A World Found - Cover

A World Found

Copyright© 2009 by Deenara2000

Chapter 15

It was now a month after all the excitement of the gun battle and all the investigations and paper work were finished that life for those that lived on the Orchard Estate finally began to return to something like normal.

Val, Kylie, and Zach remained in the care of Dani and those at the estate while Jeff took the time to sell his house to get something big enough for all of them and to get all the paper work finished so that he could adopt the three children that had invaded his heart.

Dani was slowly getting back into rebuilding her father's company but over the last two weeks she started getting work reports that were somewhat strange. So she decided it was time to make an on site inspection of all the facilities.

"Hey Sandra could you come over her for a few moments. I want to run something by you," Dani yelled out to her friend whose office was just across the hall.

"Let me finish this and I'll be right over," Sandra yelled back.

Soon Sand walked in with note pad in hand, "What's up Dani?"

"Did you see the latest production reports from last week?"

"I did. Did I miss something with them?"

"I don't know. I've been looking over them and comparing them to what we had the area doing before I was shot and even before my father died. There just seems to be something off."

"That does seem strange though I didn't see anything with them. I could go over the reports again and see if I can find whatever it is that has you stumped."

"That's what I've been doing. If I had to make a guess at what it was right now though, I would say these reports are like some kind of form letter. You know kind of generic or maybe they're incomplete somehow."

Both women sat quietly while thinking and looking at the papers that were so baffling.

"You know Dani, I could look at these all day, but sometimes I need something more physical to get my mind on what I need to do."

Dani looked at Sandra for a moment as the idea wandered though her brain and tried to think what would be more physical that she needed to do to figure this out. Then it came to her.

"Sandra I do believe we're going to be making a road trip," Dana said as she tapped her lips with a pencil and then added, "several trips in fact."

Sandra smiled as she caught on to the idea, "I do believe your right. You never did look the plants and factories over, if I remember right."

"Yes, I did. It was when the seniors asked me to help, but that was before we got people back to work. Now the question is where to start?"

"Oh, ok. Then I would suggest that the plants would be my first choice, finishing at the office complex."

"I like that," Dani paused to think the idea through, "I'll call for a full supervisor meeting for the day after tomorrow, lets plan to do a walkthrough of things now. That way I can see how things are working."

"That's good. You can make it an after lunch meeting starting say about 1 p.m."

"Good idea Sandra. Are you up to going?"

"I think it would be good for me to see how everything works. That way I have more ways to work out procedures for the companies."

"Good point. Now, while I call the seniors, could you get us a driver and a pair of guards? I know Mike's not here, or I would have him go, but I would like for Iris or Beth to be with us."

"Sure, and if we have time, we can stop for lunch with dad."

Dani smiled at her friend, "I think that would be fun."

With their plans in place, Sandra got up and went back into her office as Dani picked up the phone.

"Mr. Parks office," said the voice on the phone.

"Hi this is Dani Orchard, I was wondering if Mr. Parks was in."

"Hi, Ms. Orchard. Yes, he's in. I'll just go get him for you."

"Thank You."

A few moments later the phone crackled as it was picked up.

"Hi Dani, and how are you today?"

"I'm good. I'm going to get right to the point if that's okay. I need for you to arrange a full supervisor staff meeting for 1 pm on Wednesday for me. Do you think you can do it?"

"I don't think that should be hard, but could I ask why?"

"You could," Dani chuckled, "I need to refresh my brain with a physical layout of things. And by checking in with all the men and women who are working on the floors will help with that."

"Do you want senior staff there as well?"

Dana gave a pause as if she was thinking about it and after a few seconds, she replied, "Yes, I think that would be very good idea. I want to keep the feel of this as open to all, from the lowest shift supervisor to you and ... even Mr. Johnson."

"That's what we are all working for. I'll also be wanting a tour of all the facilities set for the day after," Dani stopped, as she really didn't like to lie, "But very shortly I'm going to do a pop-in. I'm missing something and I'm hoping I can figure out what's been bothering me. I'm sure it's just my lack of understanding."

"I'll arrange everything for the meeting and your 'Tour'. You just do whatever you think you need to do."

"Thanks. I'll call Mr. Johnson and be on our way."

"I'll see you I'm sure," replied Mr. Parks and then he hung up.

