The Defenceman
Chapter 39

Copyright© 2009 by Cold Creek

Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 39 - Michael Stewart, a Canadian at the University of Michigan on a Computer Science scholarship, is seen shooting at a free skate and is asked to try out for the U of M Men's hockey team. This story follows Mike's first year as he tries to fit hockey into a busy school schedule and a possible new girl friend.

Caution: This Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Celebrity   School  

I hadn't slept well last night and groaned as I hit the alarm off. I took my time getting dressed and grabbed a diet coke to bring along for the ride to the arena. I was still the first one there but some guys joined me soon after I had warmed up. When all of us had skated and had shot for a while, Fred came out for his normal speech for the week.

"We had a good weekend against Miami, and our ranking this morning is now sixth in the country, congratulations," he said to cheers. "We need to build on this weekend's results as we play the Bowling Green Falcons in a home and home series. We're here Friday night and in Bowling Green, Ohio for an evening game on Saturday. Bowling Green is unranked but doesn't mean we can take them lightly. They are another fast, puck possession team so we have to be careful with them."

The coaches had us practicing various neutral zone traps as well as a man to man defence for a good while before switching to offence. We practiced bump-ins and chases for a bit and then had a scrimmage.

I left the arena, after showering and getting dressed, and walked up to the main campus and found a seat in the algebra classroom. Doctor Milan had just arrived and started his lecture after collecting the assignments. He quickly went through two chapters and assigned questions from the back of each chapter for this week's assignment.

Professor Hiller was already in the classroom and smiled as a bunch of us came in at the same time. She really was very pretty and I enjoyed looking at her for the entire lecture. She dressed quite smartly in a snug skirt and blouse combo, the matching jacket draped over the back of the chair in the corner. She had her hair up in a bun and looked very sexy to me.

She had us bring our assignments down to her and was very pleasant to everyone as they put them on the pile. After we were settled, she began her lecture on the next two chapters in her lovely English accent. I had to shake my head a couple of times to stop daydreaming about her as she was explaining derivatives to the class. She ended the lecture by assigning most of the questions in the back of the two chapters for the next assignment. I took my time gathering up my stuff and was one of the last ones out of the room as she walked out.

"My, you are a tall one Mr.?" she asked with a smile.

"Stewart, Mike Stewart, Professor Hiller," I replied.

"Ah yes, our resident hockey player extraordinaire," she remarked with a grin. "I must say I haven't a clue as to the rules of the game, I'm more into football, or soccer as you Yanks call it."

"Actually I'm Canadian, but I guess we call it that as well," I corrected her. "So what brought you over the pond to mid-west America?"

"The lack of positions at the British Universities, it's still a male dominated profession, especially in the math and sciences faculties," she said. "This job offer was the best one of the bunch so I moved here last semester. Did you come down from the Great White North to play hockey?"

"Actually, I earned a scholarship in Computer Science, the hockey just sort of happened," I informed her.

"Well, an intelligent athlete, most impressive Mr. Stewart," she said with a grin. "I'll have to keep an eye on you, and maybe take in a game to see what all the fuss is about."

"Let me know if you need help with the rules, I'd be happy to explain the game to someone from the old country," I replied with my own grin.

She laughed and had me hold her case as she put on her coat.

"Can I interest you in some lunch at our famous student cafeteria?" I asked her.

"Cheeky, aren't you, Mr. Stewart?" she asked. "Professors, especially new young women professors, shouldn't be seen associating with students, let alone having lunch in a public place with them. So while I might like to get to know a fellow Commonwealth citizen better, I must decline your invitation Mr. Stewart."

"Well, I wouldn't want a fellow Commonwealth citizen to get in any trouble, so I will just admire her from the cheap seats of the classroom," I told her. "You have a good day Professor Hiller and I'll see you on Wednesday."

"You have a good day as well Mr. Stewart, I look forward to seeing you next class," she replied with a smile.

