Joerg Isebrand - Cover

Joerg Isebrand

©Argon, 2008

Chapter 29: How the Servant Ludger Kills a Swine

Historical Sex Story: Chapter 29: How the Servant Ludger Kills a Swine - In the year 1500, a boy, Joerg Isebrand, is born into a peasant family in Northern Germany. Banished from the land of his birth at age sixteen, young Joerg soon finds himself a landsknecht, a soldier for hire. The story follows the next fourteen years of his life, as he rallies his siblings and fights in the wars of the 16th century. He dallies with many women and girls, but it is an unlikely bride who finally wins his heart.

Caution: This Historical Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Historical   First   Oral Sex   Violence  

Epstein Castle was looming ahead of them, and Joerg stood in his stirrups to look around. The fortifications looked strong, but he could see the traces of neglect. The roofs, slate covered, showed slovenly repaired damage, and the woodwork was in dire need of paint, or at least linseed oil impregnation. With the reparation and tribute Rugenberg had to pay, he would be short of funds.

At the foot of the castle hill, the tents of Nassau's army could be seen, and that was where Joerg headed now, with his men. Arnulf had sent him out, after a week in the Erlenburg, to help the Count of Nassau finish the siege of Epstein Castle.

Already, castle and town had been under siege for seven weeks, as Joerg knew. Knowing his brother in law to be a thorough commander, he had no doubt that the siege was effective. Nassau's companies had not suffered in last spring's standoff around Meiningen where they had proven to be well disciplined. Joerg was glad to have them on his side, this time.

A group of riders left Nassau's camp and headed out for them. Joerg recognised Katherine's tall figure right away. On her left side, August, Count of Nassau was making a fine figure on his charger. They came to a halt right in front of Joerg. They all dismounted, and the Count hugged Joerg with obvious pleasure.

"Katherine told me of your miraculous deliverance. I am looking forward to meet your fair wife who worked that wonder."

"I had to leave her behind in the Erlenburg. Unlike my sisters, she is not used to field camps," Joerg laughed.

"More's the pity," Count August commented. "Now that you are here, we can finish this unpleasant business."

"I heard your hunch was right, about Rugenberg?"

Count August nodded, with a self-satisfied smile.

"Indeed. He was rallying his men already, four hundred of them. Not enough to challenge my men in open battle, though. They retreated into his fine castle, and since we captured most of their horses, I have no idea what they are eating right now. The harvest has not been brought in yet, and they must rely on stored food from last year."

Joerg smiled grimly.

"Hunger works nicely. Are there deserters already?"

"Every night. Between four and six of them. We strip them of their arms, give them a silver mark each and send them on their way. A few even asked to serve in my lines. Rugenberg is not well-liked by his foot soldiers, ever since he sacrificed them on the field of Ehrenberg, to bait the trap for Arnulf's brother."

"Can we take his lands outright?"

Count August shook his head dubiously.

"Usually not. He's a follower of the Roman Church, to boot. The Emperor will not accept it. Rugenberg's without body heir, though, and his next of kin took service with the French king. If Rugenberg falls, we take the lands in trust and start the negotiations. I count on the support from the Elector of Brandenburg. He pledged his favour in return for having his niece back."

Joerg nodded. He had expected August to release Barbara of Meiningen. Nele would be disappointed, but there would be an outcry if a noblewoman, a widow and the niece of an Elector, was kept prisoner.

"It is better, especially if we gain support from Brandenburg this way. Do you think Rugenberg may accept a challenge from me? That would end it, right away."

Count August shook his head dubiously.

"He would be foolish to do so. You are no nobleman in your own right, Brother Joerg, and he needs not hear your challenge, unless..."

"Unless?"

August smiled.

"Unless we can make your challenge known to his soldiers. With the fickle hold he has on most of his men, he cannot appear as a coward to them."

Joerg nodded.

"I shall word the challenge and send a herald, to announce it openly. Mayhap, we can end this without shedding honest soldiers' blood."


Hugo of Rugenberg woke from heavy sleep, groaning with pain. The wine he had quaffed the evening before was from his last cask, one that had partially turned sour already.

Damn! No wine and no food! All because that old, lovesick fool Nassau had taken that peasant bitch for a wife and felt aggrieved at her brother's capture and abduction. It had seemed such a fine plan at retribution. That redheaded oaf had humiliated him in front of his men, had taken the victory from his hands.

Now, he was back! By what miracle he had escaped those stout burghers, was beyond Rugenberg's comprehension. If only he had a second chance at the man, he would settle the feud in person!

Rugenberg dragged himself out of his bed. The manservant Ludger jumped up from a stool where he had nodded off.

"About time you woke, worthless churl!" Rugenberg snarled at the man. "Send me your daughter; I have no need for you."

"But, your grace," the man pleaded.

"Send me your daughter, dog! Out of my eyes, now, blast you!"

In impotent rage, the elderly man left the chambers and went upstairs. His poor child! He was not sure how many more encounters with the Baron she could survive. The cruelties became worse with each passing week, it seemed.

"Liese, my child, wake! The master sends me for you," he said dejectedly when he shook her sleeping form.

His daughter's fearful look felt like a dagger in his heart.

"Not again, father, please!" she implored him. "I'm still bleeding."

Desperation washed over Ludger. He only needed Liese to survive a few more weeks. When Nassau and Erlenburg's men would take the castle, Liese would be saved. Oh, Ludger had no illusion over what awaited her in the first, terrible hours after the castle would be taken. But no soldiery in the world would be as base and cruel as his master. They would rape her, but what could they do to her that had not been done at the hands of his master?

He himself would be killed, in all likelihood. It did not matter. The shame he felt, the impotence in the face of his only child's suffering, had soured life for him; he would gladly die. From there, it was only a short way to the next thought. Suddenly, he smiled grimly; his mind was made up in the flicker of an eye.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.