Catch 22 Wife - Cover

Catch 22 Wife

Copyright© 2008 by Allan Joyal

Chapter 5

I drove home to find a car I did not recognize sitting in the driveway. As I got out, Maria emerged from the car, followed a moment later by Morgana and Lance. Maria smiled at me as Morgana and Lance hugged my legs. "I get a feeling that their mother is planning on staying out rather late and felt they would be safe with you," she said with a smile in her eyes.

"Won't Jenny get upset about this?" I asked.

Lance was the one who answered. "She only cares about what Shirley says."

I sighed, and gathered my children up in a hug. "I'm here for you," I said.

Morgana giggled. "I know daddy, but we need a mommy, and right now, the one we have is defective. I'll witch one up for you though."

I choked at this, and looked up at Maria who mouthed, "Later" to me as I held my children. After a moment I led them to the house and they rushed up to their rooms to get the sleeping bags set up again. I could hear a bit of laughter, but they must have been tired from stress because both were lying down less than thirty minutes later.

"Thank you again," I told Maria as she finished off a cup of tea in the kitchen. "It's good to know that someone who cared for the kids was there."

Maria laughed. "I didn't do it for you. That little witch of yours is quite a charmer."

I nodded. "Yes. She is special."

"You have no idea," Maria replied. "You do know that she's looking for a new mommy don't you?"

I groaned. "It's too early for me to consider that. Even if the marriage is dead, it's just too soon."

Maria laughed. "Oh, I think you just say that for appearances. But I should thank you. I've always worried a bit about having children, because I was worried if I could relate to them. Your two kids showed me that even someone like me can make things work."

Maria left a short time later, and after a quick peek in on the kids, I headed to my own bed for sleep.

I woke up and realized that although I had kept my cell phone by my side through the night, there had been no calls from Jenny. There was no time to worry about this and I was soon rushing around getting Morgana and Lance ready for school. They had thankfully come prepared and after I managed to throw together a lunch for each of them, I rushed them to their school, getting them there just before the bell rang to start class.

The rest of the morning and early afternoon was spent once again in selling my skills to companies in the area. Thankfully, I had just completed my last planned presentation when my cell phone rang. "Roger Vinson here, how might I help you?"

"Mr. Vinson," a female voice replied. "Is it possible for you to come and pick up your children from school? Jenny Vinson has not shown up and school's been out for thirty minutes."

"What?" I replied as I checked my watch. "I guess I can, but have you tried their mother? I'm on the far side of town and it's going to take me twenty minutes or so to drive to the school."

The voice replied again. "Yes, we have tried your home number twice and have received no answer. So please hurry, I'll stay to watch your children until you arrive."

The lights were with me and eighteen minutes later I pulled into the school parking lot where a lady in her forties was waiting with Morgana and Lance. The kids hurried over to my car as I came to a stop and the lady walked up.

"I tried your wife again, and even tried our emergency cell number for her. There has been no answer," she said.

I groaned as the kids buckled themselves in. "Well, I'll check at her house then."

"Her house?" the woman asked.

Morgana chose that moment to chime in. "Mommy decided that she didn't want to be married to daddy anymore. Daddy lives alone, but not for too much longer."

The lady gave me a funny look as I glared back at Morgana. "You little witch. What did you do this time?" I asked.

Morgana just laughed and refused to answer. The woman seemed to notice that the children were safely buckled in and indicated that she needed to head for home herself. As she stepped back I accelerated away, heading to the home I had shared with Jenny.

The house was dark when we arrived, and the children dashed through looking for signs that their mother had been home. I noticed that the mail had not been collected, and the bed not slept in, and worried a bit about what happened to Jenny after leaving the counseling session. There was no sign of where she might be, so I directed the children to gather clothing and other items to hold them for a week, and we would all go over to my house. I then left a note on the kitchen table detailing what I had done and we drove over to my place.

That night the children insisted that I help them get the rooms ready for painting. I had picked up the paint colors they wanted on Monday, hoping to surprise them in the future, so I cheerfully went along, thinking that I might be able to purchase beds for them over the weekend.

