The Doctor, the Ex-con - Cover

The Doctor, the Ex-con

Copyright© 2008 by thecelt

Chapter 4: Nancy

Drama Sex Story: Chapter 4: Nancy - This is a story about two people who are married and make mistakes. Hers is most common; she cheats on her husband. His is more severe: he takes action and changes their lives forever.

Caution: This Drama Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Cheating  

I had just finished washing one of the dogs, getting him ready for neutering when Ruben called. It was a cute little Poodle, a miniature white almost ten months old. He was happy now, not knowing what was coming. Actually, it didn't hurt and they never knew anything was done. I pulled him out of the tub, wrapped him with a towel and put him down on the table where I would use the blow dryer to complete the job. His tongue was trying to reach my face as I rubbed him with the soft towel.

I flipped open my cell and held it to my ear while I completed the job on the poodle. He was quiet and almost asleep, enjoying the attention.

"Hi honey. Are you home?"

"Yeah, mom, I'm home. What do you want to do about dinner? Want me to start anything or do you want me to call for takeout?"

His voice always gave me a feeling of comfort just knowing he was safe and home where he belonged. He was getting older and would soon be going out more and more but until then, he was mine. I treasured him. He was my life now and had been for the past six years, ever since...

"That sounds good. Why don't you call for Italian since you like that so well. I'll stop on the way and pick it up. Sound good?"

"OK, mom. I'll get the pasta and the garlic bread you like so well. I'm having the meatball sandwich. I'll see you when you get here."

"OK, honey. Bye." I dropped the phone into my hand and put it back in my pocket while I finished brushing out the poodle. He was a sweet dog and made no fuss when I put him back in the cage to wait for his operation.

I cleaned up around the table and the cages before clocking out. I was done at four thirty and the late shift would cover the actual operation. We did a few during the day but we primarily handled the examinations and the shots. I did X-rays, some teeth cleaning and a few shots, but more often assisted Dr. Jane, the veterinarian. She gave me this job and made sure I learned the ropes. She was a life saver for me at a time in my life when I was at my lowest. I never told her the whole story, just that my actions had caused my husband to divorce me and that was that. She didn't press me in any way and simply offered me an ear if I wanted one.

I changed out of my uniform and into my street clothes and then shut my locker. There were eight of us all together so we each had a locker and a mail slot of our own. I didn't bother to get a lock for the door and just trusted my co workers to leave my stuff alone. So far, nothing had been touched and I had no reason to believe it would be otherwise. I punched the time clock, waved goodbye to the two girls that had come on for second and left. I was talking to myself, going over the things I had to do on the way home when my cell phone rang. That was a surprise since no one but my son had the number.

The called ID was registering only that the call came from Columbus. No identification of the caller. I debated on answering, thinking it was probably a blind call from some salesman. I finally shrugged, flipped it open and answered.

"Hello? This is Nancy. How can I help you?" Just like in the office.

There was a moment of silence and I repeated my greeting. "Hello! Is anyone there?"

This time someone cleared their throat and then, "Nan, this is Carmine."

I stopped so quick I almost fell forward. My heart had started pounding, my face felt flushed and hot like I had been running, and I realized I hadn't let out the breath I was holding. I had to say something! Anything!

"Ca ... Carmine? Is this really you?" As if I didn't recognize his voice. I had heard it over and over the last six years. I could hear his voice on the phone telling me that there was an accident and he had to stay and help. I was angry because I wanted him to take me shopping. It was the last thing he said to me, and it made me angry. I wanted to go shopping! Shopping! God help me, that was what I was thinking at the time.

"It's really me. I had to call you to let you know that Ruben contacted me. Did you know he did that? Did he tell you?"

His voice was calm, without anger or condemnation. It was still his voice and it sounded like the old Carmine. There was no anger, no pain. Nothing out of the ordinary. But I didn't hear the love that I used to hear either. Why did I think there would be anything left after all this time?

"No, I didn't know. How did he contact you? And what did he want? And how did you know my cell number. I never gave it to anyone but Ruben. Did he tell you to call me?"

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.