The Destroyers, Book 3:  Civil War - Cover

The Destroyers, Book 3: Civil War

Copyright© 2009 by Monbade

Chapter 2; Civil War Part 2

Civil War Part 2

Washington DC

Twenty-four hours before the attack on the docks, several congressional representatives and senators were having a small poker party at one of the member's houses. Tony Garcia, a Representative from the State of New Mexico was just reaching for the next card when the front door was kicked in. Standing in the doorway was a man in a camouflage uniform that seemed to shimmer as he stood there.

"What..." is all he got out when he was flipped out of the chair by the needler fire.

The man in the door, opened fire with the weapon clutched in his right fist, he killed the five-house member's instantly as he held the trigger down, and walked the fire through the room. He emptied the fifty round clip, and reloaded. With a grin, James Reginald turned and took one step, as the door across the way opened and three men come out with weapons raised. They all opened fire at the same time and when it was over, four more men were dead.


Senator Howard Marks of Ohio looked up from where he was making love to his wife and froze as he saw the weapon in the man's hand at the window of his bedroom. Before he could move, a sharp pain hit him in the chest as the weapon was fired and the explosion of tissue and organs splatter the right side of the room.

Stella felt her husband stop moving and then his body was jerked from her, opening her eyes, she saw the man and started to scream when the trigger was pulled again. The first round hit her in the nose shattering the thirty six year old woman's face, killing her and their unborn child. Several of the senator's guards caught their boss's killer and killed him before he was able to get twenty feet.


All across the great city of Washington D.C., this scene was played out repeatedly, as the government was gutted by these strange men. Men who are wearing the armor and uniforms of the Terran Federation hunted down and killed the members of the government, leaving none alive behind them, Several gunfights broke out and several of the assassins were killed. One of the attacks was at the heart of the government and the strike sent against the White House. All thirty members of the attacking force were killed when they landed on the White House lawns using gravity chutes.


Space Dock One

Twenty-four later, President Kincaide stood at the podium and looked at the reporters gathered before him. All the major news networks were there. Looking into the camera he smiled as he stood there waiting for the signal, he smiled once again as he thought of his plans underway. Already the military has seized control of the House and Senate, arresting all that opposed him. The Chief Justices had been arrested and all were executed less than twenty minutes before. Now the rest will go as well. The mock trials will begin soon, the traitors showing their guilt in the destruction of Reno and the assassination of the justices and congressional representatives.

"Good day, my fellow Americans, it's with sad tidings that I must report a heinous crime committed against the people of the United States. Forty minutes ago, the Chief Justices were found executed along with their families. Also found murdered were two hundred and sixty Members of the House and seventy of the Senate members. These brave men and woman were executed by troops of the so-called 'Terran Federation', several of them were shot trying to get into the White House and five were captured. Therefore, it is with sad tidings, I must issue the following statement: I am declaring a state of emergency for all fifty states and territories of the United States. Therefore, through Homeland Security I am declaring that Martial Law is now in force across the country. There will be a dawn to dusk curfew until these traitors are brought to justice.

"Habeas corpus is hereby suspended and the military now has full authority, along with our security agencies, to deal with the internal problem these traitors have caused. Some of you are asking what it means, and I will give you the United States version of habeas. 'The privilege of the writ of habeas corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in cases of rebellion or invasion the public safety may require it.' As this is both a rebellion and an invasion, I am in my legal right as your elected official to impose it. All law enforcement agencies across the country are now hereby federalized for the duration of the crisis and will report to the FBI. I am bringing our troops home from Europe to help boost our defenses. I urge all our allies to address their internal security because they will be next if we fail.

"Now for the good news. As of twenty minutes ago, United States Marines have seized both space docks that the Federation has built in our orbit. United States mechanized units are in combat with the Federation on the Moon, and in Arizona. I do report one of the primary terrorists has been captured. Mrs. Jenny White was captured in the medical bay where she was recovering from gunshot wounds. The takeover has been bloody, but we are victorious. Enemy combatants killed stand at four hundred and twelve with fourteen hundred captured. Our losses have been very light. That is all I have for you at this time. God bless, and good night America."

