Time Waits For No One - Cover

Time Waits For No One

Copyright© 2008 by Von_in_your_Mind

Chapter 2

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 2 - Come and meet Hero John. He is not your average hero, he is of all things a lawyer on earth. One who looks for the loop holes in the agreements. Watch him turn the world of Hero's, Companion's Caretakers and Chaos on it's preverbal ear when he changes the rules of the game.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Fiction   Time Travel   Humor  

It was difficult to correlate the time difference. My internal clock was telling me that I had been gone for months. My body felt different from the muscles that I had used and developed while on Chaos. The worst of it was how my heart felt with the need for Beth. Were these the lingering effects of being a Hero?

I could understand the reason Samuel had been gone for so many years. This world was nothing but a rest stop before you could begin the next adventure. It would quickly become an addiction the next time, starting with your Caretaker and the adventure that would follow, not to mention the benefits of the Damsel.

Beth had not told me when to return so to keep myself busy, I did what every good attorney did. I reread the papers that began this all. They covered a lot of information but not every element of the Hero life was covered. There were gray areas here and there, and I looked for ways to exploit them. I’m a trained attorney after all.

It had slipped past me, or maybe I just didn’t want to think it applied: how a Hero would return to Crossroads and be returned to Earth if he died on Chaos. There had to be some physical way the Powers that Be had to bring the Hero back.

Thinking about it until my stomach growled, I went to the kitchen and fixed something to eat. Stomach full, my body decided that an afternoon nap might be in order. I lay on the bed in the room Samuel had me stay the night before and fell asleep pondering that question.

Awaking with no better understanding, I stopped to use the bathroom and decided that my personal belongings were needed badly. Living in this one set of clothes for two days was going to end. I took my car and drove to my apartment. There was no real rush to move much at this point. The lease wouldn’t expire for another few months, so I was on the hook for it unless the landlord was willing to break it.

Having packed the necessary wardrobe items and placed them in my car, my next stop was the management office to inquire about breaking the lease. The young woman on duty did not know if they would but said she would ask her boss and leave me a message. I asked that she leave it on my home telephone as I had resigned my position. That was the easy way to plant the idea that I might not be able to pay for the apartment in the future. Paying tenants are the best tenants, so making a consideration might be easier if they thought I no longer had a way to pay.

I was driving back when it came to me how a Hero would be found and brought back from Chaos. The glimmer of the ring that I had failed to remove on my return caught my eye. It had to be the ring; it no doubt tracked the status of the Hero as well as opened the portals. I wondered if Beth could track me here also.

I had never been married, not even in what you would call a committed relationship. But here I was thinking about Beth; she had given up much to be my Caretaker, and I wondered if she had the choice of Heroes to possibly be with, like I had a choice with her. There were so many questions and so few answers.

It was close to dinner, so I stopped for a meal at the Wonder Burger. I had grown up on them as a kid and loved the taste no matter how bad they were for you. It was funny but I had just eaten there last week but the tricks my mind played due to Crossroads and Chaos made it seem so long ago.

The office door locked; I was at the portal entrance, key in hand to open the door it was located behind. I would leave the key on the desk after I unlocked the door as it would not pass through the portal. Beth was on my mind and the lusts for her were strong. I opened the door and walked into the portal.

She came out from the bedroom and ran to me. “Oh gods, you’re back!” She was kissing me. I returned the kisses and carried her to the bed. Our passions flared and we consummated the feeling we had for each other with as many restoratives as we wanted. She was lying next to me, her head on my chest “I was to have told you not to come back before a week had passed on Earth. But I couldn’t do that. I want you so badly.”

“I wouldn’t have waited. Being with you is what matters to me now.” I felt tears fall on my chest and heard soft moans.

“It’s so good. I never thought I would love like this,” she said.

“Are we allowed to be in love?”

“There is nothing that forbids it.”

“Even if there were, I would love you.” That began another round of passion, and we fell asleep holding each other.

