The Defenceman - Cover

The Defenceman

Copyright© 2009 by Cold Creek

Chapter 20

Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 20 - Michael Stewart, a Canadian at the University of Michigan on a Computer Science scholarship, is seen shooting at a free skate and is asked to try out for the U of M Men's hockey team. This story follows Mike's first year as he tries to fit hockey into a busy school schedule and a possible new girl friend.

Caution: This Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Celebrity   School  

I woke up Saturday morning not knowing where I was for a minute and trying to find the damn alarm button. I pressed every button on the clock before it shut off. John was a deep sleeper as he never even stirred. I put on some workout shorts and t shirt, grabbed a towel and my room key and went down to the main floor to locate the workout room of the hotel. I found it by following the signs and used the key card to open the door. There were a few weight machines a well as a treadmill, stationary bike and an elliptical. After stretching I got on the elliptical and started off slowly for a bit and after about ten minutes I upped the resistance and sped up to get my heart working.

I stayed on for forty five minutes and then switched over for a light weight routine for each muscle group. I finished in about half an hour and then met Chris and Frank in the lobby.

"Morning Frank, Chris" I said.

"Mike, you're up early" said Chris.

"Yeah, I wanted to get in some exercise so I got in some elliptical did some weights too. I'm not used to having a whole day without some sort of exercise so it felt good to get the heart pumping. So what's the schedule for today? You guys never told anyone what the plan was, or at least not me?" I said.

"Damn-it you're right" Frank swore. "We better go around and wake everyone up and let them know Chris. Ok, here's the quick plan — breakfast from 8 to 9. Get dressed in casual clothes and head to practice for 9:30 to 11. Get back here and have lunch from 11:45 to 12:30. Down time, from 12:30 to 4, dinner from 4 to 4:45, get dressed in good clothes and pack. Head to arena for 5:30, pre-skate at 6 to 6:45 go back in to the locker room for final instructions and game at 7:30. After the game, get dressed in casual clothes and get on the bus and sleep on the drive home. We hope to get back to Ann Arbour by noon."

"Ok, thanks Frank, I'll wake John and see you for breakfast at 8:00am" I replied.

Mike, we need to look at your hands after your shower so we will come to your room in 20 minutes ok?

"Ok, thanks Chris" I agreed.

I quickly went up and woke up John so that he could gradually wake up while I had a quick shower and shave. I was out in fifteen minutes and got dressed in casual clothes and got John moving with the fact that Wendy and Chris would be here in five and breakfast was in twenty minutes.

I heard a knock and let the two of them in and we got to work. Chris inspected the hands closely and seemed pleased. The cuts seemed to be scabbed over pretty good. They covered each major cut and then gauzed up both hands for practice.

"Mike, they look better than I expected" he explained. "Take it easy in practice, light shots and no contact if you can help it. We will inspect them after practice and let them breathe and then do it all again for the afternoon practice. I'm looking at 90% for playing as long as nothing opens up later today OK?"

"Sounds good Chris, thanks" I answered.

"Ok, Wendy will tape you up while I head to the rink" he said as he left.

John came out of the washroom, already dressed and he headed down while Wendy worked on my hands.

"So, do you work full time for Chris or is this part of your school training" I asked.

"Part of school training. Third year students get assigned to each of the major teams for a semester to learn the trade so to speak. I'm learning tons and it's great to be assigned to the hockey team" she responded enthusiastically.

"Well, you should do great, you do good work" I complimented her.

"Thanks Mike, I try" she replied. "Ok, that should do for practice. Come see me after practice and we'll inspect them again. Now, let's get you fed."

"Sounds good, thanks Wendy" I said as we left the room and went down to the restaurant to get in line for the buffet style breakfast. We grabbed plates and piled on the food and she found a seat with the training staff while I sat by myself and thought about the team and whether I wanted to be a part of it. I watched as some of them interacted with each other and couldn't make up my mind yet. I liked a few of the guys, the coaches and the training staffs were professional and attentive and the team was well taken care of. If the extracurricular stuff was eliminated, it wouldn't be a bad experience I thought. I loved the time on the ice best so I planned to play to show everyone, including myself, what I could do.

