An Officer and a Gentleman - Cover

An Officer and a Gentleman

Copyright© 2009 by Little Owl

Chapter 9: August - Ambush at Sea

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 9: August - Ambush at Sea - Tory was just hoping that Jayson would be able to come home for Trent's Eagle Ceremony. When Jayson came, he wasn't alone. The Eagle Ceremony resulted in opening doors to a bright future, and not just for Trent.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic  

"So, Mom, are you and Trent still coming up this weekend?" Jayson had been trying to convince his mother to come up before he shipped out. Even with Tory's reluctance, Trent had been willing to plead his case from down there. "Great, Mom! Do you know where you're staying, yet? ... Okay, got that ... Why don't I meet you for breakfast Saturday morning? Some of the guys want to go out Friday night ... Okay, great! I'll see you and Trent at the Sunrise Café at 0800 ... I can't wait! I love you, Mom!"

Jayson closed his cell phone and looked directly at the commander. "It's all set, Commander; they're coming up."

"I don't know what I'll do if I blow this," Mitch worried.

"Look, Mom fell in love with you for a reason. According to Trent, she hasn't fallen out, yet. He says she's been moody and down since she got back home."

"She's not going to be happy with being ambushed, you know."

"I know, but if we do this right, she won't be mad at either of us for long. And," Jayson continued with a little glint in his eye, "if something goes wrong, I'll be out to sea, so you'll bear the brunt of it!"

The rest of the week went by slowly for Mitch. He was back to work, so that filled his days, but Tory still filled his nights. He kept running different scenarios around in his head about how Tory might react to him on Saturday morning. But, regardless of how he thought Tory might react, he knew her reaction would be an honest one.

Finally, Saturday morning arrived.

"What's going on, Trent? I've never seen you so hyper before," Tory observed, watching her son's eyes dart around the Café for the umpteenth time.

"I just want to see Jayson. He's going to be leaving for sea on Monday."

"But, it's not like he's leaving us for the first time. He's been gone from the house for a while now."

"I know, but this is different, Mom!" Just then, Trent spotted Jayson and he began to smile wide.

Jayson approached his mother's table dressed in his starch-white uniform, so the long white box he held by his side was not easy to spot.

"Morning, Mom!" he greeted and bent to kiss his mother's cheek. As he stood upright, Jayson presented his mother with the box he was carrying.

"What's this?"

"Looks like a box to me," Jayson replied nonchalantly. "Hey, Trent! How's it going?" Jayson quickly sat opposite his mother.

"I can see it's a box, but what's inside?"

"Why, Mother, I'm surprised at you!" he scolded in mock indignation. "I remember distinctly all the lectures about the right a person has to privacy and not opening someone else's mail! How would I know what's in there? It's addressed to you! I guess you'll have to open it to find out."

As Tory took the cover off the long box she couldn't hold back the gasp of surprise. "Jayson, these are beautiful! Thank you!"

"I'm glad you like the roses, Mom, but they're not from me," Jayson replied, quickly winking at his brother.

"They're from me, Tory." Tory turned quickly in her chair to see Mitch standing behind her.

"What's this?" Tory asked, her voice growing cold.

"It's the start of my groveling and begging forgiveness. There's plenty more to come, if you'll let me."

"C'mon Mom, give him a chance," Jayson urged.

"You know you've been miserable since you've been home. Give him a chance to make you happy, again." Trent put his two-cents worth in, as well.

"It sounds like I don't have a choice." Mitch winced a bit at the edge in Tory's voice.

"No!" Mitch immediately sat down next to Tory and turned her chair toward his. "YOU are the only one who does have the choice. I know we've ambushed you, and, I'm sorry for that. But, if you don't want me here, just say the word and I'll respect your decision and I'll go away. I don't EVER want you to feel like you don't have a choice!"

As Tory concentrated on Mitch's eyes, she noticed something different within them. It wasn't like when they were making love, it was different. Almost a mixture of things, the most dominant of them all was remorse.

"Well, since you're already here, you can, at least, have some breakfast with us," Tory decided.

Jayson waved a waitress over and they all decided on what they were eating. Since the Café had a breakfast buffet, Trent and Jayson opted for that while Tory and Mitch had meals. This allowed the young men to leave the table and meander around the buffet and give the straining couple chances to be alone; well, as alone as you can be in a restaurant.

After breakfast, the foursome walked through the park near the waterfront. Jayson and Trent talked incessantly as they walked ahead of the quiet Tory and Mitch. While they were out, they ran into Chuck Warren. After polite greetings, Chuck pulled Tory away from the rest.

