Superlove - the White Angel's Autobiography - Cover

Superlove - the White Angel's Autobiography

Copyright© 2009 by A P Gilmore

Chapter 5

The next morning I awoke feeling very happy. Melissa was still my friend and was still asleep next to me. I got out of bed and opened the curtains. The sun was shining, my head was feeling better and I felt great, good to be alive. Melissa's easy acceptance and friendship had helped a lot. Maybe it was a gift; maybe soon I would get another vision and help those in need. Those two girls could have died, and I had saved them, and even though I did feel like a freak, I had done something good. I had saved my best friend, although I had almost killed the boy that was attacking her. So now that I was feeling so much better, I was very positive about my strange new abilities. Additionally, with Melissa's help and support, maybe one day I would be able to control whatever power I had.

Melissa eventually woke up and we decided to get dressed and go for a walk. First, we had breakfast and both mum and dad were glad to see us both smiling. I explained that things were ok now and that we both had a good chat, that we were able to help each other. We decided to walk to the park and talk.

"Why don't we find a good hiding place in the forest and you could practice your power, maybe show me what else you can do?" asked Melissa.

"Even though I feel much better, I think I really need to rest. After 3 days of forced sleep, my brain is definitely telling me I have done too much too soon."

"I can understand that. So let us talk theory. Try and find out what you can and can't do."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I've been thinking about everything you have told me and tried to understand your power better. If you can move a boy 20 feet, fast, then you certainly have no limitations that I can think off, except it appears the more power you need, the strain is more apparent, as is the more sleep you need."

"You have a point, but I am sure that if Ryan was attacking me, and I let my instinct force him off me, it would have not required me to be in a coma for 3 days."

"So if instinct does all the work, you are fine, but when you try and force it, then you have problems."

"Yes. At this point I am not sure what to do."

"Well it's a good job you have me, Lucky you might say." she sniggered.

"Stop that right now. Only dad gets to call me that." I told her, bumping her shoulder playfully

"Ok. Firstly I think it might be a good idea to clarify a few things."

"Like what?"

"Have you handled any radioactive material or have you been bitten by some strange creature or animal."

"Funny, but no."

"Ok it is safe to assume, that this power is a natural occurrence and most probably you have had it since you were born, but maybe now that you are older, your abilities have begun to become conscious. Your power is a part of your brains, natural development."

"What makes you think that?"

"Everybody agrees that a child learns and develops better than adults do. So maybe if you were 12 and discovered this power, it may have been easier to control. But as you get older and approach adulthood, it gets harder and more painful."

"That certainly helps." I said sarcastically.

"Just let me finish. When your brain does things by instinct, it doesn't hurt, right?"

"Right, and when it is forced, it does."

"Ok, we have that established. Now when you stopped that car, did it hurt?"

"No, I wasn't even tired really, shocked, but nothing like what I have felt."

"A car ways over a ton, and you stopped it dead."

"But stopping is easier than moving."

"Yes, but stopping a ton car, cannot be that easy. So your instinct or subconscious has already got full control of your powers. It would definitely confirm you have had this power all your life. It has developed too powerfully, to be something recent. In addition, you are able to see into the future. If I understand it correctly, since your life was in danger, and you needed to stop the car to survive, your subconscious abilities have now begun to show themselves consciously. Like when it saw the girls in trouble, it knew you would want to save them. Therefore, the subconscious part of your brain sent a quick message to the conscious part, for you to move your body in front of the danger, and stop the glass. You said that you can stop two objects at the same time. How many pieces of glass were there?"

"A lot. So do you think it will get easier over time?"

"This is all new to both us, uncharted territory for anyone, so we are talking theory here. Therefore, I agree with you, that it is a good idea for you to stop, for now. I think that slowly your powers will overtime become more conscious. I believe the pain in your head, is your brain saying you are pushing it. Not to sound too scientific, but your neural pathways are adjusting themselves, so that you will soon have the conscious ability to control your subconscious powers. So for now try not to force the information to come, let your brain cope as it adjusts. Very soon I think, your can control this power that has remained dormant and hidden, you just need to let the process work at it's own pace."

