The Au Pair - Cover

The Au Pair

Copyright© 2009 by RH Music

Chapter 8

The next morning, a thick envelope arrived for Ken.

By that time, Julie was already on her way to school, and Michael had been fed and his diaper had been changed. Tina was still asleep.

Ken had put Michael in his stroller and was gently rocking him. He was exhausted by the morning's frantic flurry of activity. 'How did my mother manage it all those years?' he wondered. 'How does Tina manage it every day?'

Ken opened the package, it was from his friend, Sandra, and contained a note.


Our Dearest Kathy K:

Thank you very much for your prompt letter. Sarah and I had a wonderful time reading it, and we demand that you write as often as you can! Your story is fascinating so please keep us up-to-date.

We think it's wonderful that you're fitting in so well, I always knew you would. But are you feeling homesick so far away from home? If so, let me know, and I'll arrange a trip to the states to visit.

By the way, I checked on your address, and it turns out that the house where you are staying is quite famous. It is one of only three complete houses still standing built in the shingle style by American architects McKim, Mead, and White. My colleague in the area actually studied the house for his Doctoral dissertation some years ago. So take care of the place! You're living in a historical monument of considerable significance.

Nothing much new to report here. Got a death threat recently from an artist, third one this year and it's only April! Sarah is as busy as ever, recently engaged doing costumes for a local production of 'Follies'. She is now sodding sick of sewing sequins.

All our love,

Sandra and Sarah.

PS: Sarah included some things she made at the last minute, which our group thought you might find useful. Your story has been quite inspiring to them.


Ken dumped the contents of the envelope onto the table, and held up a T-shirt, a sports bra, a swim suit, and a very small pair of panties. The panties had a note pinned to them:

"Hi Kathy, this is a gaffe. Put it on very tight and it should hold your private parts neatly hidden away. It might be helpful with a swimming costume. -- Sarah"

'Or with a ballet costume!' Ken thought with elation. No more having to tape his genitals to his body!

Upon further inspection, Ken noticed the T-Shirt had pockets for inserting breast forms, as did the sports bra and the swim suit.

Ken's heart ached, so grateful he was for Sarah's thoughtfulness, and missing both of them so much.

Hearing Tina in the bathroom, Ken quickly hid his new clothes in his bedroom.


"Oooohhhh..." Tina shuffled into the kitchen, still in her flannel nightgown and slippers, stringy hair covering her face. "I need coffee."

Ken guided Tina to the breakfast table. Having anticipated her condition, a pot of coffee was already hot. Ken poured her a cup.

"How did I get into this nightgown?" Tina asked.

"Ummmm, well, that was me," Ken admitted.

"I haven't worn it in ages. I'd forgotten how comfortable it is. Was I that pathetic?"

"No! Of course not."

"Hah. You lie." Tina paused for a second, but then, from nowhere, tears began to well up. "Oh Kathy!" she said, leaning over and giving Ken a big hug, "thank you so much for taking care of me last night. You're becoming just like a sister to me. My younger, more responsible sister, that is. The one I always prayed for growing up."

"Really, it was no problem," Ken said, handing Tina a tissue, "you were just exhausted, and no wonder!"

"Exhausted and drunk, you mean. I was out with a girlfriend of mine last night. She said I should just leave Brian if he didn't appreciate me."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.