The Return - Cover

The Return

Copyright© 2009 by davidpaul

Chapter 1

Drama Sex Story: Chapter 1 - The story of a man who returns home to face the demons of the past.

Caution: This Drama Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa  

I know that its evil
I know that its got to be
I know I aint doing much
Doing nothing means a lot to me
Living on a shoe string
A fifty cent millionaire
Open to charity
Rock n roller welfare

Sitting in my cadillac
Listening to my radio
Suzy baby get on in
Tell me where she want to go
Im living in a nightmare
Shes looking like a wet dream
I got myself a cadillac
But I cant afford the gasoline

Ive got holes in my shoes
And Im way overdue
Down payment blues

I switched off the radio, I loved AC/DC especially the Bon Scott era but the song 'Down Payment Blues' was hitting too close to home. Home ... that's where I was headed back to.

Seven years since I left, vowing never to return. I left bitter, broken and angry at the world. I was returning having achieved nothing. In fact I was flat broke, creditors chasing me and only enough left for the petrol to get me home and maybe enough for a few beers.

My name is Rob Green I'm 27 years old, unemployed as of yesterday, returning home in part for my mother's wedding anniversary. I use to stand 6'3" now I am probably 6'2". Why the loss of height? Well let's just say I have a limp and it gets progressively worse throughout the day. I weigh in the neighbourhood of 220 pounds and I'm still in tip top shape thanks to the hours spent in the gym and pool. Never left that habit behind -working out, I was an athlete once with a bright future.

I made it to the outskirts of Iron Plain New South Wales and had to stop the car. I was shaking badly and could feel it coming. The bile rose from my stomach and I vomited on the ground ... yeah it was good to be home.


I pulled into the driveway and my friend Paul and his wife Denise were there to greet me. They were putting me up for a week or so.

"Well, well Rob Green, you made it old mate."

"Hey Paul, Denise." I said with smile

Denise rushed over and gave me a hug and a kiss and Paul shook my hand. They both looked good, marriage suited them.

"Come inside, so good to have you back in Iron Plain Rob. The gang will want to catch up."

"I know Denise, can we wait a bit before you make any calls?"

"Sure good buddy, not a problem." Said Paul taking over the conversation.

Paul is my best friend and probably the only person I keep in touch with. He knows how painful the return to Iron Plain is for me, on so many fronts. Paul showed me to the spare room and I placed my bags on the floor.

"How about a beer old buddy?"

"Sure thing."

Paul grabbed a beer for us each and we sat down on the leather lounge. It was good to be sitting down and not driving.

"I see you still drive your dads' old car."

"Yeah I couldn't part with her."

"Well she is a classic."

"Yep he sure did love that car didn't he?"

"Who wouldn't love a 1971 XY Ford Falcon GT-HO Phase 3?"

"Yeah you're right about that Paul."

Thinking about my dad, I took a long swig of my beer. Only 1 hour back in Iron Plain and already all the old painful feelings were coming back. Thankfully, Denise came back in the room to break up the conversation.

"Say boys, why don't we go out for dinner tonight at the local?"

"Sounds like a plan darling. What do you think Rob?"

"Sure why not. Mind if I have a shower first?"

"Go for it mate, towel is on your bed."


The hot shower was just what I needed to get all the kinks out of my body from the hours of driving. I got out of the shower and changed into a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt. Paul and Denise were patiently waiting for me.

"Let's hit the road then." I said coming down the stairs.


The Commercial Hotel had changed a lot since I last was there. The 'new' owners had established it as a wine bar and restaurant. They had ripped out and sold off the poker machines and their licences. It was still the place to go on Friday night by the look of the crowd.

"Well at least they didn't get rid of the public bar." I said to Paul

"Yeah it's changed a bit since you last wet your whistle here."

We were seated by the host on the outside deck. It was a perfect March evening and quite warm. I settled for a steak dish while Denise and Paul both went for the seafood. The conversation was light and easy and we updated each other on our lives. I didn't give up too much information as I still had some things to work through and decisions to make.