As he walked away, the press stood up and started yelling questions to the President, but he continued through the door.


Admiral Farragut watched the President's speech and grinned as the reporters went ballistic with questions for him, and tried to chase after him. Turning to the door as it opened, he stood up.

"Well done, Mr. President."

"Thank you Kevin. It's all your doing. If you had not smuggled those replicator units and spider bots to us with plans on how to adapt them to our computers, and disable their AI's on the docks we would not be in position to become the most powerful country in the world. When we're done, all those rag heads I have had to kiss ass for the last few years will be dead, along with everyone else who has opposed us."

"Just doing my part for God and Country. These bastards are the worst traitors to the human race. I still want Polk and when I am done with him, Mars will be a wasteland. Well, as soon as the battleships are completed."

"You will have your revenge, and you can have Nancy. I know he prevented you from going after her. Hell you can have his granddaughter as well, and what you do with them afterwards, is up to you." Looking at his watch, he continued, "Now I have another appointment. I will see you in thirty minutes at the main AI building. We need to get that computer to finish following our orders."

"Yes, Sir, I will see you then," he said as they walk out the door and went their separate ways.


President Kincaide walked down the hall of the hospital, his legal attaché beside him. Ahead of him, four marines stood guard outside one of the rooms. He was smiling because all his plans were going as planned.

"Ok, Steven, do your job. I will be with Admiral Farragut. We have a lot to talk about."

"Yes, Mr. President."

Pushing the door open, Steven Rickers walked into the room and looked at the young woman lying in the bed. Her long blond hair was brushed and in a ponytail. Her arm was connected to the medical bed by several flex cuffs that are still treating the wounds she received several weeks ago. Her forearms were strapped to the bed to prevent her escape.

Jenny was focused on getting free, when she felt eyes on her, and she looked up at the doorway.

"Who the hell are you?" Jenny said, as she looked at the small man in the grey suit.

Clearing his throat, he begun speaking, "Mrs. White, I am here to inform you that you are being charged with terrorism, under the Patriot Act. You will be moved from this base to a more secure location. You are not entitled to counsel at this time. The following charges are being laid against you and your family. 'Destruction of the City of Reno by a nuclear weapon, detonation of said nuclear weapon, which resulted in the deaths of 375,000 civilians in the city of Reno. Attacking the sovereign nation of Columbia and causing the deaths of hundreds of her civilians and military personal. Possession of weapons of mass destruction..."

"WHAT? You're fucking nuts, we saved most of the people of Reno," Jenny shouted in anger as she sat up and pain went through her chest.

"Mrs. White anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law if we decide to take you to court. Do you understand me?" Steven said as he looked at the pale woman.

Jenny dropped back down on the bed gasping for breath.

"I ... I don't understand. I am not an American, anymore I am a Federation Citizen. You cannot do this to me," Jenny said as her mind raced.

"Yes, we can. Just like we do with other terrorists. I must also inform you that your parents were killed resisting arrest."

Jenny eyes went wide in horror, and then she screamed in outrage and lunged at the man who was accusing her of terrorism and now just told her, her parents were dead.

"You sons of bitches! I will kill you all," Jenny screamed as she started thrashing to get free from the restraints on her arms.

"Mrs. White calm down or you will be sedated."

"My brother's going to kill every fucking one of you bastards."

Jenny started twisting in her bed as she tried to start breaking free. The bed rail started bending under her enhanced strength.

"You better run and hide you fucking weasel," Jenny said with spit flying from her mouth.

The band around her left wrist started to tear as she pulled with all her might. As she muttered repeatedly, "Gonna kill ya."

Then with a final rip the band tore, freeing her left hand.

Steven backed towards the door and as the band broke, fear raced across his face, and he turned to run, he heard a noise and then a sharp pain in his back followed by a spray of blood from his mouth. Looking down he saw the top of the IV stand as his knees buckled, and he started to fall but something yanked him back to the bed. Falling sideways on the bed, he looked up into Jenny's blue eyes.

