Roadhouse - Cover

Roadhouse

Copyright© 2009 by Anthony Concept

Chapter 2

Work had finished for the day, after cleaning up we sat in the lounge room enjoying a beer, I hadn't had much experience with alcohol so I took it easy, no sense in making a fool of myself. Trish brought in a platter of cheese and biscuits for us to snack upon. Frank Millar, a lothario in his own mind tried to put the make on her, he was sharply rebuffed to the amusement of the rest of us.

"The lady has taste," someone quipped. Frank was pissed off to say the least.

Two beers and I had my limit, someone called me a 'two pot screamer', so what, I've seen plenty of silly drunks and I wasn't about to be one of them. Soon the bell for dinner rang and we went into the dining room. Joan sat us down and then served the first course, it was a delicious vegetable soup. I can see that I need to talk to Trish and find out her recipe. The main course was a roast with all the trimmings, Trish certainly knew how to cook, a baked cheesecake followed for sweets.

Force of habit, when the meal was over I started to clear the dirty dishes, much to the jeers from Frank. "No good sucking up to her Tony, she's frigid."

"That's not a very nice thing to say Frank, just because she doesn't want anything to do with you doesn't give you the right to call her frigid."

Frank looked like he was going to take a swing at me but Joe quickly pulled him into line.

"Cool it Frank, you're out of line, any trouble and you will be out of a job. I want to make it clear to all of you, we are guests here and we will respect our hosts; is that clearly understood?" Message received.

...

Five o'clock in the morning I heard the rattle of pots and pans, unable to sleep any longer I dressed and went down to the kitchen. Poking my head around the door I saw Trish preparing breakfast.

"Morning Trish, need any help?"

She looked up and snorted "You're not trying to get into my panties too, are you?"

"Nope, but I am trying to get into your recipe book though."

"You're a strange bugger Tony, I heard about your run in with Mr Arsehole last night, thanks for sticking up for me but I can fight my own battles thank you."

"Just because you knocked him back, doesn't give him the right to bad mouth you. I'd do that for any woman."

"Ahhh, a gentleman, not too many of them around these days."

"At your service madam. What can I do to help you Trish, I like cooking so point me in the right direction."

"Yeah, a strange bugger alright. OK Tony, let's see how you go with the bacon. I've got porridge or cereal with bacon and scrambled eggs on the menu, I usually do the bacon in the oven, do you know how to do that?"

"In the orphanage on the very rare occasion we had it, cook layered it in a baking tray with the rind uppermost and a little drop of water in the bottom."

"You an orphan Tony?"

"Yeah, and it's nice to be away from the orphanage too."

"Oh, sorry if I was a bit rough on you before, it gets a bit tiring having every Tom, Dick and Harry putting the hard word on you. They think just because I've got a crook leg I'm desperate for sex."

"That's OK Trish, you are attractive though."

"The bacon's in the fridge Tony, any more talk like that and you'll have me in tears."

As I started getting the bacon ready, I noticed she was mixing the eggs up and putting them in another baking tray. "You going to do them in the oven Trish?"

"Yeah, I bake them until they're almost cooked then mix them up with a balloon whisk, that fluffs them up."

"Hmm, we didn't fluff them up, that's a better idea though, I'll have to tell Mrs A and C about it the next time I see them."

"Mrs A and C?"

"The two cooks at the orphanage, Mrs Andrews and Mrs Cooper. They are both good friends, and taught me quite a lot about cooking."

Joan came into the kitchen and saw me getting the bacon ready.

"What's going on here Trish?"

"Tony's a bit of a kitchen wiz Joan, he asked if he could help me. I think he's really trying to get into my panties but I'll use him up and chuck him out."

"Great, go for it Tony, I'll get a little more sleep. See you at breakfast."

Breakfast cooked and served up, I copped another snide remark from Frank which I ignored, I noticed Joe give him a dirty look.

...

Back out on the mullock heap, it was a nice sunny day and soon the sweat was rolling off my body. I slipped my shirt off and continued to grub the tailings down the chute. Frank was working near by and cracked a stupid remark about my hairless chest.

"I don't think the gimp will go for a little boy, most women like hairy men like me."

I saw Joe coming down the road, apparently Frank hadn't. Time to call his bluff.

"Why would any self respecting woman go for a hairy ape like you Frank?"

"Why you snotty nosed little cunt, I show you who's an ape."

With that he threw a punch at me, I deliberately let it connect but I rode it, taking out the sting. He pulled back ready to swing another so I got inside his reach, grabbing him by the shirt front I smashed my forehead into his face, I felt his nose give way. A quick knee into his nuts and he went down.

"Hold it there Tony", it was Joe and he was really pissed off.

"I saw what happened Frank, you obviously didn't listen to my warning last night. As of now you are dismissed, collect your stuff from the Lodge and I'll run you into Erica. You can find your own way from there, I'll ring the office in Morwell and you can collect your pay there. OK the party's over, back to work."

...

"I heard you and Mr Arsehole had a bit of a stoush today Tony."

"Yeah Trish, he swung a punch so I thumped him back, Joe saw what happened and gave him the boot."

"Was it me you were fighting over?"

"No, he seemed to think that because I didn't have a hairy chest I wasn't man enough for a woman."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.