"Tory, I don't know everything that happened. But, I do know that Mitch loves you and wants you back. He's willing to grovel and beg, if necessary. My advice — make him sweat it out a bit and then be true to yourself."

"Thanks, Chuck. I'm just not sure."

"Well, fair enough. If it matters, I got a hold of Frank and he and I had a talk with Janet. She did what she did as some sort of revenge. She says you laughed at her and she didn't like it. Frank will make sure she won't bother you guys again. Ever."

"How can he guarantee it?"

"Don't worry; Frank will! Especially after I told him what Mitch told me she did."

With that, Chuck escorted Tory back to the others and then bid them good day.

Mitch had packed a picnic lunch and, when it was time, pulled it out of his car. The boys had found a place to sit, eat and enjoy the view. Again, Trent and Jayson didn't sit for long, enjoying their food while they walked around, or threw a ball. Mitch sat with Tory and, while they still hadn't talked about the incident, the space between them didn't seem as strained, either. They were talking, at least. By mid-afternoon, Mitch was anxious to talk with Tory about the incident and clear the air.

"Tory, would you mind if we went back to my house and talked for a bit?" Mitch looked like a shy high school boy as he looked down at Tory with sullen eyes.

"What about the boys?"

"Jayson knows his way around. Why doesn't he take your car, and he and Trent can go see a movie or something; and I'll take you home with me so we can talk."

"Mom, if you want me to come get you, just call me on my cell. Trent has his, too. We'll be over as quick as you need." Jayson could see apprehension in his mother's eyes, but Tory agreed and went with Mitch to his house.

"Your door looks different," Tory observed as Mitch unlocked it and stepped aside for her to enter first.

"Actually, it's just the handle. I'll explain more when we get inside." Mitch entered quickly after Tory and closed the door. "Do you want anything to drink?"

"No."

"Why don't we go into the living room, then?" Mitch felt nervous all of a sudden. His mouth was getting dry and his hands were beginning to sweat. Tory went over to the corner of the sofa and sat down.

Mitch couldn't help but remember seeing Tory crouched in that corner, cowering like a trapped rabbit. He felt his tears begin to choke him as he slowly went over to kneel beside her. He placed his hand on the cushion next to where she sat, but did not touch her.

"Tory, I have no right to ask this, but I'm going to anyway. Do you think you'd be able to forgive me?" He stayed on his knees at her feet, looking directly in her eyes.

"Can you explain what happened? And why you think I should forgive you?" Tory's eyes never left Mitch's, even when they started to fill with her own tears.

"I lost control; I know I did. I've been seeing a shrink on base since you left." Mitch took a deep breath and continued. "Janet and I always had a rough relationship. Looking back, we never should have gotten married. But, I was young, stupid and horny, and she was the best sex I had had at that point."

"Keep going."

"I swear I didn't know she came over that day. Remember, I had just gotten my casts changed? After you left, my arms started to bother me so I took pain pills before I went for a nap. I knew I needed some sleep, but I needed the pain to go away so I could sleep. When I felt her mouth on me, I thought it was you; you've got to believe me!"

"I guess I do," Tory responded, allowing no emotion in her voice. "After her first visit, you had no idea she would come back. Go on."

"I was just so angry. Angry at her for being here; angry that you had to walk in on that; angry that I couldn't protect you; angry that I was allowing Janet to make me angry. Haven't you ever felt so cornered you want to lash out?" Mitch waited a moment and after Tory's subtle nod he continued. "Well, I lashed out — which broke your vase, which resulted in my kicking the table ... I'm so sorry, Tory. When I saw the look in your eyes that night, I just wanted to die! Please, let me try to make it up to you! I'm still going to counseling and will continue whether you take me back or not. And, Jayson helped me change the locks on the doors. Chuck did some checking and found out that Janet had made a copy of her house key before we split. When she left our marriage, she only gave me one key — which is all I expected to get. It's been years since our split so I didn't think she'd still have a key to the house. And, since I'm not sure she hasn't made any other copies, I bought new locks."

Mitch stayed on his knees looking at Tory. He noticed that the tears that had been waiting to fall weren't there anymore. And, some of the pain on her face was gone.

"Do you remember my surgery?"

"Sure I do; it was five months ago."

"Wow. Five months, already. Anyway, do you remember what you did to me when you came down that time?"

Mitch had to think and then he finally answered, "You mean when I spooned against your back and we talked?"

"Do you think the sofa is deep enough?"

"Can you hold that thought while I run upstairs and change out of my uniform? It shouldn't take me very long." When he saw Tory nod, Mitch bolted to his feet and took the stairs two at a time. He wasn't going to chance having Tory change her mind.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.