Cat's Meow - Cover

Cat's Meow

Copyright© 2009 by tenicka

Chapter 5

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 5 - Dr. Stevens has created a device to transform genes. When lab animals become human, the trouble begins...

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   NonConsensual   Heterosexual   Zoophilia   Bestiality   Slow  

"Dr. Stevens! Doc!" I cried out nervously, walking closer so that I could make certain it was he. The scruffy beast bared his teeth until he realized who I was and then leaped upon me, nearly bowling me over with enthusiasm.

"Easy Doc!" I spoke, knowing he couldn't understand me, but had no choice as I had to get back on my feet. I pulled out the gem, glancing around the area to make certain it was just the scientist and I before twisting the top and putting it between us upon the filthy cement floor. The light flashed a brilliant blue and I was prepared, holding my hands in front of my eyes until I thought it safe. But it was not safe because I had forgotten the doctor would be naked upon retransforming. I quickly turned my back when I glanced at the newly humanized Doc and blushed furiously at the thought of seeing two men naked in so many days.

"Thanks, Jules." Doc's voice held a note of gratitude and I nodded, uncertain if he saw the gesture or not.

"Has Markum been here?" As soon as I asked the question, I realized Dr. Stevens would not have any idea of what had happened over the last twenty-four hours. Not all of it would I tell him, either. Upon hearing the doc's negative reply, I began to rummage around for something to cover the man while I told him exactly what had happened in the lab and how I had been transformed back into a human upon stealing the gem. He did not seem too upset when I explained about the hourglass thing getting destroyed in the process.

"I can rebuild one. It shouldn't be too difficult to redo." His voice trailed off as I continued to search until I found what looked to be an old rain slicker. It had holes in it from being used as nesting, but it should work. I closed my eyes as I held it out to the scientist, not wanting the mental image of his naked body to be in my mind's eye for professional reasons.

"Thanks." As he dressed, Dr. Stevens began to formulate what he could do to stop Markum. He surmised that the foul man had somehow learned how to manipulate the gem's properties, putting it in metal, which would explain the ring format. I turned to face the Doc as soon as he let me know of his state of dress.

"But how do we stop something like that? He's a force to be reckoned with, I'm sure. How could we get close enough without him tearing us apart?" I searched Doc's face for any hint of fear, but the man was resilient. I covered my mouth when he began to use his hand to scratch behind his ear. He would definitely need some time to adjust to being human again.

"I should be able to engineer a reversal ring, but it would have to touch his skin. And I'd need his ring in order to study it first." When he said this, my heart sank. How in the hell would we be able to get either done, much less both? I guess the Doc saw my downtrodden expression as he came over and patted me on the shoulder. Taking my hand, he led me to the office and inside, pointing to the tiny figures sleeping together in a row. Macy's pups! I squealed softly so that I did not wake them, and knelt down beside the mass to stare at them lovingly.

"Where's Macy? Come to think of it, where are Sasha and Jinx?" I looked beyond the door, but still saw nothing.

"Spike and Macy are probably out scavenging for food. Sasha should be sleeping up in the rafters, her favorite new spot now that her and Jinx have cleared out the birds, getting fat in the process." His voice was full of humor as he spoke, but his expression darkened when he told me, "Jinx I have not seen since you left." I frowned, unhappy to think that the male cat had come to harm. I considered him my friend, after all.

"I want to help them, Doc, but not sure how since the shelter will put them to sleep after a few days. And I don't want you to experiment on them or any other animal again." He nodded, agreeing with my words. Each time I thought of someone experimenting on Jinx or Sasha or Macy, I felt sick having spent time with them in human form.

"I have no problem with that, Julia." I followed him out of the office, leaving the pups to sleep in peace. "Let's get to my lab so that I can focus." He held out his hand for the gem and I pulled it back out from my purse, placing it in his palm, still wrapped in the towel.

When he saw the beige towel, he studied it as if examining the texture. I noted two initials engraved with black thread, something I had not noticed before. They read "C S" in very fine stitching.

"Julia?" His expression was puzzled as he spoke. "Have you been to my house?"

"Uh, when I was a cat I found a house to hide in for a few days. I don't know who lived there." It would be too odd to have found his house. But then again, it did seem familiar to me, and I knew exactly which neighborhood to lead us to... "Oh boy. Doc? Do you have a cat?"

Alarm was clear on his face now as his eyes widened with his reply.

"My wife does. I hate the thing because it sheds too much and makes too much noise." After handing the gem back to me for safe-keeping, he began to walk swiftly to the exit of the warehouse. "I think I need to get home."

I followed him out and down the sidewalk until we reached a set of payphones. They were nasty, of course, and only one worked, but at least he was able to try and reach his home. No answer. So he called us a cab. The driver eyed the Doc oddly, since he was wearing a ratty outfit, but the money I showed the cabbie worked and soon we were speeding to his home.

Sure enough, the house we pulled up in front of was the same house where Tom and I had hidden and transformed back to humans. It was Dr. Stevens' home. We asked the cab driver to wait as we entered within. It felt strange to enter back into the place where Tom and I had fucked each other. I sighed at the memory glad I had met him. Glad I had gotten close to him. Glad I had made love with him. That was the point when it clicked in my mind — we had an FBI agent that could help!

"Oh, Doc!" I went to the phone. "Let me call a friend of mine who can help us." I ignored his curious stare as I dialed the number I had had the foresight to bring with me. When Tom answered, I felt a thrill race down my spine. His voice was like nectar and a pleasure to listen to. I asked him to come to the house, hoping he would come alone and with a car to drive us. His presence would serve to calm me — he was my lifeline.

I waited on the couch while the Doc dressed and it occurred to me that I was still wearing borrowed clothing. His wife's no doubt. Grateful he had not recognized it; I hoped his family was all right. Where were they? The moment the Doc walked in, normal clothes now on his back, his eye caught the telephone and flashing light there. Pressing the button to play the messages, I tried to not listen in, but was unable to help it.

"Dr. Stevens?" A gruff, growly voice spoke through the machine. "I have wiffffe. You mmmmmarrrrrghghhh lab. Nowwww." Click. Uhoh! I leaped to my feet and dashed to the phone, watching Doc frantically play the message again and again. His tormented eyes locked on mine.

"He has Margaret."

We wasted no time in getting back into the cab and racing off into the falling sun's path toward his laboratory. It was clear Markum was there and also clear he was up to no good. Why would he want Doc? How old was the message? Would he have killed Mrs. Stevens if we had been a day, hour, minute too late? All of the questions that raced through my mind did not make up for the one main question — how to defeat the creature formerly known as Louis Markum.

Upon arriving at the lab, we sent the cab driver away, again for his safety. There were already too many innocents in the perilous situation with us. No more should have been added. And so together, Dr. Stevens and I, armed only with our wits and guts, entered into the building through the back door, prepared for anything and nothing.

Markum was alerted to our presence as an alarm ripped through the building as we both entered. I glanced nervously at the Doc who shrugged and led us deeper into the main part of his lab. Sitting on a chair, in a very relaxed state, was a hairy creature with a large snout and very sharp teeth. He grinned at us and motioned with a clawed paw for us to approach.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.