Ballad of the Samurai II: Requiem
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2008 by Chaos Samurai

Previously on Ballad of the Samurai 2:

"I think it was cool, he's like superman or somethin'."

"Yes, that hasn't changed. We want him back in his original form. Then we will be able to capture him and begin our experiments," after a pause Yurei continued, "how are you sure that he has returned?"

"Find the energy source, if it's him confront him and test him; how strong is he, has he gotten stronger?"

"Is it another woman?" Miranda asked.

"Yeah, I think this has been a good thing for her. She has been really down since well, you know..." Rachel said.

"Damn it, they are breaking the defenses around the weapons locker."

"So, it's my turn right?" he asked no one.

Tanner's knees were shaking so badly they were knocking into each other. He about shit himself when Arrian turned to him with a smile on his face and said, "Fatality."

Now Ballad of the Samurai 2 continues...

Arrian surveyed the individuals in the room. Most had expression of disbelief mixed with fear, hell one even pissed himself.

"Why are you here?" He asked.

The one that looked like the leader opened his mouth, but no words came out only a series of gurgles passed his vocal chords.

"I guess some persuasion is in order." He said as lightning covered both hands.

As Arrian advanced on one of the men, the man shrieked in a shrill voice reminiscent of a young girl, it was so out of the ordinary it stopped Arrian in his tracks and he started laughing.

"Well ... you truly are a man's man aren't you?" He said in between chuckles.

Arrian was so engrossed in his laughter he took his eyes off one of the men, said man had opened one of the prototype weapons.

His only warning was a faint whirring sound that emanated from his side.

He turned in time to see a sonic pulse crash into him; an 'umph' was knocked out of him before he slammed through a wall.

"I fixed that psychotic fucker!" The man with the weapon said.

"Pack that fucking weapon, we're keeping that one, call it a bonus for unexpected surprises while on the job." Tanner said after recovering.

"You shouldn't have done that." Came the voice from beyond the destroyed wall.

He stepped through the gaping hole, and the men were surprised at the change in him.

Gone was the shoulder length black hair, it was now a very pale gray, and it reached the small of his back.

"I appreciate your help in my waking, but that will not save you." He said in an indifferent tone.

In a blur of movement, he stood before the man with the prototype weapon, and placed a hand on his chest. The man convulsed as if some unknown force ran through his body both holding him in place and torturing him ever so slowly.

Ever so slowly the hand on his chest went higher until it was leveled with his eyes. The hand tucked some fingers and formed a mock gun, with the index finger pressed firmly between his eyebrows.

"Time to die." He said as a spark of lighting shot out his index finger and straight through the man's brain.

"Be thankful, you at least get to keep your body intact."


Yurei sat in the same chair he sat in for countless eons, the Commander's Chair on the bridge of the Destroyer.

"Sir?"

"What is it?"

"I was just informed of your decision to use the asteroid field we are currently hiding in to test the experiment's powers."

"And what of it? Do you think I am making the wrong decision?" Yurei asked in a dangerous tone.

"No sir! I would never presume such a thing! I was merely hoping to point something out and make a more feasible suggestion, if I may of course." The technician said.

"Very well."

"Using the asteroids may bring us, some undue attention. The humans may decide to look into why the asteroid left this belt in such an odd fashion. And though they are still primitive being in comparison with us, they possess a tenacity to know more than is healthy. Might I suggest we use a controlled shockwave emitter?"

"Why an emitter?" Yurei asked curiosity at his lackey's suggestion.

"Well Sir, with the emitter we can control the location and magnitude of the shockwave. After all this is just to test the experiment, not wipe out the human species."

"You bring up interesting points. Perhaps your way is best under the current conditions. I shall inform you of my decision, in the mean time begin working on the emitter, if I decide to follow your suggestion, I want immediate implementation."

"Yes Sir!" The technician said as he scampered back to his lab to begin his task.

Soon, Amni-Ra, very soon. But first we will see just how strong you are.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.