The Destroyers, Book 3:  Civil War - Cover

The Destroyers, Book 3: Civil War

Copyright© 2009 by Monbade

Chapter 1; The Beginning of the 2nd American Civil War

The Beginning of the 2nd

American Civil War

December 23rd

USS Florida

Jonathan Brewer walked down the narrow aisle of the sub He was carrying a plate of sandwiches, and a six-pack of water. After two weeks of being on board, he has come to respect the submariners who spend thirty days at a time in the boats. Passing through the sleeping area, he stepped into where the missile room once was and came to a stop outside one of the twenty cells. He looked in at the man and three children inside the small room.

"Open the door, guard," he said.

"Yes, Sir," the Marine said.

He swiped his card through the reader and entered the cell's code. The door unlocked, and he pushed it open.

"Here's your food, when you're finished--" Sneering at the children to scare them, he continued, "--you get to send a note to your mommy. If she is being a good girl, you will get to see her again. Right now, she is seeing a video of us loading you spawn into the torpedo tubes and us threatening to fire you out as we did that other family. That stupid fuck should have agreed to work with us."

Timothy Lawyers glared at the man and took the plate and water. 'How he wished he could beat the fucking crap out of the man who threatened to kill his children.

With a snarl he snapped back, "You people had better run and hide. Because when the Admiral gets back, he is going to hunt every last one of you down and kill you."

Jonathan looked at the man in surprise. It was the first words he has said to him, since they threatened to jettison his two-year-old daughter, unless he did what they told him to do.

"Admiral Thompson is dead, or he will be in a few hours. Our companions should be taking control of the ships of his fleet in the next few hours. When they get back, anyone who sided with him will be shot. So, you better hope your wife keeps playing along with us. If she doesn't, then we have no use for you or your spawn."

"You people disgust me, threatening children the way you do. You want a fight, how about you and me right now." Timothy said in anger.

"If Admiral Thompson gets back, and he is alive, he won't be able to function, we just killed his family less then ten minutes ago. Just so you know, we are on time for the takeover. Next it will be the world," he said as he started laughing and walked out the door.


December 24th 2005

Federation battleship Yamato

Anya Lawyers cried out in agony as she looked at the image of her daughter being forced into the torpedo tube.

"Look bitch, do what the Commander says or she and the rest of your spawn are dead," the voice from the data pad said.

"What do you want Commander?"

"Show me where the interface is."

"I am right here Commander and I would suggest you surrender."

"No Miss Dwight, you see—" he said as he turned to face her, "--if you do not do what we say, your family is dead as well. We have your mother and sister locked up in a secure facility," he said as he pulled out two photographs, and set them on the table. Each photo showed a woman with a large gun to their heads.

"So now you see, it is you that should surrender."

"I am sorry I cannot. Even though I love my sister and my mother, I cannot betray my oath."

"You will or even her kids will die—" turning to Commander Lawyers he continued, "—show this foolish child. What will happen to your family?"

With tears running down her face, Anya turned the pad so Nancy could see the video, "Please, Nancy, do what they want."

Nancy watched the video, and her heart broke for her friend.

"Please ... oh please, Nancy," Anya begged of her friend.

"Anya..." she said, and then stopped.

"Help them, damn it. They're just babies, children you have met and held in your arms," Anya screamed at Nancy.

'She wanted to help, but her Alpha programming prevented her from doing what they want, ' she thought to herself as she looked at her friend's children and then said the words that would condemn them to death.

"Anya, I'm sorry I cannot. It's not that I don't want to—" looking at her friend, she continued, "—it is that I cannot. I have safety protocols to protect the Federation built into me."

"Look, bitch, the Federation is not real. You are an American citizen you will do as the government says. Now where is your capsule?" snapped the Commander.

"Sir, I am sorry. If my mother and sister must die, there is nothing I can do about it. Commander Lawyers, as to your family, I can only say I am sorry as well."

Suddenly, the com speakers came on line, and Nancy's voice was heard, "Attention all hands, abandon ship! This is not a drill! We have a containment leak in one of the missile storage rooms. You have five minutes to abandon ship. Attention..."

Commander Warren Abrams felt his skin crawled as he thought of the missiles going off.

