Aggy-book 2 - Cover

Aggy-book 2

Copyright© 2009 by Green Dragon

Chapter 68

King Harold granted the indulgence of Commodore McCock and granted the boon of an audience when the King's duties allowed him to be in the Admiral's Quarters on "Vector" at say four in the forenoon watch which was in an hour's time and the King would honour the Commodore by travelling in the Barge.

After all the verbiage, Sir Austen explained it,

"Your Grace, Harry wants to speak with you urgently. Would you send the Barge and he is ready now."

"Herald King at arms" laughed McCock " wrap this up in male bovine solid waste as you like, the Barge is on its way as soon as I can order it."

"Thank you, Aggy."

McCock commed Algy and ordered the Barge away to the Palace.

"I'm driving with Felix as co-pilot, boss. Alan and Colin are on compulsory rest time. They went way over the limits as did the shuttles for the recovery operation."

"Didn't I hear you and Felix in the shuttles yesterday?"

"Who? Us? You need to get your hearing checked, Sir. Got a Barge to space. Hardmann clear."

"Vector, Barge; joining sternwards with delta; be advised Harry Winsor requests no honours. Over."

"Barge, you are number one; fly the lights, be advised The McCock will be in the Hangar; for diety's sake Algy don't hit him or we'll never see daylight over the 'puter work."

"Brian, you are just scared of Miss Peebles."

"Fly the bloody shuttle, Algy."

... clicked the speaker.

"Aggy, thank you for allowing me to visit. We do have a few things to discuss."

"Welcome aboard, Harold. I have some Jamaican Blue you must sample."

They shook hands and McCock guided his visitor to his office where Trojan had set out the coffee pot, mugs and accessories. Trojan poured the first samples and then excused himself claiming there was a re-run of a favourite vid he had to see. They enjoyed the brew exchanging inane comments about the weather, farm production on the planet until Harold took a deep breath,

"Aggy, who owns and or commands that armada?"

"Well Harold, they do say possession is nine points of the law."

"The navy doesn't possess them as you imply while the ships lie under your guns; my people couldn't fight that armada out of a sunshower and you know it. Manning level is at C&M although, I suspect, that you were attempting to get more through your courses; and your shuttles are needed to transport any more crew up. I ask again, who owns them?"

"Have you perchance got a hundred credit note on you? No? Sorry, I forgot it's tradition for kings not to actually carry money. Never mind."

McCock toggled the desk intercom,

"Rosemary, have you a hundred credits you can lend me? Bring it to my office now, please."

A patient McCock and a puzzled Harold took the opportunity to refresh their coffee and McCock obtained another mug which he filled and placed on the working table between the seated men.

"Have a seat, Rosemary; coffee's poured. Got that hundred?"

Rosemary produced a very old fashioned coin purse from which she handed McCock five bright coins,

"Mind, I want that back sometime."

McCock nodded and passed the coins to Harold who sat bemused at the proceedings. McCock smiled at him,

"Harold, I make you an unconditional loan, interest free, to be repaid at your convenience. It just so happens that I have a motley collection of second hand foreign warships, suitable for scrap. I remind you that the original 119 was once condemned for scrap. I offer you these condemned ships (while you were not looking, I declared them as surplus to my requirements and condemned them) for the admittedly bargain price of one hundred credits, as is where is. The warships only; the support vessels are 119's; we can do a deal at commercial rates for leasing some of the tankers."

"Seein' tha's meh hundred, cun ah ha a piece a' tha?" broke in Rosemary.

"And just what would you do with a warship?" McCock enquired

"I'll find summat to do wi' it."

"I wont sell one to you, but, if you behave yourself and stop that Glasgeigh accent, I'll sell you a space yacht like Shelly's for a hundred."

"Done."

"Now sit there and enjoy your coffee while Harold and I haggle. Harold, do you accept or do you have a counter offer?"

"You are serious, Aggy?"

"Of course he's serious, mon, the McCock hasna a humorous bone in his body. Scheming? Aye, he's full of it, so count your fingers afterwards" burst in Rosemary.

"In that case, done" and Harold stretched out his hand, shook McCock's hand and ostentatiously counted his fingers before requesting "and could I have a Bill of Sale? I'll need it to convince the Lords that they owe me."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.