The Elementalist - Cover

The Elementalist

Copyright© 2008 by SonofJohn90

Chapter 1

Fifty years ago humans took a serious disease into their systems. One out of every five thousand people had a natural immunity to it. Well it appeared that way. In some cases it was true. In others the disease mutated their hosts. These mutated humans gained several incredible powers. Increased agility, intelligence, strength, reflexes, and some mind powers that varied from host to host. In the end the disease entered a symbiotic relationship with the mutated humans. This lead to them being impervious to diseases and had incredible regenerative powers.

Through their mutation the hosts healed as many normal sick humans as possible. By the end of the plague ten years after it started over ten percent of world's population had died. Not as devastating as a world war would have been in its stead it was enough to stop all hostile action for at least a little.

Logistics Overlords of the Redefining Disease. In short L.O.R.D. This is what the new class became. Above humans but still their servants. Eventually the disease was recreated. This time though it was controlled. At the birth of every girl and boy the disease was introduced to the baby. Always nearby was a Lord. Either to heal the baby or to be there for the initiation of a new Lord.

Ethan Nathanieal Ruberick was born to Edward Lawrence Ruberick and one Mary Lucy Thomer-Ruberick. Three hours after birth and before his own mother was able to see him or let him feed he was put in a special containment cube. Through a special entrance the disease was administered. Ethan was balling his eyes out. When the gas of the disease reached him it raced down his throat and up his nose. It seeped into the eyes and layered onto his skin. Rushing through his pores into his bloodstream. His blood bubbled. His eyes froze. His lungs collapsed. Yet the doctors did nothing. The disease was only getting use to the body.

His eyes started moving again. His blood cooled down and started flowing again. His lungs once again filled with air. Throughout his entire body changes were quickly made. His mind opened, his muscles strengthened, his eyes grew sharp, his ears shaped up to a point. Then his hair changed. From the blonde he was born as into a grass green. His eyes went from the bright blue of a newborn baby to a fiery red. Almost like the fires of hell below the earth.

Ethan was a L.O.R.D.

Chapter 2

Thirteen years of training. Ever since he was two years old Ethan was training. Ninjitsu, Moo Do Kwan, Taekwando, yoga, Jujitsu, Aikido, Karate, and the way of the sword. Every Lord was required these courses. Well at least the way of the sword and two fighting techniques. Ethan though figured he would try several different styles. He mastered every single one he attempted. Then came the more academic training. History, Writing, Mathematics, and a choice of sciences. He took Chemistry, Biology, Forensics, Physics, Astronomy, and Astrology. His mind was full of information. Yet even with most of this training he still had to go to school. Mostly for the experience it gives a person but also for socialization. This year Ethan wasn't going to be going to a private school. This year he was to be a Sophomore of a public high school.

Most young Lords do not carry their katanas to school. Instead they rely on their smaller tanto. So it was that while Ethan was standing waiting for his bus that he showed no outward sign that he was a Lord. The tanto was effectively hidden in an easy access spot. The only part that showed he was different was his grass green hair and his fire red eyes. This still did not make him outstanding. Many people in public school had contacts and dyed hair.

There was two other people standing there waiting for the bus to come. Both females. One a redhead with bright green eyes. Her hair fell past her shoulders. Her face was covered in freckles and the revealed skin hinted it might extend further. Although a little over five and a half feet tall she looked short next to Ethan's six foot four frame. The second girl was even shorter then the redhead by almost half a foot. This one though was a blonde haired blue eyed girl. As with most blondes she fit her frame nicely. An almost perfect hour glass figure.

They both stared at him and whispered to each other. They stood that way until the bus came. Ethan off a little not really knowing what to do. The two girls sitting on the border of a rock corner. As the bus pulled up Ethan noticed it was empty. This meant that he was on the first stop. Enjoyable as now he could see everyone that got on.

Nine stops and twenty two people later he made it to school. To him it was huge. Only use to small campus, the high school's several building campus seemed almost like another world to him. Over there was the continent of the library. There was the mountain chain known as the academic hall. There a lone island of administration. There another larger continent known only by the smells coming from it. The cafeteria. Then the small island chain that could only be identified by the signs outside of it. A small vocational class group.

Ethan Ruberick walked into the academic hall and found classroom 109. English two. A class he never needed at his private school because of his Lord status. Here only a select few even knew he was a Lord. Himself, his guidance counselor, and the principle. It was to be a closely guarded secret. Although Ethan felt that his counselor Mrs. Richards might "accidentally" let it out. On the two times they had been together she showed utter contempt for him.

Inside the classroom several seats were already taken but most were empty. At his desk was the teacher, Mr. Henry. Ethan approached him to ask where he sat.

"Some odd hair you have there. So what can I do for you? No wait let me guess. Where do you sit? Am I right?" Mr. Henry asked. Ethan just nodded. "Well now I can't give you your seat if you don't give me your name. No wait. Let me guess ... Ethan Ruberick." Mr. Henry's eyes went up looking for conformation.

"Ya but how did you know?" Ethan asked a little scared that Mr. Henry might actually be a hidden Lord.

"Oh that was easy. First, your hair is kinda hard to forget. I never saw it around last year so I figured you to be a new student. Second, I have had most of these students last year when I taught English one. Now for the grand unmasking. You have a picture here with your name underneath it for attendance. Not that hard to figure out. Hahahahaha," Mr. Henry laughed.