We awoke and made our way to the shower. I worshiped her body and she mine as we washed together. Breakfast appeared when we asked for it, and we ate racing back into bed afterwards. There was only she and I and nothing else in three worlds mattered.

She was back her head resting on my shoulder. “I have a question.”

“Yes...” she replied.

“Do Caretakers get to choose from three Heroes like I got to choose from three Caretakers?”

“It is in the rules yes, but I didn’t do that.”

“Why didn’t you do that?”

“I saw you and wanted only you.”

“How did you know that I would choose you?”

“I didn’t.”

“You must have gone crazy when I waited to choose you.”

“I did. I was so certain that you would have chosen me right away. When you didn’t it was depressing.”

“I did choose you right away. However, I knew that I wanted to take Samuel and have him see Samantha one last time. Choosing you immediately would not have allowed that.”

“Do you always exploit the rules?” She asked.

“Only when it is to my advantage.” I got a kiss. “Tell me about what happens when a hero dies on Chaos.”

“His body is brought back to his Caretaker and then sent back to Earth.”

“What if he has a Companion or Companions and they are killed?”

“He is responsible for bringing them back.”

“And if he had not completed his mission?”

“The Damsel could be lost if he came back to Crossroads before he completed the mission. You’re asking this because of the General, aren’t you?”

“Exactly. He showed me the graves of his family. If I took him there to die and be with them, it would have been a waste of time and effort if he was returned.”

“Showing that much kindness and concern is never a waste.”

“It’s the ring that is the key isn’t it? It allows you to track the Hero there.”

“Yes.”

“Can you track me on earth the same way?”

“No, the Powers that Be only allow you to be tracked on Chaos.”

“How closely can you track me?”

“I know where you are, but I can’t see what you are doing or saying. Simply, I know you’re alive.”

“Interesting.”

“What?”

“Oh, nothing.”

“Don’t play that with me. When you find something interesting you have found a way to use the rules to your advantage.”

“Who me?” I said with a smirk.

She kissed me which began another round of passion. We were lying together her head on my shoulder again. “You know there are Damsels that need you to rescue them.”

“I know and while I could stay with you here forever, the need to rescue them should take precedence.”

“I know. I don’t want you to leave, but it is why we are here.”

“How many missions are there for my evaluation?”

“Three.”

“Which of the Damsels is in the greatest danger?”

“They are all in danger but Jessica has been there the longest and should be the one you rescue.”

“How long and what are the circumstances?”

“She has been there for two years. She is being kept in the swamp lands in the far south. The kidnappers who have her are a clannish group and do not take to outsiders.”

“It sounds dangerous.”

“Every mission is dangerous but no doubt this one has additional elements since it is difficult to know where the loyalties are.”

“I should go then.”

“I know, but I am too selfish to make you,” she said pulling herself tighter to me.

“I will come back to you.”

“I know but it will be difficult and there is always the possibility that you will be hurt or killed.”

“That is the same risk she has now.”

“She chose that risk.”

“I chose to be a Hero.”

“I know but that does not make it any easier to let you go.”

“We both know that I need to go. Let’s eat and have a shower. I am sure she can wait for that long.”

We finished and I was through the Chaos portal shortly after that. I opened the box and took my weapons, armor, money and the books out. I had not removed the amulet from my neck. I put the armor on and opened the money bag to decide what I might need. When I dropped the contents out the ring that Samuel had given me to take back to Beth was there. Placing that back in the box I closed it and put it back.

Looking out of the vault and I could see only one person at the tellers cage, so I walked out. I did not see Raymond anywhere but there was a guard at the door. He had been hidden by the cage. He looked me over but did not move towards me.

I walked to him. “Hello.”

“Hello.” He said.

“I am John.”

“I thought you might be; Raymond said you might show up.”

“Where is he?”

“He took some time off to go and visit family.” He was staring outside as he talked to me.