Dinner itself was delightful and well worth the wait. I could see why this was a very popular hotel. The night was going well for me and I didn't see anyone I knew of any consequence, that was until the end of the night as we were leaving. I ran straight into Jenny Taylor or was it Jenny Beasley now?

All colour faded from her face as she recognised me, thankfully the crowd swallowed her up as she was mouthing my name. We all made a hasty retreat and as the car pulled away from the Commercial Hotel. I saw her standing out on the footpath watching us leave.

Iron Plain was a small community where everyone knew everyone else's business. Word would soon spread that Rob Green was back in town. Old grudges would come to the fore and debts would have to be settled.


Arriving back at Paul & Denise's house I thanked them for a nice night especially since they picked up the bill. Paul wanted to have a few more ales but I begged off indicating I was tired from the trip. Sleep wouldn't come, as seeing Jenny had stirred up so many conflicting emotions. I started thinking about my past although I was more concerned with my future.


Looking back historically, the Iron Plain area was a major producer of wheat, oats, triticale, canola, lupins, mustard oil seed and fruit such as nashi pears, cherries, strawberries, peaches, nectarines, prunes and apricots. Contributions to the local economy were also made by meat processing houses, a dairy, large grain-storage silos, sheep, cattle and horse studs, pigs, deer, ostriches and some vineyards.

European settlement of the district began after Lord Byron's exploration in 1855. A sheep station known as 'Iron Valley' was established in the late 1850s.

Jauncey Peterson, a previous superintendent of 'Iron Valley', opened an inn around the 1860s which was the first authorised business to be conducted on the town site.

Gold was discovered a few kilometres to the north-west of the present town site in 1864 but serious prospecting didn't begin until 1866. At this time, Peterson wrote to the government to interest them in the establishment of a town.

A settlement was gazetted in 1868 as Iron Valley. This was changed c .1880 to Iron Plain

A mail service began in 1870 and a flour mill soon followed. The first school was established in 1871 and St James's Roman Catholic Church was built in 1879. In the course of the 1880s, the population increased dramatically from 82 to 2200.

Iron Plain become an important rail centre when the railway station was built there in 1885. By the outset of the 20th century, Iron Plain's commercial centre had outstripped that of all the townships around the district. It continued to prosper until the Great Depression when larger locomotives negated the need for crew and engine changes at Iron Plain.

By the late 1980's the town had grown to a population of 6800 with schools, hospital, fire station, ambulance station, police station, pubs and all the amenities found in a big city. This was the era in which I was raised but with progress came crime, drugs and violence that wasn't only confined to the big cities.


I had a pretty good childhood growing up in the 1980's and beyond. Farmers and townsfolk mingled with mixed success as many of the townsfolk resented the farmers' wealth and the farmers looked down on the 'white trash' townsfolk. It had always been that way and never has changed.

The only thing that bonded the town was the high school football team. Rugby Union was the sport in question and due to the influence of the wealthy farmers' and the high proportion of catholic families it was like a second religion. Rugby was classified as a gentlemen's game played by bastards and that summed up our rugby team well.

I grew up with a love of Rugby League, the sport that was and still is the main competitor of Rugby Union in Australia. Rugby League was played by the blue collar workers while Rugby Union was played by the rich and elite. I followed the professional sport of Rugby League on television in the Australian Rugby League Competition (ARL).

There were 20 teams Australia wide and it is a National Competition but my favourite team by far was the Canberra Raiders. That love of Rugby League was due to my Dad. Dad had played professional Rugby League for the St. George Dragons based out of Sydney. He was a fiery lock forward but his career was cut short due to a neck injury.

Dad had moved to Stone Ridge (which was the town next to Iron Plain) accepting a job in the local sawmill as well as a coaching position for the town's Rugby League team. Dad had met Mum at a local dance and pursued her with vigor. At the time, Mum was dating a farmer's son by the name of Angus Beasley but Dad swept her off her feet.

There was a lot of bad blood between Angus Beasley and my Dad but by the end of it, Mum and Dad were married and I came along 5 years later. By then Dad had retired from coaching and had settled in Iron Plain, buying a house in town.