Dani hung up, but quickly dialed another number from memory and talked to Mr. Johnson. The conversation was about the same as before. When it was over, Dani gathered what she wanted into her briefcase and waited for her guards and her ride.


After a sixty minute drive, Dani's town car came to a closed gate and a man approached the driver's window. He was wearing a different uniform, but Dani remembered the plants had a different security company.

"Name," asked the man.

Before the driver could answer Iris did.

"We're representatives from High Armor Security. The plant manager is expecting us."

"I don't have you on the list, you'll have to come back later."

"No, you're going to let us through," Iris demanded.

"I'm sorry, if you are not on my list, you are not getting on this property."

"Then your going to call the office and get us put on that list."

"I don't have to do anything of a sort. I don't care if you're Ms. Orchard herself. If you're not on my list, you're not getting on this property!"

Dani listened and had to give the man credit for his stand. But she took up her cell and made a quick call.

Iris wasn't sure if she was impressed or upset. "Okay when does the list come out?"

"I get one first thing in the morning, and update at lunch time and one comes down for the guys on the night shift."

"And you don't call in for special updates?"

"If someone was not placed on my list at one of those two times, then no. Sometimes we get might a call for me to add them, but I have not had any such call today. So please..."

"Excuse me sir," Dani said as she rolled down her window, "There's a call for you."

"What are you talking about? No one has called."

"Then you need to answer this phone and talk to the person on the other end."

Dani said as she held her cell out for the man to take.

Grant Anderson looked at the girl in the back and those in the front seat then back to the girl before he took the phone

"Anderson," Grant said, and then after a few moments he paled turned red, "Sir, she is not on the list."

"Well yes, I guess she should be," he said after a pause. "Yes I'll make a note for the others." There was another pause, "Thank you, Sir. And have a good day too." With that he handed the phone back and Dani shut it.

"It would seem you were accidentally left off the list."

"No, I was never on it. My associates and I didn't know there was one. And I thank you for all your hard work, but I didn't want the planet alerted that I was coming," stated Dani.

The man wasn't sure how to take her comment, one way had her reaming him out and at the same time she was praising him.

"I'll have your name added to the permanent list so you won't have anymore trouble."
"Thank you, and please keep up the good work."

"Office Anderson," Iris interrupted, "If it's not too much of an inconvenience could you get me a copy of that list and your daily lists for say for the last week as well?"

"I don't know ma'am, I'll have to call my supervisor and see if that's ok. Are you trying to take over the contract?"

"Not at this time. We just want an idea of who the regular visitors and deliveries are for when Ms. Orchard comes in the future. It's a part of her protection detail. We never know who could be after her, seeing she is rich."

Grant rubbed his chin and nodded in agreement with the woman in the front seat, and replied, "That's a sound precaution. Let me get the gate and you can get on your way." Grant turned to open the gate

It wasn't long before they reached the main buildings but saw a shortage of activity anywhere outside. The car parked and the four walked into one of the service doors. It was clear that not much was being done inside, however Dani knew the workload was light but not this light. It was so quiet it was eerie.

As a group they made it down one of the main isle and found what looked like a supervisor station. What Dani found from the papers there, nothing had been done in that section for several days, but the time sheets showed that people had been there for work.

Dani and her group continued on up to another station and Sandra wanted to copy everything that was on the station desk for records.

That was when a worker finally spotted them.

"Hey, get the hell away from there. Who the hell do you think you are? How the fuck did you get in here?" The man demanded as he stormed up to the desk.

"I walked in," Stated Dani as she flipped through a clipboard she had picked up. Looking up at the man, her eyes cold as she asked, "Now, I want to know why, nothing is moving and no one is working?"

"Get the hell out of here before I..." The man started again.

"I'm Daniella Orchard. I'm working my ass off to get this company back up and running, but it can't do that if this plant isn't working. Now you will 'GO' and get me the plant and floor managers. Right NOW!"

"Ya, right and I'm Donkey Kong."

"Well you do look like a monkey." Sandra said with a snicker, "Dani, I think I found why you didn't like the reports you were getting."

"Look I told you people to get the Hell out of here. Now get before I call the boys to help you leave."