“What is so interesting out there?” I asked and then looked out where he was looking.

“Those two, some of the men decided that they wanted to get to know them better. The women decided they didn’t want them to.” I saw as I looked closer that it was Sammy and Joe and there were six men with swords drawn. Sammy and Joe had theirs out also.

“Looks like it might be a fight.”

“Three on one don’t seem to be good odds for them.”

“I’ll see if they want me to change the odds.”

“That might be a good idea. Raymond told me not to leave the bank for any reason, but I was thinking about going to help them anyway.”

“You stay here as it might be a ploy to get you out there.”

“I thought it might be also, but I would hate to see either of those two hurt or killed.”

“Well, they can take care of themselves. I’ll just distract the others.”

I walked out of the bank and some movement caught my eye. I saw Kathy; she had a bow and arrow in her hand. I looked at her and she saw me and waved. I used my two fingers to point at my eyes and then up towards the roof and around the town. If there were others I wanted her to be on the lookout for them.

She nodded her head agreeing and moved back out of sight. I walked over towards the group and stopped behind them. Just a few feet from pike’s distance.

“A’right misses, there are six of us, and we want you to be a c’min with us. Ain’t no need to worry; just some fun and you can go back home in the m’rng.”

“We don’t think so.” Sammy said.

“Now, now, what ya be a thk’n don’t matter none. Me and the boys won’t hurt ya none.” That got a laugh from the rest of them.

Since he was being an ass I decided to be a pain in his. I walked a bit closer to him and jabbed the tip of the pike into his. He let out a scream and fell to the ground. The others looked at him and saw the pike pulling back and followed it back to look at me, which of course gave Sammy and Joe the idea to stick a couple of them, who had turned too far around; their sword tips found their asses too.

Before you knew it there were three of them on the ground wailing about how their asses hurt. That left three of them standing who turned to look at the women. I was tempted to stick another one in the ass but decided they were just too stupid and this was just too easy.

“Now gentlemen, I think the ladies would like you to leave.” The three of them turned to look at me.

“Who the hell are you?” Just then I heard the release of the bowstring and a scream as a man fell from the roof next to us. There had been seven with the one who fell from the roof, and I doubted that was all of them.

Sammy and Joe attacked the two closest to them. The last one came at me. He tried to knock the pike from my hands. The arrow that struck him stopped that. His scream got the attention of the other two, and they surrendered tossing their weapons on the ground. I heard hoof beats as horses were being ridden; the sound went softer so no doubt they were going away.

A few moments later the sheriff appeared with his deputies. “Hello, Harry.”

“Hello, John. What do we have here?”

“Two dead, two surrendered and three stuck in the ass,”

“I can see that. What were they doing that got them this way?” Right then Kathy walked up.

“I think it was a diversion to get the bank guard outside. No doubt they wanted to rob the bank,” I said.

“Wo’ld have worked too if ys din’t go an be a stckn your nose in!” the bigmouthed one said.

“I think that settles it.”

“That it does.” The Sheriff replied.”I’ll leave them to you then.”

“Thanks.” He extended his hand, and we shook. “Always good to see you, John.”

I turned to Kathy, “Thank you.”.

“My pleasure,” she replied. Just then Sammy and Joe came over, and I got a kiss from each of them followed by Kathy.

Suddenly there was a loud cry from the men. I saw the one who was talking fall forward, a dagger sticking out of his back. Tim stood behind him some ten feet away. The deputies rolled him over and there was a small crossbow in his hand. Tim came up then. “That one was going to shoot you.”.

“Thanks for not letting him.”

“He’s Jackass Wallace,” Tim said.

“Who?”

“The one you first stuck in the ass. There is a reward for him dead or alive.”

“How about it, Sheriff? Is there a reward?”

“Yes, the poster just came in today. He’s a bad one. It’s a conch for him; who knows how much for the others?”

“I’ll stop by later then.”

