Catch 22 Wife - Cover

Catch 22 Wife

Copyright© 2008 by Allan Joyal

Chapter 6

The dancing and the short but stressful conversations on the couch had drained me and I fell to sleep quickly despite the uncomfortable couch. The lack of a comfortable mattress meant that I had an uneasy sleep, and when one of the ladies decided to sneak out of the bedroom later, her attempt to be quiet brought me back to wakefulness, although I turned my body so that my face was buried in a pillow, trying to appear asleep.

The lady came out to stand just near the couch, and for a moment I considered turning, but as I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder decided to wait. The ruse must have worked, because a moment later I heard Debra begin to speak.

"Roger, I know that what Kimber and I pulled on you was terribly unfair. And while I told you no lies I just can't tell you the truth yet. I told you about Brittany, but left out just how much I loved some of what she introduced me to. I love sex, especially when I care for my partner. I know you believe I don't love you, and in the classical definition I don't, but you make my heart race the way no other man ever has, and you have accepted me for who I am. I don't want to wait, but you are right, I respect you and love you because you have the honor to wait. Just don't make me wait too long."

I could feel tears falling on my shoulder and had to fight the urge to roll over and take Debra in my arms. At least in my heart I was no longer lying to myself. Waiting for the official divorce was something I had to do, but Debra would be in my arms after that if she still wanted.

Debra touched me one last time before I heard her quietly walk away. My mind was turning over the newest revelations as I fell back into a troubled sleep. It might have been only a moment or an hour when I could once again hear that someone was trying to quietly walk through the house. The steps were a bit different and I guessed that it was Kimber coming out to look down at me.

She did not touch me, but must have knelt down because I could hear her voice right in my ear. "Roger, I know you don't want to admit the truth. I do love you. We both can claim otherwise, but you were the only man who supported me after Bill played me for a fool. You treated me as a woman who needed support and love, and I lost my heart to you then. I know you think I'm too young, but I have had more men than just Bill and none have lit my fire the way you do, just by being near me. I was wet all night tonight, and really wanted your cock in me. But I'll wait. You are right; you need to be divorced first, for your own self-respect. But I was not lying about sharing you. Debra loves you already, and I could not deny her your love."

Kimber retreated and once I as sure she had returned to the bedroom I rolled over. I was having a hard time clearing the tears, which seemed to have appeared in my eyes. I fought against my feelings for a while and finally gave up; standing up and doing my best to walk quietly back to the bedroom.

I found Kimber and Debra in each other's arms. Debra was naked, and Kimber only had her garter belt and stockings remaining from the outfit she had worn at the party. The scene was undeniably erotic, but both ladies appeared to be asleep and it was my turn for a confession.

"Ladies," I whispered. "How can I say this? I cannot choose one of you because I respect and honor both of you too much to turn one of you down, and I thought that the only way was to refuse both of you. And yet, both of you made it clear that you'll take even half my love, sharing with the other. It's not right. You are giving up so much of your future for a broken down man with a failed marriage. And I won't take away from your lives right now. Debra, I know that lawyers can be severely penalized if they become lovers of their clients; Kimber, you have school to finish. That must come first. As does my divorce. After that ... Well, after that, if you both still want me, I'll put rings on your fingers and we can find a minister to join us."

Suddenly, both ladies sat up in bed. "We get the rings next weekend," Kimber said with a smile.

"And we won't wait months for the rest, either," Debra said as they grabbed my arms and pulled me onto the bed, snuggling up to me and holding me down until sleep came.

If I had any hope that the party and its immediate aftermath had been a dream, or the product of too much alcohol they were quickly dashed the next morning. Kimber and Debra immediately set out to show me that they were sincere, finding any opportunity to caress or kiss me over breakfast. They limited their flirting some, but both made it abundantly clear that they wanted me to be far more than a friend, and that they expected to be wearing rings within a week.

Their flirting kept me off balance and I finally rushed out to my car, to run home, chased away by their laughter.

My arrival home was greeted with much enthusiasm from Morgana and Lance who insisted on hurrying me up to their rooms to show the completed paint jobs. Both children insisted that we absolutely had to go out and purchase beds for them. It was a concerted and well-planned assault that only ended when Maria suggested that they take advantage of the decent weather to jump in the pool.

As they changed Maria brought me out to the patio where we had a good view of the pool and looked me in the eyes. "So Debra made her play. What did you tell her?"

"What?" I replied, surprised by the question.