Growing up I was an only child and because of that was dotted on by both my parents. I wasn't spoiled but I never wanted for anything. Dad use to tuck me in at night telling me stories of all the great Rugby League players of his day.

I also use to sneak a peek at Dad's scrapbook that Mum had made and read all about his exploits on the field. There was no doubt that my father Johnny Green was my hero.

I started my schooling at Iron Plain primary school, which was ironically situated right next to St James catholic primary school (where all the farmers' children attended). Right from the start, it felt like the rich versus the poor. The kids from the catholic school use to sneer and thumb their noses at us. To be honest it never worried me too much as I liked my school and my friends.

My best friend was (and still is) Paul Williams but we also had a gang of other friends which included David Fitzsimmons, Ben Rogers, Justin Richards, Denise Richards, Martin Taylor and last but not least Jenny Taylor.


My primary school years were full of joy and friendship. Paul and I played Rugby League for the Stone Ridge Magpies. I played as a lock forward and Paul was a cheeky little half-back. We both loved playing and my Dad was very proud. This of course bonded Paul and me even closer but it also painted targets on our back.

Iron Plain was a Rugby Union town and of course, the farmers' kids used to try to antagonise both of us not only as 'townies' but now as 'turncoat' league players. We never responded to the catcalls, which irritated them even more.

Our little gang use to hang out at the local pool during summer and we played cricket and basketball and the girls were in to horse riding so we would watch them compete sometimes.

The trouble began one day when I was twelve years old and involved our little gang and Gary Beasley ... yep the son of Angus Beasley who despised my Dad so much. We were enjoying a nice summers day at the pool. That all changed when Gary and his mates turned up. It started with the usual catcalls and taunting. Ben and Martin reacted to the taunting and a war of words erupted but things finally calmed down.

We all decided to leave to have a game of cricket when Gary Beasley went a step too far. Jenny was walking to the change room when Gary bailed her up.

"Hey Taylor ... want to see something?"

"What would that be Gary?"

"Something big baby."

"Oh yeah..."

With that, Gary pulled out his 'manhood' and Jenny began to laugh hysterically.

"Well it looks like a penis only smaller..."

I could see what was about to happen. Gary went instantly red in the face and screamed.

"Why you little town whore... !"

With that, he slapped Jenny across the face. You could hear the crack of his open hand hitting her face. I instinctively charged at Gary and tackled him front on. Fists began flying and soon it was an all out donnybrook. Denise was comforting Jenny but they were in shock of the viciousness of the fighting.

It was a fairly one sided affair with Paul, Ben, David, Justin and Martin easily beating their rivals who fled beaten and bleeding. Gary and I were a different story as we could both handle ourselves. He was well versed in martial arts whilst my Dad had taught me to box.

From the initial ground fighting, we had both risen and were now cautiously circling each other. Gary was mainly using his legs to kick me in the abdomen. I was trying to get in close to cause him the most amount of pain possible. I was bigger and stronger but Gary was quicker. Gary didn't have a lot of upper body strength. That surprised me since he came off a farm. I quietly thanked Dad for the lessons and years of wood carting for giving me good upper body strength.

From the initial tackle and punching, Gary's left eye had swollen shut, which gave me another advantage. I could feel my own blood dripping from my cheek. Gary attempted to kick my legs out from under me and made a simple mistake of not following up the attack. He was close and remembering my lessons, I cracked him twice in the face with two quick jabs. He was reeling backwards and I aimed a well timed hook, which shook him to the core. Dazed he lifted his chin slightly and so I followed with an uppercut.

Gary was lifted off his feet and hit the ground hard. The fight was over. I was about to turn around and leave, that was until an arm was placed on my shoulder.

"Just where do you think you are going Rob?"

It was Sergeant Eric Rogers of the Iron Plain Police.


Sergeant Rogers was Ben's dad but he had a duty to perform and we were all dragged down to the police station. Gary Beasley had been taken to Iron Plain hospital and would be interviewed later.

To me it was a minor incident and I felt he got what he deserved for hitting Jenny. What did I know? ... when the parents were called into the station you would have thought I had committed murder.

