Joerg Isebrand - Cover

Joerg Isebrand

©Argon, 2008

Chapter 10: Nele Isebrand Kills a Man and Thorben Finds a Wife

Historical Sex Story: Chapter 10: Nele Isebrand Kills a Man and Thorben Finds a Wife - In the year 1500, a boy, Joerg Isebrand, is born into a peasant family in Northern Germany. Banished from the land of his birth at age sixteen, young Joerg soon finds himself a landsknecht, a soldier for hire. The story follows the next fourteen years of his life, as he rallies his siblings and fights in the wars of the 16th century. He dallies with many women and girls, but it is an unlikely bride who finally wins his heart.

Caution: This Historical Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Historical   First   Oral Sex   Violence  

They reached Lueneburg after ten days. It became obvious that the wagon was slowing them down, and they found a buyer for the wagon and the heavy horses. With the money, they purchased mounts for the women, and three pack horses. Using some of Joerg's silver, they also bought better weapons for the men and women. Katherine in particular yearned for a crossbow, and Joerg bought a well-crafted one for his older sister.

Nele wanted a lighter sword. The two-handed longswords were just too heavy for her. Joerg had noticed already that his youngest sister was ambidextrous: she could handle a sword equally well in either her right or left hand. He convinced her to take two identical short swords, telling her of Lichtenauer's teachings on the subject. The scabbards were fastened on crossbelts, behind her back.

Both Bjoern and Thorben opted for "bastard" swords, with three foot blades and grips that supported both one-handed and two-handed use. Only Gudrun shied away from weapons. Her calling was cooking and the world of herbs. Joerg made sure to let her buy what she needed for the journey.

All of them purchased pants made of supple leather, with boots and vests of the same material. They had hauberks of chain mail to wear over the leather vests, and helmets with nose guards to protect their heads. From afar, Katherine and Nele looked like any soldier, and when they continued on their travel southward, they were not bothered.

Two weeks later, they reached Merseburg, and Joerg reported back to Count Reinhardt. The Count expressed his sympathy to Joerg for the loss of his parents and agreed to accept Bjoern and Thorben in the bodyguard. He also allowed Katherine, Nele and Gudrun to share Joerg's quarters in the castle, even allowing him two small extra bedchambers.

Joerg showed his siblings to his allotted rooms, and they settled in. The armourer Ludewig agreed to test Bjoern and Thorben on the next morning, and within a week, the two brothers were sharing the hated night shift at the door to his Grace's bedchamber.

This put his elder brothers under Joerg's command, a situation he had not foreseen and which made him feel awkward. Sensing her brother's discomfiture, Katherine brought up the subject at supper and made each brother speak his mind. Surprisingly, Bjoern declared that it was only right for Joerg to be in command of all matters related to their soldierly duties. In turn, Joerg made clear that he saw Bjoern as the head of their family. On this, they all agreed readily.

The next problem arose when both Katherine and Nele wished to continue their weapons training. This was unheard of among the soldiers in the castle, and many a nasty comment was shouted whenever Katherine and Nele showed up for practice.

The practised eye of the armourer, however, was not deceived by whatever prejudice he might hold. He discovered Katherine's potential with the crossbow and willingly taught her the finer points of archery. She was a natural, with an instinctive feel for the weapon and for cross winds, and soon, she out-shot whoever she was paired up against. She also took to warcraft like a duck to water, her tall sinewy body sustaining her through all the exercises Ludewig dreamt up. Soon, she was regarded by most as one of the guards.

Old Ludewig also noticed Nele's lightning reflexes. Borrowing from the teachings of Lichtenauer, which he had studied together with Joerg, he taught her to fight with two swords. Nele had to work on her strength and stamina; she was only seventeen, after all. However, she pursued her goal with the same single-minded tenacity that was a hallmark of all the Isebrands.

Of course, Count Reinhardt was aware of the two young women among his guard soldiers. He did not mind, however. Their presence made most of his guardsmen try harder in practice, be it only to avoid being shamed in front of two pretty women. His Grace even allowed them to accompany his entourage during the hunts, charging them with the safety of his current maitresse, Anna of Bernau.

Anna was a pretty woman from an impoverished noble family, and she had easily won Count Reinhardt's favour with her fresh beauty and her vivacious personality. She knew full well that he would not marry her - she had no dowry to offer, after all. Nevertheless, she was, for the time being, a fixture at the Count's court and a force to be reckoned with.

At first, she was amused to have two women for bodyguards. After a while, though, she thought it nice to have female companions and she took it upon herself, to teach the two peasant girls proper behaviour and language. As with their weapons training, Katherine and Nele accepted the tutoring with open gratitude and that endeared them to the Lady Anna.

Their chance to return the kindness came soon. One late autumn day, they had been left behind by Count Reinhardt for reasons of safety while the men were tracking a wounded boar, a dangerous enterprise. They had dismounted, stomping some life into their cold limbs. Suddenly, Nele cried out a warning. From the edge of the clearing, the wounded boar bolted into the open. Seeing the humans, the enraged, wounded animal charged immediately. While Nele whipped out both swords, Katherine hurriedly readied her crossbow. The boar was only thirty feet away when Katherine let her bolt fly.

Her aim was true, and the bolt hit the left eye of the charging animal, penetrating the brain. The boar stumbled to a halt, but it was still standing. Not for long, however. Taking her chance, Nele dashed forward and skewered the boar's back with one sword, jumping back at once and holding her second sword in readiness. For two or three heartbeats, the animal tottered back and forth before it collapsed.

When the hunting party broke into the clearing, his Grace saw that two women had deprived him of the prize of the hunt. He was nothing but relieved though to see the lady of his heart unharmed, though decidedly frightened. Quickly, the hunt master cut open the belly of the beast and offered the fresh liver to the startled Isebrand women. Reluctantly, they each took a bite. The men laughed at their faces, but there was admiration intermingled with the laughs. To take on a wounded boar without proper hunting weapons was more than most men would have dared.

From this day on, there were no taunts against the two young women, at least not openly. Acknowledging her mastery of the crossbow, the Count even charged Katherine with teaching the young men of the militia. Her size and personality discouraged the youngsters from mocking her. If she wanted, Katherine could be intimidating. She was taller than most men, at a full six feet height, and by no means skinny.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.