get me there yet.

Carrying our paper, I walked in to the kitchen at 5:48, Dad was just pouring coffee for he and Mom, I dropped the paper on the table, opened the fridge and grabbed the orange juice, popped two slices of whole grain into the toaster and sat down.

"Morning Mom, Dad, Is the queen in the shower?"

Mom laughed, "Yes, Bear your sister is in the shower she should be done by the time you finish eating."

Dad gave me that vaguely exasperated look he had long ago mastered. "Boy, when are you going to visit the Barbershop?" This was a question new dad had ask new me twice a week at least for the last 6 months.

"Not till I'm sitting on it Dad", also the standard reply, coupled with a smile to show I wasn't a smart-ass.

Breakfast done I rinsed my things wiped down my spot at the table and around the toaster and headed for my room. The door opened as I passed the bathroom and out came Stacey naked as a Blue jay. "EEEPP", she took three steps and slammed her door.

I stepped over to her door and yelled "Nice Butt."

I heard something soft hit the other side with considerable force. Laughing I spoke more softly, "don't forget you have to take the bus today Queenie, I'm chauffeuring Sunny for her birthday."

"Ok", came the reply then after a pause, "Do I really have a nice butt?"

"I didn't get that good a look but I would say it was very nice for 13 going on 14, sis."

Stacey was never insecure, which is how she ended up with a nickname like Queenie, but I guess everybody that age has some concerns about how they look.

I ducked into my room, pulled off the boots and socks grabbed a fresh pair of tighty whiteys and jeans and headed for the bathroom. Standing under the shower washing my hair I almost didn't hear the door open, pausing a second and turning my back toward the curtain I said " Not a smart move sis."

"Darn it, why not, you saw me. Fair is fair."

"Mom might not think me ACCIDENTLY seeing you when you left your robe in your room and you sneaking in here to INTENTIONALLY peek at me was a "fair is fair"."

She said nothing but opened the door to leave, I heard the toilet start to flush and slapped the showerhead toward the wall before the water could burn me. Peeking around the curtain I saw the door to Queenie's room close. Shutting off the water and wrapping a towel around myself I quickly closed the door. 20 minutes later, hair mostly dry and dressed for the day I made my way back to the kitchen. Dad was gone and Mom was in her scrubs ready to leave for the OB/GYN office where she worked.

"Love you mom have a good day."

"Love you too poohbear. Lunch is in the fridge."

I flipped through the paper and was about to head out to the garage when I saw the item in the local news section. The School Board had approved a plan to relieve over crowding by moving the 8th graders to the high school this fall. Interesting, so Sunny and I would spend a semester at the same school, would have been a year but I planned to graduate early.

Walking into the garage, I hoped into the Peaquod backed out and closed the door. Peaquod was what dad and I privately called the '66 candy apple red Vette I had bought from Granddad on my 16th birthday. A convertible with a 327, dual four-barrel carbs, a four-speed tranny and dual exhaust, Dad said this car would get more tail than a fishing ship. So far that was just a private joke, unlike many guys, still having My V card at 16+ was not something I worried about.

I pulled into the Evert's drive and went to the door and rang the bell. I heard the sound of feet in the hall and Sean and Megan opened the door. Sean age 7 and Megan 9 looked at me as I knelt and intoned "Good morning Master Sean and Mistress Megan, would you please inform Miss Mary that her carriage awaits?"

Sean turned around and hollered at the top of his lungs, "Sunny, it's Bear and he said something about waiting on your cartridge."

I heard Peg laugh from the kitchen, "Come on in Bear, she will be down in a minute."

Walking in I saw Peg feeding Molly rice cereal. Molly had been a surprise a year ago, Peg and Big Tim had thought they were through with diapers and formula. Taking the bowl and spoon from Peg I began feeding Molly. A round little thing, Molly 's wiggling toes testified to the enjoyment she was feeling. Poking cereal in as fast as I could move spoon from bowl to mouth I ask Peg how she was.