We parted ways after I held the door to outside open for her. She nodded her head and walked off in another direction as I headed to the cafeteria across at the next building. It felt good to be able to talk to a beautiful woman without stuttering or being nervous. Maybe it was because I knew nothing could happen between us, but I felt more self confident than ever before. I had to make sure that I wasn't getting a big head but some harmless flirting should be ok.

I got into line in the cafeteria and choose some shepherd's pie for lunch. I sat at an empty table and started eating while looking around at all the people coming and going. I enjoyed glancing at all the beautiful women as they walked to and fro.

After finishing the pie, I worked on the algebra assignment until it was time to head to philosophy. I left a bit early and got an aisle seat on the near side. My legs just didn't fit well between the rows of seats, so I at least could put one of them out on the aisle.

The seats filled up quickly and I had to get up a few times to let people in the small row. A pair of girls sat in the two seats beside me to fill up the row, giving me a smile as I let them in. Nora made her entrance a minute before the buzzer rang and I heard the two girls whispering about her as she walked across the front of the room.

"She is so full of herself," the one girl sitting beside me said to her friend.

"And she treats the guys like dirt after she's had her way with them," her friend added. "Poor Doug was a wreck for weeks after she dumped him."

"She's gone through three roommates since the start of the year and I hear she screwed her sociology professor to get her mark up," the first girl gossiped.

Luckily the professor started the lecture. We went through another chapter and assigned some questions for the first assignment. He also told us that our first major paper could be started; it was to be on one of the ancient Greek philosophers of our choice, and was to encompass their viewpoints, philosophies and how it related to modern times.

After class finished, I checked my voice messages as I walked to the arena. A Miss Melanie Roseburg had left a message that she was at the university to get the authorizations required to allow Calvin Klein to use the photographs and the commercials. She required that I attend a four o'clock meeting that she had set up with the Athletic Director, the local NCAA representative and the Dean's office rep to get the signatures all done at once. She left her number for me to call her back to confirm.

I punched in the number and heard it ring.

"Hello?" I heard a haughty voice say.

"Hi, this is Mike Stewart, returning your call," I responded.

"Yes, Mr. Stewart, I was beginning to think you would be standing me up," she said. "The meeting will be at the dean's office at four pm. Please be on time."

"I won't be attending Ms. Roseburg, I'm busy at that time," I told her.

"What could be more important than this?" she asked angrily.

"I have practice that I won't miss," I said.

"Fine, I'll bring your papers to the arena after we're done here," she said. "I can't believe I have to traipse across half of Michigan to get this done."

"Listen, don't bother, I don't have any reason to sign them anymore," I told her. "Goodbye."

I hung up and shut the phone off as I walked into the arena. After getting changed, I did a partial workout, deciding to work out every day on different body parts rather than doing everything at once. That way I wouldn't be so tired for practice or during the games.

I had a quick shower as the guys came into the locker room to get changed for practice. I was one of the last ones out on the ice to avoid the skaters but one of them was waiting for me as I left the locker room.

"Michael Stewart, I'm Mitsuko Matsuda," the tiny Japanese skater introduced herself to me. "I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for saving my life two weeks ago. I owe you my life and will forever be in your debt. My family would like to show you their appreciation by taking you out for dinner to an authentic Japanese restaurant, tomorrow after your practice."

"Mitsuko, it's a pleasure to finally meet you and you are certainly very welcome for helping you out, but just seeing you all healed up and smiling is reward enough," I told her. "You and your family has no further debt to me, your thanks is all the payment I will accept."

"Michael, my family is very traditional and in the Japanese culture, honour is everything," Mitsuko informed me. "We cannot just say thank you and be done with it. It would bring much shame on our family if we could not show or express our gratitude to you tomorrow night."

"In my culture, accepting anything other than thanks for doing something like that would not be gentlemanly," I told her.

Just then Casey Simmons rounded the corner and I watched her as she approached. She was in black tights and had a sweater layered over a tee shirt and she smiled when she saw me talking with Mitsuko.

Mitsuko turned slightly to see who I was looking at and she smiled at Casey and then back at me. Casey was set to walk by without interrupting our conversation when Mitsuko stopped her.

