There Is a Reason - Cover

There Is a Reason

Copyright© 2008 by A.A. Nemo

Chapter 14

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 14 - Can a young man find love again after botching the first go round? Sometimes running away leads to unexpected joys and sorrows.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual  

Becky woke. She was practically purring as she stretched herself against Bret's sleeping form, naked but warm and content under flannel sheets and a down comforter. It was very quiet. The remoteness of the ranch coupled with the blanket of fresh snow muffled any sound. She heard the hall clock strike two. Bret was sleeping on his back and she caressed his chest and flat stomach. He didn't stir. She hadn't meant to wake him; she was just enjoying the feel of him, secure in the knowledge that she was going to spend her life with him.

She noticed the first time they spent the night together at the inn at Alma over Christmas that his body was different. The bulky muscles of an athlete had been replaced by the sinewy muscles of a man who did hard physical work. She smiled as she thought about how hard it was to find a soft place on his body to rest her head. Becky didn't mind, and of course he was hard in other places, which had kept her in ecstasy this night as they celebrated their reunion.

Suddenly she remembered and had to see it. She quietly slid from the bed and walked to the large window that faced the long driveway to Grizzle Road, wrapping her nakedness in a knitted throw from the back of the nearby rocking chair. The light at the front of the barn was obscured by large flakes of snow. There was also some light from the fixtures on the front porch. She held up her hand and looked at the diamond solitaire. Even in the snow-diminished light she saw how it radiated.

Becky turned and sat in the nearby rocker tucking her feet under her and watching the snow and remembering her welcome.

Standing at the airport baggage claim with Bret's arms around her, made her feel safe and loved, and all of her uncertainties vanished with his embrace. She had missed him so much. Their nightly phone conversations had gone from romantic to sometimes down right pornographic, at least after Amelia said good night.

She hated for him to let her go but it seemed the smart thing to have him get the truck as she and Amelia waited for her bags to arrive. It was very cold and more snow was predicted. She brought a spare suitcase with clothes for the summer. To everyone's delight, her Fellowship in Veterinary Medicine at the University of Montana had come through, so she would be back in June even though she'd be over a hundred miles away. That certainly beat two thousand miles!

Bret's new truck looked quite different than the last time she saw it. Now it looked more like a work truck with its snow and mud covered flanks. She smiled with the memory of how Bret had kept his former black truck so pristine while they were in high school. The trip to the ranch took over an hour as Bret drove the snow-covered roads. Becky was glad she had packed a very warm leather jacket with a fleece lining and collar. She took it from her luggage before they left the terminal.

Amelia sat in the back in her car seat with Jack beside her on his blanket. She chattered non stop about all the things they were going to do and see, and how she had planned to show Becky the ranch and introduce her to everyone in town. Eventually she ran down and fell asleep.

In the silence, Bret looked at Becky and smiled. She loved the feel of warmth where her hand rested on his thigh.

"How are you Becky?"

"I'm fine now ... now that I'm here with you."

"I can't tell you how happy I am to see you."

"Well maybe you can show me later." She giggled, glancing back at a sleeping Amelia.

Becky stroked his thigh.

"Better stop that Ms. Wallace ... if you know what's good for you!"

"Oh? And what would that be Mr. Dawson?" Her hand drifted lightly to his crotch.

He grabbed her wrist and brought her hand to his mouth and kissed her palm. Becky shivered.

"Can't you drive faster?" she said

"Not if we want to make it home in one piece so I can make you pay for your teasing!"

He released her hand and she put it back on his thigh.

Okay ... I'll try to be good ... But you understand you did this to me ... made me a wanton woman ... well at least your wanton woman."

She leaned across the consol her head against his arm, feeling the muscle there.

"I couldn't wait to get here."

"It's a long trip."

"Too long ... I felt like a little kid. I wanted to ask the flight attendants, are we there yet?" She squeezed his thigh as he laughed.

"You should try driving it sometimes, and bring along a four year old and a large dog!"

The town had very quickly given way to open snow-covered grazing land. She watched the spectacular beauty, as the mountains straight ahead were silhouetted by late afternoon sun.

She looked at his face as he drove. He seemed content.

"Two months has been forever. I hate it that we're apart ... especially now ... when ... when we've found each other again."

Becky kissed the side of his face.

"I love you so much."

He put his hand over hers and said, "I love you Becky. And it's been two and a half months ... it's seemed like forever for me too ... and ever since you called and said you were coming for Spring Break I've had one very excited little girl asking me daily how long before you arrive."

She glanced back at the sleeping child.

"She's pretty special."

"Yes, and she loves you too."

"I know she does ... and I'm so glad." Becky thought about the drawing in her purse.

"I know I can never take Abigail's place, but I'll try to be the best mom in the world."

She felt tears starting.

Bret looked at her.

