Starting Over
Chapter 6: Holiday Party

Copyright© 2008 by Little Owl

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 6: Holiday Party - Can a forty-something single mother really start over when the odds are against her?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic  

A couple of years ago, Ace Alarm Company had a poor turnout for their company Christmas Party. When the employees were surveyed, they indicated that there were too many conflicts between children's pageants and spouses' company parties between Thanksgiving and Christmas. So, the company began to institute a Company Holiday Party, and set a date for before Thanksgiving, hoping that this would garner a better response. Much to the elation of upper management, they had had a record turnout, so the tradition continued.

Trisha had just gotten a clean bill of health from her doctor regarding her foot. While Mark insisted on continuing to drive Trisha to and from work, they were not seen together very much during the day. Occasionally, Mark would join Trisha and John during lunch, but that was it; they were never seen alone during work so no one was aware of the budding romance between the two, or so they thought.

It was agreed that Trisha would go to the Holiday Party with John and Denise, his wife. Trisha didn't really want to go, but Mark had pulled the old "If I have to go, you have to go" routine on her and she couldn't think up a good rebuttal. John knew that his two friends had not had much time to get out and do anything while Trisha's foot was bandaged up. This would be the perfect time for them to jump start their new relationship. John wasn't happy when he saw the two avoiding each other during work, even during lunch. He tried to convince Mark that the three of them having lunch together would not arouse as much suspicion as Mark thought, but Mark wasn't convinced. So, John was hoping that this would put both Trisha and Mark at ease during work and get them ready to start opening up to each other.

When John, Denise and Trisha entered the hall, John escorted the ladies over to their table. Mark was already there, along with Marsha, Janice and their dates, and he was struck dumb when he saw Trisha all dressed up. She didn't have much chance to wear a dress at work, so Mark felt like he was seeing her for the first time.

"Wow!" he exclaimed when standing to greet the trio, blushing afterwards, knowing everyone had heard him.

"Why, thank you," Denise gushed, immediately walking up to Mark to give him a hug and kiss on the cheek. Whispering in his ear, so only he could hear, she added, "Trisha does look great, doesn't she? She's very lucky to have you in her life."

"I'm the lucky one," Mark corrected, returning the kiss and then releasing Denise to greet his best friend.

"You're a lucky dog," John commented when the two men greeted each other.

"Thanks." Mark couldn't help but blush a little more.

He was a little uneasy about how he should greet Trisha, but seeing her up close, Mark couldn't resist and tenderly embraced her and kissed her on the cheek, just as he had done to Denise. "You look fantastic," he said quietly, speaking right in her ear. "Make sure you save me a dance tonight."

"Thanks," Trisha answered, shyly. She felt like all eyes were on her and she was slightly embarrassed with the attention. However, Mark's reaction had sent her insides to do somersaults and her heart to beat wildly. Even though he'd been making it clear to her that he wanted to be involved in a relationship with her, she was still, somewhat, reluctant.

The dinner went along smoothly. Marsha and Janice were quick to fill Mark and Trisha in on the gossip on third shift; everything except what was said about them, of course. Everyone enjoyed laughs over stories of holidays past. Soon enough, the food was cleared and the dance floor was opened for the festivities.

Before anyone else from the table could have a chance, Mark was on his feet inviting Trisha to dance with him. Although the dance floor was quickly filling up, both Trisha and Mark felt like they were being spotlighted; everyone seemed to be watching them. Trisha just brushed it off as being because of their height difference. Mark knew differently.

In the years since his divorce, John and Denise had continued to force him to come to these parties. Each year, he came alone and sulked at the table until it was time to leave. This year was the first year in a long time that he was truly enjoying himself. And, it was all because of Trisha.

Mark danced every slow dance with Trisha. He didn't want Trisha to hurt herself again, so he discouraged her from dancing to the fast songs. She complained at first, but she relented when she realized that they ended up the only ones at the table during the fast songs. She was really enjoying the attention Mark was lauding on her.

As the evening was winding down, John turned to Trisha and Mark. "Mark, do you mind taking Trisha home? I forgot that Denise and I have plans to stay here in the city for the weekend," he explained. "Do you mind, Trisha?"

Mark and Trisha were quick to consent to the change in plans. Mark was also quick to recognize a set-up when he saw one, and gave his best friend a knowing glare. John just shrugged innocently and then he and Denise said their good-nights to everyone at their table.

Mark retrieved Trisha's coat and they walked arm in arm to his truck. Once they were on the road home, Trisha spoke.

"Marsha and Janice will have the rumor mills working over-time on this one," Trisha noted. "Did you see them watching us during dinner?"

"Is that a problem?" Mark asked, a little concern sneaking into his voice.

"I guess not," she began, trying to choose her words carefully. "I don't know that I like people talking about me behind my back, but that's unavoidable, I guess. I'm just not sure what to tell anyone. I mean, what do I say if people ask about us? Or, better yet, would they just stare?"

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.