"Casey, come here and meet my hero, Michael Stewart," she said, lightly putting her hand on her arm.

"Hi Mike, it's nice to meet you, and thank you for saving Mitsy from that horrible man," Casey said.

"Hi Casey, it's very nice to meet you officially," I replied. "I have to apologize to you for my rude ogling of you the past few weeks; I meant no harm, I just enjoy watching you skate."

"All is forgiven Mike," she said with a shy smile. "When you saved my and roommate, we all realized you were a good guy, not a creep. We've missed seeing you waiting for us."

"I'm trying to turn a new leaf and not creep you ladies out anymore," I told her.

"Casey, I need your help with something," Mitsy inserted herself back into the conversation. "My family would like to have Michael out for dinner tomorrow night, but he doesn't want to go. He thinks our thanks are payment enough, but you know how my family is. Can you help convince him to go?"

"I can try," Casey replied before turning to me. "Mitsy's family is very traditional and she would be so ashamed if you didn't attend the dinner. I know you probably don't want to have a fuss over it, but think about it from their perspective, wouldn't you want to meet and thank the person who saved a loved one from such a horrible fate?"

"I do realize that, but I already met them at the hospital, and they thanked me there," I told her. "Nothing else is necessary or wanted."

Mitsy whispered in Casey's ear and Casey blushed but nodded to her.

"Casey has agreed to come if you will," Mitsy told me. "You can sit between us and we'll make sure you're not embarrassed in any way."

"Wow, that is some enticement," I said with a smile. "Two beautiful women to sit between is almost enough for me to agree."

They whispered amongst themselves for a minute and then Mitsy said, "We would take you out for dinner another time, just the three of us if you would agree to come tomorrow night."

"I guess every guy has his price," I said wryly. "How could I turn that down? When and where and what is the dress code?"

"A suit would be appropriate and it's the Japanese Gardens, on University drive, a few blocks west of Main," Mitsy replied with a smile. "Seven o'clock tomorrow if that gives you enough time after practice?"

"Ok, that should be fine," I agreed.

Casey smiled shyly and said, "I'll see you tomorrow night then Michael."

"Ok Casey, have a good night," I replied as she walked away.

"She is such a kind, wonderful person, Michael," Mitsy said as I watched Casey walk to the girl's dressing room and wave back at us before going in. "She visited me every day while I was in the hospital and looked after me like an older sister. I know she likes you and, now that you're single, I think the two of you would make a wonderful couple."

"It's not a good time to be seen with me, there are too many media people around trying to get something on me," I told her. "Both of you should stay away from me for at least a month."

"I will make sure that Casey is aware of the issue and let her make up her mind," Mitsy said. "Now, you should head to practice before you are late."

She stepped around me and walked down the hall and entered her locker room after looking back at me for a few seconds. I shook my head and joined the team on the ice, just finishing their warm-ups. John came over and saw my look on my face and laughed.

"She got to you didn't she?" he asked with a grin.

"She is very stubborn for such a short person," I said in disgust. "She's bringing Casey into it as well."

"Nice, two new beautiful women in your life," John responded.

I just frowned and shot a puck that blew by Mark and turned back to John.

"Mitsuko wants to take me to go with her to dinner tomorrow with her family," I told him. "Her family is very traditional so they're going to go overboard with the thanks and the obligation stuff."

He grinned and I turned and shot another puck by Mark, this time low corner as he was moving out to challenge my shot.

"They wouldn't wait even a month," I turned back to him. "I warned her that it's not a good time with all the media but she doesn't care."

"Maybe they want to get their hooks in you before someone else does," he reasoned.

"No, it wasn't anything like that, Casey was brought into it by Mitsy on the fly," I said.

I turned back to the goal, waited until Mark was ready, and shot it past his ear into the net again.

"And to make matters worse, some lady is here to get my approval of the Calvin Klein stuff," I told him. "She didn't call ahead, just showed up and expected me to be at a meeting this afternoon, all Miss Hoity-toity. I told her I was busy and didn't have a reason to approve them anymore and hung up on her."

