A World Found - Cover

A World Found

Copyright© 2009 by Deenara2000

Epilogue

"Hey Dani can I see you for a quick moment?" yelled Sandra from Dani's office where she was cleaning up the desk. She had found two envelopes, unopened that were from Dani's father and mother.

Dani was brining the last of her luggage down to be placed in the car, so she and Mike could leave for their honeymoon. She turned and looked in the office when she heard her name called.

"Ya Sandra, what is it? We don't have that much time."

"Well I found some letters addressed to you that you never opened," Sandra paused and looked at her friend. Dani had been though so much that Sandra was unsure if she should say anything or not.

Dani saw the look and walked into the room and over to the desk. She saw her friend holding two envelopes. Dani just held out her hand for them and waited.

Sandra slowly handed the envelopes to her friend and hoped her friend could handle whatever was in them.

Dani saw her name on the front of each as well as that of her father and mother. She looked at the envelopes and wondered where they had come from, then she remembered the room of boxes, and that she had never gotten back to the envelopes. She wasn't even sure how they got to the office. However, as she held each one, she knew she had to read them. She put her father's down on the desk and opened the one from her mother.

Dearest Daniella,

How I'm going to miss you. Your birthday was last week and now my little one is four years old. However, the doctors have given me some terrible news. I have a very aggressive breast cancer. The doctors believe that even if they took both my breasts they couldn't get it all. I'm so sorry that I'm not going to be there to see you grow up in to the beautiful woman I know you will be.

Your father is a loving man. Though I was never in love with him, I know my dying is going to hurt him a great deal. Please try to be strong for him and help him see that he can go on and not get sucked into his work.

I wish I could know when he's going to give you this letter, and I know when he does, it's going to be hard for both of you. Know that I love you and will watch over you.

Now let me tell you some of the history of my family, and what I know of your father's as I'm sure he's not going to tell you. We lived in..."

Dani read the letter and knew most of what was said in it. Her father had told her as much as he knew about her mother's family. She was surprised that she might have some cousins that live in Washington State. The love she felt from the letter was what she remembered from her mother. When she was done she put the letter back in its envelope and would show it to Mike later.

The next letter gave her some pause, as she didn't know if she really wanted to hear her father's words of why he did what he did. That is if they were there. Finally deep in her heart she knew she had to do it, so she picked it up and opened the letter.

Oh my sweet Dani,

If your reading this it means that I have not been able to find a way out of the trouble I have placed not only myself in but you as well. I messed up baby. I messed up big time, and short of my death, I just can't see a way out.

In my will, I gave my company to a corporation that is part of the group of people I'm in trouble with. I need you to please stay away from anything to do with that company and the ones I gave them. I know some of the Board of Directors may come to you. I know it will be hard but please don't help them.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.