Superlove - the White Angel's Autobiography - Cover

Superlove - the White Angel's Autobiography

Copyright© 2009 by A P Gilmore

Chapter 22

The next day I went to the office about 5.55. Firstly, I changed and went to get Nathan Chamberlain. He was in hiding and was obviously afraid of me. I arrived and just grabbed him before taking him to the room where Amy was waiting. I let go and stopped him, while Amy had, a guard come in and disarm him. For the first time I tried to unstop just his arms, and it worked as they guard handcuffed him. I allowed him to move completely and we all left the room to go on to the studio floor. Amy informed the others that I was to be ignored and that Amy was the person to be questioned on my behalf. Nathan was sat down next to the NSA Director. He was in a bad position, but after all the news and my good reputation, the truth will be heard unless Nathan was shot beforehand. I sat in the chair opposite Nathan and never took my eyes off him, he was quite scared. Amy came back with a list of questions. I crossed out the same two she had already underlined. She knew me so well and I believed she could speak for me if she wanted to, without me writing a thing. However, I had a keyboard I could write answers on the screen. I had a statement prepared that would answer many of the questions people had, and Amy would read it.

It was 6.59 and we were all ready. Amy looked really beautiful and smart in her panted suit. Melissa had made it especially for tonight and got her name on the credits at the end of the show, as the designer of Miss Carter's outfit. There was no audience as the lights went up, the good government agents suggesting there should not be one for my own safety. The camera operator signaled us for a 5 second start.

"Evening to the People all around the World watching. Tonight we are finally going to find out what we can about The White Angel. She has agreed to appear on Television for the first time to try to answer the many questions people have had over the years. The White Angel does not talk. So Amy Carter, the reporter who wrote the now famous, Who Is She Really? article in the New York newspaper, and who now works for Chicago times, has agreed to appear and speak on behalf of The White Angel. Also in the studio, we have NSA director Ronald Seymour who is here to defend allegations that they were anyway involved in the kidnapping of Amy Carter and 3 members of her family. Amy carter as you know was almost shot, if it was not for the good timing of The White Angel to save her and her family. We also have Nathan Chamberlain who is at the centre of these claims and is here with us tonight to admit to his wrong doings." What Nathan did not know was that we had a computer geek in the family, namely David. And thanks to Amy's contacts, David was able to have access to his private computer at home and the office, and had gathered some incriminating evidence. Idiot kept a record of everything, so he could find patterns in my movements.

"Amy, you have a statement prepared by The White Angel. It is a pleasure to have you here White Angel."

"Thank you for agreeing to this, The White Angel has felt a terrible pain since she rescued me, she feels so guilty for putting me in danger that she was almost going to hide forever. I have assured her that it was the people that kidnapped us that were at fault. So she has agreed to this meeting with the main conspirator and she hopes the NSA director can assure her that, if she were to continue, no further attempts will be made against me, my family or friends, and that if she answers any questions she can answer, that the NSA and the governments of the world will leave her alone. Firstly, The White Angel has prepared a short statement to answer some of the public's questions. And then if anybody else would like to ask a question, she will try and answer it." Therefore, Amy began to read the statement we had written together, along with Melissa.

'People of the World. Firstly let me squash one rumor, I am not an Alien, but most definitely human. My powers developed from birth, but it was not until I was in my late teens, did I discover them and what I was going to do with them. I spent several years learning to develop my powers so I could help those that needed my help. I have never used my powers for anything but good. I just wanted to help people, in addition to try and protect my identity. My secret has kept me distant from people and I have had to deal with all my training and recovery alone for a long time. Nobody knows who I really am, so there is nobody that could ever give that information to anybody. I come here today to beg for my privacy. All I want is to try to have as normal life as possible, while I try to rescue people all over the world. If this cannot be satisfied, I will stop. If anybody asks why I would do this, listen to the comments of the loved ones of those saved. Think about your wife, husband, son, daughter, mother, and father. Think about the day I saved them, and that the outcome would only be death. I do what I can, to give people a second chance.'

"The NSA Director has a question for you."

"Yes White Angel, I would like to know if you are a danger to us?" Amy and I both looked at each other. I looked at the director and typed a message.

'What do you mean exactly?'

"Can you kill?"

"What type of question is that, we are all capable of killing." replied Amy.

"But she has a power that we have no understanding of or how it works, how do we know she is not a danger to us?"

"Again, who isn't a danger? However, if you need evidence of her actions, then look at the number of people she has saved. How many people have died when she arrived? None. She arrives, helps where help is needed. She performs a service that no one on this planet can perform and she does it, not for the recognition or money. She does it because she understands that she has the ability to do what is right. She could stay at home and twiddle her thumbs and decide to have a normal job, with a normal wage."

"But she is not normal, she is defiantly abnormal."

