Craig Hill - Cover

Craig Hill

Copyright© 2008 by Kaffir

Chapter 63

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 63 - Although starting in 1946 the bulk of the story takes place in 1960s England. It has a military background and tells of the joy and vicissitudes of a privileged couple's romance in England and Libya. A box of tissues would be a handy aid to the reader.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   First   Masturbation   Petting   Slow  

Victoria and Mark walked together to the Holdsworth's quarter at five to ten the next morning. She had said to Anne that she should be out of their hair as they got ready. She could go and bother her mother instead. Anne had smiled gratefully.

Victoria was almost overwhelmed by how handsome Mark looked in his Number 1 Dress: the navy-blue tunic and trousers with the red stripe down the side, the gold 'dingle-dangle' on his right shoulder, his sword in its silver scabbard. Furthermore it all fitted him like a glove and showed off his wide shoulders, slim waist and long legs.

Mark was very taken with her too. The Indian Summer persisted and she wore a sky blue and white floral dress to just below her knees. There was no hint of cleavage and the arms were long-sleeved but there was no doubt that it encased a girl with a lovely figure. She wore a wide-brimmed hat with the front turned up so that one could see her face. The hat itself was white with a blue band round it matching the blue of her dress. She also wore her Green Howards brooch. She looked heavenly and Mark was desperately proud of her.

Peter Wickens, the Adjutant, briefed the general and gave him the timings that were down to the last half minute. Mark noted them. Peter then went on to the detail of the parade.

"Pretty standard," observed Anthony. "You OK, Mark?"

"Yes, General. Have you got your notes for your speech?"

"Yes thank you, Mark. I've memorised them." He grinned. "I might even say something you haven't told me to say but if I suddenly dry up..."

"You won't, General, and I've got a duplicate copy in my pocket."

"Of course you have."

"Any other questions?" asked Peter.

Everyone shook their heads. "Right," he said. "I'd better go and get the parade ready for you all."

Everything went according to plan. Colonel Chris had taken over the parade and the battalion was standing at ease when the general's car arrived. General Anthony, with Mark two paces behind and to his right, moved to the saluting dais. The ladies were shown to their seats.

The battalion was drawn up in three ranks in open order (a pace and a half between files). B Company, Peter Instead's, had the honour of right of the line. Left of them was HQ Company including Reconnaissance Platoon, then the Colour Party followed by A and C Companies. The band was placed centrally in the rear. Colonel Chris called the battalion up to attention as the general stepped onto the dais and gave the order "General Salute. Present Arms!" Crack, crack, crash. The band played the General Salute.

General Anthony returned the salute and requested, "Shoulder Arms please, Colonel Holdsworth."

Colonel Chris approached and saluted. "First Battalion, The Green Howards ready for your inspection, Sir. There are twenty officers, four warrant officers, twenty-one senior NCOs and six hundred and thirty-eight rank and file on parade. Leave to stand Headquarter Company and A and C Companies at ease, Sir, please."

"Please."

Colonel Chris did so and General Anthony, preceded by two stick orderlies, joined him with Mark and the Adjutant following and the RSM coming in behind.

General Anthony did his inspection. He was conscious of how boring a long inspection could be but he wished to balance that by talking to some of the men. He picked one in five although he spoke to every corporal. He also, to Mark's amazement, picked out every member of the Guard of Honour.

They finally reached the rear left and the RSM stepped forward to be introduced. Colonel Chris never made it. General Anthony stepped forward his hand outstretched. "Mr Copthwaite, how are you?" He had to pause while the RSM saluted with a huge smile on his face.

"Very well, thank you, Sir, and all the better for seeing you again."

"Am I going to meet your lovely wife again? Sylvia?"

"You are, Sir. In about half an hour's time."

"Wonderful. We can't hang about now but I look forward to a long chat with you."

"Me too, Sir."

They did a quick inspection of the Colour Party and the band and then the general and Mark returned to the dais while Colonel Chris stood the battalion at ease. Mark passed General Anthony a microphone.

"Stand Easy," he ordered. "Generals are a privileged bunch. We have ADCs to provide us with scripts for speeches. My ADC, a certain Captain Bowers, who a number of you know." There was a murmur of laughter. "Has provided me with one and has a copy in his pocket. I'm not going to use it." Pause. "And will probably get stick later." There was a roar of laughter. He paused again to let it die away. "I was privileged to command a company in 6 Battalion on D-Day. A fellow company commander was Captain Bowers' father. We were also honoured to have in our battalion Company Sergeant Major Stan Hollis VC.

"I may be the most senior serving Green Howard but Stan Hollis is the greatest living Green Howard. His CO at the time would tell you he earned a second VC that was never awarded. Mr Hollis did not earn his VC for instant or foolhardy courage. He thought things through and then made a plan which was the only one that would work, even though his own life was the prime risk. His over-riding thought was the need to take the enemy position so that the rest of the battalion could continue its advance.

"At the moment we are at peace but in position and training for a possible war for the survival of the Western World. As a battalion in Germany you carry a frontline responsibility. You can't fulfil that responsibility, even with good training and weapons, unless you are confident in each other. Each man in his section. Each man in his platoon. Each platoon in the others. Each man, each section and platoon commander in his battalion and ultimately his CO. You need, like Mr Hollis, to be prepared to sacrifice your life for the sake of your fellows and your battalion as well as your country.

"One day, years later, I asked Mr Hollis what he had thought of our CO. His reply was. "Outstanding. The best I ever served under. I'd have followed him anywhere." Today you say goodbye to Colonel Holdsworth. I know he has done a good job and I get the impression that you do too." There was a rumble of agreement. "I think you'll find that Colonel Instead matches up, especially B Company." There was a cheer from B Company and laughter from the rest. "But I know he won't show any favouritism so bad luck B Company." There were mock groans.

"Before I return you to Colonel Holdsworth's command I wish to congratulate you on your turnout and drill. Both are exemplary. I can't tell you how proud I am to stand once again in front of the battalion I had the honour to command eleven years ago. I sympathise with Colonel Holdsworth. I certainly hated to let go of you. For Colonel Instead it is a proud and exciting day, not just for him but his family as well. Not just his immediate family either but for the Green Howards family. I know he will do his utmost for the battalion. I hope that you will give him the support he will undoubtedly deserve. I look forward to meeting a lot of you later. Good luck to you all."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.