"Please..."

Jenny reached for his head with both of her hands and with a quick jerk, snapped his neck, and replied, "Fuck you."

Slipping out the bed, she walked quietly to the replicator, and activated it, but it doesn't power up. Speaking in a low voice, she issued orders to the base AI, "AI, please turn the replicator on in front of me."

"Working," replied the computer.

"Replicate me..."

"Sorry that command is disabled."

"What?" Jenny said in surprise and then her training took over, "Command authorization Commander White, executive officer USS Oregon, code Delta, Gamma, Niner, One, Fiver."

"Working, all systems go."

With a smile she repeated her request, "replicator, replicate me a full camo-suit for Commander Jenny White's size, along with two holoemitter's, a PFF unit, plasma pistol, and needler with five clips, spectral goggles and com unit." The replicator came on and Jenny loaded the needler and then started pulling the clothes on. Sealing the skin type camo-suit, she picked up the holoemitter and scanned the dead man, along with herself. Placing the body in the bed, she covered it with a sheet and placed the second emitter on its chest, and turned it on. Once on, she was looking at an image of herself in the bed. With a grin, she placed the second emitter on her hip and turned it on, as she walked towards the door. 'Ready or not, here I come, you fucking traitors, ' she thought to herself.

Walking out the door, she nodded her head to the unknown marine standing there and turned to leave.

"Sir, the President left a message for you. You are to go to the main computer tower, and pick up the evidence against these terrorists. They say they were planning on taking over the world. I hope the President puts them against the wall and lets me put a bullet in their head. Trying to use a race like the Crytherians as an enemy of the human race, well we know the truth, the meeting they had with the President in his office in 2002 proved that. I think these bastards will pay for what they tried to do. Hell they took some of our scientists to their home planet to learn cures for cancer and other disease, so they could heal us."

"Thank you, Corporal, I know where the building is. Mrs. White is under arrest. No one is to see her without my permission," replied Jenny as she listened to the lies from the Corporal.

Coming to attention he said in a clear voice, "Sir! Yes, Sir! I understand, Sir!"

Jenny turned and walked down the hallway, just as she reached the doors to push them open, she stopped as someone said her name.

"Commander White, don't move, or you're dead."

Lieutenant Michael Garret raised the stun baton as Jenny started to shove the doors open and hit her in her back.

Jenny screamed! Pain shot through her lower back, as the baton hit her just above her kidneys at full strength. She shoved her way through the doors, trying to get away from the pain.

Pulling the needler, she whirled and fired it at the men coming through the door. The explosive darts hit the first three men, and their chests exploded into ruin. She activated her force shield and staggered to her feet.

Turning, she started running down the hallway as laser blasts flew past her, or hit her shield. Dodging around the corner, she crashed into three marines and with her enhanced speed. She quickly dispatched them with quick strikes to their throats. Scrambling to her feet, she stuck her arm around the corner and unloaded the last of the fifty round clip, into the hall.

Then she was off again running for the stairway. Just as she shoved the door open, she was hit again by several stun blasts that staggered her, but she stayed up as she squeezed through the opening. Unknown to her, she ripped her shield generator off, and it fell to the floor.

With the door open, she slammed it shut. She reached for her shield emitter, and saw it was gone.

"Damn it," she said.

She slapped her holoemitter and made herself invisible as she felt dizziness coming over her from the stunner blasts she had taken. She turned and started running up the stairs. Behind her, the enemy troops flooded into the stairway, and spread out searching for her. She opened the door on the tenth floor, moved quietly into the hallway. She was looking for a place to hide.

Staggering down the hall and shaking her head, she spotted a place. She climbed up onto a gurney that was sitting beside the wall. Reaching up, she pushed the cover for the vent up and out of the way. She climbed into the air duct. She slipped the vent cover back in place, just as voices came to her. Holding her breath, she waited for them. She watched as ten men passed beneath her, searching for her as they went.

Shaking her head once more, she felt as though she was going to get sick. She slid along the vent, and around the corner. She laid down on the cool metal, and let sleep overtake her.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.