Maria laughed. "Debra wants you bad," she said. "And she and I both know that once Toby returns, it's over between us. Besides, you are a good man, just a few minutes spent with your children shows that to anyone with a brain."

"But." I stuttered.

"But what? That you are her client?" Maria laughed. "You know how many male divorce lawyers end up taking their clients to bed. And I'm sure you won't allow it to be a one night stand." I guess I frowned a bit because Maria grabbed me. "Look stupid, Debra needs a man like you. She's been hurt enough, first by her parents, then by her lovers since then. Except for Brittany none cared about her at all."

"Why isn't she still with Brittany then?" I asked.

Maria sighed. "Brittany died in an auto accident a month before Debra graduated. She was returning from a party that Debra had begged out of to study and the guy driving her home drunkenly crashed into a bridge. Debra still cries herself to sleep every year on the day it happened."

I found myself looking into Maria's eyes. "How can you know all this?" I asked.

"I've been Debra's receptionist for four years now," Maria replied with a smile. "And we have been more than just employer and worker as you know." I could see the faint blush touch Maria's cheeks as she said this.

I had to laugh just as the kids tumbled out of the house and dove into the pool. Maria stuck around for a while, telling me about the night with the children and making it clear that anytime she wasn't at work, she would be happy to come over and watch the children. "They are a complete breath of fresh air. Even if Morgana is entirely too crafty."

"She is quite the enchantress," I had to say with a laugh as Maria headed out.

The beds ended up having to wait for a later day as the kids played in the pool until late. The next day found them off at school as I completed a few business calls. I had just about finished all my introductory calls, but had received a couple calls from companies I did not recognize and wanted to see if I could expand my client base. The final stop for the day was to TH Builders. I had been warmly received by the receptionist and led into a plain but functional conference room to wait. As I reviewed some basic ideas I had for how to market a construction firm, the door opened and Kimber's father walked in.

I started to stand, but the man waved me back into my chair. "Don't stand yet. I'm sure this is a bit of a shock."

"More than a bit," I replied looking over Theodore Howell. He was a big, graying man and his reputation for liking to get involved in the physical aspects of his work frightened me a little.

"I'm not surprised you didn't recognize the name though. My wife and I felt that I would be better off separating myself from the old firm, and striking out on my own. Started up TH Builders in June of last year and we are doing fairly well," he grumbled.

"And now you want to expand, and think my marketing skills can help?" I asked.

To my surprise Theodore started laughing. "Good lord no. Kayla already complains that I'm not home enough. And this is a word of mouth operation. We end up doing all the upgrades and remodels for the rich and powerful in the state now. I think it lets them look down on Kayla and I and our new wealth."

I was a bit confused. "Then why am I here? I'm just a simple marketing man."

Theodore looked right at me for a moment. "No man who could win Kimber's heart is simple." I started to wave my hands in negation, but the man just smiled at me. "She does, you know. Won't admit it to anyone, but after what happened with Bill, you saved her."

"What?" I found myself retorting. 'All I did was be her friend."

Theodore nodded sadly. "Yes, but it was something her mother and I couldn't do. At least, not and keep living in this town comfortably." I silently looked back and was surprised to see tears appear in Theodore's eyes. "You know that Bill liked to brag about his conquests. Well, he was bragging about all he had done with Kimber at the Old WaterWheel bar one night, and two of the towns oldest and richest were there to hear it all. Kayla and I are almost accepted, because of Kayla's side of the family and their ties to the old banking crowd, but my interest in construction, and history of being a simple foreman never sat well with the old money crowd."

I could see where the story was going and nodded. "Let me guess, Kimber's falling for Bill was unforgivable in the eyes of the rich and powerful."

Theodore nodded sadly. "They told me that should I ever accept my daughter back, she would have to serve at parties, wearing a maid's outfit and no panties and being available to all the men who wanted her. It was heartbreaking because they said that in front of Kayla at a big party they held, supposedly to plan Kimber's introduction into their high society. Worse they made it clear that they would happily ruin my business and try to bankrupt Kayla and I if we fought back."

"And you let them force Kimber from your life," I growled, suddenly angry as I remembered how hurt Kimber still was.

"We try to help her, and support her, but Kayla and I fear what might happen, so we keep her at arms length. I can't tell you how thankful I am that you supported her, despite the fact that she had failed to listen to you." the old man replied. "And now, I hear that your wife has decided to end the marriage, so I have to ask. Will you be marrying my daughter?"

"Mr. Powell, I..."

Suddenly he started laughing. "Oh, I know you'll be taking that lawyer of yours too. You do realize that she and Kimber are lovers already?"