Friday ended up very similar to Thursday, although I managed to rearrange my schedule to arrive at the school just as it let out. We waited ten minutes to see if Jenny showed up before driving over to the house. It again showed no sign that Jenny had visited and I brought the mail in again. Morgana and Lance were a bit upset that their mother was still missing and I promised to call the cops and see about the disappearance once we got to my house.

The cops came by and were interested in the particulars, but could only assure the children that I would be called the instant any word of their mother reached them. They said that without some firm leads on what might have happened, they would only be able to devote a limited amount of time to the case, but did say they would call with updates.

Fortunately, children are resilient and the prospect of painting bedrooms quickly distracted both children. Morgana was thrilled that I had found some lilac paint for her room, saying that purple gave just the right feeling of mystery. Lance was a bit less original, and merely wanted a white room with blue trim. When I came out from the garage with the cans of paint, you would have thought that I had just presented the children with a puppy.

Saturday morning saw the first coat in Morgana's room drying as we put a layer of paint in Lance's room. We had just about finished and I was thinking about preparing lunch when the doorbell rang. I used a rag to clean my hands of as much paint as I could and then descended the stairs to open the door.

To my shock, Maria was standing there, carrying a small overnight bag. "I hear you have a date tonight, and the children will need someone to watch them," she said with a smile.

"How?" I started to ask. I could see Maria about to answer when I supplied my own answer. "The enchantress did it again, didn't she."

Maria actually laughed at that. "All I know is that you need to shower and then be out the door by twelve-thirty for a long drive, and to not expect you back until one or so tomorrow."

"But?" I said. "Aren't we taking away your whole weekend?"

"And what would I do on a weekend, except sit and home and wish Toby's arms were around me?" Maria asked. "At least here, I get to watch two wonderful children at play, and I don't feel quite so lonely for him. Although, he might be a bit surprised to find out that I threw my birth control pills away and that I'm hoping to have one of my own children next year."

I laughed and invited her in, before calling the children down. I explained that we were painting the children's rooms, but that I would not expect that of her. I then asked how much I owed her, also remembering that I had not given her money before she left on Wednesday.

Maria laughed again. 'I made your ex-wife pay me before she left on Wednesday. I had a bad feeling that she'd do exactly as she did. As for this weekend, consider it a favor, for showing me that children aren't something to be afraid of."

Morgana and Lance were thrilled to see Maria and then pulled her away to show her their rooms. I saw Morgana throw me a wink just before they ascended the stairs and I dashed off to the shower to get ready for the drive. I remembered Kimber's instructions and threw on a pair of boxer shorts under the pants and shirt I put on before hurrying on my way.

The party was being thrown by a collection of sororities and fraternities at Kimber's college, which was nearly a four-hour drive away. However, my directions led me to a small apartment about a ten-minute walk from campus. I rang the doorbell and had turned around to scan the neighborhood when I heard the door open.

"Roger!" I heard Kimber cry out. "You made it! Perfect, let's get you inside and into your costume."

I turned around and froze on the doorstep. Kimber was dressed as little red riding hood, but not the sweet and innocent girl from the modern fable. Her cotton top was tight against her breasts and cut off well above her navel. The skirt was nice and flowing, but barely came halfway down her thighs and rode so low on her hips that I was surprised I could not see her panties. Of course, I could see the lacey black garter belt that circled her waist and was holding up some fishnet stockings that just barely disappeared under her skirt. With the spike heels on her feet, Kimber looked extremely sexy and my mind stopped.

Kimber laughed and pulled me inside. "I'd say you like it then."

My mouth opened and closed several times before I finally found my voice. "Kimber, if I didn't know any better..."

"Yes," she replied kissing me on the cheek. "I am going to seduce you tonight, or at least try my hardest." Her hand went to my crotch to feel my already hard cock. "I think you might already be feeling it," she said with a wink.

I was trying to formulate an answer when a female voice I almost recognized sounded out from the hallway. "I heard the doorbell does that mean..."