"Jesus Mike, won't you lose like fifty grand?" he said.

"The money isn't the point; I don't have to do them any favours anymore, do I?" I asked.

"I guess not, but fifty K?" he asked.

I turned once more and saw that everyone was waiting for me to shoot, so I picked off the top corner over his stick shoulder.

"I don't know why I just can't go to school and play hockey and that's it?" I asked him.

"I don't know, but you can't seem to be able to be normal at all," John said, egging me on.

I took one more shot and put it in Mark's five hole before he could shut his legs. He slammed his stick down and moved to the bench, muttering all the way.

"What's his problem?" I asked.

Everyone laughed at me as I wondered what was up. The coached came on and started us off on special teams practice. I shot harder than usual from the point and both the power play and the penalty kill guys got out of the way as soon as they saw me wind up for the shot. After a few of them either got by Mark or had him wincing, Fred stepped in.

"Ok, Mark doesn't need to get a complex because of Mike's shooting, let's move on to defence," Fred said, trying to hide a grin as the team laughed.

After some time on defence and then offence, we had a scrimmage and then were let go. I grabbed a quick shower and got dressed, knowing I had to go to the apartment to change before dinner with the skaters. I left the locker room and walked up to the lobby.

A raven haired slim woman, in a business suit with a skirt, stepped in front of me before I could get to the doors. She might have been very pretty but she had her hair all pulled up and looked very businesslike and severe.

"Mr. Stewart, I don't appreciate being hung up on," she started. "I need to get these papers signed and I can be on my way home. It will take only a couple of minutes and you can go on with your petty little life now that the twins have moved on."

"Miss Roseburg I presume?" I asked with a frown.

"Yes, I'm a lawyer assigned to Calvin Klein, now can we just finish this up?" she asked. "The dean's office, the athletic director and the NCAA rep signed off on most of the photos and two of the four commercials, so I just need you to sign off and then we can get them on the air this weekend."

"I told you, I have no interest in signing off on anything, especially now with your attitude Miss Roseburg," I told her. "I'm late for an important meeting of my own, so just go back to New York with your superior attitude and leave me alone."

"Mr. Stewart, these have to be signed or we can't use them," she said. "There are millions at stake here, try not to be such an immature boy and think of others for a change."

"Goodbye Miss Roseburg, you're negotiating skills are severely lacking in tack and your lack of perception is mindboggling," I told her. "You've made it very easy to walk away from this whole affair."

I walked around her and out the doors and I thought I heard her teeth grind together as she stomped her foot. After a quick scrape of the windows as the car heated up, I got in and drove home, picking up some chicken on the way. I got changed and dug in, ignoring my phone as it rang once. After supper, I worked on my math homework for both algebra and calculus, still ignoring the phone as it rang at least three more times.

When I was done, I checked my messages. The first couple were from the lawyer after I hung up on her this afternoon. The third was from her after I walked out on her at the arena.

'Mr. Stewart, you have left me no choice but to inform the powers that be at Calvin Klein of your refusal to sign the authorization papers for the photos and commercials," Miss Roseburg stated. "I'm sure they will start appropriate legal actions against you. You have only yourself to blame."

The next was from Mr. Carroll, the man in charge of the Calvin Klein shoot.

"Michael, Miss Roseburg tells me that you no longer wish to give your authorization for the photos and commercials," Mr. Carroll said. "I can certainly see your point after what happened with the twins last week. However, we are really impressed with how everything turned out; you have this place buzzing with excitement. Yes, you Mike. We know that most women buy underwear for their men, so you're just as valuable as the twins to us, maybe more so. So, please call me back so we can work something out, maybe I can fly in to Detroit the next couple of days and we can negotiate face to face, not only for these pictures, but for some additional ones on your own and with other models. Please call me back, day or night."

I played the next message, from Becky.

"Michael, it's Bec," she started. "I know you're pissed at us, all of us, but you shouldn't take it out on Calvin Klein. You're hindering their whole campaign by not allowing them to use the photos and commercials. Please call me or Vicky back when you get this."

