The Defenceman - Cover

The Defenceman

Copyright© 2009 by Cold Creek

Chapter 36

Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 36 - Michael Stewart, a Canadian at the University of Michigan on a Computer Science scholarship, is seen shooting at a free skate and is asked to try out for the U of M Men's hockey team. This story follows Mike's first year as he tries to fit hockey into a busy school schedule and a possible new girl friend.

Caution: This Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Celebrity   School  

I woke up alone for the first time since before Thanksgiving. Last night's sleep was restless at best but I felt a bit lonely this morning, even though the girls never got up with me this early anyway.

I got dressed and grabbed a diet coke for the road. I was there early as usual and had a good stretch before going out to skate. I got into the skating as it had been a few days since I had last laced up the skates. Shooting came next from the point, the right side boards and close in on Patrick. It took time to get my eye back but eventually the pucks started going in more frequently. Finally I did the various skating exercises that defencemen and forwards did as a way to develop their skill set.

I went back to the bench and took a seat to rest as I waited for the rest of the team to join me on the ice. They trickled in and we didn't have a full compliment when the coaches appeared.

"A few of the team took the opportunity to go back home over the weekend and were given today off," Fred told us. "No matter, we have plenty enough for what we need to do."

The coaches had us practicing all aspects of the game, offence, defence and special teams. I was still on the fourth line and surprisingly kept up with my linemates as we played offence or defence. We played pretty aggressively in the offensive zone as we tried to outwork the line playing against us. I loved being able to hit people but didn't set out to hurt anyone. Once I got the puck away from a defender, I was looking for a linemate in front of the net or I took it hard to the net if there was any opening. The third option was back to the point and then I provided screen in front if I could get there in time.

We worked on carrying in the puck as well, rather than dumping it and chasing it. Peter would carry it up and hit either Victor or myself with a pass just as we crossed the blueline. Either we would try and beat the defenceman wide or pass the puck, either in front of the net or behind it. Once and a while we would drop pass it to Peter who had ducked behind us or the trailing defenceman. We got to practice each move during our turns. I felt good after the end of offensive practice for our line.

Next we went on defence, switching with the first line. Now we had to defend against the same things we had just practiced on them. I had to learn, over and over it seemed, who my responsibility was, as they came in on us. In most cases it was the left defenceman or the late man coming in for a pass back to him. The defencemen and the centre had responsibility for the three forwards in deep. Sometimes it was ok to cheat and slide down deeper into our zone to help, but me or Victor would have to rush out to block a shot from the point if we went too far in.

That was the normal responsibilities if the team was in the zone set up. I had to learn what to do when it was an odd man rush, taking the trailer in most cases. The situations were too numerous to be able to plan for them all, but when in doubt, Sam told me to pick a man and stick with him.

One thing I did like was to hurry the defenceman at the point. If I could fluster him into making a mistake, the puck sometimes came loose and I had a free path to the other goal. After I delivered a couple of hard hits, they either learned to get rid of the puck faster or got run over. I hit John once as the puck came back too slow to him from his forward. He went flying backwards onto his butt and I went in alone on Mark. I faked a close in slap shot and then did a double move that had him down and out on one side while I calmly slipped it into the other side.

"I'm glad you're on our side," Mark said as he got up.

"Lucky break," I said and skated back.

"Quit making me look bad Stewart!" John said, skating by.

"Quit making it so easy to!" I said with a laugh.

We took half an hour practicing the special teams. Fred and Frank wanted to use me on first power play unit at the point, and on the second penalty killing unit on defence. That would give the normal defencemen a bit of rest while giving me more ice time.

I was paired with John for both the power play and the penalty kill, which didn't sit well with Samuels, but made John happy. I soon had everyone ducking as I took shots from the point. I actually broke two sticks in about ten minutes and I made a note to get with Chris, the equipment manager and trainer, to see what he thought.

The final fifteen minutes was a scrimmage with two sets of lines on each side and two pair of defencemen on each. Some of the players were the scout team rookies but they had been with their lines or defence pairing all practice, so they knew what to do.