"I'm fine boyo." she replied with that hint of Irish lilt 30 years in America had not erased. " You will make a fine husband and father one day Bear she said", watching me slide the last spoonful into Molly smiling mouth.

Grabbing a diaper and then Molly I set her to my shoulder gently patting her back. A satisfied burp told me Molly was ready to move on with her day. I laughed and told Peg there was no rush on that for me.

About that time Sunny walked into the room. Even though I had seen her only yesterday in my new memories, she still stole my breath. 5'9" she probably weighted 140 lb. I could see she was starting to lose that chubby little girl look as she moved into the woman she was to be. Like me she wore Jeans and a polo shirt with loafers and her beautiful red hair in a single plait down her back. "Good Morning Sunny and Happy Birthday" I said.

"Hey Bear, thank you."

Handing Molly over to Peg I said "be a sweet girl today, and you too Molly."

Peg laughed and told us to "shooo" we headed out to the Vette where I opened Sunny's door and ushered her in. A moment later we were off, running through the gears I glanced over, "look in the glove box"

Sunny removed the small wrapped package and quickly pulled the paper off. " Cool, Bat Outta Hell, I love this album can we play it"

"Of course we can princess" I replied; a moment later the power cords of Meat Loaf filled the air.

"Bear, can I ask you a question?" shoot.

"Do you think I'm fat?"

"No, where did that silly idea come from?"

"Some of the "boys" at my school were teasing me calling me "Mary Moocow" and saying I had udders."

I stole a peek at her breasts. "Sunny, in a couple of years, when those boys grow up, they will think those "udders" are the coolest things they ever saw. They will be after you like flies chasing honey. Doll, you look exactly like you should."

"I still would like to lose some weight."

"Ok, tell ya what my brand new teen, if you would like to run with me in the mornings when I do papers and use the stuff I have in the Garage, I will help you."

"You would, Oh Bear you are the best."

"No problem sweets, now a couple a things- do you have shoes you can run in?

"I have my Keds she said shifting in her seat."

"Those wont do, we will make a mall run after you get out of school. Now how about a sturdy Bra- that's something I don't see me shopping for today."

She colored a bit, "yeah that wont be a problem." we pulled into the Middle School drive and up to the curb. She started to open the door, I said "wait let me", in front of all the buses and kids being dropped off I opened her door with a flourish and handed her out.

Kissing her hand I whispered, "if anyone asks I am but one of your admirers." I heard a moo behind me; turning quickly I fixed my eye on a group of giggling boys. They got very solemn very fast; "Remember if anyone says anything, look at them like you would a roach on your shoe."

She headed for the school I saw Queenie getting off the bus, I motioned her over, "does Sunny have any classes with you" I ask.

"No but some times I see her in the halls."

"Be sure and speak every time you see her today, she has been catching some boy grief."

"No prob bro."

"Thanks owe ya one."

"Nope, call it even if you forget what you saw this morning." she said turning to walk away.

"Forget, no way. Never mention sure. BTW sis, Not nice, excellent Butt." she laughed and continued to the door with an exaggerated waggle of her ass.

15 minutes later I pulled into the parking lot at RFK High (go Cavs) made sure the top was up and the doors locked and headed in for another fun day of secondary education. I walked into my Spanish 4 class and said

"Buenos Dias, Professora Garcia."

"Buenos dias, Oto. Como esta"

"Bien Gracias".

Even my Spanish teacher called me Bear. I thought back to how that name came to be. Sunny had given me that when she couldn't manage Poohbear as she learned to talk. It was only fair I suppose since I'm the one that pinned Sunny on her. It was the day she came home from the hospital, Mom and Stacey and I had gone over to take some food Mom had made. Mary was crying, and I started to sing one of the songs mom sang to me. "You are my sunshine my only sunshine you make me happy when skies are gray, you'll never know dear how much I love you, please don't take my sunshine away." she stopped crying and just looked at me. "She sure is pretty Miss Peg. " I said.

