Desert Dream - Cover

Desert Dream

Copyright© 2009 by Crunchy

Chapter 18

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 18 - A man lost at sea, then everything changes. He must adapt to new circumstances

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fiction   Time Travel   Historical  

Wong would get up a few hours before the rest, and pack up most of the goods, and prepare breakfast. If it was a public house, he would pack up everything except his masters sleeping arrangement and hit the road, trying to leave a few hours earlier than John and Zithrusa. He had to continue on without pause, and try to catch up to them before full darkness overtook him. There was just no way the camels could keep up the pace of the porters, but they were used to keeping on keeping on, so eventually he arrived. The camels were forced to eat all night long, with provided fodder, but they were able to eat in their sleep, so it all worked out.

In a few days time, they arrived in the Imperial City, and were surprised when the Imperial Guards at the City's Eastern Gate, the gate of the sorrowing moon, told them that their lodgings had already been arranged for, and a guide would be provided to show them the way. They waited awhile until Wong caught up to them, and then they all followed the guide, the palanquin, John on his horse, Wong riding the lead camel, the last camel tailing behind. Or trailing, either one works.

Wong soon became alarmed and confused, they were heading towards the Imperial Palace! There were no accommodations in this quarter. In fact, it was all bureaucratic offices, and the palace, of course. Still, the guide seemed to know where they were going, so there was no point in objecting since Wong didn't know where they were going. They all ended up at the Imperial Stables, where the palaquin was stored out of the way, and the camels were parked next to some snobbish and affronted horses. The camels ignored them, snubbing them hard. John's horse, (it had become known as such when they traded Zithrusa's horse for it.) seemed quite familiar with the setup, and seemed to already know the other horses as well.

They secured their lower value raw materials, and had a bevy of servants who were even more invisible than Wong gather up the rest of their gear and goods and follow their guide into the guest quarters, where they were shown an elegant suite of rooms they were assured were for their use, no fooling, yes, sure it was meant for them, John and Zithrusa.(and Wong). Dinner would be served in a few hours, A bath would be prepared in the adjoining room, The Emperor would see them tomorrow mid morning.

After dinner, there was a knock on the door, and there stood the Caravan master, looking embarrassed and guilty.

"Ah, John my boy, I have already been here for a number of days, chatting with The Emperor, and you have been the topic of discussion. He seems to have fixated on you, and you fascinate him for some reason. He will want to know all about you, and it would be best if you satisfy him in all particulars. Not a bad kid, if He could use some more seasoning. I just wanted to let you know that I have already told him everything I know, just so you know." The Caravan master avoided looking at Zithrusa for some reason.

She would have none of it, and walked up to the avaricious but good hearted man, and bussed him soundly on the cheek, bidding him welcome and expressing her gladness that he was here. "Of course if The Emperor summoned you and asked you about us, you had to answer him." She soothed. "There is no harm in that, and we have no secrets from The Emperor." She finished.

John smirked, "No doubt we shall be able to tell The Emperor more about ourselves than you were able to." He laughed.

They offered him some fine plum brandy, and chatted awhile, then sent him off feeling much happier about the whole situation, and retired to bed. Wong of course had been there the whole time, but he was practicing being unobtrusive, having been shown up by the palace servants.

The Emperor looked at John and Zithrusa, seeing normal if very well dressed people who wouldn't be out of place in any social gathering in Imperial City. He asked Zithrusa to entertain him while John went and changed into his hunting gear. Her erghil was brought in, and John slipped off to put on something more comfortable. When he returned, The Emperor was reclined on his cushions, His face showing an ecstatic expression, tears running from his closed eyes. Zithrusa let the final haunting note fade, and after a long reverent silence, The Emperor gave a deep sigh, and gathered himself together.

"Beautiful, that was amazing, thank you." He said simply. "And you, man John, you are blessed to have such a mate. I have many questions for you, will you sit and converse?"

The Emperor had a list of questions he had thought of during his obsession with John. He understood how a good archer could make a bow seem magical in its accuracy, but how was it able to find the game?

John laughed, and said that when he had first found water in the desert, he had hallucinated a voice speaking words, putting a face on his subconscious, his inner self, verbalizing his inner knowing that the goats were not wild, and probably had a herder watching out for them. Perhaps he had scented Zithrusa without being fully aware of it.

Since then, his second 'vision quest' without food for close to a week, he was more in accord with his inner awareness, and allowed it to seem to be a voice that he could easily understand. He didn't know how his inner self could know where to find game, but it was seldom wrong. As for the Tiger, he had been hunting in the area for a week, he would be a very poor hunter indeed if he didn't know there was a large predator moving into the area, despite being distracted by the caravan. The story he had told to the Caravan master was an easy explanation which didn't leave himself open to charges of witchery, placing all credit and blame upon his bow.

"So you have given your inner self, who is more aware and knowing than yourself, a voice to speak to you with, and it is very accurate and aware?" Clarified The Emperor. "How very useful."

The Emperor brought out the gloves, and asked John about them. John excused himself, and returned wearing the suit that Zithrusa had found him in when he had first arrived in this place.

John explained the properties of the suit, that it could preserve life in chilly waters for several days, and its color was to make it easy for rescuers to find one in the vast open waters. He offered the suit to the Emperor as tribute, knowing it was how things were done. The Emperor was grateful to accept the suit which went with his gloves.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.