I found myself mouth agape, staring at Kimber's father as he smiled knowingly. My thoughts seemed to be stuck in quicksand, but he rescued me by continuing. "I pay a private investigator to keep a watch over my daughter. Your lawyer and she first met a few days before that party you went to on Saturday, and it didn't take either of them long to realize they were kindred spirits when it came to loving you."

"This is getting entirely too complicated," I grumbled. "I just wanted to protect my children and get away from a woman who obviously didn't respect me. And I can't believe you support this mad scheme."

The man actually laughed louder. "Mr. Vinson, I go to the parties and receptions of the rich and powerful around here. Most of them are married and yet have lovers on the side, many openly. Kayla and I are happily married, but both of us have few illusions that one man and one woman is the only possible relationship. At least you would be honest about it, and I know Kimber will never look for another man."

I was about to protest one last time when Theodore held up his hand. "Please, I know you aren't happy about this, but it's the right thing to do in this case. Search your heart, can you honestly say that you don't love either Debra or Kimber?"

I sighed. "No, the more I hear, the harder it is to deny that I do have feelings for them, but I wonder if those feelings are enough."

"If you are still able to ask that question, they are more than enough," a female voice said behind me. I turned and found that Kayla Howell had snuck in during the discussion and had been listening quietly. She smiled. "If it was just lust, you wouldn't care and if the love wasn't strong enough, you wouldn't worry about my Kimberly."

I winced as I heard Kayla voice the name. The last time I had heard it used was when I had snapped at her daughter and received a well-deserved slap for ignoring her wishes. "I still have to get divorced," I said with a sigh. "And I don't want your daughter to fail to graduate because she rushed into something."

Kayla got up and walked around to sit next to her husband, taking his hand lovingly. "That's more than we could expect. And thank you." She said with a smile.

After that the discussion turned to tales of Kimber's childhood and I found myself learning a lot about the blond beauty I felt I barely knew. By the end of the meeting I was surprised by how comfortable I was with her parents, and their clear support of their daughter's desire dashed any thoughts I might have had about backing out. I found myself wishing for a way to speed my divorce along.

Jenny did not reappear Monday or Tuesday. Each morning I was taking Morgana and Lance to work, and then having to rearrange my schedule to pick them up in the afternoon. The only advantage was that we were able to stop and purchase beds for them on Monday. This was only partially cheered by the kids as they admitted that sleeping in sleeping bags on the floor was fun. I just thought of the hard floor and shivered.

Fortunately my clients understood the situation I was in, and I was able to free up my afternoons to watch over my children. I did not neglect work entirely as I would spend some time in my office, updating plans and following up on campaign rollouts.

Wednesday, once again Jenny failed to appear after school, and by the time Maria arrived to watch the children so I could attend the marriage counseling I was more than a little worried. It had been a week since she had abruptly stormed out of the previous session, saying she had plans to spend the evening with Shirley and since then nothing had been heard.

Nathan only added to my concern when he admitted that Jenny had once again failed to attend her one-on-one session on Monday. He seemed honestly saddened by the fact that the marriage was dead. "I'll be honest, during that first joint session Jenny's concern and fire made me think that she still did want to save the marriage, but since then she has not followed through and without her participation there is nothing to be done."

I nodded and was about to say more when my cell phone began to ring. Nathan waved for me to answer the call. "This is Roger," I said.

"Am I speaking to the husband of Mrs. Jenny Vinson?" a male voice said.

"Yes, but I haven't seen her in a week. Who are you?" I responded. Nathan noticed the comment and sat up in attention.

"This is Lieutenant Michael Evans from the police department. I'm afraid we found your wife, sir," the voice responded.

"Afraid you found her?" I asked.

Michael sighed. "Yes, she was picked up and arrested about two hours ago. She just cleared processing, and someone found the missing person report so we followed up by calling you."

"Arrested? What were the charges?" I asked. At this Nathan pulled out a pad and started writing.

"She was picked up in a crack house raid. She was found with Shirley Mendoza. The charges are multiple counts of prostitution, drug use, and assault on an officer. Right now we are holding her until morning when she will be arraigned," came Michael's voice.

"So when should I come down to deal with bail and such?" I asked.

The officer sighed over the phone. "If all goes well she should be in front of the judge before lunch and bail will be set then. You might want to find her a good lawyer though, right now she's up for multiple felonies and looking at three to five years minimum."

"Why did you call and not her?" I asked.

