The Occasional Mind Reader - Cover

The Occasional Mind Reader

Copyright© 2009 by Cold Creek

Chapter 9

The alarm buzzed them awake at six and Brian reached over blindly to find and hit the off button at the side. Heather stirred for a bit beside him as he struggled to shut it off and then went back to sleep as he slipped out of bed and went into the washroom. Brian couldn't believe his good luck this week he thought as he went through his morning routine. The potential money was nice but to have Heather here with him was the real treasure in his mind.

Brian finished with his shower and got dressed in some sweats. He got out the coffee machine that he had never used and the coffee can that had never been opened. After reading the instructions carefully, and finding the small pack of filters that came with the box, he got the machine brewing a two cup pot of coffee for her. Brian hoped it would taste ok as he found a mug and some sugar for her and placed it by the machine.

Not knowing if the plane would have breakfast available, he got out the toaster and bread just in case Heather would want some. He usually didn't have breakfast in the morning as he usually left too early to eat. Brian wasn't sure how long he should let her sleep but he knew women needed much longer to get ready than he did. He waited as long as her could before going in to nudge her awake.

"Heather, it's time to wake up honey" he said as he rubbed her arm.

"Go away, I need another hour" she mumbled.

"The plane will be gone by then dear" he replied.

"It's your plane Brian, they will leave when we get there" she replied.

"And then my Mom will have to wait for us. Come on, I made some coffee for you, what do you take in it" he asked.

"I take it black with two sugars. I hope you're not this cheerful every morning Brian, this could ruin a beautiful friendship" she replied still peeved as she opened her eyes. "God, it's still dark outside; what the hell time is it?"

"Just before seven dear" Brian replied cheerfully. "I'll go get you a cup of coffee. Would you like some toast?"

"No, just the coffee you brute" she said as she sat up.

"You look beautiful this morning" he replied as he walked out of the room.

"Have you been drinking already?" she shouted at his back.

Brian chuckled as he got the coffee ready for her. They definitely would have to avoid each other for at least one cup of coffee in the morning. He did his best work in the morning and couldn't stand the taste of coffee anyway. She looked like she was a two cup minimum morning hating woman, who probably never got up before eight o'clock, if not later.

He walked back to the bedroom to give her the cup. She was still sitting on the bed with her eyes closed and the blankets wrapped around her. Brian held the cup close to her to let her smell the coffee. After a few seconds she opened her eyes and looked at the coffee and slowly reached for it. She took a sip while looking at his smiling face.

"We are going to have to discuss your appalling lack of consideration for your new girlfriend and your damn cheerfulness this morning Brian" she said before taking another sip. "At least you can make a decent cup of coffee."

"It's my first one actually. Someone gave me a coffee machine but I've never used it. I'm glad you like it. So, I put a couple of towels and a washcloth in the washroom, as well as your make-up bag, so why don't you hop in there and wake yourself up with a nice hot shower" he suggested with a smile.

She looked up at him balefully and replied "I'm going to regret moving in with you aren't I?"

"You might if you don't get moving soon, I'm sure the plane has a few beautiful women stewardesses that will try to tempt me with their feminine wiles" he said with a chuckle.

"I'll make them regret it if they try" she replied in a huff as she stood up. "Fine, you got me up, now go be cheerful somewhere else for a while."

"Yes Ma'am" he said as he first gazed at her lovely body, covered in just a short camisole and a thong. He slowly walked out of the bedroom backwards as he stared at her until he hit the doorjamb with his shoulder.

She looked at him with a frown and said "Watch where you're going doofus" while shaking her head.

Brian just smiled and turned around, before going back into the kitchen to put away the bread and toaster and then did a mental checklist of things that needed to be taken care of while he was gone. He checked the bills and they were good for a while and the mail shouldn't pile up to much.

Brian went into the living room and turned on the TV to check out the weather channel. It looked like rain for the morning at least but New York looked good for most of the day. Brian heard Heather in the shower and smiled, a woman was taking a shower in his apartment, a dream come true for him. He decided to see what she was thinking and found her mind.

"I would have to hook up with a damn morning person. I haven't been up this early since that accounting final. At least he had coffee ready. He is really a sweetheart. Ok, let's get busy or you're going to look like death warmed over compared to those stewardesses. He's right about those vultures, and he's a little too inexperienced to fend them off. I've have to wear something to remind him who he's with and who he spent the night in bed with.

