The Defenceman - Cover

The Defenceman

Copyright© 2009 by Cold Creek

Chapter 37

Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 37 - Michael Stewart, a Canadian at the University of Michigan on a Computer Science scholarship, is seen shooting at a free skate and is asked to try out for the U of M Men's hockey team. This story follows Mike's first year as he tries to fit hockey into a busy school schedule and a possible new girl friend.

Caution: This Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Celebrity   School  

Waking up alone is not fun, but then again neither is sleeping alone. Looking up at the ceiling, I thought about being alone for the next few weeks. It sucked to say the least but I knew I had to keep busy. Turning onto my side, I pushed myself up and went and had a shower to wake up. I grabbed a diet coke after dressing and left the apartment dressed in full winter gear as it looked cold outside. It took a while to get old Bessie warmed up, but finally she was ready and got me to the arena.

I found a bundle of new sticks for me to try out leaning on my locker when I first got in. I carried some of new ones out to the ice along with a couple of my current versions to compare their qualities. Rolf had Patrick set up as usual; he knew I would probably be here just like Chris did.

After a warm up skate, I ran through my usual routine from the point and then from the right wing position using both sticks. The new sticks were graphite sticks and were lighter but still seemed to hold up fine so far under normal shooting conditions. I put them through the full power shots from the point and all three new ones I tried held up. I was impressed and hoped they would stand up to game conditions when I would have to block shots as well.

A few guys trickled in for practice, mostly the rookies and non-starters, and then the coaches came out on time. They surveyed who came and then broke us into two teams, with enough on each team for one line, one pair of defence and three subs. They had us practice set plays against each other for a bit and then we had a scrimmage. It basically gave the coaches time to work with the rookies more closely while giving the non-starters more ice time. The coaches stopped the game more than usual as they pointed things out to individual players.

The thing I liked was that we substituted for the player's position as they came off the ice. I got to play every position at least once and enjoyed the challenge of playing centre. It was cool to distribute the puck to the wingers after carrying it through the neutral zone. Lining up in front of the net was challenging as I got to battle with the defence for position.

They let us go around nine and I headed back to the apartment after showering and having breakfast at the cafeteria. I was at a loss at what to do; there was nothing I had to do really so I powered up my laptop and checked emails before playing some games.

After lunch, I gave Aunt Nancy a call and left a message telling her I would be visiting on my own and asked her when a good time to visit this week was. I read some more of my programming textbook and then started on the calculus text.

I left early for practice and first stopped by the college bookstore and picked up the textbooks I needed for Philosophy and database programming. A quick drive to the arena and I was suited up, still early. I went out to the hall and took up my usual position watching the figure skaters. There weren't as many out on the ice as usual, but Casey was there, practicing her routine. She looked beautiful as always as she glided through her program, without a mistake that I could pick up.

Eventually they were done and they filed past me, the girls giving me less than friendly looks. The coach glared at me as she walked by with Casey. Casey avoided looking at me and didn't look back as I followed her with my eyes as she continued down the tunnel. They turned the corner and only the coach turned to look. She shook her head at me and disappeared down the hall.

I wondered what that was all about as I waited for Rolf to clean the ice. It looked like something had displeased the whole team. I wondered what I had done this time. Well, when I pissed off women, I pissed off all of them it seemed. I went out and helped Rolf with the nets and with putting Patrick on the closest one. Using the new sticks for this practice exclusively, I warmed up with some skating and then shooting on Patrick and then Josh, our third goalie.

The coaches came out and had us working on special teams for awhile before we had another scrimmage. It was fun as we continued to switch positions every time we replaced a skater. There wasn't any hitting so we had to poke check the puck off opposing players. It let everyone take chances with the puck as they came in on net as they knew they couldn't get hit. Don, a rookie defenceman, whooped it up after rushing in on Bob from the side and scoring on a soft shot. We all razed him for taking advantage of the no hitting rule.

"What? That was a great goal!" Don said in surprise.

"Mr. Farr, you would have been put on your butt before you had gotten half way to the net," Fred told him. "Let's not develop bad habits gentlemen."

We played for a bit longer and then called it a day. I was quickly showered and dressed and headed out to my car. I drove home and found a message from Aunt Nancy telling me I could come up any time, and she would love it if I was at their New Year's Eve party at their house. I thought about it and decided to take her up on her invitation and head up Wednesday after morning practice. It would be about a five hour trip from Ann Arbor including customs at the bridge.

I grabbed some leftovers for supper and found a game on TV. During the first intermission I called back Aunt Nancy and she answered this time.

"Hello?"

"Hi Aunt Nancy, it's Mike," I said. "How are you?"

"I'm good thanks, and you?" she responded.

"Doing fine, thanks" I replied. "I'm good to come up Wednesday, New Year's Eve day if that's ok? I should be out of here by nine thirty and get there by two thirty at the latest, unless the weather gets bad."

