A Singular Time - Cover

A Singular Time

copyright 2012

Chapter 8

I woke early the next morning with a start. You know 'the feeling that someone is calling you but no one is really there' type of thing? I woke as if I had heard a voice calling me from a long distance.

For the past week I had been having little niggling feelings that something wasn't right, but now I felt a great urgency! I got up without waking my wife and went down into the garage part of the RV and called forth Book.

"How may I be of service Kade?"

"I have been experiencing vague feelings, this past week. Then, just now, I got a sort of jolt while I was sleeping. It was as if someone was calling for my help, but from a great distance. Do you know what's going on?"

"Indeed I do. In the universe there are many forms of energy that ebb and flow. Your magical powers are one example. As your powers grow you will be more aware of such currents. As to what you have experienced this morning I am unable to give you a definitive answer. That said, however, it would seem that someone is in need, a need so great that it has interfered with the flow of a current that you are sensitive to."

"Great! I have no idea as to what to do except feel very uncomfortable. Damn!"

"Well you told Carol that you had to move on so you must have felt something at that time. Therefore, you have two options: first, you could just sit and wait for the feeling to go away or get stronger; second, you could prepare for travel and then move toward the feeling."

"Actually, there is a third choice. I could prepare for travel, but stay put until such time as I have more information."

"True."

"Okay under the 'prepare for things' heading I need to write a spell that will grant Adin martial arts abilities. I want her to be able to fight hand to hand with the best in the world. Is that possible?"

"As I have told you many times, you can write spells for whatever you want."

"Okay, Okay. Book away home," I said as I took out a pad and pen from the drawer of the workbench.

"I really need to get a real desk and chair in here. This stool at the workbench hurts my back too much," I thought.

It was then that I smacked myself on the forehead as I said, "I can use magic!"

I turned toward the far corner of the garage, closed my eyes and pictured what I wanted: a built-in corner desk with a comfortable executive office chair. I then uttered the conjure spell, and opened my eyes. There, before me, was exactly what I had pictured in my mind! Smiling broadly, I stowed the stool away. I took my pad and pen, and sat at my desk. I moaned softly at the feel and smell of the buttery leather of the chair. I couldn't help myself ... I actually wiggled my rear a few times. Then I leaned the chair back, and blissfully lost myself in the comfort of the magnificent chair. A minute later, I was sound asleep.

Three hours later, Adin was standing next to me with a mug of coffee, calling my name softly. I crawled my way out of the deep sleep, to the wonderful smells of coffee and my wife's perfume.

"I saw that the door was open, so I thought it would be alright to come bring you some coffee."

"Of course it's okay, Honey," I said as I pulled her onto my lap and kissed her.

She responded, and soon we were making love on my new desk. It was wonderful to have such a wife! I thought about a second go round, but then realized that it was time to get moving.

"Let's go take a shower and get going for the day, Honey."

"Aw, Kade ... can't we do that again, first?"

"I'm afraid not, Sweetheart."

"Oh ... Okay," she said with a cute little pout, and then she laughed playfully.

I should have known better than to take a shower with her! She soon had me going again, and we made sweet love under the spray of water.

At breakfast Adin asked, "What's up for today?"

"Two, no three things. First, we need to get ready for the road. I want all of the fuel and water tanks filled. Also, let's dump the waste tanks. Oh and let's stock up on food, too ... enough for say, a month. Second, we need to reserve this space for the rest of the season now that you're conspiring with Carol to turn her into my second slave (I said that with a huge smile.) And finally, I need you to get online. I want you to research who and where the best practitioners of the Martial Arts are in this area. So, that said, I guess you can get this beast ready to roll while I go over to the office and reserve our space."

"Kade there is a space over there by the woods that would be more private. Wouldn't that be better for you?"

I became suspicious and asked, "What do you mean 'for me?'"

She blushed and bowed her head and whispered, "Your Merlin stuff."

"My Merlin stuff? What do mean by that?" I was a little slow on the up take.

"You know ... like your new desk in the garage, and that stick thing you did when you beat up that evil man, and rescued me."