“I’m looking forward to seeing you.”

I turned back to the others; Tim had come over and joined them. “It’s good to see all of you again.”

“If you’re here then you’re on another adventure right?” Tim offered.

“Yes I am, but the street is not the place to talk about it.”

We headed back to the tavern, Sammy and Joe on my sides with Tim and Kathy on either side of them. We were about ten feet from the door when the blur of flesh came running up and hugged me. “Hero John, I am so glad you are back.” I got kisses from her.

“I am glad to be back, Ruby. Is there any of that wonderful bread and stew?”

“Oh John, yes there is.” I had just eaten with Beth but the thought of that hot bread and stew, yum.

She was so sweet and before I knew it we were all sitting down eating. She brought us all watered wine and then Boland showed up. “Good to see you, John.”

“Same to you, Boland. How have you been?”

“I’m tired John. Those daughters of mine have done nothing but talk about what you did and pine away wanting to go on another adventure.”

“I don’t know, Boland. There are so many who want to go. Do you think it would be fair if I only took them and Tim?” I noticed Ruby’s head turn to look at me and her eyes light up.

“Have pity on me, I am begging you.”

A man of your size begging me; why Boland certainly you jest.”

“I would not jest about that. They would only pine away to be with you and get nothing accomplished here.”

“Cut it out, Dad. You know he is going to take us. We’re part of the team,” Sammy declared.

There was laughter all around. It was Tim who asked, “So what is the adventure?”

“There is a Damsel in the swampland to the south. She has been there...”

We talked it over two tankards of watered wine as we finished the stew and bread. None of them knew much about the area other than it was a long way away, hot and full of bugs with snakes and quicksand.

Kathy left us for a while and came back with a map. It showed the way there and what was involved in the travel. They were right: it would take us weeks to get there.

We left the tavern and were on our way to the stables when the sheriff saw us. He jerked his head towards what was his office, so we changed direction and went that way.

Once we were inside, he closed the door. “Thanks for coming over John.”

“No problem Harry. What’s happening?”

“I’m afraid and so are my men.”

“Of what?”.

“Not what but who.”

“Okay of whom?”

“Jackass’s gang. There are at least twelve of them who ride with him all the time.”

“Well with Jackass dead and six of the others captured, wounded or killed, they shouldn’t bother you.”

“They’re a rough bunch.”

“We chopped the head off the snake when we killed Jackass. In addition, when you hang the rest of them in the morning the others should scatter.”

“I think they will either try to break them out tonight or rescue them from the gallows in the morning.”

“What do you need from me?”

“Some of the General’s army would be nice.”

“I don’t think they could get here in time.”

“Could you help me?” He was scared and I could read it in his eyes.

“You tell me what you want me to do, and I will help anyway I can.”

“I’ll fort up here in the jail tonight. No one goes in or out. If you could patrol the streets tonight and maybe set up an ambush in the morning in case they show up.”

“I think we can do that. I want you to have all the shopkeepers and the others lock up everything early tonight. Send the deputies out now to have them make that happen.Nothing moves in this town.”

“I will have them go and tell everyone right now. Thanks, John.”

“No problem.”

We left Harry’s office and headed over to the stable. Tom met us and I got a hearty handshake. I went over and reintroduced myself to Blue. The girls had found the horses they wanted to ride and Tim had his. That done I asked, “I think we will need some packhorses for the supplies this time.”

“I can arrange that,” Tom said.

“And at least one more horse and saddle,” I added.

“For who?” Tim asked.

“For whom, Tim. It’s for Ruby of course.”

With that the girls said, “She is just the cook. Why is she going?”

“You really don’t know?”

“No. She came here a few years ago and Dad hired her to bake and cook. She does both well but she is only the cook.”

“She is Alice’s niece. The General told me that he took Alice on all of his campaigns where he wanted to eat more than just his cooking. It kept the troops happy with good food.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.