Speaking of last night that was a good night wasn't it? He certainly had me going with those magic fingers of his. I hope he enjoyed it too — oh shit, I didn't take care of him after he gave me that nice one. I acted just like a man and fell asleep on him. He must have had blue balls for sure. Girl, that's not how you keep a man happy and loyal. I don't have time to take care of him before we leave, maybe the airplane with a little mile high action perhaps? No, that's probably not a good idea with the crew and his mom on board. Well tonight for sure girl, I'd better let him know this morning and be more cheerful. With everything going on I have to make sure he knows he doesn't have to look elsewhere."

Brian was a bit surprised at her thoughts, even a beauty like Heather thought she had to take care of him or he would dump her for another girl. He had wanted her for so long and so badly that he knew he wouldn't stray but she wasn't prepared to take that chance. He wouldn't mind her attempts to convince him not to stray, he thought with a smile.

He switched over to the news channel and listened to their stock market expert go through his spiel on what he thought would happen today. Brian had never spent much time learning about stocks or how to trade them, but he might have to learn quickly if the fund had investments in companies or stocks.

Heather came out of the shower and went into the bedroom with her hair wrapped in a towel and the second one was wrapped around her body. She was carrying her coffee in her hand and her clothes in the other as she paused in the doorway.

"Hi Sweetie, sorry I was so crabby earlier, I guess you can tell I'm not a morning person" she said with a smile.

"No problem dear, sorry I'm so cheerful in the morning. I'll try to tone it down in the future" he replied with a grin. "Can I get you another cup of coffee?"

"Sure, that would be great" she answered

He stood up and came over to her. She, instead of handing him her cup, wrapped him up in her arms and gave him a big kiss.

"Hey, I'm sorry for falling asleep on you last night Sweetie. It was a long day and you made me feel so good and so relaxed afterwards, I just zonked out on you. I promise to make it up to you tonight ok?" she asked with her puppy eyes.

"No need to apologize Heather, I enjoyed last night very much so you don't owe me anything. Now, let me get you another coffee while you get dressed. The car will be here soon" he said.

"Ok Brian thanks" she said as she handed him her cup. He filled it up, put the sugar in and brought it to her in the bedroom. She had on a new pair of panties and was putting on a bra when he came in and saw her.

"Oh, sorry I didn't knock" Brian said as he turned around. "Here's your coffee."

"Sweetie, it's ok to look at me, you did more than look last night" she said laughing.

"I guess, sorry, it's all new for me" he responded as he turned around. "God, you're beautiful."

She had stopped putting on her bra so he stared at her perfect breasts and then down at the rest of her splendid body.

"Thank you Sweetie, I'm glad you like the view. Now, either you come over here and keep me warm or I'm going to get dressed" she said with a smile.

Brian put her coffee down on the dresser and walked over to wrap her up in his arms as he gave her a passionate kiss. His hands rubbed her back from the top all the way down to her ass, trying to feel all of her. He cupped her ass and pulled her tight to him before regrettably stepping back and letting her go.

"That should keep you warm for a few minutes while you get dressed dear" he said grinning.

You heartless brute" Heather replied. "Get me going and then leave me freezing in this arctic wilderness."

"If you don't get dressed you'll miss the last plane out of here dear" he told her.

He watched as she quickly put on her bra and slipped into a sophisticated sexy dress.

"Normally I would say it's a crime to cover up a body like that, but now you look elegant and sexy, on top of beautiful" Brian said in awe.

"Sweetie, you can keep those compliments coming anytime you feel like it" she said. "Let me put on a bit of war paint and I'll be set to go in five minutes. You might want to get into something a bit dressier yourself."

"I was just about to when a Goddess captured my attention" he answered while turning to his closet and pulling off his shirt.

He grabbed a dress shirt and put it on before pulling off his sweats and getting into a pair of slacks. He slipped on a pair of black socks and dress shoes and he was all set to go. Heather was in the bathroom putting on some eyeliner as he passed.

"Looking good there Sweetie. I'm almost done here and then this can go in my suitcase" she let him know.

"Ok honey, the car should be here any minute" he replied.

He leaned on the doorjamb and watched her put on the rest of her makeup. She finished with her lipstick and then packed up her stuff and handed him the kit.

"While are you smiling like that?" she asked.

"I haven't seen a woman do that since I was a little kid, watching my Mom do it before a date with my Dad. I'm experiencing a lot of new things in the last week or so and I guess I'm pretty happy about it" he told her.

"You're such a doofus" she said with a grin. "Now go and put that away so I can have some privacy or you might not like this new experience!"

"Oh sorry" he said as he closed the door. He put her makeup in the suitcase and zipped it up.