I really got into the game and loved the up tempo pace we were getting into. I kept my head and didn't hit anyone too hard, but they knew I wasn't giving them a free ride either. About five minutes in Peter hit me with a pass as I was going full speed crossing their blueline and I was between the two defencemen before they could do anything but try to hook me down. I was pulled a bit off balance by the stick on my arm but I shook it off, got my stick down on the ice just in time to pull the puck away from Mark's poke check attempt and flip it into the net above him as I skated by.

I gave Peter a glove for the great pass and we changed with the other line at the bench.

"Did you practice every day the last couple of weeks with the Red Wings or something?" Victor asked.

"I wish," I replied. "I got in several practices but by myself. I worked out a lot though."

"Well, you seem to have caught on pretty quickly," Peter put his two cents in.

"Thanks, but it's mostly because of you two guys helping out," I told him. "I appreciate all that you have done to make things easier for me."

"No problem but we didn't do much," Peter replied.

We got out a couple more times and this time I set up Victor in front of the net and he beat Mark on his glove side. I had out hustled Samuels for the puck behind the net and he slammed his stick into the wall afterwards. I loved making him look bad but I didn't let it show.

The coaches called it a practice soon after and gathered us together.

"So, we have the Great Lakes Invitational down in Detroit at the Joe Louis Arena this weekend. We play the first game Saturday afternoon and if we win against the Michigan Tech Huskies, we play the winner of the second game, which is Michigan State versus North Dakota, on Sunday night. We're going to practice every day, normal times morning and afternoon, except Christmas. Those who need an extra day to get home and back to be with family let the coaches know today. I would rather have you miss the twenty fourth than the twenty sixth if you can arrange it. Ok see you at four this afternoon."

I found Chris in the equipment room and we talked about the sticks.

"You've gotten stronger Mike, it was bound to happen," Chris said. "I'll talk to my suppliers and see what they can send me. They must have the same problem with their pro players. I'll make sure to have more sticks ready on the bench for you during the game."

I thanked him and went to shower. After getting dressed, I grabbed some food and then headed out to the nearest mall. I still had to Christmas shop for the girls and their parents. I also wanted to get something for the Merks boys.

I went to a jewellery store and looked at their selection of necklaces and pendants along with their matching earrings. I picked out sets that would look good with each of the girls' colouring, both hair and eyes; emeralds for Red, rubies for Steph, diamonds for Vicky and Becky. I chose the best gold necklaces and settings I could find for each of them. I paid extra to have their names and I love you engraved on the back of the pendants. I got Sammi a smaller set of pink sapphires on a necklace pendant and matching earring but just got her name engraved.

I went into an electronics store and got all of us the latest and greatest iPods and then carried my packages to my car and locked them in the trunk. I went back into the mall and hit a toy store. I wasn't sure what to get the boys so I called Steph.

"Hey Princess, how are you today?" I asked.

"Hi Mikey, I'm doing fine, we're having fun shopping," she said. "How was practice?"

"Good, need a favour though, I'm shopping for the boys and don't know what to get them. What are they into?" I asked.

"Mikey, you don't have to get them anything," she protested.

"I would look like the Grinch if I showed up with nothing for them," I said. "I'm at the toy store, just lead me in the right direction; Lego, Star Wars figurines, cars, trucks. Do you have a Wii system yet?"

"Ok, we don't have a Wii system and don't get one," Steph said. "They like Lego, Star Wars Lego is good. Any type of action figures are good, they love dinosaurs and lizards. Hockey stuff is good, they love the Red Wings. Don't get them your jersey; we're going to give them that. Try and get them one educational thing so my parents don't freak."

"Ok, Lego, Star Wars, dinosaurs, lizards, Red Wing stuff and educational stuff," I recited. "Do they have a good telescope?"

"Nope, or a globe either," Steph informed me.

"Great, now what would your parents like?" I asked. "Dinner and a movie or maybe concert tickets, some type of show?"

"Boy, you're really going all out to impress our family Michael, what gives?" she asked in a happy voice.

"I can't just come over and not have something for them Princess," I said. "Your mother knows we're together, I would look like Scrooge if I didn't get them something."