"What the hell did you do?" he screamed at the AI.

"I am shutting down the containment fields to all the missiles. If you wish to live, I suggest you leave, and leave now. Goodbye, Anya, you have been a true friend."

"No, Nancy! Don't do this." Anya screamed at her friend.

"I have to, it is the protocol. We cannot allow a warship like the Yamato to be captured by any government of the Earth. Now please go. In ninety seconds I fold beyond Pluto's orbit, where I will self-destruct. I am sorry." As the last words left her mouth, she vanished.

"God damn her. She just killed her mother and sister."

"Commander, if you wish to stay here and die, then be my guest. But I am leaving," Anya said as she walked towards the door."

"Commander, no you're not, you will take me to the bitch, and then I am going to kill her. That will stop this bullshit."

Anya turned and looked at the man, "You are an idiot! I do not know where her body is. The only one who does, is the Captain."

Turning she stepped out of the room and headed for the main doors when a gunshot went off, and she felt a sharp pain in her back. As the deck came up towards her, she put her hands out to try to stop herself, but hit with such force that the air was forced out of her lungs.

"I told you, bitch. Now you can stay and die!" Warren said as he walked out the door and through the nearest hatch to get off the ship.

Nancy watched him leave the ship, as her spiderbots carried Anya to medical, to help heal her from her wound.

"Heal, my friend. I will do what I can for your family," she whispered as she looked down on her.

Doing a quick scan, she saw that the crew had left the ship. She began disconnecting the ship from the Space Dock. Moving the ship away from the dock, she brought the fold engines online, and folded to the Kuiper Belt. There she jettisoned three magazines of anti-matter warheads at a large asteroid as she activated her stealth field. Shutting down her beacons, she then folded again to a different location in the belt. Behind her, the explosion lit up the system, showing all who were watching that a ship had exploded, never to be seen again.


December 24th 2005

Washington D.C.: 10:14 PM

President Thomas Kincaide watched as the shuttle flared and landed on the White House lawn.

He grinned, and said, "Today is the day we defeat all our enemies."

Walking up the ramp, he boarded the shuttle and looked around the pristine compartment as a young lieutenant came forward.

"Sir, please follow me. I will get you strapped into a seat."

Looking at her name on her uniform, he nodded his head and smiled again at the woman, "Thank you, Lieutenant Salem." Walking behind her, he admired her ass, 'Damn, I wonder what her ass would look like strapped over a chair, and how it would feel to fuck her, ' he said to himself.

"You can sit here, Sir, that way you can see into the flight deck. After we lift off you can come up to the deck and see space," Samantha said as she helped the President fastened his safety straps.

"Thank you, Lieutenant, please see to the rest of my people. Later, maybe we can talk some more."

"As you wish, Sir," Samantha said, just barely hiding the disgust in her voice, as she said to herself, 'Come on, Admiral, get back here so you can teach this asshole a lesson he will never forget.'

Turning she walked over to the door, and started directing the secret service, Marines, and politicians to their seats. Eventually, all five hundred seats were filled, and the ramp went up, sealing the ship.

The shuttle lifted off and headed into space. Ten fighters surrounded the craft to protect it, as it headed for Space Dock One and Two.

Ten minutes into the flight, Thomas got up and walked onto the flight deck. He watched as the ship headed for the docks. As he looked at the space docks, he noticed the Yamato starting to pull away from the dock.

"Where is my ship going?"

"Sir, I don't know, I will find out," turning the com on, he started speaking, "This is Air Force One to Space Dock One. Where is the Yamato going?"

"Space Dock to Air Force One, the Yamato's AI has taken over the ship and is leaving. She has started a countdown in the main magazines to detonate the anti-matter warheads stored there."

"What? Stop her."

"Sorry, Sir, all we have is ten destroyers and the almost completed carrier Ark Royal, plus fighters and bombers." said the voice over the com unit.

"Where did she go?" Thomas said as he watched her vanish and then a bright light flared up deep in space, on the com screen.

"She just blew up, Sir. I estimate she was in the Kuiper belt, just like she said she was going to do."

"All right, we have three weeks until the fleet of traitors start arriving here, start the docks to finish building the six remaining battleships. They are to have them completed in ten days. I want crews to start training on the simulators as soon as possible." Thomas said with anger in his voice.