"Becky ... this isn't about taking Abigail's place ... this is about us ... our love ... starting our new family ... Amelia and I will never forget Abigail ... and we'll always love her, but you have to know that you're not a replacement ... this little unit of the three of us ... well we're a family, and unless you change your mind, we'll do everything to show you how much we love you."

She caressed his face, tears on her cheeks.

"I couldn't ... wouldn't change my mind Bret. I love you so much ... I just want the three of us to be together. Wherever you are ... my heart is ... Don't forget that."

She reached over and put her arms around his neck.

The ranch was even more picturesque than the photos had shown, and she was unprepared for the interior which was beautifully finished and decorated perfectly. She was impressed with the fact it was so orderly and uncluttered. Not exactly what she'd expected. She wondered if it was cleared away for her arrival or if Bret and Amelia just kept it that way. Guess she would find out. She loved the kitchen and the big range and the light from the windows and skylights.

The rest of the house reflected many hours of work that made an otherwise rustic structure into a comfortable and welcoming home.

Dinner had been simmering much of the day, and when Becky walked in she was welcomed by smells of fresh bread and thick chicken vegetable stew. The meal was delicious and Amelia continued to chatter away as she'd done since they had walked out of the airport. It was fun listening to her excitement about Becky's visit.

Bret cleaned the kitchen while Becky got Amelia bathed and ready for bed. Soon Bret joined them and listened as Becky read the story of "The Patchwork Quilt". The moment they had her down for the night, Becky took Bret's hand and practically dragged him to the bedroom.

He tried to get her to pause and sit for a few minutes in front of the fire, but she was having none of it.

"But Becky ... could we talk for a moment?"

"No!"

He laughed as she continued to pull him toward the bedroom. Becky had been waiting for weeks for this moment and wasn't going to be denied.

This time she was the aggressor and their coupling was ferocious with pent up desire. It wasn't until she was finally basking in a sexual afterglow that she even considered talking. Of course by then their frantic love-making had rendered them both temporarily mentally incompetent. Becky collapsed on top of Bret and as their breathing returned to normal asked,

"So what was more important than that?"

"I don't remember."

"Right answer!" she laughed.

They lay in the darkness for several minutes enjoying the luxury of their closeness.

"Oh ... I just remembered."

"Hey!" she said as he unceremoniously rolled her off of him and sat up.

"I'll be right back." She could tell he was amused about something.

He pulled the covers over her and she lay feeling the glow and smelling the smell of their love-making.

She must have dozed, because the next thing she knew Bret was back and had taken her hand.

"Becky ... I love you ... and I want you to be my wife."

Before she could say anything she felt him slip something on her ring finger. In her semi comatose state she almost didn't realize what was happening, but then it dawned on her that it must have been a ring.

It was so dark she couldn't see, but she felt the ring with her fingers of her right hand.

"Bret, what have you done?"

He lay with his head on the pillow next to hers. "I'm just showing the world that you belong to me."

"Oh ... Bret."

He tried to hug her, but it was her turn to sit up. She crawled over him to reach the bedside lamp. It was his turn to protest as the bright light blinded him.

Becky was stunned. On her left hand was a magnificent diamond solitaire. It was at least as big as the one Brendan had given Taylor at Christmas. It sparkled in the light of the bedside lamp.

Bret lay there and smiled like a Cheshire Cat.

"That was what was so important ... before you dragged me to bed."

She moved back on top of him, feeling his body respond to her. "Bret, it's so beautiful ... But ... How? I mean you said..."

He kissed her and turned off the light.

"Still want to be my wife?"

"Was there ever any doubt?" She caressed his face.

"Now quit stalling and tell me about this ring!"

She had to wait for awhile, because, despite her protests, they had more urgent matters to attend to.

Finally satiated and with her head on his chest listening to his heart, he explained.

"Well it was mom's idea. She had a pendant that had her mother's engagement diamond in it ... Grandmother had it made into a pendant after grandpa died ... and when she died she left it to mom ... So mom said it was just sitting in her jewelry box and it seemed fitting that it should be an engagement ring again. I took it to a jeweler in Great Falls and had it set."

"Bret ... it's so beautiful. Thank you. You know you didn't have to..."

"Yes I did. I want the world to know you're my woman."

"I've always been your woman."

"Yes ... I know." He whispered as he held her.

She fell asleep draped across him.

So there she was in the early morning hours wide awake sitting in a rocker in the dark watching it snow and thinking she was the luckiest woman in the world. She had her man, a wonderful daughter and they were going to live in this beautiful place. She smiled, thinking she did hope it stopped snowing occasionally.

Feeling content in this beautiful and quiet home, she whispered into the darkness,

"Thank you Abigail ... Thank you for everything you did for Bret ... Making him the man he is ... and thank you for Amelia ... I promise I'll take good care of her for you."

Finally she dozed as a feeling of calm came over her. It was as if Abigail was welcoming her - letting her know she approved.