"Dinner and a movie would be fine, if we provided babysitting service as well," she told me. "Just go to a Star theatre and get a booklet and it will get used. They love Red Lobster, so get them a gift certificate from there."

"Thanks Steph, you're the best," I told her.

"I know, I know," she said with a giggle. "So what are you getting me?"

"I thought I would get you some high heel boots so you would feel tall," I said.

"I hate you Michael Stewart," she said.

"What, too much?" I asked.

"You're getting coal dumped down your shorts Mister," she said. "I'm hanging up now."

"I love you Princess," I told her.

"I hate you Mikey," she replied.

"Hey, put Vicky or Becky on the phone will you?" I asked.

"Why are you such a meany, Michael?" Vicky asked.

"Like I was going to tell her what I got her," I said. "So, how about your parents; dinner and a movie, concert tickets, sports tickets, show tickets?"

"We're getting them a vacation down south, do you want to go in with us?" she asked.

"Thanks, but I'll let you two mega super models buy your parents affection," I said glibly. "I just want to spend a couple hundred."

"Oh, you're real mean today Michael," Vicky said. "Ok, you would have to go to Dearborn and get a gift certificate from Bondy's for the dinner. You could do that and get some Star Theatres certificates. Or you can get them a pair of Red Wing tickets online if you like. They haven't gone to a game in a while so they would like that as well."

"Ok Darling, thanks for the advice," I replied. "Say hi to everyone else and I'll see you ladies after six. Where shall we meet?"

"Come on over here, we're going to cook with all our new stuff we're in the midst of buying," she said.

"Ok, have fun, I love you Darling," I said.

"I love you to Michael," she replied. "Here's Steph."

"I don't hate you anymore Mikey," Steph told me. "See you tonight."

"I still love you Princess," I said and then hung up with a smile.

I picked out two big Lego sets, one for each boy in their age group and put them in my cart. I went to the figurine aisle and picked out two similar but different dinosaur sets and then a package of rubber lizards. I found a nice telescope and a globe and then went to the checkout and paid for the lot.

I stashed the packages in the car and went in to a sports store. I grabbed two Redwing caps and jerseys in kid's sizes and paid for them. The mall had a Star Theatre so I got two family booklets.

I was done at the mall so I drove to a Red Lobster and got a hundred dollar gift certificate for the Merks. After a quick stop at a drug store for tape and wrapping paper, I drove home and brought all my packages in.

I ate a late lunch and then quickly went online and bought two tickets to a Red Wings game in January. Then I headed back over to arena and got changed. I was early and watched the figure skaters. My favourite ballerina on ice was on the ice. I had found out her name was Casey Simmons, and that she was a fellow freshman. I leaned on the wall and followed her every move. She was graceful as a swan, even though taller than her teammates. She made everything look easy as she glided through her routine.

They finally finished up and walked by me to their dressing room. I kept a smile on my face as some of the ladies smiled back up at me. Casey was always the last one off the ice, still doing a twirl or a spin until the end. She seemed in a really good mood and she even flashed me a smile as she moved past me. I looked back at her and admired her lovely figure until she looked back as she turned the corner. She blushed and continued walking.

I went out on the ice and helped Rolf move the nets onto the ice after he had cleaned it. He had Patrick on one net already so we were ready to go soon as he shut the Zamboni doors. My teammates joined me shortly thereafter as I stretched.

Practice was a copy of the mornings as we fit in role players into our lines. I made a few mistakes, passing behind Victor, missing a defensive assignment, going offside more than once. But I was gradually gaining a little confidence in playing the forward position.

I caught a glimpse of Casey sitting high in the stands, wrapped up in her Michigan winter jacket, watching the practice. Her hands were in her pockets and her feet were on the back of the seat in front of her, causing her knees to bend in front of her.

I made sure not to stare at her when I was on the ice and she was sitting behind the benches so I couldn't watch her on the bench either. When the practice was over, I looked up to see her walking up the stairs to the top exit, her fabulous legs encased in a pair of black tights. I nearly ran into the guy in front of me as I stared at her before she disappeared out of sight.