"That is what I think is happening too. My belief is that if I just do nothing for the next month, no moving things, not even the light switch, afterwards we can start testing again. Depending on the pain or strain I feel, it should clue me into how long I will need to wait before I have a chance to have full control. So what next or is that it?"

"Remember I am no expert. Although so far, we both seem to be on the same page."

"Agreed, and to have you trying to help me figure my powers out, is just the best thing you could be doing for me. I do feel somewhat freakish about this, who wouldn't? I have this fear that if I do not gain complete control soon, it could be hazardous to be around people, especially if I get angry. This is not normal is it, how many other people have had the power to see into the future or move objects with their mind."

"Or fly. Still we do have psychics, and who knows? They may actually be people like you who can do these things. However, you have something they do not, control. It may be limited now, but we have seen just how much power you have. Their maybe somebody who could move a light switch with just their mind, but how many could stop a moving car?" I had listened, but something just struck me as odd.

"What do you mean fly?"

"You know fly, zoom around, like a bird, but more like they do in comics. Actually that might be a good idea, maybe read some comics, see if there is someone who has your power."

"I can't fly, plus I am scared of heights."

"You are only scared of heights since you fell out of that tree." At that moment a memory of the event Melissa was talking about, popped into my head, and I was shocked by what I had remembered. It had already happened to me.

"I think I've just remembered something."

"What?" Before I could answer, I sensed trouble, my instinct advising me to hide. I stopped walking and looked around. I quickly stopped Melissa and jumped over a fence into someone's garden. Melissa understood what was happening and joined me. The garden had some rose bushes, so, apart from a few thorns that my sleeve caught on, they would be good camouflage to hide us both. "What's happening?" whispered Melissa.

"I don't know, but we are definitely safe for now, I think we should stay hidden for a few minutes." Melissa nodded, both of us peaking through the bushes and fence to see if we could see anything. I knew I should not try to think about why I was doing this and let instinct take over. Nevertheless, while we were safe I tried to see what it was we were hiding from? I tried to relax and then closed my eyes, and there it was. Just for a second I got a flash of the image that was warning me to hide. "It's the other Terrence Street Boy, the one that wasn't with us that night. I did wonder about the third one. He is coming down the road; I think he is looking for us." Even though I had said, I would not use my powers. I also believed that when it was needed, using them very occasionally would not be too strenuous.

"Where is he?" I pointed over the road at an alleyway between two houses. We watched and a minute later, we both saw him approach. We tried to stay as still as possible, all the while still maintaining eye contact with him. We watched as he walked towards the park, and once he had a look around for a few minutes, he returning to the alleyway. Melissa was about to stand up, but I got another warning, and grabbed her, pulling her back down, just as he decided to turn around and come back and head down the same road, we had just come from. "Is it safe now?" I gave it another minute then slowly began to stand; I felt we were safe now, so gave Melissa a hand up. "Was he looking for us? I guess you didn't see everything that was going to happen?"

"I did, for a second. I do not think he was going to harm us; it just seemed he wanted answers, about what happened to his friends. He appeared to be very angry and was shouting at us."

"How do you feel?"

"Still ok, it was very easy this time; I think that we are correct in assuming it will get easier. I just need to give my brain time to develop, while gaining some practice."

"I think we should stick close together from now on, especially when we go out, you can warn me which boys to avoid for dates." she said, which made me laugh. I could not believe how she was adapting so quickly to my situation. She seemed to have a better understanding of my powers than I did.

"Ok, I think we should get out of this garden and maybe we should go to your house." We went down the alleyway the boy had come from, and went to Melissa's, without further trouble. I said hello to Melissa's parents, who both hugged and thanked me for helping Melissa. They offered to make me dinner and her mum made us both a milkshake. Eventually Melissa and I went to Melissa's room and sat together on her bed. "So back to what you said about remembering something."

"Oh yes, I almost forgot about that. Although firstly, you said I could fly, what did you mean?"

"Well to me it would be flying, if I saw you in the sky, but to you, it would be moving your own body to points in the sky."

"So are you saying that I have the power to not only move any object, but myself as well?"

"Again it is a theory, but if you can move Ryan, then you should be able to move yourself at some point. It is all about concentration and practice. Still it should be possible. So has this got something to do with what you were about to say?" she asked, still intrigued.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.