An Officer and a Gentleman - Cover

An Officer and a Gentleman

Copyright© 2009 by Little Owl

Chapter 17: April - Meeting the In-Laws

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 17: April - Meeting the In-Laws - Tory was just hoping that Jayson would be able to come home for Trent's Eagle Ceremony. When Jayson came, he wasn't alone. The Eagle Ceremony resulted in opening doors to a bright future, and not just for Trent.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic  

"Tory, we're here!" Mitch called up to the second floor when he didn't find Tory on the first.

"I'll be right down," she called back.

Everything was going smoothly for Mitch and he hoped his luck would continue. The packing and the "first move" at the end of Tory's spring break went well; very few items had to be put into storage. Tory and Mitch also decided on which of his larger items would be brought down and which would be sold. So, by the time Mitch finished packing to completely move to Tory's at the end of March, there was very little to take. After a week at his new assignment, things were still going well for Mitch. Now would be the test.

Finally walking into the living room, Tory was greeted with a kiss on the cheek by Mitch.

"Tory, these are my parents, Marshall and Catherine Ross. Mom and Dad, this is Tory Markus, my fiancée." Both stood when Tory entered.

Tory graciously shook her guests' hands. "It's nice to finally meet you. Please sit down; you must be tired after your flight. Would either of you like something to drink?"

"I'd like some water with ice, if you don't mind," Catherine answered, sweetly.

"Not a problem. And you, sir?" Tory asked, turning to look at her future father-in-law.

"You got any cranberry juice?" questioned Marshall, gruffly.

Tory was taken aback by his demeanor, but continued on. "Sure do. Would you like that with or without ice?"

"It won't need ice if it's cold enough."

"Marshall!" Catherine admonished.

"Dad!" echoed Mitch.

"That's okay; I understand." Tory turned to Mitch and continued calmly. "I'll get you something, as well, Mitch, while you bring the luggage upstairs. And, put them in Trent's room, please."

"What about the spare room?"

"I thought a real bed would be better than the futon, so I had Trent do a quick clean up before going to his dad's. I just finished changing the bedding. Now, go on."

Tory left to get the drinks while Mitch brought his parents' luggage upstairs. By the time he returned, Mitch entered a living room filled with strained silence.

"So," Marshall began, after his son returned, "that's an unusual name - Tory."

"I like it," chimed Catherine.

"Is it your real name, or short for something else?" Marshall continued, ignoring his wife's comment.

"Actually," explained Tory, "my real name is Victoria. My older brother had a difficult time saying it when he was younger, so he shortened it to Tory. I've been called it ever since."

"You don't like Victoria?" continued Marshall.

"That's not it at all. I'm proud of my name because I was named after my grandmother. But, I've always looked up to my brother, so I'm also proud of the name he gave me." Tory tried to continue to smile, but felt like this would be more of a strain than she imagined.

"How long have you and Mitch known each other?" Marshall continued his interrogation, not paying attention to anyone else's discomfort.

"Dad, I already told you and Mom how we met," Mitch tried to explain.

"Now, you hold on, son! What have you been told about speaking out of turn? I'm very well aware of your lady having a voice..."

"My fiancée, Dad. And she's soon to be my wife," Mitch corrected, sternly.

" ... so, let her use it," Marshall finished.

"Well, sir, I met Mitch almost thirty years ago for the first time," Tory began. "He came home with my brother Jay; that's short for Jayson." Tory smiled smugly before continuing. "We only met briefly and then not again until about a year and a half ago. We've been together ever since." Tory couldn't help turning toward Mitch and smiling, this time, warmly. Mitch gave Tory's hand a gentle squeeze and entwined his fingers with hers.

"You know, he's been married before?"

"Yes, sir," she replied gently. "So haven't I."

"You have any kids?"

"Two boys. Jayson, named after my brother, and Trent."

"Oh! What are their ages?" interjected Catherine, refusing to be ignored by her husband. If nothing else, Catherine could lend a friendly voice to the situation brewing before her.

"Jayson will be 22 this June, and Trent turns 18 around the same time."

"Is Trent a junior or senior, then?" continued Catherine, choosing to ignore the glare her husband was giving her.

"A senior; he's graduating a little before his birthday." Tory liked Mitch's mother; she seemed very warm and welcoming.

"A senior, huh? What are his plans afterward?" Marshall was determined to regain control of the discussion.

"He's staying local. He's enrolled at the university here, where Mitch is overseeing the NROTC program. He'll be studying Web Designing."