When she woke she was back in bed and it was daylight. There was no sign of Bret but she could smell bacon frying. She rolled over to look at the clock and discovered Jack sitting beside the bed looking at her. He did seem a bit puzzled though. Maybe he was looking for Abigail, or maybe he was just confused that there was someone other than Bret in the bed. She reached out and stroked his big doggy head.

Within seconds, Amelia arrived. She was walking very carefully trying not to spill a mug of tea. She seemed relieved as she sat it on the bedside table and then looked at Becky and said,

"Daddy says it's time to wake up. We have to leave for church in an hour."

"Okay, sweetheart ... Tell daddy I'm up ... and thanks for the tea. Before you go ... can I have a morning hug?"

Amelia smiled and leaned over the bed and put her arms around Becky's neck and hugged her. Becky was relieved the covers didn't slip. Somehow she didn't want Amelia to know she was naked in her father's bed.

As Becky made her way to the bathroom, tea in hand, she glanced out the window. The skies were leaden, but the snow had stopped. She guessed that several inches of snow was hardly a thing to worry about here. Had she been home she would have simply pulled the covers over her head and gone back to sleep, knowing nothing was going to be open today. A dusting of snow in Georgia pretty much brought things to a standstill.

She looked at the rocker, wondering how she got back to bed. Maybe she just hadn't remembered getting up. She did remember the ring on her finger.

Since Christmas she'd tried to convince herself that an engagement ring wasn't important, but she knew that she wanted one desperately. Was she shallow? She didn't doubt Bret's love and she knew a ring was an expense he didn't need to incur, but it was important to her. So now with Bret's Grandmother's stone in the ring on her finger, it just seemed to settle things, plus it did tell the world she was his woman. And leave it to Caroline to find the perfect solution. This morning at church it was going to be very clear to all the women in this town that he was her man. She smiled at that thought.

As she showered she remembered their lovemaking. Her body still felt it. She was stretched and sore, but it was a good sore, like an athlete she thought, after a great workout. Yes Becky ... that was a great workout and she couldn't wait for another!

She almost hated to wash away the smell of them. She figured the good ladies of Choteau Presbyterian Church would be able to tell by her smile alone that she had had a very good night. She giggled at the thought.

Becky dressed carefully, knowing this was her first public outing with Bret and Amelia in what would become her new home. She selected a blue cashmere sweater, long gray wool skirt and her high heel black boots which came to her knees. She brushed her blonde hair and let it hang loose over her shoulders. She looked at her reflection in the long free-standing mirror in the bedroom.

"Okay girl ... go knock 'em dead." She laughed

The kitchen was filled with wonderful cooking smells and she stood in the entryway for a few moments as she watched Bret over the stove, dishing up plates. Amelia was in a high chair at the counter and was working in griddle cakes and bacon. She told herself again how lucky she was and smiled at the thought. I'm marrying s man who makes my dreams come true ... and he can even cook.

Bret must have sensed her and turned. He smiled. Had they been alone she might have dragged him back to bed at that moment. He looked so happy and handsome in his jeans, boots and red wool shirt.

"Good morning." He said

Amelia looked up.

"Daddy made griddle cakes and bacon. I saved you some."

They each took a couple of steps and then she was in his arms. He kissed her gently.

"Did you sleep well?"

Becky nodded.

"I found you in the rocker..."

"Oh ... I wondered how I got back to bed."

"You didn't even stir when I picked you up." His look was questioning. Wondering what caused her to leave the bed.

She smiled.

"I just wanted to look at my ring again ... and the only light was from outside..."

He smiled nodding his understanding; happy that she was so pleased with the ring.

"I guess grandpa picked the right stone."

"Yes ... and I picked the right man."

It was her turn to kiss him.

"Becky ... you'd better eat ... Otherwise we'll be late for church. Mommy hated to be late for church."

They drew apart.

"Well Amelia ... Guess I'd better eat then. I hate being late for church too."

Bret had already plowed the driveway so they had no trouble getting out and the ten miles to Choteau was uneventful. The town was very quiet but when they arrived the church lot was mostly empty. Becky saw a warmly dressed couple on the wide porch of a classic looking small white church, greeting people as they entered.

"Bret, is that Pastor Smith and his wife?"

"Sure is. I can't wait to introduce you." All of a sudden Becky was nervous again.

He squeezed her hand where it rested on his thigh.

"You're beautiful. They'll love you."

Sarah Smith watched Bret's truck drive into the lot beside the church. She was eagerly waiting to meet Becky. Bret had shown her pictures and had talked about her, and it was obvious he was in love, but Sarah wanted to see for herself.

Abigail had been her closest friend. They had met not long after she had moved to Three Stars Ranch when Abigail had joined the church. Abigail was very quiet and pretty much kept to herself, but slowly Sarah had become her friend and had convinced her to become more involved with church activities. She also tried in a quiet way to become a match maker, but Abigail resisted.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.