"She's so out of it from the drugs she was taking that she couldn't hold a phone if she tried," the officer replied. "We only identified her once we found her purse inside the car of Miss Mendoza and were able to use her ID to verify who it was."

"Thanks then, I'll await the call tomorrow," I said.

I hung up and Nathan looked over at me. 'I guess its news about Jenny, and considering your questions, it wasn't good news."

"She was arrested earlier today for prostitution and drug possession. I guess that answers the question of how important this marriage was to her," I replied.

Nathan was shocked by the news, and sat back in his chair as the news struck. There was a moment as he tossed his notepad onto the desk, then he frowned. "I guess that ends the counseling. I have learned enough about you to be sure that you won't want the marriage to continue after this."

I nodded. "Yes, I think I should return home and warn the kids. This is going to be rough on them."

Nathan agreed and after I had made sure that all the payments were complete, I found myself in the car and driving home.

Maria home greeted my early arrival with much concern. She immediately started brewing some tea, after giving me Debra's evening number. "She'll want to hear about this tonight," she told me.

Debra was both concerned and excited to hear my call, and told me that she would rush to my house to talk.

About an hour later, I had managed to read to Morgana and Lance and send them off to sleep. Morgana sensed that there was trouble, but smiled when I promised her that I would have more complete information the next day and went to sleep. Lance was very happy with his new bedroom and had no problem falling asleep It turned out that Debra arrived just as I came down from the kid's rooms. She was dressed in shorts and a t-shirt rather than her usual suits and her beautiful long hair was unbound and fell to her waist in a wave. "Sorry that I'm not dressed up," she said as I let her into the house. "You called me as I was relaxing in the bath."

I looked Debra up and down, and suddenly reached out and pulled her to me. "I love how you look right now," I whispered as I hugged her.

Debra stiffened in surprise. I thought I was going to be slapped, but she sighed and returned the hug for a moment before pushing me away. "Let's deal with the new situation first," she said with a sigh.

"First?" I asked.

Debra gave me an enigmatic smile. Before I could react she unsnapped her shorts and slowly slid them to the floor. She was wearing no panties and her smirk made it clear that she wanted me to reach for her pussy. "We have a date in your bed as soon as I hear all you know about Jenny's arrest," she said.

I groaned and stepped up to give her a kiss, making it long and slow. As Debra relaxed against me, I stopped the kiss and looked her in the eyes. "Kimber has to be here," I said shaking my head. "For the first time, you both need to be here, so that you know I have no favorite."

Debra looked at me for a moment and laughed. She slowly bent down and pulled up her shorts. My eyes found themselves riveted to her ass, and I groaned again as she turned and snapped the shorts back on. "I'll make sure you regret your decision to make me wait," she said.

My hands drifted down to cover my crotch for a moment. "I already do," I admitted. "But it has to be this way."

She sighed, but headed into the living room. She soon discovered that I had not yet obtained furniture for that area and looked at me. "Where do we go?" she asked.

"My bedroom will work. Unless you don't want to sit on the bed with me," I replied unthinkingly.

Debra laughed at my response, and then got even louder as I blushed. She reached down and pulled the t-shirt over her head, throwing it at me and then walking towards the hall. "Come on big boy," she vamped. "I want to see this bed I'm going to be spending lots of time in."

"Debra!" I growled as I followed her into the bedroom. She ran just ahead of me and threw herself onto the bed, rolling over and looking up at me with a smile. I threw the t-shirt back at her, but she merely folded it carefully and set it on one of the pillows.

She smiled at me, but arched her back, thrusting her firm breasts towards me. Once again I felt my body respond, and I sank down onto the bed to hide my discomfort. Debra just smiled and then spoke. "Regretting it enough?" she asked.

"Please stop," I responded. "I'm not going to be able to fight my emotions much longer, and I do want to do this right."

Debra sighed, but sat up normally. She looked me right in the end and then nodded. "Very well, I'll stop for now. Meanwhile, all you said was that Jenny had been arrested. Why don't try you explain it all. I need to know what happened before we do anything."

I tried to pointedly look over to the t-shirt, but Debra just smiled and waited for me to start, so I began. "Last week, Jenny stormed out of the counseling session after bragging to Mr. Reynolds and I that she was going out with Shirley to have sex. The next day she did not pick up the kids from school, and they have been staying here since. Every day I take them to school and pick them up, but no Jenny. I even have checked the house every day and she hasn't checked the mail, or slept in the bed. Most of the mail is still on the kitchen table, although I have been dealing with the household bills."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.