"You should see these pictures, Dad. Last summer, I took Tory and her boys camping. Jayson and Trent took these phenomenal pictures. Afterward, they gave Tory and me digital picture frames and Trent did a great job in presenting the pictures in it." Anyone watching would have thought Mitch was the biological father to Trent and Jayson, the way he gushed.

"Your eldest - what does he do? Is he at the university, too?"

"No, sir. While Jayson is intelligent, he just didn't do well with academia. He's in the Navy, stationed on the base where Mitch was stationed."

"Your ex; is he still in the picture?"

"Yes, sir. Trent is over there, right now. Being in the Navy, Jayson doesn't see his father very much, but, I believe he is in communication with him. Trent sees his father every other weekend, or when his schedule permits. My ex and I don't have much contact now that the boys are older."

"You ever met Mitch's ex?" Marshall was relentless with his questions.

"Janet? Yes, a couple times."

"She's a pretty one." Catherine looked at her husband in shock at his statement. "She could stop all conversation when she walked into a room. All eyes were on her."

"I guess if you like that kind." Tory could feel her blood begin to boil, so she took a deep breath before proceeding. Before she said another word, Tory made sure she was looking Marshall Ross square in the eyes. "If you don't mind my asking, sir, what is all this about? If it's your purpose to compare me to Janet, I'll save you the time — I am nothing like her. And, to tell you the truth, I'm glad. The couple of run-ins I've had with her gave me an insight into the darkest part of her soul. If you liked her or loved her, I'll respect your opinion, but I won't echo it. And, while there is freedom of speech in our country, there is not in this house where she is concerned. She's done nothing to Mitch and I except to try to maliciously hurt us. So, if you don't mind, I'd much prefer you not mention her again, in this house or around my family."

When Tory was done, she felt Mitch's hands gently pull her to her feet with him, and then they wrapped around her in a comforting embrace.

"Dad," began Mitch, still holding his intended, "I don't mean to be disrespectful, but whatever has gotten into you had better be gone, or you'll have to find someplace else to spend your Easter because it won't be here. There's no reason for you to start in on Tory this way, especially about Janet. Tory's done nothing to you. And, she means everything to me. She has been the one to help me feel again. I'm not going to have you trample all over her like this. So, I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but you're done!"

"You're right, son. I've done what I came to do," Marshall stated and then Tory heard his voice soften. "And, I found out what I needed to know."

Tory turned to look at this person sitting in her living room and saw a changed man. His gruff exterior was replaced with warm and loving eyes and a calm face; Tory could now see a strong resemblance between Mitch and his father.

"I'm sorry, my dear," Marshall apologized, quite a bit softer now. Mitch sat in his chair and pulled Tory to his lap, keeping his arms around her. "To allay any fears," Marshall continued, "I am not fond of Janet in any way! She hurt my son and I don't care for anyone who hurts a member of my family. No, I was hoping you were different. Mitch is a very loving man, but he doesn't need a trophy wife or a ball-and-chain clinging to him and suffocating him like Janet did. I know now that you've got spunk, and you're willing to fight for him as hard as he's willing to fight for you. If it matters, I ... I mean, WE very much approve!" Catherine reached over and took her husband's hand in hers to give it a loving squeeze. Mitch gave Tory a tight squeeze and then kissed her cheek.

"Now, if you don't mind," Marshall continued, "what is it you do, Tory?"

"I work at the high school. I teach Graphic Arts and Technology," Tory stated with a smile.

"I bet your boys don't like having you around all the time like that," Catherine commented.

"I don't know, they never were 'bad' kids, so it's not like they had to watch out for me. I think my working at the high school might have helped the boys get extensions sometimes on their assignments! As far as I'm aware, all the teachers treated them fairly, partly because they know I wouldn't stand for them being treated as favorites."

"How are the boys accepting you, Mitch?" asked Marshall.

"Great, Dad! It doesn't seem to be a problem with them at all!"

"As a matter of fact," added Tory, "when Janet caused some trouble last year that almost resulted in Mitch and I breaking up, it was Jayson who helped Mitch scheme to get me back. I'm not sure how, but I'm convinced that Trent helped, as well."

"That's great. It makes it easy on everyone. Course, your boys are older. When our Patti married Neil, none of their kids were happy about it," began Marshall.

Mitch clarified for Tory. "Patti is my younger sister..."

"Second oldest after Mitch," quickly added Catherine.

"Her first husband cheated on her and left her high and dry with two kids, Beth and Aiden," continued Mitch, filling in the background information. "Then, she met Neil, who lost his wife in a tragic accident. Neil has two boys, Joe and Alex. When Neil and Patti started dating, it seemed like the kids got along. But, once they were married, all hell broke loose."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.