Angus Beasley was screaming and demanding I be charged with grievous bodily harm. My mum was crying but Dad was quietly assessing the situation. Sergeant Rogers had enough of the theatrics and told everybody to shut up. He would be conducting interviews and decisions would be made from there.

Angus Beasley was told to go to the hospital and check on his son with Constable Rawlins following him to interview Gary.

In the meantime, I was taken to an interview room for questioning. Dad was with me as I was a minor. Sergeant Roger's got straight to the point.

"So Rob tell me in your own words what happened to cause this fracas today at the pool."

"Well Sir, we were all leaving the pool when Gary Beasley started talking to Jenny..."

"Is that Jenny Taylor?"

"Yes Sir. Anyway, Gary talked with her and then exposed himself to her. Jenny laughed and he then punched her with an open hand. I thought he was going to start wailing on her so I tackled him and the fight began. His other friends then attacked my friends and the brawl started. You appeared at the end of the fight."

"Ok Rob ... wait outside as I need to talk with your Dad and then I will get a statement from Miss Taylor. Don't worry too much."

I waited outside with my Mum while Dad spoke with Eric Rogers. Mum stopped crying and then said something very weird and something I have to admit affected me greatly.

"Why Rob?"

"Why what Mum?"

"Why did you have to fight with Angus Beasley's son? He's a good man and I'm sure his son is the same. You had no right to do what you did."

My jaw dropped. I couldn't believe my own Mother was backing Gary Beasley over her own son. Quite literally, he was my enemy and the town's biggest prick (in my opinion). I had never been so angry with my Mum. I got up and walked out of the police station, damning the consequences.

Dad found me about an hour later at the football field at the high school. I was in the stands still seething from the treatment my Mum had handed out to me.

"I figured you'd be here son. Stone Ridge oval is too far away."

"Yeah Pop, sorry for leaving."

"It's ok but we will have to go back to the station and sign a statement."

"Am I in trouble?"

"No son. Jenny gave the same account and Gary Beasley will be the one in trouble. I am proud of you Rob. You stood up and protected a girl being attacked. Don't worry about your Mum son she's just in shock as she is friends with the Beasley's."

"Yeah well the Beasley's are all assholes."

My Dad laughed. "Don't tell your Mum son but I can't disagree. Come on let's go back to the station."

I never loved my Dad more than that day. He stood up for me and believed in me, which is more than I could say for my Mum.


As was always the case in Iron Plain money prevailed and Gary Beasley was exonerated for the attack on Jenny. Everyone else was given verbal warnings. Angus Beasley knew he didn't have a leg to stand on, getting me charged due to his son's actions. It was soon dropped but not forgotten by anyone involved.

The tension in my household got worse thanks, in my opinion to my Mother. A few days after the incident she was busy humming and cooking a heap of baked goods. I was wondering why the sudden burst of happiness considering her anger towards me over the incident.

I watched as Mum packed everything up into a basket and the called me over.

"Come on Rob grab your coat and help me with some errands."

"Ok, where are we going?"

"I need to deliver these to some friends."

I never though much of it as I got in the car with Mum and drove through town. I was racking my brain trying to think where we were going when we suddenly turned off onto a dirt road. It hit me in an instant.

"Mum why are we on Beasley land?"

"Because we are going to see Angus and you will apologise for your actions."

"Over my dead body!"

Mum suddenly braked hard, switched off the engine and turned to me.

"God dammit Rob, I'm your Mother and you will apologise. You over reacted and hurt that poor boy. Angus has graciously invited us to his home for this purpose. You know Sue Beasley has cancer and even Sue has made herself available.

Don't embarrass me! You are just like your bloody Father stubborn, stupid and without manners. Now do as you are told you little bastard!"

Mum had gone too far and I think even she knew it. I quickly got out of the car and ran all the way home. Mum arrived home about an hour later but had nothing to say. From that day on our relationship was never the same. Dad knew something had happened between us but I never said anything to him and to the best of my knowledge neither did my Mother.


