Superlove - the White Angel's Autobiography - Cover

Superlove - the White Angel's Autobiography

Copyright© 2009 by A P Gilmore

Prologue

The first time I flew was both exhilarating and scary. Although flew is not really the correct term I would use. What I had done was to rise above the ground a few feet. I merely used my mind to move my body. I could have gone higher, but I was scared of heights at the time. In addition, I did not want to attract too much attention, even if I was in middle of a forest, miles from anywhere.

My name is Sophie Reynolds and I have a big secret. Most people would say they have big secrets, but mine is a secret, that the whole world wants to know. Bigger than the one about who really shot JFK. If you are reading this book, then not only are you interested in my story, but you are also expecting to find out whom I really am. That is not going to happen. In fact, Sophie Reynolds does not even exist; it is a name I made up, in part. However, this book does try to answer many of your questions, except the big one, my identity.

My life changed and truly started when I was 16. It began one day after school, as I was walking home. While crossing a busy road, I tripped over my feet and fell. I was young and foolish and tried to play chicken with a car, by running across the road, rather than waiting. I thought I was fast enough to beat the car, before it hit me. I was wrong. I fell into the path of the oncoming car, when it was only a few feet from hitting me. My eyes closed, I prayed, awaiting the impact and my very painful and very imminent death. After a minute, shock had set in and still nothing had happened. I peeked out of my right eye, to see the car directly in front of me. It had just stopped dead, a few inches from my face. I looked around seeing people, some seemed in shock. I decided to get up and run home as fast as I can.

When I arrived home, I ran straight upstairs to my room. I was in shock, scared and had wet myself. I went to my chest of draws, and picked out some clean underwear and my nightclothes, and then left for a shower. It was only just after five, but once I was ready for bed, I slipped under my sheets and tried to sleep. My mum came into my room about six, to check on me. I explained I was feeling sick and just needed to rest. While I tried to sleep, my mind went over what almost happened to me, but even worse, what did not. That car should have hit me. Even I knew it was impossible for that car to have stopped so quickly. I do not even think I remember hearing the breaks squeal. Add to that, the crowds shocked reaction; I knew they could not understand it either.

Weeks passed, I had not mentioned the incident to anyone, not even my parents or my best friend. I had blocked the whole incident from my mind, it was too difficult to comprehend, and I was still in shock. I received a few odd looks from some of the other kids at school, but eventually things did return to normal. Even though I had tried to forget about the car, it was on a Thursday afternoon, during school, that things slowly became clear to me concerning what had happened.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.