I sat open mouthed! She had never said a thing, before.

"Adin! You never said a word about knowing about my powers. Why?"

"A good slave doesn't ask the Master questions about such things," she said flatly.

"But you just asked what we were doing, today. What's the difference? And look at me. You know I hate it when you act like a slave. You're my wife, now."

"As true as that is, I'm also your slave. I'm 'the First of Firsts', remember? That means that I am your lead slave and that you will only have first quality slaves, like Carol will be, once she is trained. You told me that!"

"I guess I did," I said more to myself than to Adin.

"Okay, then! You get this beast ready to go, while I go in the back and do some serious thinking," I said as I stood.

Adin looked apprehensive and asked, "Did I do wrong in suggesting the other site? Are you angry with me? I try to make you happy but sometimes it's confusing being a wife and a slave."

"No, not at all Sweetheart," I said softly.

I drew her to me in a hug and kissed the top of her head. When I let go of her she threw herself back into my arms and gave me a fierce hug of her own.

"I love you so much, Kade, that it almost hurts!"

What else could I do? I sat down again, and just hugged her back.

I whispered into her ear, "I love you too, Adin!"

We sat and cuddled for fifteen minutes or so, and then got down to business.

I started to help her with the dishes when she said, "See? That's what I mean!"

I looked up at her and asked, "What?"

"You're helping me with the dishes. That's a married thing. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but the slave in me wonders where the boundaries are."

I stared at her for a few ticks while my mind worked furiously.

Then I said, "Adin, first and foremost, you are my wife, with all of the rights that that word entails! Your slave duties are secondary to the wife duties. Does that help you?"

She thought for a bit ... then opened her mouth, only to close it again. She did that several more times before answering with a smile.

"Yes, Kade, that helps a lot."

"Good! Then let's finish up with the kitchen stuff, and get going for the day."

"Yes, Kade."

Five minutes later, I was again sitting in my new chair, but I wasn't reveling in the smell or comfort. Rather, I was concerned. I started to call forth Book, but stopped as a wave of shame washed over me. On top of the concern that Adin knew about my powers, was the fact that I never kept my promise to give Book a voice.

"Well ... if a voice, why not a body, too?" I thought to myself.

"BOOK, TO ME."

"How may I serve you, Kade?"

I said, "Wait a moment, Book."

"As you wish."

I closed my eyes and imagined a 'college professor type': tall, with a close cut Van Dyke beard, salt and pepper hair and piercing blue eyes. I uttered the avatar spell, placing it upon Book, and opened my eyes.

Book began to sparkle, and then distort on the vertical plane. It took almost a full minute before the avatar stood before me. He had a confused expression on his face.

As realization dawned on the poor fellow, he lunged forward onto one knee. He grasped my foot, bowed his head and spoke in a deep baritone voice.

"My Lord Liege!"

He then choked up, unable to go on.

I let things be for a few moments, and then said, "Please! Get up off of your knees, so that we can come up with a name that you like."

That did him in, totally. He wept as he clutched at my leg.

"Never ... in all of the history of ... the Arcanna..." he choked out, "has such a gift been granted! My Lord ... you have my most ... profound thanks!"

I stood, grasped Book's shoulders, and pulled him to his feet.

"Didn't I tell you that I consider you my teacher, my confidant ... and most of all, my friend? How could I do anything less for the one that saved me from making grave mistakes, and in doing so saved my life, and the lives of those that I love? Now get a hold of yourself and sit down with me," I said as I conjured another chair for him. "Tell me what you wish your name to be."

The Avatar slumped into the chair, and visibly pulled himself from the brink of an emotional breakdown. Then he sat thoughtfully, for fully five minutes. I let him think without interruption. After all, he had just been through a traumatic experience.

After five minutes he stirred and said, "Something more than two thousand years ago, an apprentice Wizard copied a much older Arcanna, and then gave me life. Besides you, he was the only one that ever treated me as more than a tool. His name was Ryn Hexmann. I would like to honor him by using that name, if that is acceptable with you."

"Of course it is alright. It's your name, after all," I said with a smile.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.