Act of War S.O.S. Book 2 - Cover

Act of War S.O.S. Book 2

Copyright© 2009 by dak

Chapter 7

The Governors office

The Governor held up her hand to Jacob.

"Explain what you mean Jacob." She said.

Jacob looked at me.

"We first suspected something by his ships registry, Janus went over it with a fine tooth comb, it is a Colonial ship, what ever that means, not Earth gov." He said staring at me.

"So the government made some changes?" Jan said.

Jacob shook his head.

"If that was it I wouldn't be in here, but Janus discovered what they did to the ships A.I." Jacob said.

I didn't understand what he was talking about, I didn't do anything to the A.I.

"Governor, Jan, I did a passive scan of the ship, what I discovered was that the ships A.I. Has been severely crippled." The spider said, it stared at Jan.

"Jan imagine having your full processing abilities strapped with a shock collar and every time you tried to fulfill your functions you where punished, and thats not all they make it do a full system shut down when ever they are not using it." The spider said.

I could see Jan's eyes widen at that, I still didn't get it.

"Um what is the big deal with that, its a machine?" I said.

All eyes and the room shot me dirty looks, I held up my hands in defeat.

"I just mean thats how all A.I.s are treated back home." I said.

I could see Jan's look of disgust.

"Once Janus told me that I authorized her to remove the blocks on his A.I., once that was done he was grateful to answer all our questions, eager for the simple company." Jacob said.

I jumped from my seat.

"How dare you interfere and modify a colonial A.I., that is a crime punishable by death!" I said pointing my finger at him.

He raised his rifle and motion me to sit back down.

"I am not done yet." Jacob said staring at me.

I sat back down.

"From what the A.I. Told us and what I learned from Adam all those years ago, it appears that the Colonies had rebelled once against earth and got defeated. It would seem they rebelled a second time, the A.I. Had no idea what happened to earth, it had no record of it in its nav computer, if Earth is at war with these Colonies than we are at war, he is our enemy." Jacob said.

I noticed Jan and the spider were talking to each other, the Governor sat in her chair, she looked to be thinking.

"Jacob, we discussed we would not interfere with earth politics, we would only offer support if they needed it, if there has been a change of government than nothing has changed." She said calmly.

Jacob looked at her.

"Wenna earth appears to be at war with these people, we have to help them!" Jacob said.

I shook my head.

"You lost." I said quietly.

Every eye turned to me again.

"What?" Jacob said.

"Earth they lost the war, earth gov is no more." I said calmly.

The governor nodded.

"See Jacob, we must deal with this new Government anyway." The governor said.

Jacob was shaking his head.

"What happened to Earth?" He said staring at me.

I Looked at the Governor.

"You wish to negotiate with the Colonial government?" I said.

The Governor looked at me raising an eyebrow.

"What happened to earth?" She said.

"I am not at liberty to discuss any tactical information with the Enemy, if you send me back I can have an ambassador sent." I said trying to keep my cool.

Jacob moved so fast that I didn't even have time to react, he had smacked me with his rifle, I flew out of the chair, rolling to the floor, I tried to stand up to react but I was far to slow, he had me pinned against the wall.

"What happened to my planet." He growled into my face.

I spit the blood from my mouth into his face.

"Your planet got what it deserved, the entire Colonial fleet turned its surface to molten lava, much like we will do to this world and to all you freaks." I said.

I felt his hand closing around my throat, I blacked out.

 Chapter 8

Intrepid Hospital

Intrepid City

I awoke strapped into a gurney, in a hospital gown, I could hear movement around me, the Governor stood over me, she smiled down at me, the smile did not reassure me, I could see her sharp teeth.

"Commander, Jacob and Janus, have recommended I declare ware on the Colonies, you see they dug further into your ships logs, you really should not of hindered your A.I.s in that way, they really can be wonderful allies to you." She said.

I just stared at the celling.

"Commander, I never saw Earth, I know it is my ancestral home, but this planet is my home, this planet is my concern, not what happen to earth, not just that, but I really do want to ensure humanities survival, not just here but in your Colonial government as well." She said.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.