Act of War S.O.S. Book 2 - Cover

Act of War S.O.S. Book 2

Copyright© 2009 by dak

Chapter 13: Flag Ship Vigilance

Janus landed the boarding craft in the flagships hanger bay, she carefully guided it down, once it was on the deck I felt the whole ship rock.

"What happened?" I said.

"We are engaging the enemy." She said flatly.

"How will you stop them?" I asked.

She shook her head as she lowered the ramp.

"We won't, we are not with out plans, but most likely this offense will fail." She said.

"So we need to retreat." I said.

She looked at me.

"We will hold them in the system until our back up gets here." She said.

"how long will that take?" I asked.

"Not long, no point in avoiding the use of wormholes now." She said

"Janus I am sorry, I had no idea when I was here we had those weapons." I said.

She nodded slowly as we walked down the ramp.

"The timeline the intrepid came from was much more advanced, we have an experimental ship in deep space that we have been working on, it has many of the advanced technologies that we recovered from the old civilization." She said.

"Is that what is coming to help?" I said.

"No, that is our last resort ship, if all fails we have a place to go." She said.

"What do you mean?" I said as she walked me through the hanger bay.

"I mean that if we need to flee this universe we will." She said.

She stopped and looked at me.

"Do you think your government is worth saving? They destroyed Earth, they destroyed our home, do you think there is anything there worth saving." She asked me.

The ship rocked under an explosion and she looked up for a second.

"Don't answer me now Captain, if we survive this battle give me your answer, if things go as my projections show we will be leaving, if you have an answer for me I may be inclined to help your people flee." She said.

I stopped and thought about that, she thought we would have to flee this universe, did my colonies deserve a pass to leave, my knee jerk reaction was no, but I had to think about it.

"I have much to do." She gestured to the end of the hanger.

I saw 10 other ships captains with a drone standing guard next to them, I nodded to Janus and walked toward the other prisoners, there where other drones in the hanger bay but they were occupied with launching more of the attack drones, I nodded to the drone guard and stood with them.

"We should try to escape." Said a captain I did not recognize.

"Two things Captain, they understand english, and You didn't see it?" I asked.

"See what?" He asked, sheepishly looking at the drone guarding us.

"We succeed in destroying their home world, and we managed to open a wormhole like the one they warned us about." I said.

Just than the entire ship shook from some kind of impact, I could feel the thud of the ships weapons firing, the same weapons that had torn apart our fleet.

"You mean all that BS that was in your report?" One of the other captains said.

I nodded.

"I saw the fleet emerge from it, over 200,000 ships came out of that thing." I said.

"Well fine maybe these aliens will do us the favor of destroying each other." The same captain that called my report BS said.

"You better hope these people win, if not those things will pour through our galaxy like a plague, I need to find a console." I said to the drone guarding us.

It nodded to me and gestured for us to follow, it walked us to a console the other captains followed me, obviously thinking I knew what I was doing.

"Janus?" I said looking at the drone.

The drone stopped and looked at me, it tilted its head and seemed to think for awhile.

"Sorry Captain, I have lost over a quarter of my processing power I am having difficulties organizing the fleet movements and the evacuations." The drone said in Janus voice.

I heard a captain or two behind me gasp at the drone speaking.

"Janus, I need access to this terminal to get in touch with my fleet." I said.

"I am sorry Captain, but the aliens seem to be targeting your fleet exclusively, I have positioned my ships to take advantage of this, I recommend you tell them to evacuate the area." She said.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.