The pool fight made our little gang heroes in the town. Townies loved nothing better than getting one over the rich farmers. The incident bonded us all in ways I never expected. Denise started showing interest in Paul as more than a friend, for Jenny it was the same, and the target was me.

My household had changed in so many ways. There was coldness between my Mother and me. We were good actors around Dad but if there were any times that we were left alone together, I made myself scarce. My world became dominated by my friends and Rugby League. I still spent a lot of quality time with my Dad and loved every minute of it.

Around the time I started high school, my Dad finally decided to take a gamble and open his own business. Green's Hardware was successful right away. Dad was a popular man in town and respected by both townies and farmers alike (which was very rare). Mum helped Dad with the books and banking. I helped when I could but Dad wanted me to be a kid so he made sure my schooling and sporting activities came first.

Instead of going out of town, most of the farmers now brought their supplies from Dad's store. I had never seen my Dad happier; Mum was a different story however. She was changing in a very negative way and was constantly nagging my Father about every little thing. Dad would always put her in her place but she never stopped and I don't like to admit it but I was starting to hate her for it. I had very conflicting emotions, as I knew I should love my Mother but I found it impossible.


High School was a big change for everyone. There was only one high school at that time, so the farmer's kids were either sent to boarding school or attended the local high school with the 'townie' kids.

Most of them went to the local high school, as they were needed on their farms. Fortunately, Gary Beasley at that time was sent to boarding school, so the potential trouble between us was vanquished for the moment.

Our little gang started to dissipate due to the normal reasons of high school, new friends, different activities etc. Nevertheless, some were lost for other reasons. David Fitzsimmons and Ben Rogers started getting into the drug scene, the inevitable happened, and they were busted smoking pot. David continued but Ben being a policeman's son was sent away to military school and I never saw him again.

I later heard in his adult years that he joined the Army and became a fine solider. Martin and Justin were still friends but they were both into art and music so naturally they found new friends with the same interests.

Paul, Denise, Jenny and I were the remaining 'friends' but by then we were all boyfriend and girlfriend. The early years of high school were pretty good. At 14 things got even more exciting for me.


Paul and I continued to play rugby league for the Stone Ridge Magpies and we were doing particularly well. That day I had a really good game I had scored a couple of tries and was awesome in defence making 38 tackles.

We had won 56 -10 against a highly rated team. I had just come out of the change rooms when I saw my Dad speaking with a man I had never seen before, they shook hands and the man left.

Dad was beaming and he walked over to Paul and myself.

"Great game boys, ready to go?"

"Sure Dad ... who was that bloke you were talking to?"

"Just an old friend."

"Ok."

With that, we left and travelled back to Iron Plain. Paul was dropped off at his house but instead of us going home Dad took me towards a restaurant in town.

"Where are we going Dad?"

"Just to the diner, my friend wants to meet you."

"What for?"

"I'll let him explain."

We arrived at the diner and were shown to a seat, the man was there waiting.


"Hi Rob my name is Tom Milne and I use to play football with your Dad in Sydney." said the man shaking my hand

"Nice to meet you Sir."

"Just call me Tom. Let's order something to eat ... my treat. By the way, hell of a game you played today Rob."

"Thanks."

We all ordered something to eat while Dad and Tom Milne chatted about the 'old days'. I was wondering what was going on, I figured he just was passing through and decided to watch Johnny Green's son play football.

The food arrived and we all tucked in. After we finished eating the real reason of Tom Milne's visit became apparent.

"Rob, your Dad and I go way back. In fact, your Dad has been sending me tapes of your games and I'm mighty impressed. You are a lot bigger and taller than your Dad but you definitely are just as talented."

"Well thank you Sir."

"Rob call me Tom."

Dad started chuckling "Don't worry son; I know this is strange but believe me it's great news."

"Look Rob I'll cut straight to the chase. I work for the Canberra Raiders as a talent scout. The coaching staff have all viewed your tapes and we want to sign you."

I was stunned and I think it showed on my face. The Canberra Raiders were my favourite team and many of my football heroes played for them with the likes of Mal Meninga, Gary Belcher, Bradley Clyde, Laurie Daley and Ricky Stuart. They were a powerhouse team in the world of professional Rugby League.