"That's terrific Mike, the girls and I can't wait the see you," she replied cheerfully. "We'll have a room ready for you. Are you bringing a guest?"

"Nope, everyone is in New York so no guest," I responded.

"Well, I'm sorry to hear that but glad that you're coming here then so you're not alone," she said. "We're having a party here that night so you should have some fun, they'll be lots of people, a bunch in your age group."

"Good to hear it," I said. "Is there a gym nearby? I need to work out while I'm there if at all possible."

"Oh we have a bike and one of those universal machines you can use if that's good enough?" she told me.

"That should be fine Aunt Nancy," I responded. "Ok, I'll let you know when I'm leaving and call if I'm delayed."

"Ok Mike, have a safe trip and we'll see you Wednesday afternoon," she replied.

We hung up and I finished watching the game before heading to bed. I fell asleep thinking about the how things had changed so quickly.

Tuesday's morning practice was more of the same, scrimmaging and advice from the coaches. After practice I did a full workout in the weight room before showering. I had lunch in the cafeteria and then hunkered down in the corner with my new textbooks. I read the first couple of chapters of the database programming book and then the Philosophy textbook.

I noticed some of the figure skaters come in during lunch while I was studying but didn't ogle them. Every time I looked at them they were frowning at me so I kept my head down, reading a textbook. Finally I had enough of reading and went into the locker room to get ready. I thought I had stayed in the locker room long enough to avoid the figure skaters but they started turning the corner as I came out.

They looked at me with the same frowns as yesterday and I almost ran into Casey as I rounded the corner. She was walking with her coach and we had to stop suddenly.

"Does your girlfriend know you like to ogle other women?" the coach asked in disgust.

"It's a very bad habit of mine and I'm sorry to be so rude," I told them while looking at Casey. "You're a very graceful skater and I get caught up watching your routine. I apologize for staring and it won't happen again."

I stepped aside and continued down the tunnel without looking back. I guess not everyone likes to be looked at like Steph did. They must have seen some media thing lately to know about Vicky.

I went out to practice with most of my mind on what just happened. Luckily practice was more scrimmaging, so I didn't need my head in the game. After a bit I tried to put her out of my mind; at least I didn't have to worry about her becoming a friend, let alone a friend with benefits.

After practice I told Fred about my trip to Toronto after tomorrow's practice and he wished me luck. I had a quick shower and got dressed before heading up to the lobby carrying my book bag on my shoulder. I exited the arena and started my car before getting out to chisel off the windows.

A short Japanese girl left the arena and started walking through the parking lot. I kept an eye on her just out of normal concern. She was bundled up in a winter coat with hat and gloves so I wasn't staring at her because of her body. She made it to a Honda Civic parked out in a darker area of the parking lot and had just got the door open when a guy came out of the darkness and grabbed her from behind.

I of course went into save the girl mode and ran over. The girl was lifted off her feet as she kicked and struggled. The guy had a hand over her mouth and was trying to push her into the open door. She got her feet on the door frame and pushed back as she tried to get free. The tall, bulky black guy had his other arm around her waist and pulled her back, dropping her feet from the doorway. He bent her over with his weight and let her mouth go so he could push her in with both hands.

She screamed as he lifted and pushed her in just as I arrived. The look on his face was almost comical as he turned to look at me as my fist came at his head. He was fast in reacting and the blow hit his cheek rather than his nose. He staggered back against the car and took another right to the face before he could get his arms up. Then he started fighting back and he knew what he was doing. I quickly took a couple of shots to the face before I put up any guard.

"You stuck your nose in something you shouldn't have white boy," he said as he slipped another jab past my guard and hit my jaw. "Now you pay the price before I take the little Jap girl and her car."

I saw stars for a second and then lost it. I moved in and, ignoring another punch, drove my shoulder into him and started pounding him through his raised arms. It didn't matter if my fists or his own hit his face as I pummelled him. I switched to his stomach and swung an uppercut into his exposed gut and that did it. He dropped his arms and my next punch connected with his jaw and I felt it give as he dropped to the ground. I staggered back a step as he rolled onto my feet and lay still.

I looked into the car and saw that she had her legs ready to kick out and made sure she knew I was not going to hurt her.

"It's ok, he's down," I assured her. "I think I broke his jaw. Are you ok? Did he hurt you?"

"I hit my head on the door frame and I think I cut my forehead," she said. "I'm a little dizzy actually. Who are you?"

"It's Mike Stewart," I told her. "You're safe now. Can you stand up?"

I held my hand for her and she grabbed it with both of hers and pulled herself up and out of the car. She was dizzy and I had to hold her steady as she grabbed for my arms.

"Easy now, just stay still for a minute," I told her.

"Wow, everything is spinning around and a bit blurry," she said.

"Ok, I'm going to call for help," I said, holding her with one hand while pulling out my phone.

I punched in 911 and had an operator answer in seconds.

"What is the nature of your emergency?" she asked.