To my surprise Debra walked out, toweling down her hair, but this was not the prim and proper lawyer Debra. Her body from neck down to the golden heels she wore was dusted in a tawny paint that was carefully covered with black spots. The effect was to make her look like some kind of cheetah girl, and the tail attached to her back only added to the illusion. The paint was so well done that for a moment I did not see the bikini, which concealed her private areas, as the paint blended it in.

Debra just smiled. "Surprise."

"But-" I sputtered.

I think both ladies could sense that I was upset because they both jumped forward and each took one of my arms.

"Please don't leave," Kimber said.

"This was Morgana's idea," was Debra's addition.

I stood there with my eyes closed, trying to think up a suitable punishment for my little temptress daughter, but nothing came to mind. Finally I opened my eyes with a sigh. "You both better have wonderful stories behind this later, but I'll stay. I didn't drive this far to just turn around."

Both ladies relaxed and threw their arms around me in a hug. To my surprise, first Kimber and then Debra demanded kisses on the lips, which they turned into duels with tongues. As they stepped away, and before I could protest, Kimber thrust a bag into my hands.

"The party is a dinner and then a dance," she said. "Put that costume on and we can be at the dinner right at five."

I looked at both ladies who appeared to be hoping I might change in front of them before heading down the hallway to find a bathroom to change in, as Debra muttered "spoilsport!"

The costume proved to be that of a pirate captain. Blousy black pants, a pseudo-leather vest and an eye-patch were the main items. I could see Morgana's hand in this as the outfit fit surprisingly well having been custom made, it clearly was not some cheap off-the-shelf costume. I had finished putting the accessories on and was coming out when I could hear whispering in the front room, I could not be sure who was the speaker because they were trying to be quiet, but I managed to follow the conversation.

"So Morgana didn't tell him?"

"She's afraid he won't find a new woman in his life."

"Why not?"

"Morgana thinks he might regret leaving the bitch and will refuse to go on dates."

"But why me then, it could have been just you." At this point I guessed that this was Debra, since the party was for Kimber's sorority and Debra lived and worked back in my hometown.

"Who knows the mind of an eight year old," Kimber said with a laugh.

I decided then to make a small production of opening the bathroom door, pretending that I had just come out and missed the conversation. I came out to find Debra putting the finishing touches on her costume by carefully settling a pair of cat ears into her hair. Kimber jumped up as I came out and grabbed a hat, dropping it on my head and smiling.

"Yeargh." I growled experimentally, causing both Debra and Kimber to laugh.

I expected a bit more time for talk, but Kimber grabbed my arm ands started pulling me to the door. "Let's go," she said.

Debra and I both followed Kimber, as Kimber led me out of the apartment. Kimber stopped to lock her apartment and then put both of her arms around my left arm. "The party is at the Branham Hotel, just a block from campus. We can walk." She said.

Debra immediately laid claim to my right arm, and held me tight as Kimber led us on a short walk towards campus, stopping at a well-weathered building and leading us inside.

There was a short pause at the entrance as Kimber passed over some tickets to the event. Everything went surprisingly smoothly and we were soon walking into a rather elegant ballroom. The walls were lined with tables and the center of the room was set aside for dancing.

Kimber led us to a table and we sat down, each lady choosing a seat next to mine, leaving me in the middle. She explained that there would be a waiter shortly and we could order either chicken or steak, as the event was catered. The first drink was free for those over twenty-one, although the waiters rarely carded. "Just about everyone will get drunk," she said. "The university tolerates that as long as no one drives away without first blowing in a Breathalyzer. We walked up so that wasn't a worry."

I laughed as I looked around. People were streaming in and I quickly noticed that Kimber was actually modestly dressed for the event. Some of the ladies appeared to be wearing less than Debra; a state that caused me to blush when one woman of about twenty turned and I realized that her nipples were clearly visible.

Debra laughed at that. "It's a Greek Halloween party," she said. "Been a while since I went to one."

Kimber laughed. "I love this one, but I think the costumes get smaller every year. I have this sickening feeling that next year some girl is going to show up naked."

