Craig Hill - Cover

Craig Hill

Copyright© 2008 by Kaffir

Chapter 6

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 6 - Although starting in 1946 the bulk of the story takes place in 1960s England. It has a military background and tells of the joy and vicissitudes of a privileged couple's romance in England and Libya. A box of tissues would be a handy aid to the reader.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   First   Masturbation   Petting   Slow  

October brought the Confidential Report season and Mark was duly summoned to the CO's office to read his and, if he dared, comment on it before signing it. In fact, he was thrilled with it, particularly the grading of Very Good, two below Outstanding at the top but above Above Average, which he was later to learn that 60% of officers at that time got. Needless to say there was subsequently a revision of the grading system.

Nevertheless, as the Adjutant told him afterwards, very few National Servicemen achieved that grading in their first Confidential Report let alone subsequent ones. Mark had done very well, he added.

However, after Mark had signed his report the CO asked him to sit down.

"Mark," he said, "you have made a very good start in the regiment and you fit in very well."

"Thank you, Sir," said Mark.

"Have you ever considered making the Army your career? I think you'd go a long way."

"I have, Sir, because I'm having the time of my life but, I'm afraid, it's not on."

"Why not?"

"Because, Sir, at some stage, years away, I hope, I shall have to take over Craig Hill from my father."

"I quite understand that but it might not be for another twenty years."

"Yes, Sir, but on the other hand I've got to learn about it which means a year at an agricultural college and then work experience. I can't leave that until the last moment so I've got to do it in the next few years. I can always find a stopgap job after that until my father is ready to hand over the reins. I don't think the Army would cater for that somehow."

"No, Mark, it wouldn't," smiled Colonel Holdsworth. "What about a Short Service Commission of six years including what you've done so far?"

"I hadn't thought of that," said Mark slowly, "but that might be rather fun. I'd have to talk it over with my family though. When do I have to make a decision?"

"No rush but the sooner the better financially. Have a word with the Adjutant on your way out and he'll give you the details of what it involves. Then, when you've made up your mind, let him know and we'll have another chat."

"Thank you, Sir," said Mark getting to his feet.

"You're a natural soldier, Mark, and we've grown fond of you. I hope you decide in our favour."

Mark saluted and left. The Adjutant gave him a bundle of papers.

"What's your reaction, Mark?" he asked.

"Flattered," said Mark with a grin, "and intrigued, but I'm going to have to discuss this with my family. What are my chances of leave over Christmas or are you going to nobble me for Orderly Officer as a bachelor?"

"Well," he said, "my first choice is always you National Savages but on the other hand I am open to bribery and corruption. On the other hand, if you decide not to take up the Colonel's kind offer I might feel it necessary to confine you to barracks for the rest of next year."

Mark grinned delightedly. "You're a cruel taskmaster," he said, "but thank you."

"Get out, you cheeky bugger," retorted the Adjutant with an equally wide smile.

Mark crashed his feet and threw up a salute worthy of a guardsman and marched out with a happy smile on his face.

Mark had a whole fortnight's leave over Christmas. He took his car with him on the ferry and wondered how he would find driving a left-hand drive car on the left of the road. He did not find it difficult although, turning out onto a major road he had to think hard to avoid going over to the right. He also got frustrated at not being able to see round big trucks that he wanted to overtake.

It was wonderful to see his family again after nine months. His parents, of course, were the same as ever but the change in Serena was marked. She was sixteen now and Mark realised that she had grown into a lovely young woman. They talked to each other a lot over the holiday as well and Mark was impressed with how mature she was. At the same time she retained her giggle and her zest for fun.

Both his uncles' families arrived on Christmas Eve and stayed until New Year's Day so the house was full of noise and laughter. All his cousins with the exception of Jessica, his father's brother's daughter, were considerably younger than Mark. Jessica though was Serena's age and pretty. She was clearly very taken with her tall grown-up cousin and flirted with him throughout their stay. He danced a lot with her on New Year's Eve and, unlike Deirdre, she clearly enjoyed his hands stroking her bottom.

Mark was able to discuss his Short Service Commission with his immediate family and all three considered it a good idea. David was secretly thrilled and very proud of his son but other than a gruff "Well done!" and a pat on the shoulder said nothing more to Mark. He voiced his pride a lot more to Elspeth.

Mark returned to his battalion and signed on. It made little difference to his life. He continued to work hard and play hard. His platoon admired him enormously and his soldiers suddenly became much more keen on rugby and cricket. His company commander continued to keep the pressure on him but was not entirely able to contain his glee at having who he considered to be the best subaltern in the battalion under his command. The following October Mark was graded Very Good in his second Annual Confidential Report.

The following April Mark was again summoned to the CO's office. When he asked the Adjutant what it was about the latter looked very grim and said he would soon find out. Mark wracked his brains to remember some heinous crime and when he was shown in to the CO he was almost trembling. The CO was pretty po-faced too and invited Mark to sit down.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.