Superlove - the White Angel's Autobiography - Cover

Superlove - the White Angel's Autobiography

Copyright© 2009 by A P Gilmore

Chapter 10

Once I had control over what things I did and did not want to see, once I could control the flow, I learned to switch it off and spent the last month sleeping, studying and getting prepared for my finals. I managed to catch up and felt ready to take my final exams. Melissa kept asking me for the answers and said that maybe I should look too. However, I tried to remind her that University was about learning and knowing, and not what the final score was, it was about personal achievement. Melissa hated when she did not get her way. Still we both did great and soon it was time to prepare for the future. First, we would find Melissa a business property, to get her fashion business up and running, and then get some sort of base of operations for me, then it would begin. Luckily, we could do all three in one go, with the warehouse we owned. Thankfully, Melissa was far ahead in the planning department. She already had all the plans worked out, and even where to put a hidden room, alongside the main office. We also purchased the house we lived in. We kept it as a momentum, but we would also live in it for a while longer, until circumstances changed.

"I hope you don't mind but while you gave me the last 6 months of weekends off, I have been very busy and not trying to have fun, like you wanted me to, although it has been. While you have been practicing alone, I already have builders ready to start on the warehouse. It is the perfect site for my fashion business. They have even designed us a main office, with a hidden section for you. You need a cover, and as my business partner, we can both base ourselves in the main office. I hope that people will assume you are busy. In addition, when you need to change or rest, you can go to your room. Also I think it should become your primary return point." Explained Melissa. This was the day after, the night before, celebrating our final day of University and freedom.

"I can't believe how much you have managed to do." I said, as she showed me all the building plans.

"Well that's not all. When we have talked about your costume, you have always avoided giving your own ideas."

"I just think maybe I would be more comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt."

"I know you do, but we both agreed that you need protection. No matter what, your safety is my priority, and I will not let you gallivant around the world, without the right gear."

"What have you done? You've already created it haven't you."

"Yes I have. Now it occurred to me, if I just went somewhere with the design of your costume and asked them to create it, eventually when you appear on the scene, people would easily figure out who I had designed it for. People must not even try to get close to us; your identity must remain a secret at all costs. We both know that if people were to find out whom you are, and chance of a normal life will be over. I have read enough comics to know; people could and will use your powers to do bad things. They could kidnap your parents or anything. Threaten the ones you love."

"Oh my god, I never considered that, the consequences of my actions. Have I really thought this through Melissa?"

"No, you have been practicing like you should; I'm the one who has all the ideas. These past 6 months I have meticulously tried to predict every possible scenario and outcome to everything. The first suggestion I have is that you should never, ever talk to people during rescue missions."

"What, why ever not?"

"Your accent, it can be traced back to here. David has even told me about software that can match voiceprints, and that soon we could be identified by our voices, like DNA, so no talking. I have tried to find a way of disguising your voice, I even contemplated that you should try and change your voice. But it would be safer if you just did not talk."

"What about the last 5 years I have spent studying foreign languages?" I asked.

"It will be useful if we get business clients from abroad, Paris is the capital of fashion you know. But at least if foreign people talk to you, for instance tell you important information, you can understand them and nod and such in reply."

"Ok, if you think it is the right, then I will agree to that."

"Now back to your costume. I said protection is the primary key, but comfort is next, then finally style and color. So let me introduce you to your new costume and then I will explain the extra features." She took me upstairs to her design room. On a table, was a suit bag, a large rectangle box and a hatbox? She opened the large box first, removing a pair of very white boots. They were army style, large tread and went up about 6 inches above the ankle. "These are your boots obviously; nothing special about them, except they are expensive, very comfortable, and durable and I have a hundred on order if the fit is ok. They are not specially ordered or anything. I have placed the order for them through our shop, so people will just think I am going to sell them."

"Our shop, we have a shop?" She really had planned a lot.

"Not yet, but I have found a suitable place in town. We should have the keys very soon."

"I suppose you need somewhere to sell your designs. I have to say I am shocked, you are just so smart and amazing."

"Not just a pretty face, I am just glad I took business studies. I start hiring soon for shop assistants, machinists, a maintenance person, an accountant, and a few assistant managers to help run the floor and shop. I will deal with designs and if you want, you could be our Human Relations manager." Melissa was definitely the brains of the operation, and she has so far performed her duties with nothing but great judgment, smart thinking, planning and a determination to help fulfill my destiny. I was so happy.

"You are greatest person I have ever known, you are simply too amazing for words." I hugged her but she quickly pulled away with a grin.

"Starting a business is nothing, creating your costume was the hardest and most joyous thing I have ever done. It will be my greatest achievement. It is just a shame nobody will know I designed it. Once people see it, they will be amazed. I have spent 3 years trying to design it. But I have finally finished it and I really hope you will love it." She unzipped the bag and when I first saw it I had to sit down, it was the most amazing thing I had ever seen. Now I know you all know what it looks like; there is even a picture of me on the front cover wearing it. However, when I first saw it, words escaped me, almost.

"I'm truly stunned, you imagination has created something truly amazing and beautiful. I doubt even the best designers in the world could have created something so unique. I would never have envisioned wearing anything like it, but I will wear it with so much pride. You have a wonderful talent, I am sure you will be a famous fashion designer very soon."

"Well, I don't know about that, but I am glad you like it. I am amazed you did not guess I would do this, you know how forthright I am. I swore blind you would sneak a peak. Still your reaction really proves your excitement over it. So you really don't mind wearing it." I shook my head as I approached her to get a closer look. It felt like silk when I first touched it. The whole outfit was white. It was a full body suit, quite thick but it looked almost skin-tight. It may not be special to anyone else, but to me it was something to take special pride of, Melissa had done a wonderful job. When I turn up at a rescue, I know people perceive it as a symbol of good, with the shear whiteness of it. That was Melissa's idea; she wanted something that would instill positive feelings in people.

"I call it the Guardian Angel. You see pictures of angels, and there is always a bright white light surrounding them. I could not do that, but I figured a white suit would offer the same effect. People need to see the good in you; dark colors would have given people the wrong impression. In addition, this baby is packed with goodies. Would you please try it on?"

"Now?"

"Please, if I see you in the entire costume, I will know I was right, and then I can explain the extras." I nodded. "Great. So just strip to your bra and panties, you can still wear them under this." I did as she asked. She unzipped the front; the zip is very well concealed. The inside had a very soft fleece lining. I stepped into the legs and put my arms in. Melissa helped put it into place then zipped the front. It zipped to just above my breasts, while the lining covered my neck. It was extremely comfortable, my movements were not hindered too much, I could still move easily. It was quite snug and warm, and it was getting warmer quickly. Melissa smiled as she stepped back to get a good look at me. Next, she again reached into the large box and pulled out some thick socks. She gave them to me along with the boots. I sat down again and bent over, and as I said, the suit moved quite well. The socks worked well with boots, the boots were a size bigger than normal, but the socks helped them fit snuggly. I covered the top half of the boot with my suit, and then stood up to feel how comfortable my feet were. She again returned to the box and removed a pair of white gloves and a belt. She gave me the gloves and I put them on, they were lined with thermal material, but outside they were the same material as the suit. She next helped put the belt on. It did not go through any hoops; it just hung loose around my waist. She clicked the belt, then there was a bit of fiddling and then she stepped back again.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.