We, the Wall of Us - Cover

We, the Wall of Us

Copyright© 2009 by Crunchy

Chapter 2: Phoenician City-State of Carthage

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 2: Phoenician City-State of Carthage - Little Captain Talus has been separated from the rest of the troupe by a storm. He and the rest of the little sea scouts must make their way to the Gates of Hercules. Meanwhile, John and the rest of the caravan adventure among the Phoenician colonialists who are in our time called Carthaginians.

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Historical   Polygamy/Polyamory   Interracial   Black Female   White Male   Oriental Female   Masturbation   Sex Toys   Bestiality   Squirting   Exhibitionism   Slow  

John felt a sudden chill run through him, as if someone had tread on his grave. It was vague and unspecific, so he ignored it.

The other parents of the sea scouts were also confident in the survival skills of their offspring, having watched them provide scouting duties for the caravan for several years. They had grown to trust Talus's leadership, as Tuk had gradually turned responsibility for the scouts over to him. Talus had proved himself over and over to be fully responsible and was considered an adult by all, despite his lack of years. He was more of a man than many who had the years and growth to be called such. Of course they worried about their children, but were also confident that they would be fine, and reunited eventually.

John used his fishing skills with good effect, and the tiny fleet never lacked for fish, which they dried for storage, ate fresh, and even ate raw with a little vinegar for seasoning. Pickled fish was a staple diet in this era of no freezing or refrigeration. Salt acquired from trading was also used to preserve the fish, and excess fish was put up for trading.

The shares companies were in full gear, making various higher value items from lower value raw materials, and John spent his time making carvings, as that was the best value his time could produce, as well as an enjoyable pastime. Sometimes he would spin yarn for the share company which produced the fine light wool weaving used to make luxurious robes.

The boats joined up each night for protection and because his people enjoyed each other's company, and it was difficult with the separation of John, and Vedeya and Sweetie who traveled with Saka, and Tuk from Saka. John 'made' Zithrusa wear a bikini, and soon it was the style spread to the other wives, to the unspoken appreciation of the males. By now everyone was an accomplished sailor, and knew their jobs well.

Tuk and Saka had been mated truly instead of John's transfer of ownership and hand fasting since several days after the caravan had set up in the castle they rented when first arriving at the seashore. They had grown closer and had become partners and of one mind while building the smaller boat, which was lashed to the sweetie's Perch. John gave himself a wry grin, Sweetie was seldom on her perch, mostly being on the Tuk's Princess with Vedeya and her sword sister Saka.

John separated the three trimarans into six smaller sail boats and three larger ones. None of them would have weathered the storm like this, but John was uncertain whether or not introducing them to the master traders of Phoenicia would alter history enough to cause a paradox, resulting in him vanishing from existence with a sudden 'pop' of displaced air. He was happy enough co-existing in this time and place, that he wasn't willing to chance it.

He was rich enough, and had all the best technology that could be produced in this time, and had no need to risk it all changing the future he was from in order to impress folks he didn't even know. He didn't mind making small changes, like socks, life vests, and kites, but anything which could change the course of civilizations was not in the works.

John had no intention of inventing gun-powder, or artillery, or advanced military tactics, even if he had known how. John was self-effacing, and didn't like to put himself forward, and he wouldn't let even Zithrusa push him into risking his people in a bid to 'take over the world' or become God-Emperor. Those kinds usually ended up being killed by people they had trusted in the end anyway. John would rather just be himself, and do what he could for his own people, and let be if others would.

When it came right down to cases, Zithrusa didn't need to gather status with strangers, either. It was the clans who's opinions mattered to her, and they were long in the distance. She didn't mind her John seeming somewhat less than he was, that way they held surprises in reserve against enemies.


So it was that the three large boats and six smaller boats sailed into the harbor at a small walled town about one hundred miles south of Carthage. They took a small boat in to shore, and a representative from the council of elders met them, and assured them that as long as they were traders, and not invaders or spies, they were welcome to put ashore, and camp in the traders field under the south wall of the town. John mentioned that they had entertainment to share, and this news was received enthusiastically.

The council of elders was mostly comprised of wealthy merchants, who owned most of the lands and whole blocks of houses. The rents they charged were low, and more like taxes than rent, and usually their renters were also their employees and liege men. There was a king, but he dealt with the navy, other city states, and like issues, and didn't concern himself overmuch with traders and shipping, unlike the Persians who used the navy for shipping, or the fleets of merchant ships as a navy, in the name of the Great King.

The show would have been constrained by the lack of the little scouts, so a puppet show was staged instead that evening, and since the word had not spread, the crowd was manageable. No snacks were bartered, and no fee was charged, it was just a free sample of entertainment to get the news of their arrival spread, to get people talking about them.

The next day a silk tent with a booth blocking the front was set up, to protect the goods. The goods were beyond the reach but in view of the trader shoppers who came to see what bargains they might find. Samples only were presented, of amber, turquoise, fine woven robes of silk and wool, socks, dried fish, saffron, dyes, perfumes and a few choice carvings.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.