"Ok Tom. How would this work?"

"Well Rob, quite simply we would sign you to a contract to play for the Raiders. Your Dad is insistent that you stay in Iron Plain. You would continue to play for the Stone Ridge Magpies but you would be flown to Canberra throughout the year to participate in training squads and have access to the latest developments.

You would from today be put on a strict diet and training plan. We will also be providing money to set you up with a gym membership in town and of course monitoring your progress. After high school, you would come to Canberra and providing you keep improving, you would then have a chance at making it in the big leagues. So what do you say?"

"Where do I sign!"

So it was done. I was signed to a contract with the Canberra Raiders and given diet and training plans to follow. The contract was for $5,000 which would assist my rugby league development.

The story made big news in Stone Ridge and the coach and players were happy for me, no one more than Paul. In Iron Plain, it was briefly mentioned in the local paper but not much else was said.


One person who did take note was Coach Douglas of the high school Rugby Union team. He actually came out and watched me play several times for the Magpies. I saw him and was just waiting for his approach. Coach Douglas was a good friend of Angus Beasley's and so it was my Mum who approached me one day. She timed it well, just after Dad left to open the store and I was finishing breakfast.

"Rob I need to speak with you."

"What is it?"

"Coach Douglas wants you to play Rugby for the school. I want you to go see him today."

"No."

"What do you mean no young man?"

"I mean I'm not playing Rugby Union for the school with a bunch of snobs. I'm a Rugby League man through and through."

"Snobs! They are not snobs they are your betters and don't forget that."

"They aren't my betters. Just because you are infatuated with Angus Beasley and the like doesn't mean I will be. They can go to hell."

Mum went red in the face and let out a mighty scream. I could see her hand coming and for some reason I let it happen. It was a mighty crack and left a red welt on my face.

"That's the last time you ever touch me."

Mum started sobbing and I quietly left the house to go to school. If our relationship was strained before now it was outright cold.


Apart from Paul, Jenny was the one person I could confide all my secrets and troubles to. She was a tower of strength for me and I was definitely smitten. We would hold hands, kiss and make out. Rugby League was the biggest part of my life but Jenny wasn't far behind.

I followed the diet and training plan the Canberra Raiders provided and soon I was gaining strength in all the right areas and I was shooting up in height. By 14 years old, I was 6 foot 1 inches tall and 191 pounds. The benefits played out on the football field as I ran riot over the local competition. I was soon sitting on the bench for the Stone Ridge Magpies reserve grade team. I was playing against men and holding my own. Dad couldn't have been more proud.

Paul decided to start training with me as he was finding he needed to gain strength in the same areas at me. It was great having a training partner and it pushed me on to greater heights.

That summer I flew to Canberra for my first training camp. It was a completely different world for me; the camp was designed to test all our limits and capabilities. There were kids from all around the country and the competition was intense. I was in camp for a month and got glowing reports on my attitude and general condition. I knew Rugby League would be my ticket to the big time. By the time I flew back to Iron Plain I had added even more skills to my arsenal and couldn't wait for next season to kick off.

The pressure continued from Coach Douglas and I had to admit he was pretty smart. He did it first by talking Paul into playing for the team. It was manageable in the sense that Rugby Union was played on Saturday's whilst Rugby League was played Sunday's but I wouldn't budge. He then went and spoke to my Dad.

Dad sat me down at home that evening.

"Son I think you should speak to Coach Douglas about the Rugby."

"Why Dad? I'm happy just playing Rugby League."

"I know son but the coach is a fair and reasonable man. He made some good points and I think you should hear him out. I have spoken with the Raiders and they have no problems with you playing rugby at a schoolboy level."

"Ok Dad for you I will speak to the coach."

The next day at school, I went to see Coach Douglas. He welcomed me and took me to his office.

"Rob thanks for coming to see me. I know I have been putting a lot of pressure on you to join the team. I've watched you play several times for the Magpies and I can see why the Canberra Raider signed you. You have all the skills and quite honestly, you are the most impressive schoolboy talent I have ever come across. I could build this team around you."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.