Craig Hill - Cover

Craig Hill

Copyright© 2008 by Kaffir

Chapter 56

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 56 - Although starting in 1946 the bulk of the story takes place in 1960s England. It has a military background and tells of the joy and vicissitudes of a privileged couple's romance in England and Libya. A box of tissues would be a handy aid to the reader.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   First   Masturbation   Petting   Slow  

Mark got back to his flat. His one idea was to have a bath and clean off the metaphoric filth he felt. He had just stripped off his shirt when there was a knock at the door. Without thinking he went and opened it. There stood Frances. Mark went beetroot with embarrassment.

"I'm sorry, Mummy," he stammered. "I wasn't thinking."

Frances smiled at him. "Don't worry one bit," she said. "I've seen quite a few male chests in my life."

She moved towards him. Mark backed away.

"Please don't touch me," he said brokenly. "I'm filthy."

"What do you mean?"

"I feel dirtied by that awful Fitzmaurice and the obscene things he said. I was going to have a bath to see if I could clean myself."

Frances stopped in her tracks.

"All right, Mark dear. What are your plans for the rest of the day?"

"I've booked a ride at two and then I hope Victoria's going to come and have dinner with me."

"Right! Have your bath. Get into your riding kit and then come and have a cold lunch with me. I promise to let you go in time."

Mark looked into her eyes and saw nothing but warmth and understanding.

"Thank you, Mummy," he said. "That sounds lovely."

Frances gave him a warm smile and backed out of the doorway pulling it gently shut behind her.

"Poor darling," she thought. "He's got the brains, the moral fibre and the strength but then when something really unpleasant happens it upsets him terribly." She pondered on what Victoria had told her about Mark and the Richardsons. "I'll bet something positive comes out of it and it could well be something David says to him. I must talk to Elspeth."

Mark had his bath and did indeed feel better but still not his normal self. He walked through to the drawing room and found Frances waiting for him. She was sitting on the sofa and patted it to show she wanted him to sit next to her.

"A drink," she said. "G and T?"

"Do you know?" said Mark smiling. "That sounds a very good idea."

Sergeant Roberts who had materialised from nowhere dipped his head and was back in moments with two.

Frances raised her glass to Mark. "Here's to you, Mark dear, and thank you very, very much for what you've done for Victoria and also for Anthony and me."

"It was my duty. That's all," said Mark embarrassedly.

"No, darling. It was more than duty. You acted for Victoria and for us. You're only required to look after Anthony."

"If it hadn't been for me making a nonsense in the first place it would never have happened," said Mark.

"Forget that, you silly boy. In some ways it was a very useful lesson for Victoria, although with the two of you engaged it's never likely to happen again, but Serena may have learnt from it too."

Mark stared at her. "Heaven forbid she should have to go through anything like that," he said.

"I doubt she will now," said Frances softly and she saw a weight lift from him. "You love her almost as much as you love Victoria, don't you?"

Mark nodded.

"I think that's wonderful because among other things you will understand the love and empathy between Victoria and Rupert."

"I already do and am grateful for it."

"Her dream?"

Mark nodded.

Sergeant Roberts appeared. "Lunch is ready when you are, Ma'am," he said.

"She smiled at him. "Coming right now," she said and swallowed the rest of her drink. Mark copied her and they both went into the dining room.

"Oh!" whispered Frances to him. "How I wish I could just sit down at the kitchen table and just have a snack. Corporal Stevens's idea of a snack is a banquet as far as I'm concerned. At this rate I'm going to get fat."

"Come riding with me this afternoon and again with the two of us," said Mark.

Frances smiled fondly at him. "I'd love to but this afternoon's a write off. I've got a SSAFA (Soldiers Sailors and Air Force Association) meeting at three."

She had achieved what she wanted. Mark was relaxed again. They chatted away over lunch in their usual easy way. Afterwards Mark thanked her and said he must vanish or he would be late.

"Thank you, Mummy," he said giving her a hug and a kiss. "You've really cheered me up."

"Good," she said giving him a squeeze.

Mark drove over to the Saddle Club, signed in and then went over to the tack-room where he was hit by a small blonde tornado who wound her arms round his neck, her legs round his waist and her lips round his.

Neither said a word. They just clung drawing strength and reassurance from each other. Mark was suddenly wracked with silent sobs. The emotional damn had burst. Victoria tightened her hold. Eventually the moment passed. Victoria relaxed in his arms which caused him to loosen his hold on her. She kissed him softly.

"Come on, darling. Grab your tack."

Mark reluctantly released her and they both went and did so. They saddled up and rode out in silence.

They must have ridden a full mile before Victoria put a hand on Mark's thigh.

"Thank you, darling," she said softly. "You've taken a weight off my shoulders."

Mark turned his head sharply. "Were you worried?" he asked.

Victoria nodded. "Frightened that I'd bump into him or that he would seek me out."

"Oh, my sweet!" Mark's voice was tender and concerned.

Victoria gave him one of her smiles but this was enhanced by love. "My champion saw him off though."

"Huh!" exclaimed Mark. "It was your champion (He said the word in disgust) who landed you with the problem in the first place."

"Nonsense. It was my impatience and getting my priorities wrong. I knew how I felt about you and I was pretty sure you were getting keen on me. The fact that you didn't ask me to the ball shouldn't have made any difference. I acted cheaply because I didn't want to miss a good party. I should have known you'd remember in the end."

"Darling, don't blame yourself. Please. I should have interpreted your visits to me. Instead I wondered why you'd gone off me."

"I never did that."

"No, darling. I realise that now. It took Serena to explain how stupid I'd been."

"Well, now we know where we stand. We know we love each other and we've agreed the importance of discussing problems with each other so we shouldn't have any more sillinesses. Anyway, the whole thing has made me very proud of you in the end."

"Why for Heaven's sake?"

"Well, once the mistake had been made you did everything to make it come out all right. You made the right decision on Charles Fitzmaurice's character and took steps to foil him, you spared my feelings by bringing Serena to the ball, you acted quickly and effectively when things went wrong, you looked after me so tenderly and understandingly and finally you got rid of the bloody man quietly and relatively painlessly. That's why I'm proud of you and that's why I love you more than ever if that's possible. Stop."

Mark did so and she leant across and gave him another soft kiss but Mark could feel the emotion behind it.

"The other thing is, despite your having to do it, you hated what you did today. Thank you, darling. You are my champion. Anyway, enough of all this. Race you to the next clump and this time I'll give you a start."

Mark obediently galloped off towards the clump half a mile away. Victoria gave him about two hundred yards and then gave chase on Patch. It was not a contest. She had caught him after seven hundred yards and just raced ahead.

"Oh, I love this horse so much," she exclaimed.

Mark was thrilled but was careful to show nothing.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.