The buzzer rang and he answered it with a "Hello"

"Mr. Trainer, your limo is here. Do you need help with your bags Sir?" the man's voice asked.

"No thank you, we can manage. We'll be down shortly" he answered.

"Yes Sir" was the reply.

Heather came out and put on a pair of modest heels and grabbed one of the suitcases and the carry-on. Brian picked up the other two and they headed out the door. Brian checked his mail but left it there when it was just a bill. The driver, a short stocky man dressed in a typical black suit, was waiting patiently in the alcove. Brian opened the door and the driver spoke up.

"Mr. Trainer?" he asked.

"Yes, and you are?" Brian asked.

"My name is Henry Sir, good to meet you. May I take your bags?" Henry asked.

"Please take Miss Simon's, she will be joining us Henry" he replied.

"Yes Sir. Miss Simon if I may?" Henry asked as he reached for her bags.

"Thank you Henry" she replied. They walked to the back of the limo and Henry put his two in and then took the other two from Brian.

Brian went and opened the back door and helped Heather in and then slid in beside her. Henry quickly came over and helped shut the door before walking around to the driver's door and getting in.

"Are there any other stops you wish us to make before going to the airport Sir?" Henry asked.

"No Henry, straight to the airport is fine thank you" Brian replied.

"Yes Sir. Please just sit back and relax and we'll be there in about fifteen minutes" he said before closing the divider between them.

"So have you ridden in a limo before Heather?" Brian asked.

"A few times, two proms and as a bridesmaid at my cousin's wedding. Once more when my Dad had one for some clients and he came around and got us afterwards" she said.

"Well this is a first for me. It's a nice ride but a little too fancy for my tastes" he told her.

"Well, you better get used to them, that's what you're going to be using in New York" she said.

"Great" he muttered.

Brian read Henry's mind to pass the time as he sat back.

"That dude seems to have it all, a gorgeous lady and he must have big bucks to be meeting a private plane. Some guys have all the luck. Well, at least he's not an ass like most of those rich dudes are. I was surprised when they carried their own bags down from their apartment, let alone to the car. Shit I couldn't get over fast enough to open the door for the foxy lady. Ok man, pay attention to the road or we won't get to the airport!"

Pretty typical of most people's thoughts Brian figured. He would have felt the same if he had to do the same job a week ago. He looked over at Heather and had to agree he had a foxy lady. She saw him looking at him and smiled.

"You ready for this Brian? It's going to be a big change for you" she asked.

"No, I'm not but I'll muddle through it, with you at my side" he responded.

"Doofus" she said with a grin.

"Yes dear" he answered as he grinned back.

The exited the highway and entered the Metro airport complex. Henry drove by the public terminals and pulled up to a security gate at a private hanger. Henry opened his window and told them who they were. The dividing window was lowered.

"Mr. Trainer, Miss Simons, I'm afraid you must show this guard identification or they won't allow us in. New security rules I'm afraid" Henry informed them.

"No problem Henry" Brian answered.

"Good. I'll open the back window then" he replied.

Heather's window slid down and the guard asked to see their ids. They showed him their driver's licence and birth certificates. He examined them and then gave them back and let them through.

Henry drove to a jet parked on the tarmac in front of a hanger. It looked sleek and in good shape with wing tips bent up and a G200 in large letters on the tail. They could hear the engines running through the closed windows.

"Wow, that's a nice looking jet" Brian exclaimed.

"I'd have to agree with you there Brian" Heather said.

"I'm waiting for it to pull away with an old prop plane sitting behind it and Henry points at it and says, No sir, this is your plane" Brian said to her.

"Now that would be funny" she said laughing.

Henry had her door open and she got out. Brian got out by himself on the other side and moved to the trunk. He got two of the bags out while Henry grabbed the other two and they carried them to the stairs leading up to the plane.

"Henry, thank you for the fine service this morning" Brian said as he gave him a twenty as a tip.

"Thank you Sir, it was a pleasure. Have a nice trip" Henry replied before walking away.

They each grabbed two bags and went up the stairs and entered the plane. They entered a small alcove with a small galley across from the door and an open curtain on the left, with two men sitting in the pilot seats. A door to the right was also open and they could look into the luxurious cabin with seating for about eight to ten people. There was a door in the middle of the back wall panelling, probably for the washroom.

"Good morning gentlemen, how are you this morning?" Brian asked the pilots.

They turned around in their seats and greeted them.

"Good morning!" said the older one in the left chair with a smile. "Mr. Trainer I presume?"

"Yes, and this is Miss Simon" Brian replied.