I finished eating breakfast and went up to grab my cell phone and my creative writing textbook to read ahead in that subject as well. I went back down and saw the bus pull up to the front door and went out to grab a seat and read. Everyone started filing in bunches until the team assistants came around and checked off people on their lists before we took off.

Fred got up and addressed the team.

"Today is about hockey men and showing everyone you belong on this team, that this team belongs on the same ice as the other team, and that this team is not to be taken lightly. The Wildcats will not be taking this game lightly, they are out to prove they can beat the Wolverines and won't want to be embarrassed in their own house. They are a hard physical team, we need to be harder, nastier and make them back down first."

"For the practice this morning, we will have a longer warm up skate, a longer shoot around and then we will practice special teams and then have a no hit scrimmage. They will be watching so we won't run our special plays we put in just for them."

"Any questions?" he asked.

There were none so he sat down. I read until we pulled up to the arena. We went in and looked at the ice rink for a few minutes until we were led down to the visitor's dressing room. We got changed and onto the ice to stretch and skate. It felt good to skate after a day off and we all had an extra jump in our step. We built up a good sweat before they switched to shooting on both goalies. I kept my shots easy for a bit, testing the hands, but they seemed fine and I tried a few harder shots with no extra pain.

Special teams practice and the scrimmage went off without any issues and Chris and Wendy inspected my hands and were pleased with the lack of bleeding or swelling. After getting a light gauze wrap on them, I joined the team as they boarded the bus and we back to the hotel just in time for a big lunch. Fred invited anyone that was interested to watch the film of the Wildcat's first game in the lounge. The rest could lounge around the hotel in their rooms or in the pool but everyone was expected back to the restaurant for a light dinner at four.

I was surprised that only about a third of the team took Fred up on the offer to watch the game tape. I sat down near Ian to watch and listen to the coaches' analysis and advice. We pointed out players and plays that we had to be cognisant of to each other and I made some notes of things I wanted to talk to John about.

When the game film was done, I went back to my room and lay down on my bed for a nap after setting the alarm. I fell asleep quite easily and woke up to the alarm blaring. I washed up and packed my stuff except my suit and joined the team for a light supper. We then quickly got changed, packed the rest of our stuff and carried both our bags down to the bus. I had finished all of the reading I needed to get done so I just looked out the window as we drove to the arena.

We got dressed and while we had a few minutes, called Vicky and the girls.

"Hey there Honey, I can't talk long but no one's talked to me and I'm dressed for our last practice so you ladies should see me in an hour and a half on the ice" I told Vicky.

She replied "That's great, how are your hands holding up?"

"Pretty good actually, but we're taking it easy so they hold out for the game. We'll wrap them up tight and hope for the best. I'm not coming out of the game until the hand falls off" I answered.

"That's good that they are ok, but don't ruin your hands permanently for one game Sweetie, I love your hands and what they do to me" she said sexily.

I heard the other girls chime in "We want to see what he hands can do for us too."

Vicky yelled at them "Hey, back off you vultures, you haven't come up with the stud payment yet."

"Ahem, stud payment?" I asked.

"Hey, I could get rich renting you out to these ladies. They seem to like your tush for some reason Sweetie" she said with a laugh.

"Yeah, because it's hot and tight and sexy" I heard a voice, maybe Jessica's shout out.

"Well, yes it is Ladies, I must admit. Sorry about your luck" Vicky replied.

"Just so you know it looks like the plan is to be back by noon. We'll be driving through the night, and we're leaving right after the game" I informed her.

"Sounds good" said Vicky. "So, good luck and make Becky and I wet just watching you tear it up out there tonight Michael. If you can call me before you go on, if not, call us before you get to sleep ok Sweetie?"

"I'll try. You all have fun and I'll talk to you as soon as I can. I have to go now Vicky, Bye!" I replied.