"How dare you say that to her, she has a gift, we both believe some people have access too, she simply has a much better control over hers. And what does she do, she unselfishly helps those in need when she can. There are accounts of people through time who say they had the ability to read minds, or predict the future, move objects with their mind. In the 17th century, they were burned at the stake. However, nowadays we see them as circus tricks or TV specials. But because we have real proof that The White Angel, has this power and control, real proof that a person can move objects."

"Why is she not answering my questions?"

"She can if she wants, at anytime she can interrupt my answers. But I understand enough about what and why she does what she does to answer your questions."

"Well I need her to answer me. I speak on behalf of the American people, and we need to know that she is safe to walk among us."

"But she isn't American."

"And how do you know that?"

"Because she told me."

"But still she knows about us and has been to every state."

"Ok then that settles it, The White Angel will no longer help Americans."

"She can't do that."

"But you just said she is unsafe, you can't dictate to her what she can and can't do. She protects the people of the world. She tries her best to save all those innocent lives." At this, Nathan got angry. Not in his voice, but in the way he was looking at me. Then it occurred to me that what he was doing to me was personal. I took Amy's pad from her and wrote her a note, asking her to try to find out, about anybody dying recently in Nathans past. She understood the note.

"If you will excuse me a second, I cannot talk to you anymore. If you have any more questions, The White Angel will answer them." David decided it was a good idea to interrupt the discussion.

"White Angel, we have just had quite a heated discussion about how dangerous you are, but as Amy wrote in her article you have done so much good for the people of the world. Why do you help us, specifically I mean, what particularly motivates you to do this?"

'My power told me'

"In what way did it tell you?"

'The first time I ever knew I had a power, was when I sensed others in danger, I saved the people in question, but at first I did not understand why. Then a few more times, my power told me of others in danger, so I rescued whom I could. I realized that my power has developed itself since I was born, to do the right thing and to help people. I have a power I call Instinct, but people may know it as Precognition, the ability to see the future. However, what my Instinct does is also guide me a react when I cannot always see the danger. Moreover, as everyone already knows I have the power to move objects, Telekinesis. And with both these powers I can predict danger, go to where my prediction tells me, and use my powers to help save people.'

"So you have the ability to sense when people, all over the world, are in danger?"

'Correct'

"You must get a lot of warnings?"

'I did in my first year, but if you remember I disappeared for over a month. I had almost died of both physical and mental exhaustion. It was then I decided it was not safe for me, to be everywhere all the time. So I trained my mind to reduce the number of people I can save, it was either that or I would end up killing myself.'

"So what did you do, go on holiday or something?" asked Nathan.

'I collapsed and awoke 2 weeks later. I spent the time getting my strength back and only then returned. I am still human. I need 8 hours of sleep, rest periods, and I still need my own time to try to live a normal life. I give up about 16 hours a day of my life to help people.''

"What about money?"

'I can't answer that'

"So you have friends, friends who don't know you are The White Angel?"

'Yes'

"Why not tell them?"

'Not even my family knows. I decided it would be safer to not tell anyone, afraid of the repercussions of my actions'

"NSA director, you asked some very accusing questions earlier. Do you really believe that The White Angel is a danger to people?"

"We have the right to know the truth. Hiding behind a costume, with powers that are unknown to us, makes her a danger."

"But surely, as she has said, she asks for nothing in return, she just wants to help people, and at no point as she displayed to us that she is threat."

"But the U.S. people deserve to know, so we can tell the people she is safe."

"But have you asked them."

"I have done this job for 20 years. I know what the people want." Just then, Graham put a finger to his ear.

"We have a caller on the line, a very special guest, the President of the United States of America." I tried to remain calm, but I could not help be excited. "Hello Mr. President. Have you any questions for The White Angel."

"Good evening everyone. I would usually hold a press conference for such news, but I wanted to give the information personally to The White Angel. I respect her privacy and would not request her to appear before me. White Angel, I want to give you my assurance that a law is being written as we speak. Moreover, for the first time in history, every leader of every country in the world has agreed to sign it. It states that, The White Angel, is given free reign over the world. Her efforts have not gone unnoticed and we do a great disservice to her to continue to restrict her freedom. She should be allowed to live a normal life, but if that includes saving thousands of lives, then she should be commended. By continually trying to get her to answer to us, it only pushes her further away, and I am sure many families in the world have missed her help in saving loved ones in the past 3 weeks. Whoever was involved in the injustice that occurred to Amy Carter and her family deserves nothing more than punishment. That is up to Miss Carter and her family. It is also up to The White Angel, if she no longer wants to help anymore, and nobody should be blamed more for that happening than us. Therefore, as a representative to the leaders of the world, it is my great pleasure to offer you full Diplomatic Immunity; you no longer need to answer to anybody. We have decided to do this because you deserve nothing less, you have at no time attempted to harm a living soul, and we see no reason why you should ever do so. I have read the many stories over the past few years, especially the article Miss Carter wrote. It is blind of us, not to see you as the person you are. The most caring, bravest person on the planet." Amy had returned, and I took her notebook and began to write.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.