There after that song combined with her personality made her Sunny. The day was routine, got a quiz back in my AP Sociology class, 100%. Phys Ed was not much fun, we were finishing a three week section on gymnastics. 6'5" and 235 lbs. was not a gymnast size, luckily I got along well with Coach Parker. He knew I was shooting for the ROTC scholarship and as a retired Gunny he put more emphasis on my knowing how it should work than being able execute skills intended for someone 9 inches shorter and 75 lbs. lighter.

At lunch Sunny's sister Connie came over and sat down across from me. "You'll be over for cake tonight wont you?" she asked.

"Of course!" I replied. "I wouldn't miss a Peg Evert cake for love or money."

"Is that the only reason your coming, Big Boy" she grinned.

"Well that and the opportunity to be surrounded by beautiful Evert women" I flirted. Even though she was 15 months older than I, Connie and I were both juniors, soon to be seniors. Mom and Dad had managed to get a waiver to let me start school the same year Connie did, I had only missed the September 30th cutoff by three days and was already taller and heavier than most of the second grade class.

Like me, Connie, and all the Evert Entourage, were taller and more solidly built than their peers. In fact, if it weren't for me, Connie would have been the tallest person in our grade till the boys started catching up in 9th grade. While Connie was much more social and popular than I, we had always friends, she was the first girl who ever kissed me; after I decked a 6th grade boy who pushed her down in 3rd grade.

Unlike the old me, who fought a lot till I learned not to let the gibes and putdowns get to me, that incident marked me as a fellow it didn't pay to upset.

"How are classes going Con," I asked.

She sighed, "Pretty well, factoring in Algebra is killing me."

"Want me to take a look tonight when I come over?" I replied.

"That would be great." she smiled. "You always seem to explain things better than Mr. Hayes." "Would you take a look at my English paper while you are at it."

"Happy to, I was going to ask if you had time to whip out a 5 pager for me by next Wednesday." Connie and I had swapped this same favor dozens of times since she finished typing class in 10th grade. I had started into the same class but managed to switch the first week when it became obvious those little keys and my big fingers were never going to get along.

"Oh, one more thing, are you going straight home?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Tell your Mom I am stopping at the Mall with Sunny, she wants to start running with me in the mornings and needs some better shoes."

Connie frowned, " I doubt she has any money with her, certainly not enough for that."

I waved my hand, "no prob; with no girlfriend on the horizon she and Queenie are the only ones I have to spend money on." You know what Queenie says, "What's a big brother for, but to buy me things and take me places."

Connie laughed, "Yeah, it sucks to be the oldest and a girl."

I left the school at 2:35 and headed back to pickup Sunny, she was waiting near the buses. My heart almost burst when she saw the car, smiled and waved, I hoped out and opened her door. After she settled in I closed the door and carefully pulled away.

"I did what you said Bear, and it worked!!" "Some 6th grader mooed at me in the hall, I looked him up and down and just kept walking." "Queenie saw it and started laughing at HIM, some of her buddies joined in, it was so KEWL!!"

I laughed, "what ya got to remember is very few boys turn into human beings before their 21st birthday."

"You aren't like that Bear and your 16."

I smiled at her, "First of all, I'm a hell of a lot smarter than most boys, and can you imagine what Queenie and my mom would do to me if I acted that way."

It was her turn to laugh, " No, I guess that would get bad in a hurry."

A few minutes later we pulled into the Twin Pines Mall, we headed in and Sunny turned toward Shoe Barn.

"This way Sunny" I said turning into Harris Sporting Goods.

"I can't afford anything in there, Bear."

"Doesn't matter I can."

A college age guy who was just a little too interested in Sunny's chest greeted us in the shoe department. After telling him what we were looking for and having him double check Sunny's shoe size he moved of toward the stockroom. I let him get part way there then walked after him, " Dude, just a second." he stopped and looked back. "Listen, that was uncool back there. As far as you know that's my girlfriend or maybe my sister, scoping her chest was not wise."

"I don't know what your talking about." he blustered.