I continued on to the last one.

"Mike, it's Kristen, Vicky just called me and told me what you doing with the CK stuff," Kristen said with a laugh. "Good work to screw with them. Do you believe she called me to see if I could convince you to sign the authorization paperwork? I told her what I thought about how they treated you and said I wouldn't help them at all. Call me when you can Mike, I miss you."

I sat there and though about things for a bit before searching for my copies of the agreements I signed at the shoot. I had signed a standard photo shoot contract which was fine, but the second contract was to have the twins and Amy act as my agent through their company. That would not do anymore, so I emailed the twins and Amy first before doing anything else.

I called Kristen and told her my thoughts. We talked it through and she eventually came around to my point of view. I let her know about my new figure skating ladies and she laughed at my predicament before wishing me luck.

After checking my email and finding a copy of the annulment of the agent contract from the twins, I called Mr. Carroll and talked some things over, explaining what had happened with Miss Roseburg and how her actions made my decision much easier. He said he would handle the issue and we set up an appointment at two forty five tomorrow in Ann Arbor at a downtown hotel to negotiate a resolution to the issue and for future endeavours.

I finally called it a night and dreamt of my two new figures skating friends.

Tuesday morning I woke up in a good mood and was quickly away to the arena. I was out peppering Patrick with shots well before the team even showed up. I had some extra energy this morning as we ran some drills before practicing some set plays for offence. After a vigorous scrimmage, I had a shower and told Coach about my meeting and the potential about being late for afternoon practice. He told me no problem, he was told to facilitate my approval as the college and the athletic department were getting a nice grant from Calvin Klein for their approvals. I thanked him and headed up to the programming class.

I followed along in the textbook as the professor hurried through a couple of chapters before assigning problems and a program for the week's assignment. I walked to the nearby cafeteria and found the two figure skaters waiting for me just inside the double doors wearing short leather jackets, snug, expensive jeans and designer blouses. They seemed made up a bit and their hair was like they had just stepped out of a salon.

"Ladies, it's nice to see you today, you both look wonderful," I said.

"Thank you Michael," Mitsy replied. "We thought we would surprise you."

"It is a surprise, a nice one," I said.

They smiled at me and led me into the cafeteria. I followed them into line where they chose healthy items while I had a big fried chicken dinner. After we each paid for our meals with our cards, they led me to an empty table and sat down across from me.

"Did you have a nice evening?" Casey asked.

"It was a busy one, I had to deal with some fallout from some modeling I did with my former girlfriend," I said. "In fact, I have a meeting with the head of CK this afternoon."

"You modeled for Calvin Klein?" Casey asked, looking surprised.

"One time; I had to fill in for a male model in the twin's photo and commercial shoot in New York," I explained. "They needed my authorization, along with a few from the authorities here at school, but the person they sent was a such a rude witch that she gave me an additional reason to refuse to sign, besides what the twins did to me last week."

"So what is the meeting about?" Mitsy asked.

"He wants to renegotiate for my approval of the original photos and commercials and wants to sign me up for additional modeling," I replied. "I guess that they really liked how things turned out."

"Do you want to continue modeling?" Casey asked.

"I really don't but I should at least hear him out," I said. "Maybe if I can get them to sponsor some scholarships I might at least let them use the first ones, but it would take an impressive offer to reconsider."

"Michael, you should not be alone negotiating with them," Mitsy said. "I will discuss this with my father and someone will meet you there that can advise and help you negotiate."

"That's not necessary Mitsy, I can handle it by myself," I replied.

"Michael, I insist, you do not know how tricky and ruthless these people can be," Mitsy said. "The person will be discreet and respectful, but please listen to him or her. They will have your best interests in mind at all times."

"Ok, it's at the Hilton at two forty five, I'll meet your person in the lobby," I agreed.

"Good, I'm relieved," Mitsy said. "Casey and I won't have to worry about you now."

Casey blushed and then nodded. I quickly changed the subject.

So, how did you find out where I eat lunch anyway?" I asked.