"Aborted car hijacking and assault on a girl at the U of M hockey arena parking lot," I said. "The guy is down but the girl needs to go to the emergency, she has a cut and a bruise on her forehead and she's dizzy and her vision is blurred."

"We're sending an ambulance and a patrol car immediately," she said. "Stay on the line for a minute while I get that going."

I heard her through the phone talking to someone else and took a second to look at the attacker, but he was still out. The girl was still wobbly so I lowered her back to the driver's seat and had her sit down.

"Ok, I'm back," the operator said. "They're on their way. Who is this?"

"Mike Stewart," I replied. "I was scrapping my car windows when I saw her get attacked from behind and came over to help."

"Ok Mike, who is the girl?"

"She's one of the figure skaters on the University team, but I don't know her name," I told her. "Hang on a sec, I'll ask her."

I kneeled and asked her what her name was.

"Mitsuko Matsuda, but I go by Mitsy," she said.

"Her name is Mitsuko Matsuda, or Mitsy," I told the operator.

I heard sirens approaching and the hijacker stirred. I moved to him and said, "Don't even think about getting up punk."

He groaned but kept on the ground.

"Is the attacker still unconscious?" she asked in my ear.

"He's stirring and groaning, I think I broke his jaw," I said.

"With what?" she asked.

"My fist," I said. "He put up a pretty good fight. Ok, the patrol car is pulling in. Can you tell him in the far end where it's pretty dark. And tell him the big guy holding the phone is a good guy ok?"

"Just a sec," she replied and I heard her talking on another line.

The patrol car pulled in fast and turned towards us with all of their spotlights on. I was blinded and had to put one hand up to shade my eyes. They came out with their hands on their guns in the holster but didn't draw them as they came over.

"Hi, I'm Mike Stewart, I called it in," I told them. "This guy attacked Mitsy here and she needs to get to the hospital, she's hit her head pretty hard."

"Ok, Mike, I'm Officer Peterson and this is Officer Carlson," the driver said. "An ambulance is on its way and we'll get you both there. Let us take care of your attacker first ok?"

"Sure Officer, be my guest," I said. "I think I broke his jaw."

They both approached the hijacker and expertly had his arms behind him and handcuffed before they turned him over. His jaw sagged a bit when he lay on his back and he screamed in pain.

"Yeah, I guess you did break his jaw," the other guy said. "You took this guy out on your own? What did you hit him with?"

"My fist," I told him. "I hit him pretty hard in the stomach too, so you better check that out too."

"I guess so," he said, looking at his partner. "You better call for a second ambulance, he's not going to lock-up like that."

The driver got on his radio and requested a second ambulance.

"Mike, I'm going to sign off now, you're in good hands," the operator said into my ear.

"Ok, thanks for all of your help," I told her.

"You're welcome, and thank you for helping out Mitsy," she said.

"Like I could just stand around and see her get hurt," I said. "Anyone would have done the same."

"No, not everyone I'm afraid," she said. "Ok, good bye Mike and good luck."

"Good bye," I replied and hung up my phone.

A second police car roared up and soon spectators came over from the arena.

"Mike, I don't feel so good," Mitsy said.

"Hang on Mitsy, the ambulance is on its way, I think I hear it now," I reassured her as I knelt down.

"Ok, but I'm going to be sick," she said and promptly threw up on my legs.

I tried to scramble out of the way but it hit my lower legs.

"Sorry," she said as she finished up.

"It's ok, you couldn't help it," I said.

She sat back up and the ambulance came roaring up.

The police had them look at Mitsy and then at the attacker, explaining what I had said. The split apart and attended to both until the second ambulance came for the criminal. The first set of attendants quickly had Mitsy on a stretcher as her coach came up to see what had happened.

"She was attacked by that guy and she hit her head pretty hard. I think she might have a concussion, Coach," I told her.

She took over handling the personal information stuff with the ambulance attendants and got in the ambulance to go with her to the hospital. The second set of attendants had a brace on the neck of the hijacker and they were in the process of getting him on the stretcher.

Fred and Frank came over to me and asked what happened. I gave them the rundown and they thanked me and then suggested that I visit the hospital as well.

"What for, I didn't get hurt bad?" I asked. "I got one in the cheek and another one up by my eye but I feel ok."

"Mike, it looks like you took a few to the face, you're cut on your cheek and it's bruising pretty badly," Fred said. "From the size of that guy, I bet he didn't go quietly."

"Yeah, he surprised me, he knew how to box and got a few through before I went a little crazy," I told him.

"You better get it looked at officially," Fred suggested. "I'll drive you over when you're done here."

"I'm ok to drive myself Coach, no need for you to hang out all night in a waiting room for a scratch," I replied.

The first set of officers came over and asked to get a statement of what happened. Coach suggested we move to the lobby where it was warmer and they agreed. We walked through the small crowd and sat in the lobby.

Chris had come up and handed me a towel to wipe of my pants and shoes and then took a quick look at my face.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.