"Yes, Sir, Mr. President. As you command."

"Sir, please go strap in, we will be landing in five minutes," Captain Samuel Holden said as he went to full power.

Five minutes later the shuttle landed, and the ramp came down. Getting up, Thomas walked to the ramp and started down it. At the bottom in full Navy dress whites, stood Admiral Kevin Farragut.

"Mr. President, may I welcome you to your Space Dock One."

"Thank you Kevin, how did it go?"

"Sir, we have captured or killed eighty percent of the command staff, including Commodore Thompson, his wife, and his senior officers. Unfortunately, General Polk and Ambassador Chandler were off station at the time. We are currently looking for Commodore White and his wife, along with his aides and five of the destroyer captains. Most of the Marines were taken out, when we blew their barrack's outer wall to space. However, we still have some running loose in this twenty-mile long dock. Sir, we need more men. The dock is just too big for three thousand Marines to take and search, especially with them knowing the place as well as they do. We have captured all ten of the destroyer, and we'll soon have the carrier. Unfortunately, the Yamato's AI decided to blow herself up in the Kuiper belt.

"I have also ordered ten Mech landers to load up and head to the moon to take out their Alpha base. As soon as I can get some more mechs built, I will begin an invasion of Mars and take that base. Pluto base can wait until we are ready to take her. We have already started construction on the six battleships. We will launch them in ten days."

"Good. Let's get our people up here, and the traitors down to the planet. I do not want a single one of the traitors up here. The prisons are all ready set up in Alaska for them," Thomas said as he started walking across the landing bay when the Admiral caught up to him.

"Yes, Sir. It's going to take about fifty shuttle trips to move them all out of here. What do you want to do about the high ranking officers?"

"Execute them," Thomas said without stopping.

"Sir?" Kevin said in shock.

"I said put a bullet in their heads, so they cannot cause any trouble for us. Now take me to see the Thompsons' bodies. I want to see them for myself."

"Yes, Sir. Follow me, Sir."

Leading the President across the park, and to the main residence they enter the huge dining hall that had been converted into a make shift morgue. Walking past the stack of bodies, he stopped near two covered gurneys.

"Here you go, Sir," he said as he flipped the sheets back showing John Thompson and his wife Martha.

Thomas stepped up and looked down at the father of the man he despised and grinned, the hole in his chest was big enough to put his fist in, and he can see the metal of the table through it. Looking at the mother, he saw her throat was gone and that her head was just barely attached.

"Let me guess ... he tried to push her behind him?"

"Well, we found him on top of her, so that is what we are assuming."

"Good, now dispose of the bodies. I do not care how. Now find me the other traitors' parents. Kill them if you have to. But I would rather like to have them alive, if possible." Looking back at the father, he spat on his face.

"Traitor," he said.

He turned and walked out of the morgue and across to the communications tower. Passing between the Marine guards, he went into the main communication room.


December 24th

Space Dock One: 10:39 pm

Andy led his wife and several others through the warrens of the Dock, picking up survivors and stashing them with weapons. Using his command override, he had several spiderbots building hidey-holes for the three hundred people he has rescued. Each hole would hold forty people and had a replicator and weapons for them. It should keep them safe until the fleet got back.

"Andy, I wonder if Martha and John are okay." Maria said, as she rubbed her swollen belly heavy with child.

"I don't know, my love, but I fear not. I think their party was the main target. If we had not been at the hospital with your pregnancy, we would have been there. I believe we would be dead as well. These bastards will pay for what they have done. I swear on my best..."

Suddenly, the com systems came on throughout the base, drowning Andy's comment out.

"Commodore White, I would advise you and your wife to surrender. We now control both docks, and soon will control your moon and Mars bases. If you surrender now, I promise you both will be returned to the United States to stand trail along with Commodore Thompson and his wife. I also promise, as the President of the United States, your wife will be spared to raise your unborn children. Only you will stand trial if you surrender. If you do not surrender, you will be hunted down as terrorists and shown no mercy. The decision is all yours."

"Like hell I will. When Ken and the kids get back you son of bitch. You'd better run and find the deepest hole to hide in that you can, because he will kill you."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.