"We had you followed by a family friend," Mitsy said, pointing to a young Japanese woman sitting nearby, reading a paper and looking around every so often. "My father had Asuka assigned to protect me after the attack. She's an old friend of mine that went a different path."

The young woman looked about our age, but seemed older and harder when she looked at me with her dark eyes for a few seconds. She wore a black leather jacket over a black tee shirt and black pants. Mitsy motioned her over and the fairly tall and wirily woman glided over and sat down beside her.

"Michael, this is my very best childhood friend Asuka, she has come to protect me until we know it is safe," Mitsy told me. "Asuka, this is my other protector, Michael Stewart, the man who saved me from my attacker."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Asuka, I'm glad to hear that Mitsy has extra protection," I said.

"I am honoured to meet you Michael Stewart, you have spared my childhood friend from much pain and suffering," Asuka replied. "She is perhaps the only person that still sees some good in me, so I am in your debt and am at your service should you require anything."

She bowed her head and, after looking at Mitsy who nodded to me, I bowed back to her. The two Japanese girls talked for a bit in Japanese and then Asuka moved back to her seat and kept watch.

"Asuka's path in life has been hard," Mitsy said. "She lost her parents after we had moved away and she disappeared from our lives for a long time. She was brought up by relatives involved in less than legal activities and has had extensive training in martial arts and other useful trades. Our family came across her again in the last year and we have extricated her from her situation and she now works for our company. I have been trying to get her to join me at school and forge a new life for herself, but she is resisting my efforts."

"She truly must be made of steel then," I said deadpan.

Casey grinned as Mitsy stomped her foot and I saw a tiny smile appear on Asuka's face for a second.

"I am not that bossy Michael, I just want to be sure the people I care for are properly taken care of," Mitsy said. "You don't know anything about me."

"Ok, so let's get to know each other a bit, while we have a bit of time," I suggested as we ate.

So we took turns learning about each other, our families, lives and past relationships.

Casey grew up in Ohio but came to Michigan instead of Ohio State because she liked the skating program. She had an older brother and a younger sister. She had a steady boyfriend the last year of high school but split up when he went to a school in Ohio. She had one boyfriend at college early in the year but broke it off after he cheated on her.

Mitsy was born in Japan and moved to America with her parents and younger sister when her dad took over the American portion of her Grandfather's company. They moved to Michigan and stayed as the American Division became the most important division, more than all the others combined. Her younger sister, Kishi, was an accomplished ballet dancer as well as an excellent student and would be joining her in the fall. Mitsy had never had an official boyfriend in high school and only had a few dates. At college she had gone on a few dates but nothing serious developed.

I told them about my parents, my life in Northern Ontario and the events of the past year there as well as at college. I briefly told them about Vicky and what happened the last month or so, leaving out the more exotic parts.

"So, now that we know a bit about each other, shall we schedule our date for Thursday night?" Mitsy asked.

Casey and I looked at her in surprise.

"What, do you two want to be alone?" she asked with a smirk.

"Mitsy, we're just getting to know each other, it's not a date," Casey said blushing.

"We agreed on a dinner, just the three of us, so how about Thursday at seven," Mitsy continued on like the tiny juggernaut that she was.

"Thursday is fine with me," I agreed. "But it's not a date. I just got out of a relationship and the media is watching me. You don't want to get caught up in that."

"Ok, but why not the weekend?" Casey asked.

"Um Casey, what does Mike do as a second career around here?" Mitsy asked.

"Oh, sorry, it slipped my mind for a second there," Casey said, embarrassed.

"Hey, no problem Casey, I forget myself sometimes," I told her.

"Ok, Thursday night, fancy dress, like tonight, I'll arrange everything, just pick us up at our rooms at six forty five Michael," Mitsy said.

"Yes Ma'am," I responded.

Mitsy glared at me as Casey smiled.

"You are being very bossy Mitsy," Casey said. "I haven't seen this side of you before."

Mitsy sighed and explained, "My life has changed since the attack Casey. I'm going to be involved in Michael's life from now on as it is my duty. I'm just trying to provide some direction to it."

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.