"You can try, but between this lady and myself I don't think they stand much of a chance." Dani said as she waved at Iris who had opened her jacket to show the butt of her sidearm.

"I'm calling the cops!" Then the man snarled and turned to run when he was hit by a pipe in the legs from behind. Then the second guard, Mr. Card, was on him, and had him hog tied with plastic tie straps.

"I would suggest you get to the office and find out what the hell is going on." Stated Mr. Card.

Dani and Iris took off for the front desk, while Sandra moved to a third station within sight of the guard assigned to her. Iris made a quick call to John her partner to have a full team com out as backup for them, as they made the door to the office and heard a lot of laughing that sounded like it was coming from the cafeteria.

Dani and Iris chose to go to the front and check who was at the front desk first. The woman there never even looked up to see if someone was there when they came up behind her. Dani glanced at what the woman was doing and got very angry.

Dani looked around and spotted the plugs where they connected to the outlets, and reached down and pulled out the lot of them.

"What the hell!" The woman explained then looked around to see what happened only to find a pissed off Dani being held back by Iris.

"How dare..."

"Shut Up! If you say a word I'll let Dani go." Iris snarled, "And I promise you this, you will not like what she'll do to you. Now get up and go sit over there." Iris said and pointed to a chair.

The woman took a look at Dani and did as she was told.

Iris pushed Dani into the vacated chair but looked around. It was with luck she found what she hoped was there, Radios.

"Dani get on the cell and call your people, I'll call the gate and have this place locked down. No one is coming in or going out, other than the cops." Iris looked at the women," And a few other security people."

"Put flex cuffs on the bitch before I hit her. I'll call the gate too." Dani ordered then went back to work, so that she wouldn't have to continue to deal with the secretary.

"Yes, Ma'am."

And with that Iris turned pulled out the flex ties and put them on the woman, tying her to the chair.

"You have no right to do this! Who the hell do you think you are?"

"She's Daniella Orchard, Your boss. We caught you looking at some very graphic and illegal kiddie porn. Now where are the plant and floor managers?"

"They're out. I don't know where. I still say you can't..."

"Silence or I'll use a sock to keep you quiet." Iris finished then turned back to Dani.

Dani was on the phone, "Ok I'll wait to call the cops. Please just get some people over here." Pause, "Yes, I will try not to."

Dani ended her call and dialed the gate.

"Main Gate, Officer Anderson,"

"This is Ms. Orchard. I need for you to lock down the gate until further notice. Any deliveries can be done, but I want a guard with them at all times. Senior partners from the Corporation are coming. They are allowed entrance. Police and FBI will be coming as well.

You have assistance coming from my other security company; for anyone else you call me. Is that understood?

"It's irregular but yes I understand," Anderson answered.

"Good, call me back at this number if you have any questions or if the Plant or Floor managers ever show up."

"Yes, Ma'am," Anderson replied.

"Dani, I think whatever these guys were watching is over," Iris stated.

"Ok, go tell Sandra to go to the managers offices, have Mr. Card stay with the man out in the plant. I need you to go tell the people to stay in the cafeteria."

"I'm not leaving you here alone Dani."

"Iris, I'll be fine. That woman isn't going to do anything If she does I'll blow her fucking knees off."

"Your packing?" Iris was somewhat shocked.

"I never leave home without it. So let's get this done."

Iris thought for a moment then left Dani. Dani picked up her cell phone and made another call.

"CNC station 3 Roy Perry speaking."

"Roy, this is Dani. I need you to get over to planet D. I need a new planet manager, and you're it."

"What? Dani, I don't know any of that stuff."

"I have faith in you and that it wouldn't take you very long to learn. You managed your own business before, and I need that knowledge. Right now Sandra and I are up to..."

"You have Sandra there? Shit! Alright I'm coming, just don't tell her I started out arguing with you."

"Just get here and I won't." the sound of three gunshots reverberated through the hallways interrupting Dani, "Well I gotta go, someone just pissed off Iris."

"Shit! I'm on my way."

Dani closed the phone and looked at the woman. "I don't think I have to tell you what that was. I'm going to go back them up. You move or do anything to piss me off more than what I already am and I'll put a bullet in your ass. Got it!"

The woman just nodded her head as her eyes filled with tears. Dani drew her gun and went to see what Iris was doing.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.