Debra nodded. "Some girl did at the one I went to back when I was in school. But the president of the Greek Council ordered that she be removed before any trouble started."

I was now concentrating on looking at Kimber and Debra. They seemed surprisingly at ease with one another and I could resist asking. "How is it that you know each other? I can't imagine how you met."

"Morgana," they said in unison, which caused Kimber to laugh.

Debra sighed and looked at me. "Roger, your daughter loves you deeply and knows you aren't happy with her mother. So she decided to help you find a replacement."

I looked at Debra and Kimber and noticed that both were staring at me intently. "And you ladies are..."

Kimber giggled. "Volunteering? Or would you prefer auditioning?"

I was surprised as Debra nodded in response to Kimber's statement. I was about to protest when the waiter arrived and asked for our selection. I was caught a bit unprepared as I expected the waiter to wait for the table to fill up, but as Kimber stated her preference for chicken, an arriving group took up the other seats and the waiter was able get orders for the whole table. He promised a delivery of drinks shortly, but reminded us that future drinks required a trip to the bar, and there would be a charge for those.

We waited for dinner, and both Kimber and Debra flirted with me, although they kept it rather chaste while at the table. Debra seemed surprisingly relaxed and happy to be away from her office. I was now a bit uncomfortable; especially at the fact that Kimber and Debra were both openly campaigning to be the next Mrs. Vinson and my filing for divorce was not even a month old. I just was not ready for this situation.

The ladies seemed to sense my unease because they started talking about Kimber's experiences in college and comparing them to both Debra's and mine. I noticed that Debra indicated that she had graduated more than six years before, which surprised me considering that I had estimated her age at mid to late twenties, but I didn't say anything.

Once dinner was served, both ladies joined me in cleaning our plates. The food was surprisingly good, and it was easy to ignore the major question of why I was at the party while making sure I had cleaned off my plate.

However, I had barely finished when the music started and Kimber grabbed me and dragged me onto the dance floor, ignoring Debra's protests. The first song was a slow one, and Kimber did her best to slide her body next to mine and to rub against me. Her actions soon revealed that she was not wearing a bra as her hardening nipples become obvious. She sighed in contentment as the song ended and we stepped apart.

"I want more dances like that," she said, as we headed back to the table. We approached to find Debra standing and waiting for us.

Debra immediately took my hand and led me back onto the dance floor, enjoying a couple of energetic dances before another slow song began and she slid into my arms, pressing her body against mine as we swayed around the dance floor.

"I thought you didn't date clients," I said as Debra held me close.

"This is not a date," Debra said. "It's an audition for the next Mrs. Vinson, and I expect to win."

"Shouldn't I be divorced before I start looking," I said with a sigh as the music stopped and we walked back towards the table, where Kimber waited, smiling.

Debra passed my hand over to Kimber and smiled. "You might get distracted by another pretty face before then," she purred. "And I want you to know I'm interested."

Kimber all but rushed me out onto the floor as the band kicked into a fast number again. The speed of the music kept me shuffling my feet in an approximation of dancing for several moments before they decided to return to a slow song and Kimber once again held me close. "So, I see Debra is making her play," she said, as she rested her head on my shoulder.

"You saying that you aren't?" I asked.

Kimber laughed and I could feel her right hand slide down my back to rest on my ass for a moment. "I most definitely am as well. I want you and I've known you longer than she has."

The slow dance ended and Kimber led me back to the table, passing me back to Debra, who once again took me out to the dance floor for some more awkward shuffling until another slow dance began and I found my arms filled with a lovely lawyer who currently looked like a cheetah. The closeness of Debra and her open sensual dancing had hardened my cock, but I tried my best to prevent her from realizing that she was getting to me. The smirk on her face as we walked off the floor at the end of the dance made it clear that I had not succeeded.

Debra led me back to the table, but when Kimber jumped up, I claimed fatigue and requested an opportunity to sit. I expected both ladies to sit with me, but instead Kimber grabbed Debra's hand and led her out do the dance floor. I grabbed a glass of water from the table and settled into a chair to watch.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.