John and Argent
Chapter 80

Copyright© 2008 by cmsix

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 80 - John is going to die in the here and now. Argent offers him a new life back there and then. John takes the bait and is sent to a copy of earth, forty thousand years in the past.

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Science Fiction   Time Travel   Far Past  

We headed out and it was like a normal ride to no place in particular. When we arrived at the open area of the canyon I looked around and saw a good rise to shoot from. It would leave me about six hundred and fifty yards from the lions.

I got the 50 out and loaded it. No one asked me anything about it, but I knew they were amazed by its much larger size and different look. I put its bipod down and settled into the prone position, looking through the scope and finding the targets.

Taking up my binoculars I scanned the area around the lions more closely. I found seven adult lions, one very large male and six females. There were also four cubs.

When I started firing I noticed another benefit of the large suppressor. It disguised the direction the blast was coming from. Combined with the echoes off the canyon walls the big cats were completely confused.

They didn't seem to pay particular attention when the lead male dropped from the first shot. They all perked up when the sound reached them though and they seemed to look away from me as if the sound had come from another direction. They looked toward the canyon wall when the first echo reached them.

They were all nervous and pacing now, but they didn't really scatter. I picked them off as if it were target practice. When it came to the young ones I felt bad about it, a little at least. There wasn't an option though. If the small ones lived they would end up being large ones soon and as far as I knew cave lions hadn't become extinct from hunting pressure anyway.

I snuffed the four cubs, probably about eight months old, just as I had the others. When they were all down we waited where we were. I wanted to be sure I hadn't overlooked one. No others appeared.

I packed up the 50 and put it in the wagon and then mounted Red, taking the M1 from its saddle scabbard. Raalto mounted Bob and Bigglieo took over the wagon while Racaato rode standing, M1 in hand, in the back.

We advanced on the lions slowly, but reached them without incident. The others made short work of loading the seven adult lions and four cubs while Raalto and I watched.

Just as the last carcass was loaded into the wagon Racaato pointed to the west and I looked in the direction. There, seemingly just watching, was Smilodon. In fact I got the feeling he was merely watching and he seemed to notice all of us now looking his way. He turned and trotted off.

I sent Bigglieo and the others back and Raalto and I made a sweep over the new hay meadow. It was probably eight to nine hundred acres, not counting the small patches of woods or the wooded areas near the river's banks. There would be more than enough hay here.

We headed back about an hour behind Bigglieo and the others. Danlo and Jonoco were by the entrance to my cave when we got back and they took Red and Bob for a rubdown and to turn them loose.

All the lions had been skinned already, even the cubs. Most of my mates were working on the hides, but I noticed Dieta, Maia, and Geera were busily removing every tooth and claw from the lion's remains.

Barbo was nowhere to be seen, but Jara was standing around and when she saw me her eyes went wide and brightened.

"I know now you are the greatest hunter ever," she said.

"Maybe I'm the best killer, but Raalto found the lions," I said.

"It is a lot easier to find cave lions than it is to kill them," Raalto said.

"I guess my fool of a mate will know now he is the fool indeed," Jara said.

"I don't think he is a fool, he is just rude. I'm sure most who heard for the first time I was setting out to kill the lions thought what he did. He just couldn't control his mouth," I said.

"I hope you are right, but I'm afraid he is a fool. After you and Raalto left he told me to make ready to leave and said we were going today. I told him if he left today, intending to travel at night, he would be leaving without me.

"I am not about to leave walking in the middle of the day, knowing the sun will set long before we get home, especially since I need only wait until tomorrow to ride home," Jara said, making perfect sense to me.

"He is probably just angry. Maybe he will settle down soon," I said.

"He will settle down or he will be angry by himself. I am mated to Barbo, but nothing says I must stay mated to him forever. He may even beat me for it, but he cannot keep me against my will always," Jara said.

"I do not allow the beating of women in my camp. If you do not want to leave with him all you need do is walk into my cave and stay. No one will remove you from it by force," I told her.

"I am probably just angry myself. It is good to know of your rules, but Barbo and I will be more calm after a while," Jara said - she did walk back into my cave though.

Raalto and I went inside also and continued to the practice cave where I stored the 50 in my locker.

"Is that a rifle too?" Raalto asked.

"Yes. It is made to use against larger animals and also to use at a greater distance. I did not want to get any closer to the lions than I had to.

"Barbo was right in a way, and if he had known about the rifles he might have saved himself some embarrassment.

"If he had held his tongue for a moment longer I was going to invite him and all the men who were at the table to come with us. I am actually glad he spoke up. It would have been a mistake to let him see the rifles."

"I think it would have been a mistake also. I have known Barbo longer than you have and I would not consider telling him anything very important," Raalto said.

"Why?"

"I don't know exactly why I feel so. I just do not trust Barbo. Until my trip here I had always felt it was because of Jara. Now I see it is probably Barbo who has caused us to keep our distance," he said.

"Anyway, I am now well on my way to having furnished a lion skin for each of my mates. I will still need to get at least three more, but there is no rush."

Raalto asked me about it and I explained what had come about after my first hunt. He told me for anyone else killing ten lions would be the work of a lifetime.

"Soon you will not worry if you confront a cave lion. It is best to always be careful, especially with big cats, but with a rifle you will have confidence you can protect yourself."

We returned to my cave and saw Dalia and Shelalliea starting on the cooking. It was a sight which always warmed my heart. Somehow it reminded me of the talk I needed to have with Daaggo.

"Do you think I could talk to Daaggo now?" I asked Raalto.

"I will find him and ask him to come to you," he said, and left.

I got a mug of coffee and sat at the table. Daaggo came in probably twenty minutes later. I asked him to sit with me and offered him some coffee. He accepted and I was going to get up for it when I saw Shelalliea pick up a mug and pour coffee in it.

She brought it to Daaggo and I noticed, unlike me, Daaggo concentrated on looking at Shelalliea's face as she approached. He thanked her for the coffee and she went back to cooking.

"Raalto has told me some things about you Daaggo and I thought I should let you know I understand your feelings and approve of them."

He was clearly surprised. I'd made sure he wasn't drinking when I said it, because I didn't want him choking on the hot coffee. It was probably a good thing. He did seem to sit there and just gulp for a second.

"I do not know what to say. Do you mean my strangeness doesn't offend you?" Daaggo asked.

"I mean I do not consider it a strangeness. I see nothing wrong with it. I'm sure you did not choose to have those feelings, they are no doubt natural to you," I said.

"I didn't choose it. I have tried hard to desire women, but I just don't. I have resigned myself to the fact I will never be mated and will always live alone," Daaggo said.

"Do you know of no other men who have the same feelings?"

"There are no others in our camp. I know of two others who live together in a distant camp. Those two are the only ones I know of," he said.

"Would you be offended if I asked Georgo whether he knew of other men with the same feelings?"

"I would not be offended, but why would you want to?" he asked.

"I am not trying to force another on you Daaggo, but if there are others perhaps you would like to meet them at least. I don't demand you take one for a mate, but if you do find someone you could care for wouldn't it be better for you?"

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.