The Black Rose - Cover

The Black Rose

Copyright© 2009 by Blitzdragoon

Chapter 1: Sabrina

I walked out onto the lawn, ready to go to school. It was a cool morning for mid August, but being that it was August, I wore a light pink T-shirt that said, "Too hot for you to handle", and a pair of jean shorts. I had fixed my hair this morning so that it would be out of my eyes.

As I walked down Oak Drive towards school, I thought to myself about Michael, my boyfriend, and the reason he was treating me more as if I was his sibling instead of his girlfriend.

I was turning onto 3rd street, when a guy on an eighteen-speed bicycle darted out from behind a large sycamore tree and slammed on his brakes, which caused him to flip over his handlebars and landed right on top of me. As he was landing on top of me, his leg caught onto my backpacks strap which caused my backpack to rip open, spilling its contents everywhere onto the ground.

"Ouch, that hurt. Are you ok down there, I'm sorry about that, I didn't see you around the tree and everything." The guy stated.

"You should be watching where you are going next time. You could have seriously killed someone." I said as I stood up dusting myself off, and looked at my brand new backpack, which the contents within were now strewn everywhere.

"Here let me help you." The guy said as he started gathering up my backpack and schoolbooks.

"Thank you very much, but I can do it myself!" I muttered angrily at him as I turned and looked up at him, and into the bluest eyes that I had ever seen in my entire life. There was something about his eyes. They were the kindest eyes I had ever seen, but there was a presence behind them, dark and menacing. As he turned around I lost eye contact with him, I stood there staring blankly at where he had been. Unfortunately, it felt like an eternity to shake it off, so I looked kind of foolish just standing there.

"Here's your stuff, and I'm sorry again about the backpack. Here's some money to replace it." As he hastily handed me two bills and closed my hand around them. "I better get to school before I am late. See ya."

He got onto his bike and peddled off. I watched him go and blinked a few times before it hit me that I would be late too. I knew if I did not run to meet Susan and Michelle that instant, which they would definitely want to hear about my accident, which they would leave me behind, and that just would not do. I looked down in my hand at the cash he had just given me and I realized that he had given me forty dollars, more than twice, what I had paid for the backpack. Who was he anyway? He was not anyone in town that I knew of. Moreover, no one had moved to town recently, at least not that I knew of.


"Did you hear about Marcy getting a Mustang for her birthday?" Michelle said.

"A Mustang, that little priss gets everything. Do you remember what her father gave her last year, a Visa card. A Visa card! Hell, I'm lucky to get a card from my grandparents with five dollars in it" Susan replied.

"Hey guys, wait up!" Sabrina panted as she caught up to them.

"You look like a wreck, what happened to you?" Susan replied.

"And what happened to all your stuff." Michelle commented as she helped grab Sabrina's stuff as it started to fall out of her arms.

"Some guy on a bike practically ran me over. He was nice enough to help me pick up all my books and stuff before he ran off towards the school. He also gave me some money for replacing my new backpack, so all in all he is not a total jerk." Sabrina smiled sheepishly as her and her girlfriends walked to school.

"So who was he?" Susan asked as a bus passed by carrying Michael and Billy. Michelle waved at them both.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.