I shook my head as I thought about my fascination with her. Here I was with five gorgeous women in my life and I couldn't keep my eyes off of Casey. I was going to hell, no doubt about it. Hopefully Casey had a boyfriend and he was on the team so I wouldn't be tempted.

I got dressed and headed out to the parking lot. I looked around for her but she wasn't in sight. I drove to the condo so I could stare at other women's gorgeous legs and bodies, ones that I might be able to touch. I parked out in front of the building and made a note to get the code for the garage so I could take advantage of the extra parking spot. I buzzed up to the condo and, after teasing me for a minute, Sammi let in.

I took the elevator up to the eighth floor and found Sammi leaning sexily on the door frame. She was in a short black mini-skirt and a form fitting white tee-shirt and she looked at me with a sultry stare.

"Sammi honey, you look positively stunning," I said. "What a sight to be greeted by after a long day of practice."

"I thought you would like it," Sammi replied with a smile. "I love it when you look at me like you want to eat me up."

"Girl, you are a minx," I said, avoiding her as she tried to pin me against the wall.

I shut the door behind us and found the other three women standing there all dressed just as sexily as Sammi, in short skirts and clingy tops.

"Wow ladies, you are a fantastic sight to see after a long day," I remarked.

They came over and the twins and Steph gave me nice kisses and hugs, before they guided me over to the dining room table.

"Dinner is ready so we'll bring it out now Sweetie," Vicky said. "You sit down and we'll serve you."

I smiled and sat down, wondering what was up. They were dressed way too sexily and serving me dinner never happened like this before. Not that I minded their dress or the special service, but I knew them too well to know they were trying to get me to do something I probably didn't want to do or had bad news.

The girls came out platters of pork chops, chicken, mashed potatoes, vegetables and hot buns. They poured wine in all the glasses except diet coke in mine. Finally they all sat down.

"Ladies, this looks fantastic and with all of you here, dressed like that, I'm just overwhelmed," I said. "Thank you for taking so much time and energy tonight."

"You're worth it Mikey," Steph said. "We missed having you around last night and today."

"I missed you all too," I responded.

We all dug in and filled our plates, helping each other get food from the too far to reach platters. The food was excellent and I let them all know it, getting pleased smiles back in return. For dessert, a cherry pie was brought out and divided into five slices and topped with ice cream.

The girls wouldn't let me help with the cleanup so I sat in the living room by myself until they all came out to join me. They took seats around me and brought their drinks with them.

"So, now that you have me fed and visually stimulated, why don't you tell me the bad news or ask me what it is you want me to do?" I asked.

"I told you guys you couldn't fool him," Steph said.

"I don't pretend to be brilliant when it comes to women, but I'm not an idiot, ladies," I said exasperated. "Why not just come out and say what's up?"

Vicky looked around and sighed, "Steve called and wants us back in New York tomorrow morning. Bob wants to make an offer to Sammi, supposedly an up and up offer and no funny stuff."

"What did Steve say about it? Could he talk honestly?" I asked.

"Not the first time, but he called later from a pay phone and told us that it would almost match our individual ones and there were no hidden clauses," Becky said. "It's an unheard of deal for an unknown girl, but everyone who sees her knows she's going to be big."

"I thought you guys were going to talk about your proposal with their parents?" I asked.

"This is a huge opportunity for her, and Steve and Diane would work with her as well," Amy said. "We've got Steve to modify it to go until our contract is up so we can all go our way at the same time. This will make her a supermodel and then we can all make out like bandits afterwards."

"So do you trust this Bob and the others?" I asked.

"No, but we also had Steve put in sexual harassment clauses and security for her," Vicky said.

"Have you talked to your parents?" I asked Steph.

"Yes, and they're going to meet us there tomorrow afternoon," Steph said.

"Why do none of you seem excited about it if it is such a great deal for her?" I asked.

"Her parents will only agree if Steph or the three of us would be there for Sammi all the time," Becky replied. "We will be there some of the time but couldn't guarantee all the time."

"So Steph would have to give up on college for a while," I stated, looking over at her.

