Starting Over - Cover

Starting Over

Copyright© 2008 by Little Owl

Chapter 14: Happy New Year?

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 14: Happy New Year? - Can a forty-something single mother really start over when the odds are against her?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic  

Monday morning, Trisha contacted her attorney's office and was surprised to find she was in. After an abbreviated discussion about the recent events, Trisha made an appointment for right after the New Years' so they could talk about what might happen next.

"I thought you weren't coming to lunch?" John asked Trisha as she approached the table that he and Mark were sitting at.

"How did it go?" Mark asked, a little anxious. "Was she in?"

Turning to John, Trisha said, "I didn't think my phone call would be as short as it was." Then she turned to Mark. "And, yes, she was in and, after I gave her the 'Readers' Digest' version of the events, she suggested I make an appointment for after the holidays, so I did." As she sat down, Mark poured a hot liquid from a travel mug into a cup and then gently pushed it toward her, along with a small sandwich he pulled from his lunch bag.

A smile crept on Trisha's face as she proceeded to dip her cheese sandwich into her tomato soup. She was beginning to get used to the fact that Mark just seemed to know what she needed and gave it willingly. As Mark and John continued their conversation, Trisha just sat back and enjoyed it. She couldn't believe how lucky she was; and, just a short time ago, she was cursing her very existence.

When lunch time was over, the three proceeded back to their respective areas. Mark and Trisha continued to keep their relationship low-key at work. Instead of giving her the kiss and hug he wanted to, Mark just gently squeezed her hand before walking the opposite way down the hall.

"He is really stuck on you, you know." John observed, watching his best friend's back grow smaller.

"The feeling is mutual, I can assure you."

Trisha was happy that John knew of their relationship and, seemingly, approved. She also liked the way he hovered over both of them, trying to protect them from the company rumor mill as much as possible.

Soon after Trisha had settled back in her cubicle, she felt a presence behind her. She thought she had positioned her desk and computer in such a way that it would prevent anyone from sneaking up on her; she would have to re-think her setup. Just then, a breathy voice spoke into her ear, tickling her just slightly.

"It was all I could do not to give you a big kiss in the lunchroom." Mark couldn't help but nibble her earlobe just a bit with his face so close to hers.

"Thank you for restraining yourself," Trisha sighed, leaning back slightly in her chair. "I don't want to seem ungrateful, but is there something you need, or was this just a social call?"

It would be so easy for Trisha to continue to be distracted by Mark's advances, but she knew that she had a lot of work to get done. John had given her a new project he thought would be perfect to tackle during the holidays. With many users being gone, IT was relatively quiet, so John was hoping it would give Trisha enough time to work on this during the day so she could still have her nights with Mark.

"Actually," Mark continued, moving from behind Trisha's chair," I was wondering two things. One, do you have plans for dinner? And, two, do you have plans for New Years Eve?"

"Well," Trisha began, being able to catch her breath and think straight now that Mark had moved away from her, "one, I have some stew in the crock pot, I thought we could eat at my house. And, two, yes, sort of, and I was hoping you would join me."

"Stew sounds great for dinner. What's going on for New Years Eve?"

"My neighbor, Shelly, usually has a party. You met her and her husband at the Christmas Concert. They have a son in the same grade as Greg and Peter; and a daughter a year younger. It's great because we can walk over to their house and easily walk back; I don't have to worry about being on the road after midnight with all the 'crazies.' Most of the neighbors are invited, so the boys always have friends from school there and they can have their own New Years Eve party, but not be too far away or unchaperoned. Shelly already told me you could come, too. Most of the parents who are invited were also at the Christmas concert," she concluded, matter-of-factly.

"Sounds like fun," Mark replied, somewhat absentmindedly.

"Did you have other plans?"

"No, no! I had no other plans about the night except wanting to spend it with you. I want to get to know your friends better, too. It's just it's going to feel weird getting together with them without Greg and Peter." Just then, Mark's blackberry buzzed. "Got to go," he said, looking up from his message. "So, I'll come over for dinner? Around 6 okay? We can talk more about this then." He bent down to gently place a kiss good-bye on Trisha's lips. He had meant for it to be a quick, loving kiss, but it quickly turned into more. Breathless, Trisha pulled away from him.

"You have to go, remember?" she reminded, with a smile. "We both should get back to work; especially since we don't need anyone walking in on us. I'll see you tonight." With a low, quiet growl, Mark turned and left.

Mark arrived at Trisha's a little early and dinner was hot and waiting. He could quickly get used to coming home to her every night, he thought. As the two ate dinner, even though the conversation flowed nicely, Mark still appeared a bit distracted.

"What's wrong?" Trisha was concerned that it was something she had done.

"It's just not right," he began to explain. "How can you stand being away from your boys for a whole week?"

Trisha began to laugh, albeit a sad laugh. "It's not easy," she explained, "but I've gotten used to it. Sometimes I even look forward to it; especially after a particularly stressful time. But, when the lights go out, I still end up missing them, too."

The rest of the week was more of the same. They ate lunch together with John most days, and they ate dinner and slept together every night. They were already in a comfortable routine, but Mark liked it. New Year's Eve came and most people were allowed to go home after lunch. Mark headed over to Trisha's as soon as he could.

Trisha and Mark arrived at Shelly's about 9 o'clock New Years Eve and the couple was immediately whisked away in a deluge of questions, with many friends later giving approving nods. While the couple separated during the evening to mingle, they came back together right before the stroke of midnight. As the ball reached the bottom and everyone shouted, "Happy New Year!" Mark placed a chaste kiss on Trisha's lips followed by a strong hug. By one o'clock in the morning, the weary couple walked arm in arm down the block and back into Trisha's house. As soon as they both got into bed, they were asleep in each others' arms.

The couple slept in on New Year's Day, getting out of bed around noontime. They milled around the house getting chores done before the boys were due home at dinnertime. Trisha even got Mark to do some dishes while she got dinner ready. She was in the basement doing laundry when the boys came home.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.