"Ok, bye Michael" she replied quickly as we hung up.

I put the phone away and left the locker room with the team and got on the ice to stretch. There were a few people in the stands watching us but after glancing at them once I put them out of my mind. I joined in a vigorous warm-up skate and shooting practice before we did simple two on two half rink rushes to get people in the flow. All too soon our time was up and we went back into the locker room to allow the rink to be cleaned. Chris and Wendy did a final re-wrap of my hands while Fred gave a last speech. We sat and relaxed for ten minutes while waiting for the game to start. I looked over at Ian and saw how nervous he was so I went over to talk to him.

"Ian, you look nervous, just like I was. Don't worry, once you're out there everything will come back to you and you will react instinctively. Just follow the plan for dump ins and in doubt ice the puck if you have too. In the offensive zone, when in doubt, back away rather than get caught. Steve will back you up. Don't panic, everyone will help out if you get in trouble, so don't compound the mistake by taking a penalty" I explained to him.

"Ok Mike thanks. I don't want to screw up" he said.

"Hey, we all screw up sometime. Now is the time to screw up and let you get experience. So lighten up and try to enjoy the experience.

We heard the five minute warning buzzer and, as everyone stood up and got the blood flowing, I quickly called Vicky.

"Ok, we're going on in a couple minutes, Vicky" I said.

"Michael, good luck and show them why they need you more than you need them. I want you remember what's waiting for you when you get back but also remember the crappy way they have treated you so far and take it out on the other team" she said using the voice.

"Ok, now you're making me mad Vicky, did you have to do that just before the game? I asked annoyed.

"Quit whining and go put someone through the boards Michael" she said coldly as she hung up.

I put the phone down before I threw it across the room and got up angrily. We filed out and had a two minute skate before only the first line stayed on the ice. The national anthem was sung and then the game was set to begin.

John looked over at me and said "What's wrong Mike, you looked pissed. Did one the other team say anything to you while you were skating by?"

"No, I just talked to Vicky and she used that damn tone on me. I fucking hate it when she does that" I growled.

"Oh shit, take it out on them, not us ok Mike?" he said looking worried. "Keep it controlled and don't fight with anyone."

I just looked at him and nodded then looked out on the ice fuming as the game started. There were a couple rushes by the first lines and then it was time for change. We jumped on as the puck was dumped in their zone. John and I waited at the blueline as they came up the ice and dumped it behind me into the corner as their winger rushed in to grab it. I let him get to it first and then pasted him to the boards with a clean shoulder check and then passed the puck to John around the boards. Their winger got up slowly but made it back to the bench as I rushed up the ice to join the play making it a brief five on four until his replacement could get back into the play.

I wasn't covered because of that so I skated into the zone down the middle of the ice and Gary fed me a pass that I stepped into with all the anger I felt. Unfortunately, I shot high and whistled it right past the goalie smashing the back Plexiglas into small pieces. Well at least I get a blow-job out of it, thinking about Vicky's promise. I skated back to the bench while the maintenance crew got out their stuff to clean and replace the panel. The place was buzzing which was better than the boos for the hit on their player.

Frank came over as I sat down and said "Nice shift Mike. Keep up the intensity but play smart. Shoot one more high and then shoot low as they get out of way."

John piped up "Don't worry, he talked to Vicky and she used the tone on him. He won't be settling down for a while."

Frank winced and shook his head and said "That girl is going to be the death of someone."

He walked away and I saw him mention it to Fred and saw him look down the line at me and then say something back to him. Frank walked back to our end and said softly "No fighting Mike, skate away from anyone who says something or tries to pick a fight. John, pull him away from anything that looks bad. His hands can't take it"

John looked at me and nodded back to Frank. We sat for a bit until they had it cleaned up and then the second line along with John and I were sent back out for the face-off just outside their zone. John whispered to use the D play on this if we could and I nodded as I lined up.