"The agency offered one hundred and fifty thousand for me to be her personal assistant, and Sammi said she would give me another one hundred thousand," Steph said. "We would have our own two bedroom apartment down the hall from these three and would have limo service and one security guy when we're out and on shoots. Barry gets to pick him so we know he'll be ok. They made an offer that covered all our issues. I guess Bob told Steve to write a contract that we couldn't refuse."

"So you go back tomorrow and sign it with your parents if everyone agrees," I said. "Then what happens?"

"We come back here for Christmas and then leave for New York Monday morning, December twenty ninth," Sammi said. "The first shoot would be Monday afternoon morning and the twins and Amy said they would be there to help."

"Damn that's quick," I said. "It's an opportunity that you can't pass up but I hardly got to know you before you have to leave Sammi. And Steph is leaving as well, that really sucks. Now I have five women to worry about working for those slimeballs when I can't be there to protect you."

"We have security as well as Steve, Darlene and Diane to help watch over us," Steph said. "We'll be careful and come back here as often as we can."

"What about this place?" I asked.

"We could keep it for when we visit or just sell it to you cheap," Vicky said.

"Anything else happen?" I asked, looking around at them.

"We want to hire you someone else to take care of you here," Becky said.

"No, I'll be fine," I said flatly.

"Michael," Vicky started.

"I said no," I repeated firmly.

"Ok Sweetie," she responded. "I'm sorry about all this; you keep getting left behind while we get the benefits of knowing you."

"Yeah it sucks," I said, getting up. "Thanks for dinner ladies; I'm going to head back to the apartment. Have a good trip and I'll see you when you get back."

"Don't go Michael, at least stay the night with us," Steph said.

"You have to get up early to get to the airport and I have to get up early for practice, so let's call it a night," I said. "Be safe tomorrow ok?"

"Michael, you can't run from this, we need to talk about it," Vicky said. "You're obviously upset."

"What's there to talk about?" I asked. "Have a good trip."

They all got up and followed me to the door. I got on my boots and coat and wished them a good night and then out of there as fast as I could. Instead of going home, I went to the arena and did a full workout, until I tired myself out. I showered in the locker room and then headed home.

I knew I acted poorly but I was tired of everyone leaving me, my parents, the twins and now the Merks sisters. It was again an opportunity too good to pass up. I knew that but I didn't have to act like I was happy about it. I would act better when they got back.

I got into the apartment and spent some time wrapping my gifts to the girls and their brothers before heading to bed. I had a hard time falling asleep and made sure the alarm was on.

Tuesday morning I got up groggily and had to have a diet coke right away to wake up. I took another one for the road and drove over to the arena. After getting changed, I called and left a message on Steph's phone and then Vicky's phone, apologizing for being such an ass last night. I wished them a safe trip and said I would see them when they got back.

I left the phone in the locker room as always and left for the ice. I took my feelings out on the pucks and Patrick after the usual stretch and warm-up skate. It felt good to take out my anger on inanimate objects as my teammates wouldn't appreciate it if I took it out on them.

The team straggled onto the ice and I stopped shooting while they skated and warmed up. Eventually the coaches got the practice going and tailored our offence and defensive schemes to Michigan Tech's game, our opponent on Saturday afternoon. They were a fast smaller team, so we would dump the puck in and punish their defenceman with hits as we chased the puck in. Then we would take the puck hard to the net and hopefully overpower their defence and forwards for chances in front of the net.

On defence we had to slow them down with a trap in the neutral zone and hit him hard as they came in. It would be a physical game and I hoped I would get a chance to prove I could contribute on offence.

Practice was very physical on both sides of the puck as we battled like the coaches wanted to see. No one got into a fight or anything, but everyone knew to keep an eye out for a hit. Our scrimmage at the end of the practice was chippy as players remembered numbers from earlier hits and got their payback. Everyone always took an opportunity to hit me but kept it clean, which was all I wanted.

I got showered and dressed before having breakfast in the cafeteria. I checked my phone and listened to the message back from Vicky. She said I had acted immaturely and I couldn't keep running from every problem. She ended it by saying we needed to sit down and talk when they got back.