"OK, my mistake, but I damn sure better not make another." I walked back over to Sunny and said we probably needed to pick out a few pair of socks made for running. Shoe boy returned with several boxes and after trying everything on we settled on a pair from a young company from the west coast called Nike. The entire time, Shoe boy's focus never paused between Sunny's face and feet. While the shoes and socks were being rung up, Sunny looked over at me. " What did you say to him?"

I tried looking innocent.

"Spill"

I smiled, "I just told him if he wanted to check out hot girls racks he needed to learn to be more discreet.

Sunny colored a bit, " Um, thanks Bear."

We started out the door and I ask Sunny if she wanted a hot pretzel.

"Better not, Mom will wonder where I am. I told her about asking Connie to let her mom know we were making a stop.

"Bear, can I ask you a question?"

"As long as it isn't "where do babies come from?" sure."

"Dope" she said punching my arm. " Why have you never ask Connie out?"

I looked over at her. " Did our mothers put you up to that?

"No, why?"

"I just think they have wondered the same thing" I said.

"So, why not."

"Wrong kind of love I guess, I love your whole family, but it's the Aunts, Uncles and cousins love." "Kissing Connie would be too much like kissing Queenie. If you could find a way to let your mom know that you might make our lives a little easier." We pulled into her drive.

"See ya later for cake Bear."

I headed back to the house and finished of my homework and the final draft of the paper I wanted Connie to type.

Queenie and I walked across the street about 7:00, she dropped a gift from my folks on the small pile in the living room and I slipped a card to the bottom of the stack. After cake and singing we moved to the living room for presents. Molly toddled over and reached up for me to hold her. She settled down and five minutes later had dropped off to sleep. Sunny opened her gifts, mostly clothes and a few albums, her folks had given her a lovely gold necklace with her name spelled out in gold letters. She got a little embarrassed when she opened the gift from Connie; it was some rather small bikini panties.

Connie laughed and said "maybe those will keep you out of my underwear drawer. Finally, she got to the card. She read the verse on front then opened the card and squealed. "Boston tickets!! I love them."

She looked at the signature ran over and hugged me. "Bear, you are the best!!" looking at Tim and Peg she said, "I can go can't I."

Tim paused just a moment then replied, "Of course honey, Bear already checked."

It was a school night so the party broke up shortly thereafter; I laid Molly in her bed and made my way to the door.

"Thanks again Bear, You are sooo good to me."

As she turned to head back into the house I popped her on her jean cover butt, "and one to grow on."

She looked back in surprise; I saw another emotion flash across her face. "See you at 4:10 tomorrow get some sleep." As I walked home a thought crossed my mind, in my old life I recalled Sunny joking about a nice spanking turning her on. I do believe my little 13-year-old virgin had just had a horny moment.

Sunny did well the next morning, I slowed my pace to 8-9 minutes a mile and she kept up well all the way to mile four before slowing to a walk.

"The key is to keep moving" I said, "if you stop completely without your breathing and heart rate coming back to normal you can tighten up." I keep her in sight while continuing to run my route, I timed it so I meet her about a mile from home and we walked back letting our bodies comeback to normal. I told her we would stick with this for the next two weeks at least and then think about adding some weight training to tone and tighten. Karen Carpenter was alive and no one but a few doctor's had heard of bulimia, anorexia or the host of other food disorders that would destroy so many women's and girl's lives over the coming decades. I certainly wasn't going to let that happen to Sunny. After a quick work out, breakfast and a shower I kissed mom good-bye and set out to play bus driver. In addition to Peaquod I had Silver, a 1968 Fairlane convertible painted solid white, after loading up Queenie, Connie, Little Tim and Sunny I set out, dropping Sunny and sis at the middle school I then pointed the car to the HS. Before we started off to class I handed Connie back the paper she had given me at the party last night, "It looks good Con I said," "I made a few small notes, but really its should be fine the way it is."

"Thanks Bear, do you have that paper you wanted typed?

"Here it is, I just need it by lunch next Wednesday" I replied. Then it was off to school again.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.