Henry, our second line centre, won the draw back to John and he dumped it deep into the opposite corner where our right winger went after their defence, pressuring him to pass it up the boards to their winger near me. I had skated in as per the play we were running and hit him hard just as he got the slow pass. The puck squirted free and Henry picked it up with a clear path to the net as the winger and the defenceman were right against the boards and their centre was caught flat footed. That pulled the other D over to stop Henry from having a clear shot and left Ron, our left winger, open for a second for a quick re-direct of Henry's pass into the wide open left side of the net for a quick goal.

Their fans booed as the red light came on signalling a goal as we congratulated Ron. We skated back and sat down, replaced by the first line and first D pair as they were well rested.

The announcer came on their PA system and gave out the scoring summary "Wolverines goal by Ron Zonk, assisted by Henry Black and Mike Stewart. Time of the goal 2:15."

Just like that using a set play we were up one to nothing. Everyone was patting Ron and Henry for the good play. The coaches behind the Wildcat's bench were mad and yelling at their players, trying to motivate them and correct the mistakes. I turned to Ian and warned him what they would try to do and to follow the plan to let them get the puck so he could hit them.

They came out flying and trying to hit everything in sight. All the practice we had paid off as our D calmly wrapped the puck up the boards and sidestepped the big hit. The first line counter attacked and got a good shot on net for a face-off in their zone. Ian and Steve went on with the third line and they kept them pinned in their own zone, working the cycle deep and finally getting a good scoring chance which the goalie stopped and hung on for another whistle. John and I went on with the fourth line and the wildcats, having the last change on home ice, put on the first line to try and take advantage of the mismatch. They won the draw and we backed off, setting up our version of the centre ice trap, which usually forces teams to dump the puck in and chase it.

They did just that, dumping it to my corner as I wheeled back to get it. Their centre and winger converged on me to pay me back no doubt for the hits I had been doling out. I had a couple of steps so I decided to play the puck around hard to John and try and avoid the hits. I dodged one and leaned into the other check and we all hit the boards heavily and loudly. There was a big cheer for the hit but I stayed on my feet and got back into the play as we had a quick counter play going again. The two forwards were talking trash as we skated back in the play but I ignored them other than to remember their numbers for later. We got another great scoring chance from the play so taking a check was worth it.

The game continued for a few minutes with no major issues until one of our third line wingers got carried away and got called for a two minute slashing penalty. Our first line D pair was on at the time so John and I took the first penalty kill shift. They quickly got the puck into our zone and started passing it around while we stayed in the box. They got it back to their D and he took a slap shot which Mark stopped but gave up a rebound which John and I fought to clear. We had their forwards sticks tied up so they couldn't get at it and John kicked it to the corner where one of our wingers got to it first and slapped it down the ice. I looked up and saw only twenty five seconds had passed so we didn't change up. Their defenceman went back and retrieved the puck and carried it back up the ice, passing it off as our other winger pressured him.

This time they dumped it into John's corner and two of their forwards went after it. John decided not to touch the puck but hit the forward and tied up the puck instead, battling against both of them, eating up precious seconds. Our forward on that side slide closer to our net and when one of them broke free from John with the puck, angled him back to the boards so he didn't have a free way to the net. The puck got back to their open defenceman who faked a shot and passed it over to the other D on my side to take a slap shot. I had their third forward's stick tied up with mine and the shot went harmlessly off his leg into the corner. I raced him to the puck and got their first and lifted it high out of the zone. We quickly changed up and the new unit held them off the scoreboard too. Frank came over and congratulated us on the good penalty kill as we watched the other unit finish the penalty off by trying to spring our forward just getting out of the box for a breakaway.

Brad got the pass but one of their defenceman got back in time to make it a one on one. Brad decided to shoot using the defenceman as a screen, blocking the goalie's clear sight of the shot. He got a good shot off but the goalie saw it at the last minute and made a great glove save and stopped play for a face-off in their zone. Fourth lines went out for both teams along with Ian and Steve for defence. They had a spirited shift with both teams trying to hit whoever had the puck. When the puck was in our end a forward from each team got battling too hard and each got called for two minutes for roughing.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.