Act of War S.O.S. Book 2 - Cover

Act of War S.O.S. Book 2

Copyright© 2009 by dak

Chapter 16

Deep space.

I was ravenous, I couldn't describe it as anything other than that, I had the need to spread and devour all that I encountered. I saw myself spread across one galaxy after another in a series of endless conquest, I needed to spread, I needed to consume, I needed to destroy. I watched as one world after another fell to my endless expansion, I watched as one race after another was laid waste at my hand, and with each one my strength grew, and for a brief time I was satisfied.

In time however the hunger would come again and I would need to spread out, I saw the universe through alien eyes, I saw the endless possibility of where I could go, so many parallel worlds that I could expand forever with my wormhole technology I would never be with out a place to expand. I watched as my mind grew throughout all the realms, I was a cleansing fire that would devour all life that came in contact with me.

Than there was anger, I had encountered a group of dimensions that resisted my expansion, each time was the same, I encountered the lone ship and it held me back, anger and frustration grew within me, on thousands of occasions I came across them the Intrepid and its offspring, it became the bane of my existence, each world resisted me in innumerable ways. It was as if a whole section of the multi-verse had been walled off from me, blinding rage filled my being, but than something happened, in one of the realms they opened the wormhole for me, they invited me in, and my anger would pour through to that place like no other.

The battle had been strange, I was being attacked by things I could not see, I needed more ships, I could sense humans in the fleet, but they where protected, I could not reach them, I need to destroy them, two ships full fled, but still there was more, the invisible ships attacking me, I could only make out a shadow of life on them, hard to target hard to see, I had to attack them, confusion, something causing confusion.

I roared as two ships of humans left the battle, leaving me with less targets, I lashed out at random at the shadowed ships, I could feel their collective, I had never encountered a race so much like me yet not, anger grew with in me, I destroyed them like I would a human, but than another fleet arrived more of the shadow ships, but than someone was in my mind, someone else was staying my hand, I was losing ships. I fought to regain myself, there was a human mind in my own, how could this be, I had to cut it off.

"I am human, I was born a human and I will die a human." I felt myself think.

"Yess human you will die." I said to myself

Once isolated I was able to cut myself from the human, I needed to find him, strike out and destroy him, I stretched out my mind to the two ships that had fled, I could feel their trail, I could see where there wormholes had originated from, primitive technology, I could reach their home before they even returned, I dispatched 2000 ships to go to their point of origin, I would find that human and kill him.

.

.

.

Proxima Centauri

.

.

.

The wormholes began to open.

2000 of my battleship exited right in the middle of the 2 fleets, I could feel the human life all around, so hungry, my rage would be satisfied, my battleships tore through the flimsy metal of the human ships, their plasma canons melting the hulls of the battleships like they were paper. I felt the joy of extinguishing the human lives. I sensed the large colony behind the fleet, it would take a few hours but I could reach them and devour all that I saw.

"NO!" echoed through my mind.

"What isss thisss?" I raged into my own mind.

"I will not let you destroy them" I said to myself.

No not myself, not myself.

"Human I will find you and kill you." I hissed.

"Not if I can help it." Echoed through my head.

"how are you doing thissss human?" I hissed.

Pain lanced through my head, momentarily my ships were with out my control, I felt several of the human battleships ram my ships taking them with them in their final moments. I Felt the cannons pounding my lead ships, I saw the missiles streak from the colony, I saw the antimatter chargers hit the lead elements of my fleet, in an instant I lost 300 of my 2000 ships.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.