Ethan saw nothing funny so he didn't join in. A kid sitting almost right in front of the teacher's desk did overhear the conversation though. He laughed. Ethan didn't understand why they would laugh. Mr. Henry had led him to believe he could be a Lord or just a really smart human. Instead he played a trick on him.

"So. You are in the last row there by the window and in the last seat." Ethan expected this. Most teachers tend to conform to requests from the principle. Ethan had made the request to always be in one of the corners in the back of the class.

Ethan took his seat as the student flow into the classroom increased. The bell rang. Several more students entered and just took a random seat. Most people seemed to avoid trying to sit by him as his hair marked him as a weird kid. It did not last though. Soon enough all the other seats except those around him were full. Three more people entered. Two boys and a girl. Ethan took note of them without notice and didn't even pay them any attention. He was waiting for the teacher to begin.

The tardy bell rang. No one else entered the class. "Good morning students. My name is Mr. Henry as I am sure several of you remember. The seats you are currently in will be your assigned seats. Get use to them. Now I welcome you to English two. This year we will be..."

Ethan was confused. Why tell him this was his seat if he was going to let people sit anywhere? Maybe it was to be his seat anyway? Or was he just choosing where I would most likely like to sit? Who knows?

And so the class proceeded. Until the students were forced to introduce yourself. At last it came down his row. The boy in front of him introduced himself told a few interesting facts about himself and sat back down. Ethan stood. He eyed the class quickly before introducing himself.

"Hi, my name is Ethan Ruberick. I am new to this school and school district. A few interesting things about me are my hair, my eyes, and of course of me. Thank you," Ethan said as he sat back down. People stared at him as if he was an idiot or an ignorant kid. After introductions were done the class was allowed to socialize and catch up with friends. Talking erupted around him. Ethan just simply went into a simple meditation technique he figured out himself. Concentrating only of the breathing in and out and making sure not to use words in his own head.

His mind stretched. Opened. With his inherent telepathic ability he was able to see the surface of the minds of everyone in the room. Surprisingly the only one he couldn't exactly sense was that of Mr. Henry. Oh he could see it but to his sense it was not there. Very few normal humans knew how to block their minds. Most of these were people that did not like Lords or worked real close to Lords. The bell rang.

Ethan closed up his mind and picked up his backpack. Might as well stop by my locker, Ethan thought. Gotta drop some of these binders off or I am likely to hurt myself. So he stopped at his locker and quickly opened it. To his left and right girls appeared. They were the owners of the lockers surrounding his. Looking further on he noticed the closest male was at least five lockers down his left. He threw in his English binder, math binder, and science binder. The other four binders would have to come with him as he would not be able to get close to his locker and make it to class on time.

Walking into the gym showed his class scattered all over the floor of the gym. Upon entering almost every head turned to see him. Those that didn't turn their heads were a few people with their backs turned to him. Not in the least bit embarrassed Ethan just walked over to a wall and sat down. The tardy bell rang. After three minutes without a teacher some students started to really fool around. Paper airplanes, paper balls, spit wads, and even a few wrestling matches.

"Hey anyone know how long we have to wait on the teacher before we leave?" Someone shouted through the gym. Everyone fell silent. Apparently a lot of people wanted to know how long they would have to wait.

"Five minutes," some kid with glasses shouts back. "One minute left."

The teacher walks in. Balding on the head the teacher stands only five feet tall. Like a typical coach he is wearing sweat pants and a sweatshirt. Around his neck is a whistle. Wheeeeeeee.

"Ok everyone line up over there on the wall with the green hair guy. We have to get a few things done. First we got to figure out what we will teach in this class this year. Next we do introductions. Well I am Coach Arnold. Now..." And so the class went. The entire time just sitting against the wall picking the courses and at the end getting assigned lockers. The choices that were picked were martial arts, softball, flag football, soccer, basketball, and of course volleyball. Ethan was surprised that a public school would offer martial arts. Then again these days you needed any way to protect yourself possible. The bell rang.

Ethan quickly set out for his next class. Computer graphics. The course description implied that there was more than just graphics but wouldn't say exactly what. A Mr. Jones taught this class. Introductions were made and the class socialized. Information technology his fourth period class was the same. With the same teacher.

History was taught by Ms. Twilets. Sixth period was math. Well Geometry. This was taught by a Mrs. Jones. Married to Mr. Jones that taught the computer classes. Chemistry his last hour was taught by a Mrs. Polinish. Every class on the first day of school was the same. Introductions then a basic overview of the class. No homework. And then after all his classes and dropping his backpack off at his locker he headed outside.

Buses came and went. The crowd of students slowly dwindled. Four buses at one time made a big dent in the few hundred outside the school. Another six come. A bigger dent. Buses came and went until only about ten students were left. Not a single bus before was Ethan's. Finally another bus pulls in. 13064. This one would take him home. All eleven of the students left crowd around the bus. When the doors open it is a mad rush to get in. Pushing pulling. When Ethan finally boards the bus only two seats have an opening. One up front with a middle schooler or one in the back with a girl. He chooses the back.

Automatically his eyes look over the girl. Just to know his surroundings. Her brunette hair fell down to her shoulders. Her brown eyes seemed so lovely the way they looked at you. She smiled at some joke. To Ethan it seemed as if a light was turned on. Who cared what her body looked like. Her face was just perfect. Although his eyes did stop at her face they continued on, on the force of habit.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.