A Time of Conquest and Challenge - Cover

A Time of Conquest and Challenge

Copyright© 2009 by Von_in_your_Mind

Chapter 17: A long long time ago

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 17: A long long time ago - John was chosen by the Great General Hero Samuel to be his replacement. The problem is that John is a Lawyer from Earth and the rules that apply to being a Hero are open to interpretation. Can the rules for being a Hero remain when you let a Lawyer loose to challenge them? Will the Hero that Samuel saw in John emerge? What of Beth and her role as Caretaker? The questions from Time Waits for No One are answered and new challenges are revealed.

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Time Travel   White Male  

We made it back to the farm after we had enjoyed breakfast with the twins, Jess, Peter and Carrie. Timmy and Chrystal were not biological cousins with the other kids and that just made everything better for them. William and Martha were sitting on the porch of the big house as we rode up.

We dismounted and there were introductions all around. The most interesting of course was when first James introduced Kathy as his wife and then Chrystal and Timmy as their children and then as William and Martha’s grand children. It took Martha about two seconds to grab hold of the three of them, and then it was party time. Hugs and kisses all around. I watched Chrystal work on William with her smile and knew where she would be sitting before lunch was over.

William gave me the once over and then Jasmine and Kimberly. “Two Damsels, John?”

“No! One Damsel, and one Companion.”

“I am sure there is a tale there.”

“I wouldn’t spoil it for James and Kathy to tell it to you,” I replied.

As much as I would have liked to get away and try the portal it simply was not going to happen. I was family and any one with me was family. There was no way that any of the others were going to be denied to opportunity to see family. Martha had a way about her; you just didn’t want to argue with her.

So, we had lunch together and the stories began. They would grow in content and detail as time passed and memories changed perceptions. However, it was good to be there. We were sitting down enjoying our afternoon together when I noticed a glint. It caught my eye for a moment and then was gone.

I got Jasmine’s attention and we excused ourselves to go into the house. We went inside then exited out the other door and worked our way behind the barn. I used everything Rogard had taught me about sneaking up on someone. Whoever it was, I didn’t want them to know we were there until I had the advantage.

My advantage turned to surprise when I found Jane and Timmy watching the festivities. “A fine pair of sneaks you are getting caught like this,” I called out.

They turned and saw us standing there swords in hand. “We couldn’t let you travel across all that way without an escort,” Jane said.

“I’m glad to see both of you, but you’re far away from home now.”

“We’ll make our way back okay, if you get back to Crossroads, Hero John,” Tyler said.

“That is the big if Tyler.”

“That is what we understood, so if you don’t, we will go back with you to the Citadel,” Jane said.

“We won’t try until tomorrow at the earliest. I think you should join us now.”

“But who will protect you?” Jane said.

“We are with friends on their farm. We are more than safe enough here,” I said.

So, we led the two of them through the house and introduced them to everyone. After a while, they got their horses and put them with ours in the barn. I hadn’t known that they were with us. But, I should have suspected they were when their farewell was not as hearty as the rest of the people at the Citadel.

We ate dinner and then, all too soon, we were in bed. I had arranged with Martha to have some baths readied for Jane and Tyler. They had not had the opportunity, since we left the Citadel, and they smelled like it.

I spent, what I hoped was my last night on Chaos, with Jasmine and Kimberly at my side. It was oh so tempting but the goal was but a few short hours away, and we would make up for our lost opportunity if the portal allowed for us to pass through to Crossroads. That was a big if, and the primary reason that sleep came slowly for me.

Sleep coming slowly didn’t stop the morning from starting early. Martha and the other wives cooked a wonderful spread. The house was full of laughter of both the kids and adults. James and Kathy didn’t show up on time and that allowed creative comments from the rest of the married folks. It was all in good fun and lovingly delivered.

The time finally came for us to go into town. Everyone wanted to go, but finally, it was the three of us with Jane and Tyler. Our goodbyes were tearful but understood by all. Kimberly was trying to keep her hopes in check. She so wanted her reward; but if we failed to get through the portal, it looked like we might end up needing to wait for a new Hero to show up at another bank and then see if we could go on his adventure and possibly back through the portal with him.

We just didn’t see any other way for us to get back if this didn’t work. The thought of us not being successful was put quite a damper on our activities, since we couldn’t risk any intimate physical contact while in Chaos. So, we made our way into town, not taking much as we did. Why do we always think about the worst outcome rather than hope for the best, I don’t know, but we were depressed because we had tried before and failed.

I gave Jane and Tyler a conch each as we said our goodbyes. I told them, no offense, but I didn’t want to see them again until my next mission, after this one was complete. They understood, and would wait a day here just in case something happened that would keep us from getting back to Crossroads. With that said, we gave them all of the horses, tack and supplies we had left and headed into the bank.

Inside the vault, I put my finger into the reciprocal and it glowed green, a good sign. We put everything but the clothes we were wearing in the vault, and I took out the paperwork that Samuel had left for me. It was the moment of truth! Would we or would we not we pass through? I handed the paperwork to Jasmine. I held onto each of their hands, and we walked toward the portal.

Then, we walked successfully through the portal into Crossroads. There standing in front of us were Ted and Jed. They had their arms folded across their bodies and their heads were twisting back and forth in unison. I reached up to grab Jed’s neck, and he started in on me.

“You and you’re bending of the rules.”

“What bending of the rules?”

“You were supposed to go to Earth not back to Chaos; then when you went to Chaos you took Jasmine Caretaker with you.”

“That was an accident, but I did go back to Chaos rather than Earth yes,” I said.

“And what do you have to say for yourself!”

“Everything turned out fine. We’re back, and I need to get into the healing chamber,” I replied.

“When are you ever going to learn?” Ted asked.

“About the same time you decide that having a toothbrush on Chaos will not destroy their world,” then I crossed my arms.

“What does that have to do with anything?” Jed asked.

“Do you have a toothbrush or a way to clean your teeth?”

“Yes, why?”

“Because on Chaos, I have to use baking soda or salt on my finger, and it simply does not work properly, especially when on a long mission.”

“But that has nothing to do with your bending the rules.”

“You’re right it doesn’t, but I told myself from the point that I started to miss my toothbrush that the next time I saw you, I would speak of nothing else until you decided that you would correct that oversight.”

“But we need to discuss—”

I cut him off. “You need to get me a toothbrush on Chaos. I need to get Jasmine, Kimberly and myself into the healing chamber, the shower and then bed in that order. When you decide that the world of Chaos will not come to the end if you introduce a toothbrush in it, we can talk again.”

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.