Act of War S.O.S. Book 2 - Cover

Act of War S.O.S. Book 2

Copyright© 2009 by dak

Chapter 17

Proxima Centauri

The human fleet had been destroyed, they had put up a strong fight, using all its resources it had taken 2 days of fighting but in the end the alien fleet had only been reduced to 1400 ships, they were beginning to move in to attack and destroy the colony, at fleet HQ it was chaos, no one knew what to do, the colony was about to fall.

There was no other alarm that could go off as all were already blaring, in the streets of the colony the citizens watched the sky as the alien fleet came to with in bombardment range, there was no where to go, no place to run to, all was soon to be lost.

Than the Wormholes began to open, the first ship through the wormhole was the U.S.S. Intrepid, the giant colony ship was legend, lost to deep space long ago, the next ship was the U.S.S. Dauntless, followed shortly after by the U.S.S. Intrepid II, and several thousand more battleships began to exit the wormholes, In all 3600 ships poured through into the space around the colony, the battle was one.

The intrepid lead the charge into the alien fleet, all the ships opened up on each other, it was total chaos, through out space, the 2nd largest space battles in human history was taking place over the colony of Proxima Centauri.

.

.

.

Giant Wormhole where Intrepid colony once was.

The alien fleet continued to grow, more and more ships poured out of the massive wormhole, the alien was pleased with its progress it had already reached over a million ships, it would conquer this universe soon enough.

Than the worm holes started to open, in every direction, its gravitational sensors had no idea what was happening, it sensed the arrival of an armada to equal its own, it sensed humans everywhere, more humans than it had ever encountered in its long life, the ships ranged in all designs, ships it had faced on more than one occasion, Earth Government Ships, Colonial ships, the strange Hybrid ships, ships that it had never seen.

It saw several hundred Intrepid colony ships, several hundred Dauntless battleships, its mind was reeling at what this could all mean, than one voice echoed through its head.

"We shall see who dies now Fucker." Captain Anthony Taylor said.

.

.

.

Two days early.

"My idea is simple, I saw in its memory, I saw what it fears, it is terrified that it can not reach this section of what it called the "multi-verse" the reason it can't is because there are thousands of us out there actively trying to stop it, thousands of Intrepids, thousands of the dauntless" I said.

I saw Jacobs and Jan looking extremely interested at that.

"With Janus's help I can reach out to them, I saw how to do it, I saw where they are, we can go to each dimension, we will find ourselves out there, and ask them for help." I said.

I saw the governor nodding slowly.

"Wait, you want to find the other versions of us and ask them to help? Why would they help us?" Jacob said.

I looked him in the eye.

"Jacob if another Jan came to this world and told you she faced the death of her and her people what would you do?" I said.

He looked over at Jan.

"I would help." He said.

I nodded.

"So we will have to work quick, I can get us started, and what we do is we get them to help us recruit more people, we will form an alliance here of mutual aid, once we defeat these aliens we can help them be defeated else where." I said.

The governor was nodding.

"I could see this working." She said.

"Yes, Janus will need to prepare a data packed for the other versions of her, and we can recruit as we go, we need to hurry though, the longer we wait the larger the alien fleet will grow." I said.

"Anthony, you do understand the numbers you are talking about, there could be exponential numbers of ships, there could be thousands of you alone." Janus said.

"Thats what I am counting on." I said.

.

.

.

Two Days Later

.

.

.

Colony ship Indomitable

Janus had built herself one fine ship, it was super massive, the largest ship I had ever heard of, it was more of a small moon than a ship, she had hollowed out a planets moon to make room for the engines and hanger bays that could hold a fleet of ships. It was there escape plan, it was the only way they had to leave, and now she had entrusted me with the largest offense in all of recorded history, I was in the lead of the attack, which called for me to take this ship into the heart of the enemy fleet, and seal the worm hole forever.

I had met 300 versions of myself, ranging from exact copies, to golems, to entirely human versions, all with similar but slightly modified stories of my own. Janus had encountered 42,000 versions of herself, and that number was still growing, it had been decided to act now and let our forces grow as the battle waged, Coral, Jan and the Governor were in charge of reaching out to the other worlds as Jacob, Jan and I fought.

I brought the ship out of the wormhole into the ensuing battlefield, the number of ships on all side amazed me, I could sense the enemy ships, as could exactly 53 versions of me that had the same modifications as I did, they were spread throughout the fleet to give us the most advantage, each one that could would be trying to distract the aliens into confusion.

It seemed to be working as the alien froze for several minutes, the fleet began its attacking, ripping into the alien fleet with everything from Plasma weapons, missiles, fusion missiles, MAC Cannons, rail guns, unmanned drones, alien hybrid fighters, maned fighters and the kitchen sink. It was a truly impressive armada.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.