"It's a pleasure to meet you both. My name is George and this sorry looking excuse of a co-pilot is Sam" the pilot said as Sam grinned and waved. "April is back in the washroom and will join us in a minute."

A beautiful tall red headed young woman in a blouse and skirt came out of the back door and walked gracefully up to greet them.

"April, this is Mr. Trainer and Miss Simon; folks this is April, our new hostess for our inaugural trip" George said, making the introductions.

"Good morning Mr. Trainer and Miss Simon. It's a pleasure to meet both of you" April said in a sweet voice.

"Nice to meet you too April" Brian said.

"We can store your bags for you in the cupboard here" April informed them. "Is there is anything you need from your bags during the flight before we stow them?"

"I'll grab my laptop. Heather, do you have anything you need?" he asked.

"I'll grab a book from mine" she answered.

Brian crouched down and got the laptop out of the suitcase while Heather got her book and then the April put the bags away in a cupboard.

"Do you two know if there any more passengers joining us? We were told that there could be a few others" George asked.

"We're it from here. We're picking up one more in Traverse City" Brian said.

"Ok thanks. I'll let the tower know we're ready to go and we should be moving to the runway in about five minutes" George let them know. "April, please get them seated and Sam will get the door shut."

"Yes Sir" April replied. "Mr Trainer, Miss Simon, if you would follow me, I'll get you seated and buckled in."

They followed her into the cabin. It was laid out with a total of 8 single leather seats, four on either side of the wide aisle; plus a three seat divan or lounger near the back. The single seats were grouped in pairs facing each other with a table between them, with space between the pairs. Everything reeked of class and sophistication.

"Please sit where you like and buckle up while we take off. Can I get either of you something to eat or drink before we take off?" April asked with a smile.

"A diet coke would be nice April" Brian replied. "Heather?"

"An orange juice if you have it" she added to the order.

"I'll be right back with the both of them" April told them before walking back to the front.

They sat down at a set of seats and buckled the seatbelts. Heather looked over at Brian who was turning on his laptop. She said casually "Wow, April is gorgeous Brian, I'm surprised you're not drooling."

"She's got nothing on you dear" he replied as he looked up at her with a smile. "You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen my dear."

"Thank you Sweetie, but she's just as pretty as I am" Heather said.

"So, she's not the one I spent the night last" Brian replied. "I do believe only one girl on this plane here promised to rock my world tonight."

"She did? What a little hussy!" Heather said with a grin.

April came back with his diet coke and a glass of ice as well as Heather's glass of orange juice as Sam closed the cabin door.

"Can I get you anything else before we take off" she asked.

"No, I think we are good for now April, thanks" Brian said.

Brian watched as she walked back with a model's grace.

"Quit staring at her butt" Heather said with an elbow in his ribs.

"Well, you have to admit, it is a cute one, almost as nice as yours" Brian replied with a grin.

"Doofus" she replied. "Try and be a bit discrete about it Brian."

"Yes dear" he replied.

The seats swivelled so you could turn them to face the front or the back. Heather had her back to the cockpit while Brian was facing it. He saw April securing everything and then pull the cockpit curtain shut before coming into the cabin and shutting that door as well.

"Mr. Trainer, Miss Simon, this plane doesn't have a seat for the hostess in the galley area. I'm afraid I have to sit in the cabin while we take off. I'll sit in the back so as not to disturb you" April explained apologetically.

"Nonsense April, you can sit right there and we can talk while Brian here plays with his laptop" Heather said, indicating the closest seat to her across the aisle.

"Are you sure Miss Simon? I don't want to bother either of you" April said, looking worried.

"Of course I'm sure and please call me Heather. So George said you are new. Does that mean new to the plane, new to being a hostess or what?" she asked.

April sat down and buckled in and then swivelled the chair to point to Heather. Heather saw what she did and emulated her actions.

April smiled at her and said "I'm new to everything. Miss Burns called up the modelling agency a couple of days ago and asked for a model to be a hostess for whenever this plane would be flying. I'm still pretty new at the agency and haven't had many assignments so when they asked me I accepted. It's really expensive in New York so this will pay some bills and let me see some new places while still letting me model when the plane isn't busy."

"I thought you could be a model, you carry yourself like one and you're gorgeous enough. I love your outfit, did you pick it out or did Miss Burns provide it for you?"

"She just told me to dress to impress. I hope it's ok?" she asked, sounding a bit worried.

"Don't worry April; I'm sure Brian doesn't mind looking at you like that. He'll probably make it your standard uniform" Heather said with a laugh.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.