I went back to the apartment and did some cleaning and laundry. I checked my email and then relaxed by playing some computer games until lunch. After lunch I lay down on the bed and had a nap.

I got up around three and, after a quick shower, headed to the arena. I was really early so I watched the figure skaters from the windows in the lobby overlooking the rink while eating a sausage. Casey was her usual graceful self but looked even more beautiful as she wore a figure skater's dress instead of the usual tights. She looked very sexy in the short dress, her long, thin but muscular legs and derriere looking especially tight and firm.

I got up and went and got changed for practice and still was early. The ladies took their turns with some jump sequences until it was time to leave the ice. I received smiles and greeting from some the ladies as they walked by; even Casey said hi, which I returned. I had to look at her as she walked away and she looked back as well, this time with a smile.

After Rolf cleaned the ice, we all got on and did the usual warm-up stuff and then shot on the goalies. We worked on special teams first today and then had a longer scrimmage. The coaches would stop the play more often to point out things as they happened, rather than waiting until the end or on the bench.

I got showered and changed after practice was done and grabbed some dinner in the cafeteria before heading home. I watched some TV and checked email and basically lazed around.

Finally my phone rang around eight and I saw it was Steph before I picked it up.

"Hey Steph, how did it go?" I asked.

"Hey Mikey, things took longer than anticipated, but we got a deal done just a little while ago," Steph said.

"Congratulations Steph and let Sammi know the same," I said.

"Thanks. I'll let her know," Steph replied. "As you can imagine, we're all bushed so we're staying the night at the Plaza and flying home tomorrow. It's hectic with the boys here as you can imagine, so I can't talk long."

"That's ok, thanks for keeping me in the loop," I told her. "You get back in the morning or afternoon?"

"Just after noon and we'll be driving straight to Pontiac with the rents," she informed me. "The twins are coming back on the same flight. I think the twins are going directly to Dearborn and want you to meet them there after practice. We would like you to come to Pontiac for Christmas dinner but you won't be able to stay over and you have practice on Friday morning anyway. Vicky will call you later to confirm."

"Is everyone still leaving Monday morning?" I asked.

"No, we have to leave Sunday, so we won't see your Sunday night game," she said. "They want the three of them in the studio first thing Monday, they have plans to use Sammi as a contrast between the twins on a few ad campaigns and they want to see how they look together. It gives the twins a chance to work with Sammi and show her the ropes and Amy can work with me at the same time."

"It sounds like you ladies have it all planned out," I said.

"I'm so sorry about this Mikey, I don't want to leave you or school, but she's my baby sister and she still needs me," Steph said. "It's not about the money for me, it's about her; you know that right?"

"I know Steph, and I agree, she needs you more than I do right now," I assured her. "You need to keep her safe and on track. Don't let her boss you around either. I know she's been trying to."

"Don't worry, the rents are letting her know who's the boss and they control the money because she's only sixteen," she replied. "We talked a lot last night after you left and the twins and the twins made sure Sammi knew how to act properly and not turn into a spoiled rich bitch. For now I think we have her under control, though she's lusting after you and wants you before we head back."

"That's not going to happen," I said. "She better get that out of her head."

"Boy, she is not going to like that idea, let me tell you," Steph replied. "You better have a good reason and extreme willpower."

"I'm not going to give in, she's too young and she's leaving after this weekend," I told her. "I'm not going to just jump into bed with her one time, just to remove her virginity."

"I can see your point but she's pretty adamant Mikey," Steph told me.

"Contradictory to popular opinion, I can say no to a woman," I rebutted.

"She's part of the group now Mikey," Steph reminded me.

"She's not in the group yet, not in that way; and neither is Amy really," I said. "I'm thinking that it might be better to let you five be together and try and keep things less complicated."

"It sounds like you're getting ready to break up with us," Steph said.

"I don't know what will happen, I just know that all of you will be very busy and so will I and I don't want you to be tied down to me, especially Sammi," I said. "Amy is with the twins so she really doesn't count but Sammi shouldn't have to wait two years for me. Maybe it would be best for ladies to stay as a group but also see if you would be happier each with your own guys in New York."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.